Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
One version of the last mission of Arma 3. You have two choices in the mission prior- disobey your NATO commander and hook back up with the sketchy British commandos you were working with before the cavalry re-invaded Altis and showed up to rescue you, and help them capture an enemy prototype weapon, or follow orders and proceed with an attack to wipe out some enemies. That's all fine and dandy, I like choice. However, if you pick the first option, you get a big sandbox mission at the end where you need to escape the Altis. It's a great final mission, lots of side objectives to do, you basically have the run of the island and can gently caress around doing hit and runs on the enemy or just try and get the hell out of dodge. My gripe is that, unlike all the other missions, you can't save. At all. :argh: I did all the side objectives, had a great crew of dudes with me I'd linked up with, some awesome gear I'd stolen off a guy I shot, we'd stolen an APC and were literally 50 meters from the escape point... and then out of nowhere an RPG soldier nails our vehicle. When I bail out, ANOTHER RPG soldier nails the burning wreck again and kills me and the other guys who were bailing out instantly. It'd taken me an hour and a half to get there. gently caress you, Bohemia, let me save. I don't care if getting killed before you escape is a "valid ending", I want to screw around in a big war sandbox after following your missions.

Also, the enemy superweapon, an earthquake generator, never really felt threatening. Oh boy the screen shakes a little every few missions, how intimidating.

Nuclear Pogostick has a new favorite as of 12:42 on Apr 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

death .cab for qt posted:

The driving controls are probably some of the best in an open world game, period. You can ram cars using a button, which not only lets you do better in vehicle-damage missions where you take down enemies, but also makes maneuvering great if you need to adjust left or right slightly while moving straight.

I love Sleeping Dogs, but this always annoys me in games, I love proper chases like the Vigilante missions in GTA3 where I have to build speed and use my car's momentum, watching out for the horrible moment when you're closing in at 100mph and oh poo poo he turned off. Pressing X to magically have your car hit like a tank is boring and dragged down Driver: San Francisco for me too.

I actually really like the GTA4 driving (use the brake pedal; slow in, fast out, people) even though having followed the PS2 games, I can see why people hate it, but gently caress that they have car chases where you can pour clips and clips of ammo into a car, bursting all four tyres but your target will still get away until a predetermined point where there's a cutscene. Why? Why on earth would you do that? It's not a game at that point, really and being weird and liking the driving, GTA4 should have been 'car chase simulator' for me.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
The problem with GTA IV's driving is that something is off with the car physics. A lot of the cars handle as if they are far heavier than they should be. They basically handle like boats.

Most of the sport/compacts are fine. It's the sedans and such that just don't handle right.

EDIT: \/ Yes that's definitely an issue. NPC cars don't follow the same rules in missions. Pretty sure V has the same problem.

Mokinokaro has a new favorite as of 00:43 on Apr 16, 2014

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Chthon posted:

To me, being able to make 180-degree turns on a dime gets kinda boring after a while and for that reason, disregarding the quality of other aspects of the game, no open-world game really comes close to GTAIV's driving for me. I also don't find the driving in GTAIV particularly challenging at all, as long as you approach it with a little respect, more like real-life driving and not trying to do 90-degree turns at 200+kph like it's Vice City or some poo poo (don't get me wrong I really love Vice City) it's really not that bad.

I'm not really against this style of driving in general, but I do get frustrated whenever the game is still throwing chase missions at you where the target is moving on pre-4 physics and you have to take turns like you're not in a video game and are still expected to keep up.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

You know what the best part of Donkey Kong Country Returns was? No water levels.

You know what the worst part of Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is? They put water levels back in.

Has anyone ever actually liked this poo poo? I'm on the fourth level of the water zone and I'm about ready to quit.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

The Moon Monster posted:

You know what the best part of Donkey Kong Country Returns was? No water levels.

You know what the worst part of Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is? They put water levels back in.

Has anyone ever actually liked this poo poo? I'm on the fourth level of the water zone and I'm about ready to quit.

Weren't the DKC water levels actually pretty good? With, at the very least, the best music?

Xythe
Aug 4, 2010

Stop getting mad at video games. No stop insulting his mother what is wrong with you.
They're better than most games water levels, but DKC had pretty solid controls and being in the water just threw all that right out the window. It basically turned DKC into a slow bullet hell and you are Flappy Bird. In a game that also had you screeching down mine shafts, it was a bit of a juxtaposition. Actually, in spirit of the thread, I guess my least liked thing about the original DKC games was similar levels were always near each other. It created some nice cohesion between levels sometimes, but usually all it did was make you wish there was an onland level between these three consecutive water levels. Honestly, I'd have loved like ten more roller coaster levels they were awesome.

