Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

oobitydoo posted:

I'm pretty sure buff Nemo is in fact the pinnacle of art though.

Oh why, thank you! That's quite a nice thing to say and it warm my heart to hear it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Concerto 2: Gebura—Rondo

Music: Roland03

I have nothing… but I need something to exist. This emptiness…

Seems like you were right. Kind of wish you weren't.

Guys, the walls have eyes.

It's a mimic. Those eyes are probably part of him as well.

We're not thinking about that. Those things aren't a threat. Just keep your cool and push forward.

Mimicry posted:

I couldn’t protect the one person by my side… I’m just a hollow husk.

Finally, only an empty shell remained there…

The shadow of a shell laughed. How pathetic must I have been that even an empty being would mock me.

I have nothing left to protect, nothing left at my side… I have nothing.

To protect a person, the shell of another is needed…

In the shell of a person I love…

The reason I exist…? I’m not even sure anymore.

A hollow being that has nothing but the exterior. That’s me. And I bet you’re the same.

Was the pretense I wore enough disguise to make me look perfectly like a human?

Who is the one that wants oblivion; who is the one that benefits from this insanity?

Mimicry is a relatively simple boss. Nearly immune to every form of Stagger damage and to Slash in general, it's kind of a tanky opponent. Its abilities are simple enough. When we knock him to 0 HP he'll change to his second form, and in addition every two turns he'll try to hit us with a Wear Shell.

Wear Shell is an instant kill page which will let him copy one of our Librarians that it kills on his next turn. There's theoretically a way to use this to our advantage, having him kill one of our units to be super weak so we can murder him on the following turn.

This is a bad plan, there is no reason to ever do this.

For the attacks he's using, he's got three copies of Dense Flesh—an attack which inflicts Disarm to prevent defensive dice from being useful—and a single copy of Eye Contact. This is a slightly more powerful attack which gives anyone its second die hits 2 copies of Terror. Terror is the other unique mechanic of this phase of Mimicry, and it has the ability to cause problems for us.

Terror is a dead card in our hands, which we have to play to get rid of. It wastes a die entirely as its 1-1 Evade die can't help us in clashes, and it costs 3 Light as well. If we let too much Terror stack up on one Librarian, though, they'll take a chunk of Stagger damage and lose their turn. This puts the Terrors back into our deck, meaning we're on a timer to play them before drawing all three and getting hit again.

But Terror has to hit someone to enter their hand… and Gebura currently has 4 Strength, +5 Power from her kills in Red Mist mode, and +2 more power from being in Red Mist mode. That 11 bonus power is by itself more than any of Mimicry's attacks can match.

Okay, so here's the plan: I'll draw Roland's focus. You two get in the hits you can and whittle him down.

I want a piece of him, too.

Too much bloodthirst is going to get you killed, kid.

One of the eyeballs on his arm seems to have a weak point. Focus your attacks there, boss.

Got it.

Give it to me… your shell… I need it to become whole again…

Not happening.

Information Assessment does major work here, as this Spear rips through almost all of Mimicry's SR in a single attack. Unfortunately, my bad deckbuilding comes back to bite me again.

Level Slash simply isn't capable of dealing enough damage to Mimicry to activate its effect, even with the absurd amount of Power Gebura's got under her belt now. She's effectively unable to regain Light for the rest of the battle, meaning we need to play conservatively with what we have.

Thanks for attracting his attention, ma'am. We'll take it from here.

Huuuf… paah… Huuuf… paah…

Euuugh… he's even breathing the same.

Don't worry about it. That weak point of yours worked wonders, sis.

He's already gone.

Even my empty self can see… there's a hand that guides this destruction, someone who benefits from this way of life…

If this shell becomes a form acceptable to that hand… then will I be complete?

He's become… an egg.

We've got about six seconds to scramble that thing, or we're going to have problems.

Not a problem… but I prefer my eggs fried.

