Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monk E
May 19, 2009
Ursa Manuel

HP23/23, AC11, hit dice2/2, Spell Slots 1:2/3 2: 1/2, Sorcery Points 3, Spell Save 12

Ursa prepares a firebolt and waits for an opportunity to attack a non waterlogged foe.

Readying a firebolt for if a merrow comes on board the ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Captain Zeshoon Four (smooth criminal)

18 / 18 HP // 15 AC
After some consideration regarding the dangers of having their vessel torn apart by submerged assailants, Captain Four comes to a realization. Locking eyes with First Officer Stoneback, he comments, "...we're gonna' need a bigger boat."
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Passive: Perception (20) / Investigation (20) / Darkvision (60') / Telepathy (30') / Harper Watcher (Renown 1)
Special: Disguise Self (water genasi captain) / Concentration (hex) / Stealth
Item: Arrow (40) / Bullet (40) / Oil (15) / Caltrop (5) / Ration (6)
Limited: HD (3/3d8) / Wand (7/7)
Unlimited: Friends / Disguise Self / Minor Illusion / Silent Image
[1/2] Lv. 1: Charm Person / Hex / Dissonant Whispers
Party Economy
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dessarin River

Ursa looks for one of the merrow to come up on board. Instead one of them continues to rip and tear at the boat, and the other two circle around hidden by the boat seeming to wait for something. Meanwhile the boat begins to sink. Rapidly.

Initiative

Darys, Sereia, Four, Lars, Quilian, Ursa
Merrow

Roll20

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug

18 / 18 HP // 15 AC
Their enemy appeared to have succeeded in damaging the ship, which wasn't the best scenario. As the captain, he knew he had to act quickly, lest he quickly be demoted back to a civilian. "Sereia! Is that ice beam something you can control?! If you've got a handle on it, head below deck and try to freeze the water in whatever hole they've torn in our hull! If we can plug the breach with ice, that will give us time to effect appropriate repairs. Helmsman Nailos, you may want to steer us towards shore! Chief of Security Borikfikod, you're cleared to engage with all you've got!"
Passive: Perception (20) / Investigation (20) / Darkvision (60') / Telepathy (30') / Harper Watcher (Renown 1)
Party Economy

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Name: Lars Borikfikod Faction- EE: Rank 1 Renown 1
HP:22/22 AC::15 Poultice 2/2 HD:3/3 (d10) Superiority: 2/4 (d8) Luck: 3/3
Movement: 30' Arrows: 18 (115 on boat)

Lars pinches at the bridge of his nose giving a discontented sigh as the enemy actually makes a tactical decision, his irritated funk is quickly broken as Four barks out an order and he finds himself immediately flinging himself overboard, with a brief splash Lars swims away from the boat and then forces himself down through the water.

Staring through the flowing water attempting to spot a target Lars decides this was a terrible idea, he chides himself for not saving up for that hand crossbow he's always wanted, it surely would have come in handy here. Drawing his bow out in front of him Lars curses as arrows begin to peel away from his quiver, angling it as best he can to reduce losses Lars snatches up one of the arrows beginning to float away and prepares to shoot at these wretched boat wrecking creatures.

So depending on what Lars can see, he'll be immediately attacking or readying an attack against the first enemy he sees I guess.

I figure I'm not even gonna track ammo for this, at the end his quiver will just have emptied into the river :v:.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jun 17, 2015

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
As you go under you can see one merrow under the boat.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

HP:22/22 AC::15 Poultice 2/2 HD:3/3 (d10) Superiority: 2/4 (d8) Luck: 2/3
Movement: 30' Arrows:- (115 on boat)

Struggling with his aim against the current, Lars' teeth gleam through the water as an arrow jets through the water with much more force than anyone has a right to shoot with, pain blossoms in the back of the hapless merrow as Lars strikes while it is distracted with ripping at the boat.

Roll a critfail and a 9 to hit with disadvantage from attack with a non water-dynamic ranged weapon :v:. Spent a luck and got a 17 to hit the visible merrow for 20 piercing damage

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...