Also, that depends. In 1 the water levels were probably the best music in that game, but in 2 (which admittedly I put at least a dozen times more hours into than 1) the bramble levels had the best music :colbert:

or maybe the swamp levels. Or maybe the mineshaft levels. This soundtrack needs to stop being so amazing.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Yeah, the DKC games definitely go down as one of the best soundtracks ever. If there's one thing the SNES consistantly hit it out of the park with, it was the soundtracks. DKC, Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, good lord.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
In games like Megaman, Metroid, or Rocket Knight Adventures where you find yourself often charging your weapon, the noise often gets really grating. Metroid Fusion's weapons got the worst with their high-pitched, ear-stabbing shrieking, and then they figured it out for Zero Mission and made the sound subdued.

While raiding in MMOs, it's just utter cacophony for their 10-minute boss fights.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Thanks for the help with the Armstrong fight, guys, it really made a difference. The checkpointing in that part can really screw your final score, especially in the second part. When I got my score and wanted to redo it the checkpoint went to the QTE which made the score even worse.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've been replaying Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie recently because the 3D platforming genre has pretty much died off and that makes me sad. I love BK, it's near perfection in my mind. I love BT, but the backtracking really puts me off sometimes. It just feels like Rare was trying to pad out the game a bit. I don't really care for most of the minigames either. FPS mode is still fun though.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Red Suit posted:

I've been replaying Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie recently because the 3D platforming genre has pretty much died off and that makes me sad. I love BK, it's near perfection in my mind. I love BT, but the backtracking really puts me off sometimes. It just feels like Rare was trying to pad out the game a bit. I don't really care for most of the minigames either. FPS mode is still fun though.

gently caress the level where you have to destroy those stupid things in the time limit. The one's that are all hidden in the super loving confusing maze? Pisses me off.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

scarycave posted:

Even more so that there isn't any patches for farts in general.
There's no point in farting when you can just KO entire screens with Moses.

I know that this is a 'dragging down' thread, but I love that this quote can be said in earnest. It's the best quote about video games.

Anyway, my thing dragging down Rune Factory 4, which is something I've noticed in pretty much every single handheld Rune Factory/Harvest Moon title, is the bad UI. The UI is always bad in these games. It's sloppy, unplanned, and seems like it was put in as an afterthought. Item stats are just all jumbled together in a text box, there's no way to quickly switch equipment (the D-pad would've been perfect, as it's only used for moving, which the analog stick can do), the shipping screen is confusing...it just goes on. It's bad that this game still has the best UI of the series, too, because that says a whole lot about the rest.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I must be the only person who found the Banjo games to be pretty awful, they where just so overly bloated with crap, its like nobody ever told Rare to stop.

Oddly enough, I enjoyed Nuts and Bolts as I could approach anything how I felt and could really get creative with the vehicles.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Banjo was within reasonable levels of collectible junk, Donkey Kong 64 is what pretty much killed that idea completely off.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
With regards to Banjo Tooie, I'm not sure if it's something dragging the game down, or more amazing in its own right, but the Grunty Industries level has to be mentioned as some kind of record in almost bafflingly complex level design. I almost want to see how they planned it out on paper, I can't imagine how they actually created it all. Almost every room has multiple entrances and exits. Not like you have to 100% the level to beat the game, but still, Jesus.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Sardonik posted:

With regards to Banjo Tooie, I'm not sure if it's something dragging the game down, or more amazing in its own right, but the Grunty Industries level has to be mentioned as some kind of record in almost bafflingly complex level design. I almost want to see how they planned it out on paper, I can't imagine how they actually created it all. Almost every room has multiple entrances and exits. Not like you have to 100% the level to beat the game, but still, Jesus.

Not to mention the fact that the majority of the level takes place inside of a building that, in itself, takes a ton of scrounging around in floor-is-lava style platforming in order to even enter. Hope you didn't miss any upgrades in the previous level!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Aw man, Grunty Industries. The world was a 5-story skyscraper on a small island in the middle of a toxic lake. If I recall correctly, the building was locked from the inside. In order to enter the building and do the overwhelming majority of the stuff there, you had to gain control of a train from the second world. You did this by finding Mumbo Jumbo's hut, taking control of him by giving him a collectable item (an easy to find one next to his hut), bringing him to the derailed train and casting a spell on it to put it on the tracks. Then you go back with Banjo and Kazooie and fight a boss living in the boiler. This is usually done on the first trip to that new world, so no big deal.
Then you find a switch outside of the Grunty Industries building to open that world's train station. Then, you went to any unlocked train station and rode it to the Grunty Industries one, which drops you off inside the building. From there you get to finally explore the building and unlock the door.