Mimicry's second form is an egg. This is its cocoon form, and how well we do against it determines how much HP the final phase will have. It'll restore 100 HP every turn, and if we can't burst it down then Mimicry's final form will come out at full HP. That would be… bad.

The only combat page Mimicry plays in this form is Hard Cocoon, a trio of Counter dice that each restore 10 HP any time they're used. They also deal 5 Stagger damage if they win a clash, and can theoretically regain 10 HP multiple times if they win any clashes—but a 3-6 isn't really very difficult to overcome. The bigger problem is that Mimicry's three Speed Dice mean there are nine of these dice total, which can add up quickly.

It looks like that big eyeball's even more vulnerable to being stabbed than before. If you strike now, we should be able to break through.

Sounds good to me. We'll give it an all out attack—don't give him time to prepare anything.

Now you're speaking my language!

Normally, the strategy against Mimicry's second phase requires us to Stagger the egg and then pour damage onto it, using its Normal resistance to both Pierce and Blunt Stagger damage,

Information Assessment lets us get around that, with a single Spear from Gebura dealing around 30 damage even after all of the healing Mimicry's pages can put out.

Dammit. I tore a hole in it, but it's still tickin'. You two have a followup, right?

Uhh… working on it. Even if you can see where you're aiming, it's hard to accurately hit an enemy whose anatomy shifts.

Then we do things the hard way. I'll pin it down…

Got it!

I've taken it out.

A form suitable for this world…

My shell emerges… empty. can yoU HeAR mE??

heLLo?

Looks like we couldn't stop this thing from getting out…

Just a little further to go. We take this thing down, he'll have nothing left in him.

Shouldn't be hard. This thing lost to a cutesy pink slime monster back in the day.

wHO ss THis?? maNaGEr!

Mimicry's final form is a straight-up brawl with a minimum damage requirement of 10 to deal damage. This is after resistances, meaning that we actually have to be dealing 20 damage to get through his Hardness. Beyond that, we have to deal at least 40 damage a turn to break even against his Regeneration, and we'll still be getting very small returns unless we deal 80+ in a single turn. Because we blew through phase 2, we only have to deal with 280 HP instead of 400, which is a small mercy that can quickly get healed back if we aren't able to damage him.

Mimicry's final phase primarily uses pages which give it stacks of Imitation on use. Imitation is a recolored version of Charge, maxing out at 10 and decaying by 1 per turn. He uses this to power up his stronger attacks against us.

One of those attacks, Goodbye, is being used this turn. It's a massive die that inflicts 10 Bleed on hit, and if he had 10 Imitation it would get another +10 Power on it. We've only got one thing in our entire arsenal that can stand up to this page.

We're forced to throw out our Great Split: Vertical here. Gebura only has 5 Light total, and her Level Slash can't deal any damage to Mimicry, so she also has no Light recovery from here on—this means we can't block another Goodbye.

It's not all bad, though. We've got probably the best two people to bring to this phase of the fight. Tenebrais's Burn doesn't care about Hardness, and she can stack up a lot of it relatively quickly to blunt the worst of the Regeneration. And Credentia…

It looks like part of his shell's been diverted to make up that scythe. His structural integrity is weaker as a result. Smash him with blunt weaponry!

Between Smoke and Nikolai's Mark she helps our team get over that 10 damage threshold, and Information Assessment actually breaks this fight.

GoDdByE.

Bet you think you've got me, huh?

But a shell can't win against the real thing.

aAaHHH, mAn!!

Going from a 10 point deficit to a 9 point win, Gebura's got some absolutely insane power stacking going on here—but even that was only barely able to scratch Mimicry—Slash dice are worthless for damage.

Hah! Hey, sis, you were right! Smacking him works like a charm!

Information Assessment, meanwhile, is worth its weight in gold, allowing Tenebrais's Blunt die to break the 10 damage threshold…

Told you! You can't run from these eyes.

