Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

rovert posted:

Was set to tape around July originally but seemed like a budget cut. Anyway according to a fansite WWE is currently filming the 2015 Diva Search:

That seems like something entirely unneeded in today's WWE, with there being a load of talent between the main roster and NXT and not close to enough tv time or creative effort put toward them. The last thing they need are more non-wrestler models to dilute the division.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

rovert posted:

Was set to tape around July originally but seemed like a budget cut. Anyway according to a fansite WWE is currently filming the 2015 Diva Search:

Id like to think the 2015 Diva Search is Kevin Dunn's retaliation over the NXT women.

Does the winner go straight to the main roster or developmental?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

I strongly agree with whoever said that if Cena loses tonight he wins the Rumble. So it's lose lose. If Rollins gets the win it just means no Rumble title defense and Cena winning the Rumble.

I know that sounds jaded but I really can't work out the argument to shoot it down.

I honestly have the feeling they're working towards a Triple Threat match at the Rumble between Brock/Cena/Another Guy (Rollins or Bryan). Even though I have little faith in WWE I still believe they are so strongly behind Reigns they are going to give him the Rumble.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Blasmeister posted:

That seems like something entirely unneeded in today's WWE, with there being a load of talent between the main roster and NXT and not close to enough tv time or creative effort put toward them. The last thing they need are more non-wrestler models to dilute the division.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
A loving Divas Search in the year of our lord 2015

Never leave NXT, Charlotte

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Id like to think the 2015 Diva Search is Kevin Dunn's retaliation over the NXT women.

Kennedy summers was a playmate of the year. She went to high school with my sister.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Come back to NXT, Emma and Paige

E: and AJ and Nattie too.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Roman Reigns posted:

Does the winner go straight to the main roster or developmental?

Straight to filming total divas, probably

E: which is probably the best possible outcome

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Oh so we'd get another Eva Marie.

That's fantastic.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Dunn: The Divas division doesn't need talent. What it *needs* is some *TITS,* hee hee!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
NXT "THIS REF SUCKS"

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I think crowd hijacking of shows is usually stupid but I hope it happens everywhere if they run this again

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Blasmeister posted:

A minor quibble, but it's pretty clear they have more than enough TV time - which makes it even worse that they're squandering it in the way that they do.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

DeathChicken posted:

Dunn: The Divas division doesn't need talent. What it *needs* is some *TITS,* hee hee!
Bayley has big knockers along with talent, let's not throw tits under the bus here quite frankly.

If the pay-per-view tonight or RAW tomorrow ends with Brock suplexing everyone into oblivion, or at least looking crazy, I will be a happy man! Brock-hibition must be over soon right?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Heavy Metal posted:

Bayley has big knockers along with talent, let's not throw tits under the bus here quite frankly.

If the pay-per-view tonight or RAW tomorrow ends with Brock suplexing everyone into oblivion, or at least looking crazy, I will be a happy man! Brock-hibition must be over soon right?

he's advertised for tomorrow's Raw

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Heavy Metal posted:

Isn't he scheduled for a Raw this month to start the build on his Rumble match?

Edit: beaten because cell phone posting

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CblP1cx7lD4
Yeah this guy has no personality and no charisma yep

My favourite Cesaro moment will always be him and Hogan before WM30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knayuj_qroE

Cesaro just looks so happy

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A Diva Search doesn't seem like a change in hiring practices. There seems to be just as many amateur, untrained Divas in NXT (Charlotte, Bliss, Carmella) as indy trained wrestlers (Bayley, Banks, Lynch). WWE may have gotten more proactive about hiring outside talents but it never stopped focusing on its own trainees.

Of course putting their audition process on TV? You got me.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

You've made me a happy man!

I'm hoping Cena loses tonight and they throw together some crazy four way title match for Royal Rumble. Brock suplexes everyone all over the place. Make up for lost time.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

rovert posted:

Please hire the lady in the collared shirt. I want office casual diva.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Layla came from the Diva search so I can't really hate on it too much.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hell, Trish Stratus was hired by the same "hire a random hottie" criteria. And everyone loves Lana right now and she was basically hired by that criteria.

