Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sassy messy wario ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Look they will produce better results when they comb more SEO ad clickbait garbage that makes up 99% of the current web

kater
Nov 16, 2010

quote:

In 1976, Schlitz recalled more than 10 million cans and bottles of beer, costing the company over $1.4 million in losses. In 2020, that’s the equivalent of $6.3 million.

$8.8 million in 2024

lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

is handwriting analysis still considered a legit forensic anymore?

like 40 years ago it was legit science but how do they do it now with all the block printing?

I literally just draw dicks when I have to sign something and no one has said anything to me yet

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

your parents naming you Dicks explains a lot

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

okay i change my mind, AI is now good

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Broke: The internet makes you stupid.
Woke: You make the internet stupid.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

silicone thrills posted:

I love opening the news website to see something like this and get really mad about how loving shithole this country is.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/26/us/missouri-daken-kramer-school-lunch-debt/index.html

Hmm we should do this "fundraiser" more regularly, and perhaps get more contributors? Maybe we'll get the whole district involved, then its just a tiny fraction that each person has to pay to keep this going?

Nahh its easier just (get the children) to clean up messes as they happen

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

in six months we get to laff at apple for doing this in ios 18

Morbus
May 18, 2004

BULBASAUR posted:

all those 400k equity grants handed out 5 years ago

I mean, 40k would be 1.3M and that's still pretty loving wild

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Feral Integral posted:

Hmm we should do this "fundraiser" more regularly, and perhaps get more contributors? Maybe we'll get the whole district involved, then its just a tiny fraction that each person has to pay to keep this going?

Nahh its easier just (get the children) to clean up messes as they happen

wow good idea

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
RATE CUTS are back on the menu boys. awoooga

quote:

Wall Street economists expect ‘friendly’ U.S. inflation data this Friday

Will it be enough to put Federal Reserve interest rate cuts back on the table?

Expectations about the future path of Federal Reserve interest-rate policy has been on a roller coaster this year and the next potential swoon could come Friday with the release of the Fed’s preferred inflation measure of consumer inflation.

Going into the week, the Fed is seen in a holding pattern, based on the hawkish policy comments in the minutes of the May policy meeting published last Wednesday.

The minutes revealed the Fed was shaken by the high inflation reports seen in January, February and March. Some policymakers had even raised the possibility of rate hikes. In addition, a “number” of officials saw the risk that financial conditions are not sufficiently restrictive to slow demand and inflation.

And so rate cuts, if they happen at all in 2024, are seen by many as more of a possibility for late in the year, possibly December.

Krishna Guha, vice chairman of Evercore ISI, said hawks and doves at the Fed are going to watch closely over coming 3-4 months to see who wins “a horse race in the data.”

The dovish thesis is that the first quarter inflation spike was mostly backward looking and the economy and labor markets are moderating in which case the Fed might cut rates, Guha said. The hawkish thesis is that the economy is still too strong to bring inflation down, and see a more extended policy pause, he added.

There are Wall Street economists in both of these camps. Traders in derivative markets now expect only one rate cut this year. They have priced in a 50-50 chance of a rate cut in September, with greater odds of a the move coming in November.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Mandel Brotset posted:

in six months we get to laff at apple for doing this in ios 18

quote:

significant portion of Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) is expected to focus on AI features. Writing his latest "Power On" newsletter, Gurman explained that Apple's AI strategy emphasizes providing practical tools for ordinary users, with new features for core apps like Safari, Photos, and Notes. Apple will apparently use AI to deliver the following new features:

Photo retouching.
Voice memo transcription.
Suggested replies to emails and messages.
Auto-generated emojis based on the content of a user's messages, providing all-new emoji for any occasion beyond the existing catalog.
Improved Safari web search.
Faster and more reliable searches in Spotlight.
More natural interactions with Siri.
More advanced version of Siri designed for the Apple Watch, optimized for "on-the-go tasks."
Smart recaps of missed notifications and individual messages, web-pages, news articles, documents, notes, and more.
Developer tools for Xcode.