And then there were several ways to go between floors, and each was only usable under certain circumstances.
-With Banjo and Kazooie, you could can climb, fly, high jump, double jump, and use warp pads to travel to any area you've been to.
-However to do certain challenges, you had Humba Wumba transform you into a washing machine. In this form, you could only jump once and not climb or anything. I think you were disallowed from using warp pads too. However, you could now use service elevators that Banjo and Kazooie could not use.
-Some puzzles and locked doors involved finding a battery and putting it in a socket. You didn't just use these like regular items, though. You had to find pads that would allow Banjo and Kazooie to separate, and then use Banjo to find the battery and put it in his backpack, then lug it to the socket. If you're used to flying or high jumping to get between floors, you have to find another way. You'll have to come back with other characters to get what these unlock.
-Mumbo Jumbo's ability for this world is EMP, which temporarily disables some machines. After which you have to rush back to his skull, grab Banjo and Kazooie, and then go get what you need.
One puzzle requires you to grab Mumbo, disable an electromagnet, go back to the hut and grab Banjo and Kazooie, head to Humba Wumba's hut, become a washing machine, and head to the area with the electromagnet you disabled to press a heavy switch said magnet was preventing you from reaching. On a time limit.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Sardonik posted:

It's actually the (or at least one of) the biggest levels in the game, and its pretty much this games version of Rusty Bucket bay (though much bigger). I would honestly believe that all they completely ran out of time designing this area that they couldn't do much for Cloud Cuckoo land - which is probably my least favorite level because it really has this sort of empty feeling. Especially when compared to the previous worlds. Also Canary Mary.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Alteisen posted:

I must be the only person who found the Banjo games to be pretty awful, they where just so overly bloated with crap, its like nobody ever told Rare to stop.

Oddly enough, I enjoyed Nuts and Bolts as I could approach anything how I felt and could really get creative with the vehicles.

Nuts & Bolts was spectacular for two reasons:

1) It was a really great game.

2) It inspired this lovely meltdown by neckbearded Youtube celebrity JonTron who could absolutely not accept a Banjo game that didn't fall in line with the rest.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Alteisen posted:

Frankly what I liked most about Banjo & Kazooie as a kid was just the general exploration bits, they pretty much just drop you in there without a single clue on where to start looking and it felt a bit more...open ended(?) compared to other games where you would just go from point A to point B.

It was like Mario 64 on steroids.

It does become a bit much if your trying to go for a 100% thing though.

Nuts & Bolts wasn't a bad game either, I would have preferred another one closer to the original games, but it was still good - and the soundtrack is pretty great too.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Novum posted:

Banjo was within reasonable levels of collectible junk, Donkey Kong 64 is what pretty much killed that idea completely off.

DK64 was almost halfway reasonable to finish, if not 100 percent, if it wasn't for the goddamn coin you had to get by beating the original DK. Twice. Once on one life. gently caress that forever.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Christmas posted:

Aw man, Grunty Industries. The world was a 5-story skyscraper on a small island in the middle of a toxic lake. If I recall correctly, the building was locked from the inside. In order to enter the building and do the overwhelming majority of the stuff there, you had to gain control of a train from the second world. You did this by finding Mumbo Jumbo's hut, taking control of him by giving him a collectable item (an easy to find one next to his hut), bringing him to the derailed train and casting a spell on it to put it on the tracks. Then you go back with Banjo and Kazooie and fight a boss living in the boiler. This is usually done on the first trip to that new world, so no big deal.
Then you find a switch outside of the Grunty Industries building to open that world's train station. Then, you went to any unlocked train station and rode it to the Grunty Industries one, which drops you off inside the building. From there you get to finally explore the building and unlock the door.