And allows Credentia to deal damage even though she was below it! For some reason, Information Assessment applying to one of Mimcry's resistances will permanently turn off Harden for that particular resistance—for the rest of this battle, Blunt attacks will damage him even if they deal below 10 damage. :lobcorp:

you have a new voice mail! I loVe yOu. WheRe diD You gO?

With three Imitation on him, Mimicry is able to power up Flail Skin, a decently strong pair of dice that deal a bunch of bonus Stagger damage on hit. This isn't really our biggest problem this turn, though.

He's also throwing out a copy of Hello?, a single chunky die that has the ability to instantly Stagger whoever it hits. This is a must-block, but thankfully he doesn't have enough Imitation to make it get the +2 Power.

HeY, mAn. ToGEtheR, We aRE oNe.

I don't have the energy to deal with his big attacks… Need a second to catch my breath.

No problem, boss. Just leave it to me.

Alright. Go be the hero, kid.

Please. Training my rear end off and I'm still miles behind you… But I'll open the path. You tear him a new rear end in a top hat, boss.

heLLo?!

No, this is goodbye.

The 21 Bleed Gebura stacked up onto Mimicry also pays big dividends this turn. Over the course of the turn this will deal around 50 damage to him from his own dice alone.

Now… Without letting him attack. Without letting him breathe…

Don't worry. You did fine, kid. We'll stamp these embers of wrath until there's nothing left.

hOW may I hELP you? how may i help you. HeLp yOu. wE Are hELp yOU?

He's weakening. Now's your chance!

As I said earlier, once Information Assessment hits a resistance, Hardness will no longer apply, even on subsequent turns—this lets Credentia deal 8 damage to help out. Mimicry now has 20 HP and more than 20 Burn on him. This fight's over.

Got it.

When defeated, Mimicry sprays body parts all over the place, as it falls apart.

Even a shell laughs at me… How pathetic I must seem.

It's time to wake up, Roland.

Once we get out of the first phase, Gebura's Realization is really not hard. If anything, the 11 different HP gates (minimum) make the fight a long but easy case study in exactly how powerful Gebura is. I had trouble, but it was entirely my own fault—I messed up Gebura's deck, tried doing fancy stuff I didn't have to, and then played incredibly badly on top of it. We still crushed the last three phases through The Red Mist being hilariously overpowered. Just leave Level Slash at home, bring Upstanding Slash instead and you'll be fine. You can also build towards Mountain of Corpses using weak block-heavy pages like E-Endure alongside Udjat pages to easily farm up the negative Emotion necessary.

VIDEO
Music: None

When my soul crushed the depths of my heart, It was seated there beside me?

Music: GeburaStory

I guess my past self in Lobotomy Corp. wasn’t too different from Roland just now.

Not quite. I saw you run amok in a blind fury countless times back then, and I can say that this wasn’t like those past moments. And it’s not quite the same as me, either.

Uh, hey, both of you… Is that supposed to be some backhanded mockery?

Not at all.

…Are you feeling alright?

I feel… relieved, but something feels kinda off and awkward about it. At least my body’s all fine.

That’s good. Get back to your work once you’ve taken your time recovering from the aftermath.

That doesn’t make this any less awkward, man.

Roland. I well understand where your anger comes from. But wrath is like a blade with the sharpest edge. If you aren’t careful with wielding it, you might end up cutting yourself before you even realize it. So it’s important to hold that blade correctly. And the next step would be deciding where to point your sharp blade.

You’re right, I gotta be careful not to cut myself with it.

That’s that, and this is this.

…Want a cig?

Fine. Just for today.

Music: Lobby

Anyways, overcoming that… ordeal… finally gives us our last three Gebura Abnormality Pages. It also gives us her E.G.O pages, but the Red Mist keypage can't use any E.G.O outside of the two Great Splits, which means they don't matter as much for most players.