AI features that require less processing power will run entirely on-device, but more demanding tools will operate via the cloud.
lmao

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

putting suggested auto-generated replies on the google chrome kanban

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

an ad of stock photo people with cheery stock music

voiceover: the ai can talk to your mother for you on mother's day

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

comedyblissoption posted:

an ad of stock photo people with cheery stock music

voiceover: the ai can talk to your mother for you on mother's day

now i'm onboard the AI bubble train. capitalism is saved

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

lol if there's a cut immediately after Trump is elected

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

lol that the limp twitching towards Volckering the dead remains of the working class is breaking the capital it's supposed to be helping even faster

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

JAYYYYYYYYYYY

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

nomad2020 posted:

Lowtax self administered a shotgun right as LLM AI started to exist in it's nascent public form. Story checks out

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Complications posted:

lol that the limp twitching towards Volckering the dead remains of the working class is breaking the capital it's supposed to be helping even faster
it's actually interesting that there seems to be some dialectics and division within the bourgeois class that actually the stock market (aka real economy) is still permabull ATH just as fast as the ZIRP era: there's no need for rate cuts since capital is generating increasingly higher more ROI on capital invested through speculation (all without any underlying mode of production). infact, it may be more beneficial that rate cuts don't happen for them since they already have gobs of capital generating further capital

but then there's another class demanding rate cuts for ???

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
while it is not a new or different system, it's honestly sort of fascinating

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Xaris posted:

japan lol

lol absolute bitchmade cucked country

It is funny that in the 1980s. The yen was even weaker against the USD at ¥200+ per dollar. That was a problem for America.

Now ¥160 per dollar is a problem for Japan.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Xaris posted:

it's actually interesting that there seems to be some dialectics and division within the bourgeois class that actually the stock market (aka real economy) is still permabull ATH just as fast as the ZIRP era: there's no need for rate cuts since capital is generating increasingly higher more ROI on capital invested through speculation (all without any underlying mode of production). infact, it may be more beneficial that rate cuts don't happen for them since they already have gobs of capital generating further capital

Arguably, there may be a split between those who want capital to pile into tech and those who want another housing bubble, as the end of ZIRP seems to have a bigger negative effect on housing and companies are already piling capital into it. That said, both likely would bubble at the same time since all those assets being re-shored have to go somewhere.

It is why also there is a fairly bleak future for the actual economy because there is little reason to invest in manufacturing if you can triple your returns on tech or maybe double it with another housing bubble. It will be miserable for average people who don't have 401ks but they will put up with anything.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Ardennes posted:

Arguably, there may be a split between those who want capital to pile into tech and those who want another housing bubble, as the end of ZIRP seems to have a bigger negative effect on housing and companies are already piling capital into it. That said, both likely would bubble at the same time since all those assets being re-shored have to go somewhere.

It is why also there is a fairly bleak future for the actual economy because there is little reason to invest in manufacturing if you can triple your returns on tech or maybe double it with another housing bubble. It will be miserable for average people who don't have 401ks but they will put up with anything.
yeah I guess that's true. If you are trying to build and grow a massive portfolio of landlord holdings (airbnbs, lt rentals), ZIRP is definitely better and you can continuously leverage rise in asset price for further money easier, along with being able to extract more money from rents. though I think this is on the lower rung of the bourgeois ladder

I think you can already see the effects today that there's very little reason to do any capex if you can have higher returns on the holding of capital than the expected growth of spending it. federal government is basically printing hundreds of billions of $$$ and giving it as bailouts to corporations begging them to do capex, and then they just pocket it on buybacks anyways lol

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Xaris posted:

yeah I guess that's true. If you are trying to build and grow a massive portfolio of landlord holdings (airbnbs, lt rentals), ZIRP is definitely better and you can continuously leverage rise in asset price for further money easier, along with being able to extract more money from rents. though I think this is on the lower rung of the bourgeois ladder

