Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm not going to try the final fight again so long as there's a chance I don't even reach the final boss because the pre-final boss kills me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Excessive violence can work, if they actually create a driving force for it. There's no remorse for anyone you gut through Mafia III or Max Payne 3.

SOMA gives you a choice, and I took it every time due to my own morals.

But then you have something like The Pre-Sequel or GTAV that is just, you just torched a bus full of nuns, good job!

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Kilometers Davis posted:

What are you all playing this week? I’m still in my vidya game limbo but am exxxtremely hyped for MK11 next week so I’ll be playing that a bunch. Sometimes having a “side game” like MK that I can jump into for 15 minutes whenever puts me in a mood to get into a longer more involved game. Weird how that works but I’m sure I’m not alone.

Elite: Dangerous is taking up most of my free time these days, and will continue to do so until mid-May, when Distant Worlds 2 comes to a conclusion. At that point I'll probably go through and finish Hollow Knight, Yakuza 0, and RDR2. So much to do!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

haveblue posted:

I'm not going to try the final fight again so long as there's a chance I don't even reach the final boss because the pre-final boss kills me.

What's the pre-final 🤔?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey so uh Cerny can y'all gimme some of that 60 FPS Bloodborne on the PS5? I promise I'll at least consider buying a Knack game if you do.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Id settle for bloodborne 2

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I will never beat the final boss in Sekiro :negative:

I feel so bad. I just wanna go to NG+

Which ending?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sword saint , I have the other tears from the divine idol to mix in as well

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sword saint , I have the other tears from the divine idol to mix in as well

Yeah im bowing out on an easier ending than that.
Thanks for the fun sekiro but im not feeling it enough to go on all the rides.

Edit: wait do you mean the normal ending? I thought you meant a fancy one. My bad

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 16, 2019

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

What's the pre-final 🤔?

Genichiro Way of Tomoe

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You can finish Genichiro with Double Ichimonji so quickly. That was the key for me.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

To me the pinnacle of “Needlessly Mean, Edgelord Violence” was Journey to the West or whatever, when there’s an innocent guy dangling from a cliff and Monkey just kicks him off for no reason. Never have I been so immediately alienated from a character, gently caress that game.

I thought that was the initial pitch and then they didn't do that. I just remember him trying to get off the crashing ship and then not helping someone who fell through the floor or something.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Housh posted:

Days Gone is an allegory for the hordes of Californians fleeing to Oregon for cheaper rent. You play a war vet with PTSD fending off the "zombies."

As an oregonian, can confirm

Tei posted:

Yea, is about time. Ignoring such a important part of videogames is atrocious. Probably because is one thing you can't show in screenshots.
Finally maybe somebody is doing something about it.

---

I am quoting this, because is important enough:

Yay! :D

PHYSICAL FOREVER

MZ posted:

Holy poo poo! This article out of nowhere seemingly appears to confirm a hell of a lot:

- 3rd-gen Ryzen CPU (these aren't even available yet, for reference I recently built a PC with a 2nd-gen Ryzen and it's blazing fast!).
- SSD which Cerny says is faster than what you can currently get in PCs :psyduck: (only worry here is that it may not be user-replaceable so I would hope it's at least 1TB???)
- Optical drive (presumably this will be 4K Blu-Ray but I'm guessing here)
- :siren:Backwards Compatibility:siren: with the PS4.
- Hardware audio chip.
- Probably a 2020 launch.

If this is all true sign me up right now.

They had me at Physical/Backwards Compatible. Day 1.