Sereia Arlingfeld
HP: 25/25 | AC: 17 | HD: 2/2d10, 1/1d6
Lay on Hands: 10/10 | Divine Sense: 3/3
Slots: [1]3/3 | Arrows: 6/6

Sereia shoots Four a quick look followed by a nod, then hurriedly shuffles below deck.

gonna do the thing The Captain™ said, unless Ryuu kiboshes it. In which case, hopefully I can see the Merrow down there and lazer it; someone else can feel free to roll a cantrip/Longbow(with disadvantage) for me if I ain't around when Ryuu makes the ruling.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Lars savagely shoots a merrow, not enough to kill it but it is looking real bad. Meanwhile Sereia rushes to the bottom of the boat and starts shooting cold air at the hole. She chills the water, and little bits of frost grow in the water, but not enough to actually close the hole or slow the flow.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug

18 / 18 HP // 15 AC
Knowing that Lars might end up in more than a little bit of danger if left to fend for himself beneath the waves, Captain Four calls out to Darys and Quilian, commenting, "We can't just let him go at it alone!" Taking a deep breath, he then dives off the side of the ship, landing in the river beside Lars and stabbing the nearby merrow in the throat.
pre:
Move:  Beside Lars (15' actual / 25' effective)
Action:  Attack (vs. Merrow #2)
 Hit - 15
 Damage - 10 piercing (-1, regular dagger)
Use of a dagger negates disadvantage while underwater.
Party Economy

Waador fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jun 17, 2015

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Darys Stoneback
[HP: 29/29 [AC: 17]
Hit Dice: 0/3 spent (D10)
Movement: 25ft
Faction: Lords’ Alliance - Rank 1 - Renown 1
Full Equipment List and Funds
Backstory

The sound of water rushing into the hold beneath them told Darys that the fate of ship was sealed. Lars and Four had dived into the water to continue the attack on the merfolk. Sereia had gone below to try to stem the rush of water into the hold with her new found magic. The stories of mine shafts flooding from his mining days told Darys that was a fools errand. He grabbed Quilian by the arm. "Lad get down there and bring Sereia back out of the hold before she gets trapped down there and drowns. Then get off this boat before it takes us all down! I'll be right behind you both!"

Darys then turned and ran into the captains cabin. He was going to make sure the dwarven tomes survived.

Darys is going to get the dwarven tomes and any map he can see and wrap them up in whatever he can find that is best suited to protect the books like leather or canvas. He's then going to place them into a bucket or whatever he can find that will float and tie one end of a rope to it and another around his waist. He's then going to carefully drop the vessel with the protected books in the water making sure that it floats. He will then abandon ship.

Is Darys going to be in a position to attack any merfolks once overboard? I can't look at Roll20 right now.

Improved Critical: Beginning when you choose this archetype at 3rd level, your weapon attacks score a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20. Weapon damage increased and modified. A 1d8 weapon now does 3d4 at 3rd level. Skill improves again at 15th level expanding a critical hit to the 18-20 range and improving weapon damage from 1d8 to 4d4.
Fighter Archetypes: At 3rd, 7th, 10th, 15th, and 18th Fighter levels the player can choose a feat to take.
Feats:
Heavy Armor Mastery: While you are wearing heavy armor, bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage that you take from non-magical weapons is reduced by 3.

Party Economy by Waador

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug

18 / 18 HP // 15 AC
While underwater, the Captain surveys the damage to his boat, and begins to assess his options.
pre:
Various questions that require answers include:
 - How bad is the damage to the boat?  Size of the hole, number of holes?
 - How much water is entering the boat per round?
 - Based on that, how long do we expect it will take to sink?
 - How far are we from shore, in feet?

The boat moves at 1 mile per hour upstream, which isn't great.
If we turn the boat around and move with the current, however,
we get up to 4 miles per hour.  That works out to 35' per round.

I attempted to look up guidance on how quickly boats sink but that seems to be variable.
Stormwrack (3.5) suggests it is measured in hours depending on the pilot's proficiency with the vessel.
Reality suggests it is impossible for a boat to sink in a matter of seconds, but I'm not a sailor.
Party Economy

Waador fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jun 17, 2015

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Waador looked on Roll20 for me and said I should be able to attempt an attack on a fish person. Here are the rolls with disadvantage due to the water.

Disadvantage due to water combat attack rolls #1: 2#1d20 6 18

Disadvantage due to water combat attack rolls #2: 2#1d20+6 22 9

Monk E
May 19, 2009
Ursa Manuel

HP23/23, AC11, hit dice2/2, Spell Slots 1:2/3 2: 0/2, Sorcery Points 3, Spell Save 12

As the line between in the boat and in the water blurred it occurred to Ursa that it would be sort of redundant to wait for a Merrow to board if they were going to be just as wet either way.

