Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

soggybagel posted:

Of all his assistants, who has the biggest hog?

Gotta be Bill O’Brien

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

General Dog posted:

Ask him who makes the best pepperoni rolls in West Virginia.

I can already answer this one for you: it's the ones that are in the little plastic bags at Little General locations. Anywhere else you buy one is going to be just as good (or bad) as the gas station ones, but they might use stick pepperoni or be terrible in other ways.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Penisaurus Sex posted:

I can already answer this one for you: it's the ones that are in the little plastic bags at Little General locations. Anywhere else you buy one is going to be just as good (or bad) as the gas station ones, but they might use stick pepperoni or be terrible in other ways.

You probably mean Home Industries, which is correct.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
If you want to probably waste your time but maybe get a funny anecdote/see a laughing Saban, ask him if he has any opinions on Darby’s fishing trips.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

MourningView posted:

As a general rule of thumb probably avoid fighting any short guy from Iowa or Oklahoma, there is a greater than 50% chance they have been practicing for this exact moment since they were like 8 and will have you in a half nelson in seconds.

at the very least look at their ears, the more hosed up the worse for you

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Warbird posted:

Got a meeting with Saban later this week. Anything you degenerates want me to ask him?

Ask him his thoughts on the 2005 Rolling Stones album A Bigger Bang.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Warbird posted:

Got a meeting with Saban later this week. Anything you degenerates want me to ask him?

Did they let him pet the Aflac duck?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ask him if he indulges in any of millenial culture like Eating rear end

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Cthulu Carl posted:

Did they let him pet the Aflac duck?

I have a lot of duck questions. Is there more than one? Is it even a real duck? Does he get a little duck sized directors chair with his name on it?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
That dude was lucky someone got in the way of that suplex...

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
It’s good to be king.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/02/22/steve-sarkisian-salary-ut-austin/

Steve Sarkisian, the new head football coach at the University of Texas at Austin, is guaranteed to make at least $34.2 million throughout his six-year contract, according to a UT Board of Regents meeting agenda.

The board is expected to approve Sarkisian’s salary Thursday. Sarkisian, who was hired Jan. 2, will make $5.2 million in his first year as coach and is guaranteed a $200,000 raise each year. Sarkisian’s compensation also includes two dealership cars, 20 hours of private airplane use per year and a $250,000 relocation and temporary housing allowance. He will additionally receive a one-time payment of $1.2 million if he is still head coach on December 31, 2024. All of these funds will come from Texas Athletics, whose budget includes revenue from multiple sources including licensing, broadcasting rights, ticket sales and donors, according to university spokesperson J.B. Bird.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

soggybagel posted:

It’s good to be king.

Steve Sarkisian, the new head football coach at the University of Texas at Austin, is guaranteed to make at least $34.2 million throughout his six-year contract, according to a UT Board of Regents meeting agenda.

The board is expected to approve Sarkisian’s salary Thursday. Sarkisian, who was hired Jan. 2, will make $5.2 million in his first year as coach and is guaranteed a $200,000 raise each year. Sarkisian’s compensation also includes two dealership cars, 20 hours of private airplane use per year and a $250,000 relocation and temporary housing allowance. He will additionally receive a one-time payment of $1.2 million if he is still head coach on December 31, 2024. All of these funds will come from Texas Athletics, whose budget includes revenue from multiple sources including licensing, broadcasting rights, ticket sales and donors, according to university spokesperson J.B. Bird.

Hope it works out for Texas with that guaranteed money. As much as I hate them I can't deny cfb is better with a good Texas.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

soggybagel posted:

It’s good to be king.

the only thing i learned reading this is he's getting fired December 30, 2024 if his rear end isn't in the playoffs

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Hope it works out for Texas with that guaranteed money. As much as I hate them I can't deny cfb is better with a good Texas.