And then there were several ways to go between floors, and each was only usable under certain circumstances.
-With Banjo and Kazooie, you could can climb, fly, high jump, double jump, and use warp pads to travel to any area you've been to.
-However to do certain challenges, you had Humba Wumba transform you into a washing machine. In this form, you could only jump once and not climb or anything. I think you were disallowed from using warp pads too. However, you could now use service elevators that Banjo and Kazooie could not use.
-Some puzzles and locked doors involved finding a battery and putting it in a socket. You didn't just use these like regular items, though. You had to find pads that would allow Banjo and Kazooie to separate, and then use Banjo to find the battery and put it in his backpack, then lug it to the socket. If you're used to flying or high jumping to get between floors, you have to find another way. You'll have to come back with other characters to get what these unlock.
-Mumbo Jumbo's ability for this world is EMP, which temporarily disables some machines. After which you have to rush back to his skull, grab Banjo and Kazooie, and then go get what you need.
One puzzle requires you to grab Mumbo, disable an electromagnet, go back to the hut and grab Banjo and Kazooie, head to Humba Wumba's hut, become a washing machine, and head to the area with the electromagnet you disabled to press a heavy switch said magnet was preventing you from reaching. On a time limit.

I feel like a problem with this era of games was that they still hadn't quite broken out of the mold that Mario 64 made where you had the game divided into a bunch of levels and every level had a set number of shiny objects to collect that was identical to every other level; when every stage has 10 jiggies then a level like Grunty Industries feels frustrating and unfair because you're doing exponentially more work for the same reward.

Between that and the way that the levels cross over into each other at points it feels like Banjo-Tooie was just on the verge of the philosophy that the next gen's games would take on with free-roaming, open areas.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

DK64 was almost halfway reasonable to finish, if not 100 percent, if it wasn't for the goddamn coin you had to get by beating the original DK. Twice. Once on one life. gently caress that forever.

I 100%'d DK64 and emerged from the experience as something at once more and less than human.

DON

DON

DON. KEY. KONG.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Austrian mook posted:

gently caress the level where you have to destroy those stupid things in the time limit. The one's that are all hidden in the super loving confusing maze? Pisses me off.

Those stages were all literally just multiplayer maps from Goldeneye (I think that one's either Stack or Complex). Once you realize that, it gets a bit easier.

My only things dragging down the Banjo-Kazooie series in my mind (I did't even mind the open world nature of Tooie, it seemed to know what it was doing even if it didn't get it completely right) are:

1. Canary Mary. Button mashing is, literally, painfully bad game design, and the strategy with her was so counter-intuitive that I could never actually solve it.

2. I can't play Nuts & Bolts. An Xbox 360 would be a colossal waste of money for me, because that is literally the only game that I want to play on it... but I want to play Nuts & Bolts so bad.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 03:55 on Apr 17, 2014

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Donkey Kong Country 64's characters rarely involved any kind of trying to use each character's abilities. You just kind of used characters to flip the switch with their face on it or collect the items color-coded to them. Each world tended to be divided in to a few very large outdoor "rooms" separated by short tunnels with gates that you opened with a specific character's weapon. That often lead to you going to a door, opening it with one character, backtracking to get the bananas in the tunnel that only another character could get, and then getting a third character to get what is on the other end of the tunnel.

The wacky montage you get for getting 201 golden bananas in DK 64 was worth it to my middle school-aged self at least, but Banjo Tooie's reward for every Jiggy was just a lame parade of all the non-talking enemy characters standing still.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Cleretic posted:

2. I can't play Nuts & Bolts. An Xbox 360 would b a colossal waste of money for me, because that is literally the only game that I want to play on it... but I want to play Nuts & Bolts so bad.

Sorry to be a buzzkill but Nuts & Bolts' vehicle controls are loving terrible. And I don't just mean they handle terribly either, because every so often they suddenly change how they work without warning (and for no reason other than seemingly to gently caress with you) and then you're back to square one as far as trying to get used to the controls is concerned.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Cleretic posted:

Those stages were all literally just multiplayer maps from Goldeneye (I think that one's either Stack or Complex). Once you realize that, it gets a bit easier.

My only things dragging down the Banjo-Kazooie series in my mind (I did't even mind the open world nature of Tooie, it seemed to know what it was doing even if it didn't get it completely right) are:

1. Canary Mary. Button mashing is, literally, painfully bad game design, and the strategy with her was so counter-intuitive that I could never actually solve it.

2. I can't play Nuts & Bolts. An Xbox 360 would be a colossal waste of money for me, because that is literally the only game that I want to play on it... but I want to play Nuts & Bolts so bad.

Play Cargo. RPS described it as "Nuts & Bolts with half its code missing."