The new Abnormality Pages are amazing, though. Goodbye is a hilariously powerful ability. Slap it onto someone with a big single-die attack, have them use it last in a turn, and watch it immediately delete whoever you're facing down—it combos very well with Great Split: Vertical, and while it can only activate on Mass Attacks if they're the only thing you play that turn, it turns out that a GS:H roll of 100+ is enough to Stagger basically any group of enemies.

Hello?, meanwhile, is an incredible recovery aid. It gives the first die we use each turn a property that heals us for as much damage as we deal with it. Once again, we want to pair it with single massive dice—Mass Attacks are great here, but things like Blazing Strike work just as well.

Lastly, there's Shell. Shell prevents any Stagger damage coming from enemy attacks, making the holder effectively immune to being Staggered. It's very good, but also is competing with Goodbye and Hello?, meaning it's not an instant-pick. All three of these are incredibly powerful tools, and which one to go with depends on the situation.

You okay, dude?

Our coordination is still lacking. Won't be able to crush enemies like this.

Hey, at least you didn't get eaten by a wolf. I couldn't even contribute, really…

That was also due to negligence.

Thinkin' over the fight, you two?

Pretty much. With how that went, we should really get together and have a strategy meeting. We all kind of just do our own thing.

It's worked so far, but that last fight showed us its limitations…

Yeah, you can say that again… Well, since the boss is busy having a smoke anyways, let's see what we can put together. We can't just lean on the great and powerful Red Mist forever.

Agreed. Perhaps the Rabbit Team's swarm tactics could be useful here.

I've got some spare paper, I'll see if I can draw a decent gameplan for us all.

I'll sort through our equipment for anything we might have overlooked, then. Gebura's not just going to wait for us to catch up to her… we'll need every trick we can think of and then some.

And hey, maybe some new weapons would even the odds too.

Next time, on Library of Ruina

"People have been committing sins since long ago. "Why do they commit sins, knowing it's wrong?""

Handling two of the 5's in a row seems to have thrown our guide off. Why not a third?

We could also get back to that Prescript. It said no time limit, but we've kept them waiting for some time.

The Snake has also been waiting for a while, but there's no issue there.

Also Nikolai's ultimatum is on standby.

Videos

Gebura 6
Gebura Realization (Unedited combat footage; will cause distortions. Watch at own risk.)

New E.G.O Pages

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jul 9, 2023

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
We must follow our brain dead decision the prescript, FIVE IN A ROW IT IS!

Otherwise, amazing fight. The story really just check out all my niche interest with consistency it's amazing!

Bookthief
Jan 28, 2019
Really recommend watching the nothing there fight, as it vocalize some of the words from its attack cards. First time i heard a confused sounding hello, followed by a librarian getting staggered was an eye opener.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

One thing to note here: If you're doing solo shenanigans with the Red Mist, then Shell's an instapick every time. It basically makes Geb invulnerable.

Easily the worst of the synchronization pages. You get a set of five pages, including two mass attacks, but the only one with a maximum roll value above 10 is the mass summation attack at 15-25. Which doesn't compare well to any of the EGO Mass Attacks Gebura gets alongside this. They're all a mishmash of slash, pierce and blunt too, so you can't meaningfully apply +power passives to them. You're unironically better off just completely ignoring this and using your normal Star of the City pages instead. It's tragic that the EGO Synchronization pages are this undertuned.

Five middling-strength hits that deal their damage in one big lump sum. It's worth it, I suppose, but not as strong as the three pages below.

A pretty strong invidivual mass attack able to beat most rolls that gives -2 to all enemy rolls for the turn. Big debuffs, great utility. It basically ensures you'll win most clashes this turn.

In optimal conditions, this will recover 25 HP and give the user a +4 advantage over all your enemies (while giving your allies a -1 disadvantage). A really good selfish buff page. Only downside is that Gebura herself can't use this to stack power even harder, but Geb's also strong enough that she functionally won't even notice that -1 disadvantage. Don't use it against a single target since it needs to hit multiple enemies to get that beefy strength stack that makes buffing the enemy worth it.