Five Hundred And Ninety Nine Dollars

exquisite tea posted:

I'm glad that $$$ony is including backwards compatibility on their new system, even though they had a financial incentive to just keep re-releasing remasters forever (there will probably still be endless remasters). I will buy a PS5, aka the Horizon Zero Dawn 2 machine.

this but also The Last of Us: Pt 2: Remastered, which will absolutely be a thing

Whalley posted:

I'm excited by all of this stuff - to the point that for once, I might actually buy the console before its first year on the market is up, depending on how they plan to actually handle backwards compatibility. If it's a straight upgrade, no need to keep the PS4 around. If it's a "well it MOSTLY works, if you use downloaded games, see we're technically not lying because we never said there wasn't a clause to the phrase" situation then gently caress it, imma hold onto my PS4 for several more years.

just lol if you didn't buy goat console PS4 at launch so you could play nothing but resogun

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m excited to wait a year and by a PS5 Pro after the first wave of console exclusives come out.

i am also excited to watch you bitch and moan itt sans-console for a year

Samurai Sanders posted:

I wonder if 2020 I'll be playing Bloodborne on the PlayStation 5, it having never been patched to support the PS4 Pro.

you will play backwards compatible Bloodborne on PS5 at 15fps with judder and 4 minute load times and loving LIKE IT and say thank you

Rinkles posted:

awesome, but why the hell would sony reveal this themselves/now? usually it's all leaks and speculation before the actual announcement.

Either they are lying about not being at E3 and are going to blow the doors off, or they are going to have a Sony Direct day and date with the show in response to whatever microsoft does because they are total assholes and know how to play PR hardball

Augus posted:

I guarantee that a good chunk of AAA games will have it as a mandatory feature and developers will bring out the “24fps is cinematic” argument again

:bisonyes:

John F Bennett posted:

Are we even sure they're going to name it Playstation 5?

This was planned out years ago :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyPQVsdCuRk

Samuringa posted:

PlayStation V

In two versions

PlayStation V and the VR-ready PlayStation V.r

acksplode posted:

MS is trying to evaporate their console into ephemeral cloud particles and put it behind an online service. Xbox is gonna go full digital and if it fails then MS will shoot Xbox in the head and carry on.

The Power Of The Cloud

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Did you watch the Last of Us II gameplay footage.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Naughty Dog had the artists watch like rotten.com videos and poo poo for reference material which is Extremely Normal

Don't be a dork

Kilometers Davis posted:

What are you all playing this week?

Gonna put the finishing touches on my Sekiro plat, but it's basically back to R6 Siege until 2LOU comes out.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Either they are lying about not being at E3 and are going to blow the doors off, or they are going to have a Sony Direct day and date with the show in response to whatever microsoft does because they are total assholes and know how to play PR hardball

They'll do a reveal in 2020; it's way too early for some kind of big show. And E3 is meaningless.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Lambert posted:

And E3 is meaningless.

You say this, but it's far from the truth

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
E3 is tiny, big publishers aren't at the show anymore (and haven't been for years). It's very much irrelevant.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 16, 2019

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Lambert posted:

E3 is tiny, the big publishers aren't at the show anymore (and haven't been for years). It's very much irrelevant.

As with all tools it depends on how you use it

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Lambert posted:

E3 is tiny, the big publishers aren't at the show anymore (and haven't been for years). It's very much irrelevant.

That’s not true though. It’s still a huge event, it has just shifted towards social media and various game journalism outlets.

e: idk why I didn’t just say game sites but okay

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Kilometers Davis posted:

That’s not true though. It’s still a huge event, it has just shifted towards social media and various game journalism outlets.

e: idk why I didn’t just say game sites but okay

It's very much true. Just look at a map of the show floor, it's tiny. Social media and game journalism outlets don't need a trade show to spread the message.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Small indie publishers like EA, Ubi, and Microsoft keeping E3 alive

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Confirmed backwards compatibility makes PS5 something I will actually pre order without thinking twice vs something I will agonize over buying at launch or not. Also glad the dumb arguments can finally end. Also, supporting the current VR headset is a smart move and makes me very happy. All of this stuff is exactly what I wanted to hear for the next gen of Playstation.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
It’s almost like Mark Cerny is a cool dude who cares.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's one of those things where the shittiness creeps on you. It'll feel fine at first, but over time it just bogs you down in a boring plot and mostly-uninteresting characters right before the shine comes off of everything else.