Scorching raying all in on closest merrow attack rolls are 15, 10, 18 damage rolls are 4, 6, 7.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

[Quilian Nailos]
HP: 22/22 | AC: 16 | HD: d10(3) | Spells 1st 3/3 | Arrows: 27

The elf nods quickly in response to Darys' order. Water combat it was. He sheaths his blades and readies a long reaching leap into the water. "Do not be trapped inside, master Darys!"

Underwater training was never really training. If a Ranger found himself in the waters, something had already gone wrong. The priority was simple: do what needs to be done to get the hell back out. Executing a plan quickly, even if not the most efficient, was the goal.

Quilian had leaped well enough to come down upon one of the fishy enemies. The knife in his boot was longer than his daggers - used more for survival needs, it was also is his go-to weapon in the water. The Marrow has the clear advantage in the waters, but it is also of simple, brutish mind. Claw swipes are intercepted with quick slashes and stabs of the knife, turning the nearby waters red with demonic fishman blood.

Athletics Check: 1#1d20+5 20
I'm hoping I can use this Athletics Check to help cover a possible issue - my target (Marrow 4 looks to be the closest) might be lower in depth or farther out than I can get to by my standard water speed. If it's feasible, I'd like to use my Athleticism to cover up that potential discrepancy - either I swim well enough to negate enough of the "difficult terrain" mechanic of the water to reach it, or maybe I leap close enough to spend the rest of my movement turn catching up in the water.

Attacking / Offhand: 2#1d20+5 10*miss* 20*hit*
Damage (Dagger): 1#1d4+1d8+3 9
I fluffed using one knife but I'm mechanically dual wielding two daggers, which do not suffer disadvantage in water.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dessarin River

Ursa fires upon one of the few remaining merrow, boiling it a bit, and Quilian pushes as hard as he can and barely reaches the same merrow, cutting it down as he reaches it. Then all of a sudden a harpoon goes zipping past Quilian's face, then is reeled in. The last merrow then swims up to Quilian and tries to bite him.

Meanwhile the boat sinks about three feet deeper, it looks like it might last a minute, if that.

Initiative

Darys, Sereia, Four, Lars, Quilian, Ursa
Merrow

Roll20

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug

18 / 18 HP // 15 AC
He suspected he would be able to swim underneath the boat in order to join his companions on the other side, but he had relatively little interest in rolling the dice on a literal boat crushing him to death as he did so. He didn't really want to reveal he was telepathic to the others, but he supposed now was the time to put his trust in Lars. 'I wouldn't recommend swimming underneath the boat to help the others, unless you like the idea of being flattened. Also, don't tell anyone I can do this. You're the best, chief!' Instead, he climbs up the side of the ship, using his dagger to help him along, and makes his way back to the helm of the ship.
pre:
Action:  Dash
Move:  30' actual / 60' effective
Interact: Steering the ship towards the shore.
Grabbing the wheel, he gives it a spin, sure to navigate in a manner that doesn't actually risk striking his Chief of Security. From the helm, he calls out to the others, "So, I think we've learned a few things about boats today, which is interesting! Doesn't look like we have much time to deal with this situation, so I'm going to beach her!"
Party Economy

Waador fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jun 18, 2015

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Sereia Arlingfeld
Slots: [1]3
2/3 | Arrows: 6/6

Hearing the telltale signs of her allies abandoning ship, Sereia dives through the hole in the bottom of the hull.
Quickly glancing around, she sees Quilian engaged with one of the monsters, and swims over to aid in his fight.
Drawing out her sword, the weapon strikes true, with an effervescent burst of radiant energy.

Shortsword: 24 to hit, 5 piercing damage
Divine Smite: 7 radiant damage

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Movement: 30' Arrows:- (115 on boat)

Quirking an eyeball as yet another person in this group begins to talk into his mind, Lars gives Four an immediate nod as the half-elf makes to swim back to the boat.

Drawing a few of the remaining arrows from his quiver Lars grasps them between his teeth, kicking with all his might Lars takes Four's warning to heart and rather than swooping under the boat begins back and around, bow akwardly swishing through the water as he swims intent on slaughtering the remaining creatures

Double move brings me around the back close enough to move out next round and attack or just attack depending on where the boat moves.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

[Quilian Nailos]

Quilian had just managed to bleed out the Marrow when the harpoon came for him. Kicking off the corpse of his enemy let him flip out of the way of the projectile as it skimmed the water inches from his face. Like a shark, another Marrow had come with it's jaws flailing for a taste of elf flesh. Quilian had managed to shove his forearm into it's maw, the armored limb holding up to the toothy thrashings.