CFB is better with a hilariously disappointing Texas

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Apparently Antonio Gates Jr. made some comment that he could see himself going to Tennessee. Ok sure whatever but what really stood out to me is

Holy poo poo Antonio Gates has a son old enough to play in college :gonk:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Joey Freshwater posted:

Apparently Antonio Gates Jr. made some comment that he could see himself going to Tennessee. Ok sure whatever but what really stood out to me is

frank gore might play with his kid :shrug:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

no

Frank Gore WILL play with his kid.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Declan MacManus posted:

I was gonna say Gore is old as poo poo but somehow he’s younger than Gates (and one year younger than me)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Joey Freshwater posted:

I was gonna say Gore is old as poo poo but somehow he’s younger than Gates (and one year younger than me)

I said this in the basketball thread I think but even though I remember frank gore as a high school prospect he still feels like he should have grandchildren in college by now so "frank gore jr" being in college doesn't phase me in the slightest

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

It still freaks me out that Fred Taylor's son has already played through his career at UF and washed out in the NFL.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
College coaches and cops have the best setups. You're always getting paid and you never get in trouble. You also can get canned one place and just got hired somewhere else. Its perfect.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Defund the coaches

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

I dunno, Texas has had like one good season in the past decade and CFB has been pretty fun anyway

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I would laugh at Texas being more or less futile but I’m sure everyone feels the same way about UF and it just makes me sad.

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

LeeMajors posted:

I would laugh at Texas being more or less futile but I’m sure everyone feels the same way about UF and it just makes me sad.

Probably, but Texas spends more money for thier futility than UF or anyone else for that matter. So they're funnier.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Florida also shares a conference with more than one other team of comparable stature and resources

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

LeeMajors posted:

Hey now, Florida has reached the SEC CG three times in six years*, same as Georgia.

* big loving asterisk

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
https://mobile.twitter.com/DrewFranklinKSR/status/1364305677657796608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etwitterkit

Apparently there are 9 total schools that wouldn't be in the game right now, but it sounds like individual deals can be worked out. The other eight are Air Force, Army, Georgia State, Navy, New Mexico, Notre Dame, Troy and USC.

I would be surprised if Kentucky, Notre Dame, and USC are not in it upon release. The service academies and other smaller schools i have no idea though.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Huge news

Spoiler: this dog peaces out to Florida and turns out to be a piece of poo poo, and Reveille IX goes to North Carolina and experiences a late-career renaissance.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrewFranklinKSR/status/1364305677657796608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etwitterkit

Apparently there are 9 total schools that wouldn't be in the game right now, but it sounds like individual deals can be worked out. The other eight are Air Force, Army, Georgia State, Navy, New Mexico, Notre Dame, Troy and USC.

I would be surprised if Kentucky, Notre Dame, and USC are not in it upon release. The service academies and other smaller schools i have no idea though.

Totes ok with the Irish not making the cut.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

None of these opt outs matter at all at this point

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I'd be curious how the service academies handle player compensation. The closest thing I can think of is how DoD handles side gigs, which is basically frowned upon but not forbidden.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Notre Dame DLC gonna be pricey I bet.

Troy DLC you get in a Humble Bundle you bought for other games

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Notre Dame DLC gonna be pricey I bet.

Troy DLC you get in a Humble Bundle you bought for other games

As a South Alabama grad, I loving hope Troy gets left out of the game. They still use NCAA 13 as a taunt.

(EA forgot to put the recent-to-Div-1A Jags in the game)

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah, he is from Michigan.

I’m shocked Michigan hasn’t offered him yet.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Warbird posted:

Totes ok with the Irish not making the cut.

It’s a self imposed “ban” they’ve said they won’t be a part of it unless the players are paid for their likeness.

It makes me sick to my stomach thinking ND is doing a good thing

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

It’s a self imposed “ban” they’ve said they won’t be a part of it unless the players are paid for their likeness.

It makes me sick to my stomach thinking ND is doing a good thing

Wait the players aren't getting paid? I thought it was coming back because they'd figured out how to pay the players?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

This will probably help
https://twitter.com/SergioMarBel/status/1364291894822461442

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Wait the players aren't getting paid? I thought it was coming back because they'd figured out how to pay the players?

This is pending some rule/law changes that basically everyone is expecting to happen in the near future (before the game is released). That's why what schools are saying about their involvement right now doesn't really matter. It's very unlikely the game is released before player likenesses and compensation are worked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
The game is at least 2 years away. I'm 99.999 percent positive all team deals will be worked out and the NCAA will probably work out a blanket licensing deal.