Exactly this. I was fine with it until I realized I was running around an entirely new galaxy so that the crew could have a loving movie night. And no, I'm not spoilering that, anyone wanting to play ME:A in 2019 should know exactly what they're getting into.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So Microsoft after this PS5 story revealed the digital-only X-Box One S, but it's only $50 cheaper than the regular one, which is kind of pointless. MS continues to fall behind in every way.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That sounds...fine? I honestly don't get what the hubub about the digital Xbox is. You save a few bux if you don't want to bother with a disc drive. There's still multiple versions of it with a disc drive if you want discs. Everyone is acting like MS hosed up but it sounds like a totally normal late gen thing for a console maker to do. It's not like they are trying to reinvent the wheel here it's just an extra option.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Since my PS3 is dying a slow death and certain apps don't even work for it anymore (HBO :argh: ) I could totally see myself buying a cheapo XBone in the future to play the handful of backwards compatible 360 games that never got a current-gen remaster.

RDR1, the Mass Effect trilogy, etc.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

FlamingLiberal posted:

So Microsoft after this PS5 story revealed the digital-only X-Box One S, but it's only $50 cheaper than the regular one, which is kind of pointless. MS continues to fall behind in every way.

I wouldn't necessarily call that falling behind. They just won't sell as much until they lower the price. MS have been making some really great decisions the last 2 years.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I picked up a Wii U for cheap at the end of its lifespan and that ended up being a good decision, I might do the same with Xbone. There aren't any exclusives I care about but the 360 BC is tempting.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rad Valtar posted:

It’s almost like Mark Cerny is a cool dude who cares.

Mark is my creepy homeboy

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I mostly just keep mine around cause I had a kickass 360 digital library and it feels good to be able to access it on a more modern system and on the off chance I want to play a current gen game on the bone or play Halo or something I can. Tbh I havent plugged my Xbone in for close to a year but i like just having it around in case. Seems better than the $60 or whatever I'd get for it at Gamestop.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Healbot posted:

You still need patches to adress the new hardware.

Alien: Isolation didn’t get a patch for the Pro, but boost mode still has it running 1080p 60fps when the game originally ran 900p 30fps, and it’s not the only game the does similar, so you are incorrect in your assertion.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BisterdDave posted:

I wouldn't necessarily call that falling behind. They just won't sell as much until they lower the price. MS have been making some really great decisions the last 2 years.

theyve been doing great if you didnt own a 360, love having 3 service subs for one box, and dont care about non-forza software that comes close to utilizing the hardware power you are paying for in a meaningful way

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

IMO $50 savings is not a good enough reason to go digital only for an Xbox

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think most of the target market would see digital only as a positive, so saving $50 would just be icing on the cake. If anything I'm kind of surprised it's actually cheaper at all.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
It's not cheaper right now, they have the two side by side on their store for the exact same price.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

It’s not cheaper. Xbox one s is regularly $250 with a game. This is $250 without the drive and no game. I’m planning on grabbing a regular s this Black Friday actually, because I want a halo machine and 360 support. Love my pro for most games though 🙂

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LionArcher posted:

It’s not cheaper. Xbox one s is regularly $250 with a game. This is $250 without the drive and no game. I’m planning on grabbing a regular s this Black Friday actually, because I want a halo machine and 360 support. Love my pro for most games though 🙂

Tbf i think you get minecraft, sea of theives, and forza horizon 3 which are like ok, worthless, and obsolete respectively

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

veni veni veni posted:

I think most of the target market would see digital only as a positive, so saving $50 would just be icing on the cake. If anything I'm kind of surprised it's actually cheaper at all.

It'd be kinda funny if Gamestop offers any trade-in deals such as "trade in your Xbox S and get the all-digital console for x amount".

acksplode
May 17, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

It'd be kinda funny if Gamestop offers any trade-in deals such as "trade in your Xbox S and get the all-digital console for x amount".

I'd be surprised if Gamestop stocked any console without a disc drive. It's a direct threat to their business

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Eh I traded in some controllers to buy eshop credit when I could have bought the physical game, I think they’re just happy to sell something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They sold PSP Go if that counts for anything. I'm sure they sold about 5 of that thing though.

They'll stock it. They probably won't like it but they will stock it or people will just go to the Target next door and buy one.