With his arm locked in its mouth, it wasn't until Sereia's brilliant thrust that he could liberate his arm and be free. As it howled from the wound, the elf grabbed the creature behind it's head and sunk deep his knife under it's jaw. It tries to desperately fight back, but the two elves give no mercy, as Quilian twists and works the knife further through. A sickening final thrust penetrates the skull. If Sereia's wound wasn't enough to finish the job, that certainly was.

The body falls to the river floor, a trail of blood tinting the waters all around. He gestures to Sereia by patting his chest just under the throat, a gesture to suggest the lack of oxygen is concerning to the elf.

Attacking / Offhand: 2#1d20+5 8*miss* 23*hit*
Damage (Dagger): 1#1d4+1d8+3 9

I'm thinkin' it ought to be well dead! Swimming back up to land on the right side of the map.
Also I'm posting at 4am because my dog wanted outside and I couldn't sleep. I hope I don't make a habit of this.

Monk E
May 19, 2009
Ursa Manuel

HP23/23, AC11, hit dice2/2, Spell Slots 1:2/3 2: 0/2, Sorcery Points 3, Spell Save 12

First a horde of water cultists now a shipwreck it just seemed like fate just had it out for the fire elemental, regardless even water was only a small complication when put against the power of Ursa's sorcery .

firebolting last merrow attack rolls is 18 damage is 7.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dessarin River

The boat continues to sink as the final merrow is chopped and boiled. It continues to sink even as Four tries to lead it to

Merrow is CR 2 so 450 xp, four are 1800xp
So 300xp each.

Out of curiosity what does that put each of you at?

Roll20

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Movement: 30' Arrows:- 20 (95 bundled)

Spotting the last dying merrow in the water, Lars makes for the boat popping quickly into the cabin and snatching up the bundled arrows stored within, with a final glance at the boat he dives back into the river and begins swimming for the shore awkward bundle trailing behind him.

Once ashore Lars begins picking through his spice pouch, checking seals on vials and angrily discarding powdered ingredients that he'd acquired that were now ruined. Giving up on the majority of his spices Lars moves to the bundle he'd taken from the cabin and unlashes the arrow bundle, picking out a double handful of new shafts he promptly shoves the cluster his quiver and lashes the bundle back together.

Rearmed Lars returns to sorting through his belongings and lets his hand fall to the soggy bag of flour on his waist "So much for spotting invisible folks and such." Tossing the soggy bag into the pile of ruined spice Lars looks back to the quickly sinking boat "Easy come easy go I guess? I suppose we're heading there on foot."

That brings us up to 2176xp each.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug

18 / 18 HP // 15 AC
Pike had previously been tied up and left unconscious in his cabin, and Captain Four was kind enough to at least not let the man drown in his sleep. After slitting his throat and stabbing him in the heart a few times, he gathers his things and abandons ship. A short while later, he comments to the crew, "Apparently the river is dangerous! Anyway, I see two options. We can wait for another boat to make its way down the river and liberate it, or we can head back to Womford and repurchase Bibuton and our wagon. What do you guys want to do?"
Party Economy

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Sereia Arlingfeld

Sereia nods to Quilian under the water, holding him just under the arm and helping to pull them both to the surface. Getting to the shore is a simple matter after that; she keeps pace with her elf companions (even though she can move much faster in the water) to make sure he manages alright. Once everyone is beached, she looks out at the sinking ship.

"It's a pity, really; I was just starting to get used to the ol' girl.."
She looks down across her arms and legs, as she sits with hands rested on her knees, legs bent upward. "Of course: when I need my armor, I'm in a swimsuit; when I need my swimsuit, I'm in armor." :sigh:

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

[Quilian Nailos]

"A fine sight for the eyes in either outfit."

A gracious comment given in gratitude, even if spoken while spitting out river water. Swimming was a finicky practice for the elf, and while he managed well for himself today, it could have easily gone much worse without her assistance.

Hoisting up onto land, he watches as the remains of their boat float under the waters. For some days did Quilian get to gain his sea legs, already beginning to miss the title of helmsman. His elven apparel is wrung out to the best that can be achieved, and eventually takes in the current area.