Its just dumb to put that poo poo on TV.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Codependent Poster posted:

Layla came from the Diva search so I can't really hate on it too much.

Didn't Maria as well? Maria rules.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

STAC Goat posted:

Hell, Trish Stratus was hired by the same "hire a random hottie" criteria. And everyone loves Lana right now and she was basically hired by that criteria.

To be fair Lana isn't put into matches to stink up the place.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
I feel as though if they don't rocket the girl to main roster (they will) it would be a great litmus test of what NXT can do with a girl who has no wrestling pedigree or former interest in being a pro wrestler.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Hiring people based on looks is still stupid and leads to terrible wrestling, even if a few people that came in through that process improved a lot.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

To be fair Lana isn't put into matches to stink up the place.

Well its a good thing that WWE remembered that some people can be useful as managers and solely managers. If they find a manager or two out of the Diva Search, super.

The hiring process just shouldn't be on RAW.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The dumb thing is that WWE still hires half of the Diva Search ladies anyway.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

They said they're gonna put it on the Network. So eh, whatever. And yeah, Maria was in it.

But come on, it also led to someone calling someone else a "cum guzzling slut" or something live on Raw once!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf0OcAfZT8M

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i hope someone's butt is hungry

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Divas searches and/or Tough Enough gave us Eva Marie and Cameron.

That's enough to violate the Geneva Convention, let alone merit shutting them down permanently.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Phenix Rising posted:

Didn't Maria as well? Maria rules.

Maria was never good in WWE

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think Eva came from a Diva Search. Unless it was some web exclusive deal or something. I think she was just a random hire.

And I don't think you can blame Tough Enough as an idea for the fact that the single worst person in the cast is the only one who worked with WWE long term. That's just how hosed up WWE is. There were actually talented people in that cast.

Then again there was also Ryan Howe who is in OVW and who I HATE so we may have dodged a bullet.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Roman owns. I understand some of the resentment and agree he's not ready and that other guys (namely Ambrose) would be better choices but I also think people overstate how "bad" Roman is. Also the Superman Punch and Spear are awesome.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
It's amazing how such a right opinion

can be in the same post as such a wrong one

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Superman Punch ... awesome.

The Spear is a sweet move, and Roman is good and will be fine, but he looks like a complete twat every time he locks'n'loads his forearm. The rest of his spots are great and when he gets a bit more experience in stringing them together into a solid match he'll be more fun to watch, and if he manages to break out of the John Cena Promo Script Hellhole even better.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

My only real problem with his superman punch is that he does jumping clotheslines that look really similar, which makes his offense look a bit samey

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I have no problem with the punch but I roll my eyes every time he cocks his forearm. It just seems like such a laughable douchebag move. And I think the punch actually works better without a buildup. Reigns' moves should be quick and impactful and feel like they came from nowhere. At least that's the times he's impressed me. He's capable of it so I think the over the top tease just undercuts it.

And I have nothing against his future prospects. He's just not ready now. I question whether he would have been ready now if he had stayed healthy but he didn't and he lost a big chunk of the year to develop into the main event player they want him to be. So I'd like to see his big push delayed to compensate for the delay in his development so that he isn't pushed too hard, too fast and develop bad habits or pick up resentment from the fans. Because I rather see him develop in the upper midcard than the main event.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My wife saw a post on Facebook about the entire NXT locker room being suspended for failing wellness tests. I told her that can't be true, but I wanted to double check and ask if there is any nugget of truth to the report. According to her, KAYFABE.com or something like that reported it.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
http://www.kayfabenews.com/entire-nxt-roster-suspended-use-performance-enhancing-charisma/

its like the wrestling onion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Spikeguy posted:

My wife saw a post on Facebook about the entire NXT locker room being suspended for failing wellness tests. I told her that can't be true, but I wanted to double check and ask if there is any nugget of truth to the report. According to her, KAYFABE.com or something like that reported it.

Welp, it's true.

http://www.kayfabenews.com/entire-nxt-roster-suspended-use-performance-enhancing-charisma/

edit: beaten to it.

• Locked thread