Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Continuing BoisChat: Card Show is very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Has anyone else noticed when watching Card Show that Jon and Ryan, respectively, sound a lot like Nick and Griffin?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This is my favorite under-appreciated Bois story.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

I never see anyone talking about Tim Tebow in the CFL and that's a loving shame. https://www.sbnation.com/2014/8/18/5998715/the-tim-tebow-cfl-chronicles

This is amazing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6XbAUUwP8c

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This got posted to one of the facebook groups. It's a breakdown of the TAZ metaplot in prep for the finale. It's not the conspiracy theory tumblr, but it's a pretty good recap of a lot of the little things.

http://cancerously.tumblr.com/post/162569597746/a-guide-to-the-adventure-zone-metaplot

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Cicadalek posted:

Russ is self aware enough to laugh at but I do really wish that he wasn't the camera man, He often seems to run away from the team and then you just hear Griffin screaming "OH MY GOD THIS IS INCREDIBLE" while Russ, with an expression of deep concentration on his face (I imagine), picks up and drops a shotgun 3 times.
Russ is incredibly risk averse and he can't hold still for any length of time, is my issue with him as the cameraman

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Who was the cameraman that recorded Griffin's execution (after his cheerful 'HI!!) during the first appearance of Momma Squad? Pat? Whoever was manning the stream that time should handle it from now on cause that was amazingly brutal to see.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Asiina posted:

This got posted to one of the facebook groups. It's a breakdown of the TAZ metaplot in prep for the finale. It's not the conspiracy theory tumblr, but it's a pretty good recap of a lot of the little things.

http://cancerously.tumblr.com/post/162569597746/a-guide-to-the-adventure-zone-metaplot

Oh, I just started listening to it recently and am not near caught up. Is the podcast really ending next week?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Oh, I just started listening to it recently and am not near caught up. Is the podcast really ending next week?

The show will still be running, just a different campaign and possibly different GM. I can't imagine the finale will wrap up in one episode, but maybe!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I very much doubt they'll wrap it up in one episode. That's not how Griffin rolls.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
There is no chance in hell next week is the last episode. Whatever number Griffin has planned, double it at least.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

McElroy adjacent, but Woodland Secrets released an episode interviewing the good polygon toad boy

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Griffin will say "it will be two more episodes" in each of the next 6 or 7 episodes

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I very much doubt they'll wrap it up in one episode. That's not how Griffin rolls.

I'm guessing at least three months of episodes, conservatively.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
8 episode finale arc, 2 episode story wrap-up, 1 episode epilogue. We'll finish on Candlenights 2017.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mario stays lithe and young by dousing himself in rabbit cream.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

El Padrino posted:

Who was the cameraman that recorded Griffin's execution (after his cheerful 'HI!!) during the first appearance of Momma Squad? Pat? Whoever was manning the stream that time should handle it from now on cause that was amazingly brutal to see.

Isn't that also the one where Griffin sideswipes the fence and gets everyone shot?

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Pigbuster posted:

Mario stays lithe and young by dousing himself in rabbit cream.

he is LIVING for that cream cream

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
I've really done a 180 on Russ. He is a very gentle boy and tries his best. His motorcycle adventure during the last game was hilarious.

Honestly didn't find this one as interesting or as funny as the first episode. They didn't really do a lot with the concept.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Zeeman posted:

There is no chance in hell next week is the last episode. Whatever number Griffin has planned, double it at least.

I hope he's planning on an episode and a half so the finale is three episodes long so this campaign is 69 episodes long

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

dmboogie posted:

McElroy adjacent, but Woodland Secrets released an episode interviewing the good polygon toad boy

Speaking of the very good picture of Toad, these have started happening
https://twitter.com/KristianCollie/status/883150441785180160