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I remember someone telling me the secret to Canary Mary is to not go as fast as you can, because her rubberband AI is insane, so you have to stay even with her until the very end in which you go all out.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Oh my God, gently caress that part. I remember spending an entire afternoon on that part when I was like 14 and finally beating the original DK...then the game said "now do it again, but it's going to be harder". I turned it off and never went back.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Dr Christmas posted:

Grunty Industries
The other thing about that level was God it was taxing on the N64. Banjo-Tooie as a whole really pushed the N64 to its limits, and it showed in a perpetually low framerate, but if you took off from the flight pad on the roof of Gunry Industries, flew to the level's ceiling and looked down on the map, the N64 would have a fit and you'd end up with single digit framerates.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This isn't one specific game I'm talking about but...

Why in the ever living gently caress is a Mercenary playlist not standard in every single shooter, or gently caress any competitive game.

My friends have lives and our schedules don't always allow us to play together, sometimes I just wanna do a few matches by myself, but more often than not its a stomp for us, because the other team is clearly organized and together, at least in a mercs list it just boils down to individual skill and the matches are at least more relaxing for a solo player.

Christ, Gears 3 had a mercs list as a temporary thing, how in the hell was that not made standard I will never know, now Titanfall has broken rear end match-making that more often than not will pair you with insanely high level groups/clans, problem easily fixed by a no party allowed playlist.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
To further add to the adventure game pile, I've been playing Croc: Legend of the Gobbos again in a fit of nostalgic fury.

I can't remember why I ever played this game.

The controls are total rear end, the graphics are actively working against you (the snow levels are physically painful to look at), the enemies respawn for some unknown reason, and the collectables are obtuse and difficult to find. I remember really enjoying this game as a child, but I don't think I'll be able to finish it.

The music is pretty good I guess.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Doctor Bishop posted:

Sorry to be a buzzkill but Nuts & Bolts' vehicle controls are loving terrible. And I don't just mean they handle terribly either, because every so often they suddenly change how they work without warning (and for no reason other than seemingly to gently caress with you) and then you're back to square one as far as trying to get used to the controls is concerned.

iirc the vehicle controls aren't random but actually change depending on how you've built the vehicle. You can select the engines and choose how the steering works, and do dumb poo poo like having every single wheel turn when you try to steer, or have rear wheel steering. You can choose if propellers push you forward or backward too, and if you put the wings on backwards, your vehicle will try to fly backwards as soon as it becomes airborne. It's a fun game to mess around in.

I don't like how you get so many out-of-combat abilities in The Stick of Truth, it becomes a pain to cycle through them all to find the right ones, especially in some of the bits at the end of the game where you only have a limited amount of time to do some environmental kills and cut down how many enemies you'll have to fight. The speed you had to hammer keys for the [press X as fast as you can] parts was also annoyingly hard, but that might just be because I was playing it on a keyboard instead of a controller.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
Need For Speed: Most Wanted. All the car and mission descriptions are breathless ads for cars nobody can afford. Most of the songs are total crap. And there are too many missions where you need to drive a nice car and not crash.

I just want another Burnout: Takedown.

Cool Web Paige
Nov 19, 2006

Count Chocula posted:

Need For Speed: Most Wanted. All the car and mission descriptions are breathless ads for cars nobody can afford. Most of the songs are total crap. And there are too many missions where you need to drive a nice car and not crash.

Any game that tries to force you to drive realistically will bore and frustrate me, I have a vehicle I drive it responsibly everyday, I don't want to simulate that in a game. When I play a game I want to just gently caress around and drive like a lunatic. Thanks to Gran Turismo and all the racing games trying to emulate it the racing game genre is dead to me except for Mario Kart.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Most Wanted is about as far from a simulator as you can get. It is really just Need for Speed: Burnout.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

vxskud posted:

Any game that tries to force you to drive realistically will bore and frustrate me, I have a vehicle I drive it responsibly everyday, I don't want to simulate that in a game. When I play a game I want to just gently caress around and drive like a lunatic. Thanks to Gran Turismo and all the racing games trying to emulate it the racing game genre is dead to me except for Mario Kart.

You should try Split/Second and Burnout Paradise.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

vxskud posted:

loving Driver San Fransisco is what you're looking for. A driving game where you play as a cop in coma who has the power to possess drivers all around San Fransisco. The game expects you too behave like a complete lunatic with this power and responds accordingly. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY-JRYFYi8E&t=18s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Count Chocula posted:

But Burnout has that poo poo to.

The get to the goal in a certain time missions, you couldn't make a single mistake in them.

• Locked thread