Big numbers, big heals, and big bleed. It's basically a version of Greater Split Vertical that anyone can use. Easily the best of Gebura's EGO pages. It also plays that awesomely chilling GOODBYE sound clip whenever you use it.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jul 8, 2023

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
If you're willing to apply some of gebura's deck and passive slots to running smoke (and bring nikolai), level slash is perfectly viable, even with ineffective resistances. turns out double damage + 50% damage + a ton of power is enough to hit above the damage threshold pretty easily.

also, it's worth noting that info assessment doesn't actually touch nothing there's passive, apparently; it just has the wrong number listed. It actually stops damage 5 and under, not 10.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
And so, Geb's floor is complete. It might not exactly be the best floor if you're really good at card games, but it definitely is the best floor if you're not so good at card games.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

TeeQueue posted:

Seems like you were right. Kind of wish you weren't.

Are the abnormality books being drawn to their resonant floors on their own? I have to imagine “let’s keep all the Magical Girls on the same shelf” would have been a non-starter for any LobCorp ex-employee if they’d had any say in it.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

CommunityEdition posted:

Are the abnormality books being drawn to their resonant floors on their own? I have to imagine “let’s keep all the Magical Girls on the same shelf” would have been a non-starter for any LobCorp ex-employee if they’d had any say in it.

their equivalent of the dewey decimal (binah becimal...?) system is a harsh mistress

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Bird Justice.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

dervival posted:

their equivalent of the dewey decimal (binah becimal...?) system is a harsh mistress

The Binah Becimal system.

I like it. :allears:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Yveltal
Jul 19, 2022

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

It is time for birb.

I'm also taking the rest of the night off because I need a minute, Gebura Roundup tomorrow maybe idk.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
I hope it takes 37 turns in a row doing 1 damage each

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

A jargogle posted:

I hope it takes 37 turns in a row doing 1 damage each

And you can't use a card or it kills you dead.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Roland really likes poetry, huh.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

but how can the bird return to its containment unit, if its already IN its containment unit?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
While in another context it'd be just More Body Horror, I actually really like that after the perception filter of Lobcorp we're getting art somewhat closer to what Nothing There actually, you know, is. It's a good realization.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Music

GeburaBattle01
GeburaBattle02
GeburaBattle03
GeburaStory

Abnormality Pages

Level 1

Gebura's Abnormality Pages tend to follow a theme, and that theme is 'Powerful effects that only work on a single character.' Of her Level 1 pages, the standouts are Vampirism for the sustain when using Bleed (a very common status effect), The Role of the Wolf for its bonus to Gebura's natural Counter die, and Claws of Savagery for its ability to make a single Librarian invincible in solo builds. Prey seems like it might be an exception, adding a Mark that everyone can target to deal bonus damage, but it's not—the Mark only applies for the person who has the Page, making it strictly worse than several other options here. In general, Mountain of Corpses builds go for Claws of Savagery and Role of the Wolf (due to their tendency to generate a ton of Negative emotion leaving Vampirism out of reach), but any two of the three are very strong.

Of particular note is Fear of Water, which gives your Librarian the Blood status and starts tracking it. It can apply Bleed, which makes it work decently with Vampirism, but its most common effect causes your Librarian to lose 2-7 HP with every offensive die rolled, which can cause them to bleed out. It's rarely actually worth it.

Level 2

Her Level 2 Abnormality pages continue the theme from Level 1. Each of them is very powerful and only works on a single person. Mountain of Corpses is the most extreme version of this gimmick, outright killing off everyone else on the floor to create a single Librarian who regains up to 5 Light a turn alongside +4 to all die rolls. Mountain builds tend to use Udjat Key Pages alongside weak block dice in order to force a lot of clash losses without actually losing any Librarians, and once the target Librarian has turned into a literal god at Floor Level 3, they suddenly win a bunch of clashes and either take Absorption (for longer battles, as it goes away at the end of the Act) or Instincts (for shorter ones).