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
blu/pjeans (the Only relevant straight couple, that has existed for like, a month) got 10x more screentime and development than hurloane, sweet flips and taakitz combined (the 3 pairs of which are either dead, a joke, ‘up to interpretation’ or completely ignored) and has far more fanfics/fanart than hurloane and sweet flips, and the only reason taakitz has fancontent is because the fandom loves 2 fetishize gay men (as shown by the trillions of fetishy taako ships) and ignore lesbians

the only confirmed character of colour was hinted to be a traitor for most of the show and is hated and considered a villain by the majority of the fandom, which the creators have done nothing about. the creators only listened to white fans’ advice on taako’s ethnicity and ended up making him white and then green instead of mexican like we’d been asking for from the beginning. it’s still unclear if they’re going to change this or not and their apology was guilt trippy and half assed

now the creators of a zine for poc + lgbt ppl are being told by the mcelroys that they can’t make profit off their unofficial fanzine even tho a completely white fanzine got published before and probably made thousands. can the taz fandom stop pretending this show has any good rep at all and like, start tweeting at the mcelroys or something to fix this mess??

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Source your quotes.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm really glad transwomen are finally accepted enough in society that a popular piece of media having a decent romantic relationship starring a transwomen isn't LGBT friend enough for tumblr.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Soup du Jour posted:

Source your quotes.

They're from the voices inside his head.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I'm sure that's a copypaste, but I'm very curious how tweeting at the McElroys is supposed to alter the fanart/fanfic production habits of the TAZ fandom. Maybe it's supposed to be like The Secret, only instead of thinking about what you want, you say it into twitter.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Oh yay, we get to start the cycle of dragging Twitter/Tumblr drama here all over again. This never gets old and searching for these things endlessly definitely isn't pathetic at all.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Raserys posted:

can the taz fandom stop pretending this show has any good rep at all and like, start tweeting at the mcelroys or something to fix this mess??

This is pretty good bait and all, but there are people that legit think this should be the case. And to those people, I say: if a comedy d&d podcast by 4 white people from West Virginia is your one stop shop for representation, you're a loving idiot.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Who is sweet flips

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Raserys posted:

Who is sweet flips

Carry & Killian, the orc and dragonborn couple from the Crystal Kingdom (and I think a donor episode or two?).

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Judge Schnoopy posted:

This is pretty good bait and all, but there are people that legit think this should be the case. And to those people, I say: if a comedy d&d podcast by 4 white people from West Virginia is your one stop shop for representation, you're a loving idiot.

fuckin got em dude!

Greatbacon posted:

Carry & Killian, the orc and dragonborn couple from the Crystal Kingdom (and I think a donor episode or two?).

Yea Taako scouted up ahead in Crystal Kingdom and saw them fighting off monsters and went back all 'yea nothin up there let's go another way, and if you heard me say something like 'aw cool' or 'sweet flips' that's just an elf nursery song I sing sometimes'.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

fuckin got em dude!

Yea Taako scouted up ahead in Crystal Kingdom and saw them fighting off monsters and went back all 'yea nothin up there let's go another way, and if you heard me say something like 'aw cool' or 'sweet flips' that's just an elf nursery song I sing sometimes'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frlyz3hXWrA :v:

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
Anyway the TAZ fandom is still capable of producing really good things, like this music video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=temd3Sy-0Fk

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

showbiz_liz posted:

They didn't delete! They just renamed their blog, and because Tumblr is a hateful garbage website, changing the blog name changed the post's URL.

Here's the updated link.

Awesome, thank you! Maaaan, this stuff really was woven in from the jump, huh?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Dark Grapefruit posted:

Anyway the TAZ fandom is still capable of producing really good things, like this music video.

Good god, this one is amazing. Spoilers up to the latest episode of TAZ, mind.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Dark Grapefruit posted:

Wowsers, Bowsers!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I'm going to have to play the "Don't Let's Start" video on quarter-speed so I can appreciate the art. By the way, it reminded me: Isn't Kravitz canonically black?

Thanks for the recs of the Mom episodes of PUBG. That set of people interacts so well together. (For anybody else who couldn't spot them, look for the recent Awful Squad episodes with Simone.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Not canonically, no. Most people draw him that way though. I used to imagine him as being very pale because I liked to imagine his flesh face looking vaguely like a skull, but that was antithetical to him being quite handsome. Now I'm onboard with him being dark-skinned, because it makes for an especially startling contrast when he shifts to skeleton form.

EDIT: I should clarify; Kravitz has no canonical skin color afaik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Next you'll be telling me that Merle doesn't wear flower circlets under all circumstances, including within a helmet.