I think you can already see the effects today that there's very little reason to do any capex if you can have higher returns on the holding of capital than the expected growth of spending it. federal government is basically printing hundreds of billions of $$$ and giving it as bailouts to corporations begging them to do capex, and then they just pocket it on buybacks anyways lol

I mean it is the only logical thing to do if everyone else is doing it. Likewise, with the pressure being placed on the USD and China liquidating its holdings, the US government really doesn't want the international capital flight that comes with a crash or a bond crisis so there is plenty of restraint on upping rates and on any further regulation. Of course, you naturally get a continually more top-heavy placement of capital into speculative markets and there isn't any off ramp.

Also, it isn't only small-timers in residential real estate and there is plenty of consolidation that is going on. It is just that higher energy prices/inflation is being disruptive and the only choice is tech (also yeah the US government is just directly dumping money into it too because of cryptography).

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Xaris posted:

I wouldn't say class, it all depends how leveraged you are. I bet you could neatly divide by people who inherited and people who borrow (maybe on top even).

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Hubbert posted:

okay i change my mind, AI is now good

It really seems like we're a few months away from the internet collapsing due to a tidal wave of bad AI data. it rules lmao

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://x.com/MrBeast/status/1794892274859696430
lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Xaris posted:

yep

unrelated, but are there people who are like more susceptible to food poisoning than other people, and why? I have never gotten food poisoning in my entire life and I have eaten plenty of garbage as far as the eye can see, and dingy food leftover on the counter overnight, and all kinds of random food carts or hole in the walls or whatever. my partner will get food poisoning multiple times a year and i'll just be completely fine

I don't know about that but acclimating yourself to another country's water and food standards is absolutely a thing that happens. Couple of weeks of the shits/vomits then you're fine

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
https://wtop.com/loudoun-county/2024/05/after-whites-only-job-posting-va-tech-company-hit-with-fine-from-the-justice-department/

I really want to email them and ask if their Whites Only policy includes or excludes Irish and Italians. Just to narrow down what era of American Racism they were harkening back to

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

mycomancy posted:

https://wtop.com/loudoun-county/2024/05/after-whites-only-job-posting-va-tech-company-hit-with-fine-from-the-justice-department/

I really want to email them and ask if their Whites Only policy includes or excludes Irish and Italians. Just to narrow down what era of American Racism they were harkening back to

Thank you for asking about our DEI initiatives!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Real Mean Queen posted:

Thank you for asking about our DEI initiatives!

hell yeah we only have DEI hires

Dutch
English
Italians

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

nomad2020 posted:

It’s an ouroboros but a human centipede but with a non-human patch in the middle that takes shits that degrade the quality of all future shits

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

mycomancy posted:

Looks like this originally happened in April 2023, now I see all their sites either 404 or go to a wordpress install placeholder. They either closed doors or more likely were bought out.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

so car washes are the new real estate squatter business right? we must have had 20 pop up in our area in the past three years. maybe more. they’re loving everywhere.

mattress stores and free-standing industrial ice dispensers just weren’t cool enough anymore.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shageletic posted:

I don't know about that but acclimating yourself to another country's water and food standards is absolutely a thing that happens. Couple of weeks of the shits/vomits then you're fine

Not in India I wasn’t.

I was there for the better part of a year and atleast once every few week I was knocked out for 2-3 days.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

I purchased and 100%'d Huniecam so quickly that I still get friends shaming me over it. And I deserve to be shamed. But I did not praise the game. I called it fucked up. That's how fucked up it is: it's up there with Princess Maker as far as poster body counts.
Soiled Meat

nomad2020 posted:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

gradenko_2000 posted:

hell yeah we only have DEI hires

Dutch
English
Italians

The Axis of Stupidity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

FizFashizzle posted:

Not in India I wasn’t.

I was there for the better part of a year and atleast once every few week I was knocked out for 2-3 days.

Not tolerant to corpses floating in rivers?