Wine is the only truly bad page of what's left over, since Absorption is just wine but better—Blood stacks are still not very good. Ruddled Welts and Laughter also aren't chosen very often, but they have some potential with Yujin builds. It's just that most people who use Gebura are here for the sheer power of the Red Mist, so these are much less likely to be useful.

Level 3

For Level 3, the question we have to ask ourselves is "How do we want to destroy our foes today?" If we want to do it by being unstaggerable and blowing through them while ignoring the small amounts of Stagger Damage they deal, we pick Shell. If we want to obliterate everyone with a single massive die, we go with Goodbye. If we want to become Netzach-levels of unkillable healbot, we go with Hello?.

Of the three, Shell and Goodbye see the most usage in normal play due to the number of ways to regain HP in the earlier Abnormality Pages, and while Hello? has some potential on Yujin builds, there aren't a lot of Gebura strategies that rely on Yujin.

E.G.O.

Before we begin, I'd like to note again that the Red Mist Key Page cannot use any E.G.O outside of her unique two—these cannot be used if we're doing any Red Mist solo strategies.

Crimson Scar is another Synchronization E.G.O, so we once more get to talk about its deck.

Our Light Restoration is three copies of Beast Hunt. It's got a decent Evade die that'll power up the Slash die that comes after, but there isn't much to say about it. It costs 1 to play, so we've got a little more of a Light squeeze than with Magic Bullet's synchro.

The new deck also comes with three copies of Hollow-point Shell, a Ranged page that deals in Pierce and Slash damage. It's cheap, but it isn't the best at clashing due to its low cost—still, the first die can make sure we win the second, so it's not all bad.

Our two Mass Attacks are Bullet Shower and Strike Without Hesitation. BS is a Mass-Individual and with enough Pierce power or Strength stacked gets ridiculously strong, while SWH is a single chunky hit that can rip through most any page we see at this point. Both are decent for their Cost, though we really want Power for Bullet Shower.

Lastly there's Desynchronize. It… exists.

Overall, Crimson Scar's pages are okay, but there's no immediate unifying theme to them—Stiletto helps BS but hurts all the other attacks, the only Blunt is SWH, and the Slashes aren't on the big attacks. This makes it difficult to build around, and only Strength is really important to making Crimson Scar work. It winds up requiring a bit too much technique for not enough benefit in most cases, especially since the usual way to play Gebura is to dump all our Abnormality Pages onto the Red Mist—who, again, cannot use any of these E.G.O.

This is the E.G.O version of Roland's Ultimate in the Cobalt Scar phase, and it's got all the ups and downs of that same move. It deals true damage, and can therefore completely ignore any kind of resistance. However, its damage is entirely reliant on the rolls we get—it cannot be raised in any way, so it's got an average damage of ~34 if everything hits. That's not a lot, so it's really only good if we couldn't output more damage than that in a single page. On Gebura's floor. It's not amazing.

Smile is good. Its 7-14 die is likely to sneak a hit in as an Individual MA, and its effect gives the enemy a straight -2 to all die rolls for all enemies hit that turn. Numbers at this point are close enough that a -2 is enough to take clashes from being 50-50 ordeals to a near-guaranteed victory for our team, and the 4 cost is low for a Mass Attack. Not much else to say about it.

Dipsia is a nice, meaty Mass Attack that gives one of our Librarians a quick heal of up to 25 HP depending on how many enemies it hits, alongside up to 5 Strength. It does give the enemies hit 1 Strength each, making them slightly stronger for Librarians outside of our main one, but that's not a massive deal given that enemies hit by this will frequently be Staggered on the turn where they'd get that Strength. Ultimately, Dipsia is the only Big Chunky Mass Attack that Gebura's floor gets naturally, and sometimes you just need a Big Chunky Mass Attack. Therefore, it's pretty good.

Lastly we have Mimicry. It's got a single chunky offensive die that heals us for however much damage it deals, while also dropping a bunch of Bleed on the enemy. It combos very well with Goodbye, and there's not a lot more to say about it.

Final Thoughts

Gebura's Abnormality Pages all combine very well in order to make a single Librarian incredible strong, and as such Gebura's floor tends to be the Red Mist show. She's insanely strong, and using her as a center of the team makes for a very powerful floor that can easily deal with anything the game can throw at us outside of power nullification. It's possible to spread the power around and use the Floor of Language in a more standard manner, but ultimately Gebura-focused strategies are easier to build and frequently more powerful to boot.

Game balance… what's that? Is it tasty?

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jul 10, 2023

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
For whatever it’s worth, Fear of Water’s HP drain can’t actually kill you, you need to take damage from another source.

Otchokachoi
Jul 18, 2010

The best Celestinaut!
(At crashes)
I have spent the last month in Project Moon hell and it's all because of these excellent LPs. I think I seriously lost a week to to the Lobotomy Corporation LP. At what point do you distort just from reading way too much content in too short of a time??

In order to cope with my elation/sadness at having FINALLY caught up, here's a lil fanart of the BESTEST and MOST CUTIEST character(s) in the whole game:

I spent the whole first part of the LP waiting for her to reappear and was not disappointed.

Anyway awesome LP, super looking forward to see where else this lovely train takes us.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Otchokachoi posted:

I have spent the last month in Project Moon hell and it's all because of these excellent LPs. I think I seriously lost a week to to the Lobotomy Corporation LP. At what point do you distort just from reading way too much content in too short of a time??

In order to cope with my elation/sadness at having FINALLY caught up, here's a lil fanart of the BESTEST and MOST CUTIEST character(s) in the whole game:

I spent the whole first part of the LP waiting for her to reappear and was not disappointed.

Anyway awesome LP, super looking forward to see where else this lovely train takes us.

Even as somebody who's been here the whole time I am equally blown up about PM content the last few months, and these Mizus are just SO PRECIOUS. A splendid contribution landing right before they get to strut their stuff once again. :3

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Otchokachoi posted:

The Mizus. :allears: I particularly love the question mark near the halo. Welcome to the holding pattern between updates. We have coffee.*

*I have been informed that we do not, in fact, have coffee.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

TeeQueue posted:

Not until we do Chesed's realization, at least.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Welcome to the all caught up crew Otchokachoi! Seriously amazing art of Mizu. Mizart? Artzu? It'll get workshopped.

TeeQueue posted:

The Mizus. :allears: I particularly love the question mark near the halo. Welcome to the holding pattern between updates. We have coffee.*

I have coffee. It's not gonna last very long mind you, but it definitely exists.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I had coffee. Now I don't because I finished it already :(

oobitydoo
Oct 1, 2021
I have coughing fits, that's kind of like coffee!

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Are beverage-based shenanigans occurring because, as beings of Light, they have no need for food-based shenanigans?

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me
I have coffee. It's just cold and undrikable apparently.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

i've got some tea but it tastes like dawn office and makes me want to run away from everything

still probably safer than stealing from binah's stash though

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Real coffee, or District 23 "coffee"?

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
I have nothing but my coffee and I want nothing more. Why should I begrudge it, since during the hours when my soul crushed the depths of my heart, it was seated there beside me?

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

because the sediment at the bottom of your mug were grounds for dismissal

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

dervival posted:

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

dervival posted:

you eat the bean? I though you were supposed to crush them and sniff them!

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

dervival posted:

i am embarrassed to report this took me four days to get

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
...OH! It's a pun! I did not get that.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Oh, now I get it. Took me a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me
There was a pun?