"We made some days progress to our destination already, it would be a waste to return only to make the trek once more. The Sumber Hills is to the north. Somewhere close to its southern outskirts is the keep we seek.. Our approach may not be so convincing without the captain's boat, but Zeshoon's exceptional tale-spinning has yet to falter. After all, the captain did just lose the boat to a roaming pack of Marrows."

I'm good for continued trekking.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug

18 / 18 HP // 15 AC
He responds, "The thing is, I actually have no idea where we are. I guess we can just follow the river and that will eventually lead us to the keep?" He frowns, "Without a plan to get inside and circumvent most of their defenses, attacking them doesn't interest me as much, though."

Thinking on that matter for a moment, he reaches into his pack and pulls out the wingwear they had liberated from the knight that attacked them, handing it to Lars. He comments, "Chief, why don't you put this on? It might do us some good to engender some bad blood between the various cults, and if someone wearing their uniform starts sniping people from six hundred feet in the air when we get to the keep, that'll do it."

He then moves on to a more philosophical debate, asking Quilian and the others, "So, can I still call myself a captain if I don't have a boat? Or how does that work? Like, is being a captain something that's a part of who you are, or is it intrinsically tied to our consumerist culture and the need to own a boat in order to hold the title? And if the latter, is that really the kind of world we want to live in?"

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Darys Stoneback
[HP: 29/29 [AC: 17]
Hit Dice: 0/3 spent (D10)
Movement: 25ft
Faction: Lords’ Alliance - Rank 1 - Renown 1
Full Equipment List and Funds
Backstory

Swimming to the shoreline and cursing the whole way Darys pulled his little book life raft along. He climbed on the shore and reeled the books in and set them on shore. "It's a filthy rumor that dwarves hate the water and bathing. We like bein' clean just as much as anyone. But that river was full of fishman guts and gods know what else!" He starts shaking the water off of him in an exaggerated manner causing his beard to whip back and worth spraying water everywhere.

"Listen I'm good for either route. We can go back to town and reconsider our options or push on ahead. You know I'm not about being crafty. Just point me at the bastards that need killin' and I'll get it done. But lets be smart about it is all I'm askin'."

Improved Critical: Beginning when you choose this archetype at 3rd level, your weapon attacks score a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20. Weapon damage increased and modified. A 1d8 weapon now does 3d4 at 3rd level. Skill improves again at 15th level expanding a critical hit to the 18-20 range and improving weapon damage from 1d8 to 4d4.
Fighter Archetypes: At 3rd, 7th, 10th, 15th, and 18th Fighter levels the player can choose a feat to take.
Feats:
Heavy Armor Mastery: While you are wearing heavy armor, bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage that you take from non-magical weapons is reduced by 3.

Party Economy by Waador

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug

18 / 18 HP // 15 AC
The half-elf sighs, "Well, I mean, the point of infiltrating them as the water genasi and his crew was to get an idea of their number, how they were likely to engage in a fight, and so on. And also, obviously, to use it as an opportunity to get near whoever they have that can use magic and assassinate them before they can use it against us." He shrugs, "There are a few other paths we can follow, I suppose. Lars can just fly over the keep and shoot anyone that comes outside in the head from dawn to dusk, and that should soften up their numbers. We've learned that it apparently takes about two arrows to sink a boat, so it isn't like they'll be able to escape the keep via the river if they decide they aren't equipped to handle that type of assault."

He continues, "We could also just show up with our hats in our hands, and use the name of the water genasi captain as a reference. According to Pike, the cult or gang or whatever they want to call themselves was always willing to recruit 'thugs and stuff'. If we just join up with them for a week or so, we can probably use that as an opportunity to assess their number, and get close to whoever most needs a stabbing." He laughs, "Interestingly, this shipwreck might serve us well in that case. The cult will obviously recognize it as the captain's if any of their men happen upon it, and there are clear signs that it was torn apart by merrow. They might well assume he suffered an unfortunate accident, and that there was no foul play involved on our end."

Lying down on the ground and staring up at the sky, he also adds, "Those are probably the two best options available to us, if you guys want to continue to head to the keep. I would probably prefer to join them and see how that plays out, since it's actually interesting and involves more than just rampaging through the keep murdering anyone with a pulse. That said, if you hadn't noticed, I'm pretty good at murdering people though, so if we just want to steamroll the place we can do that, too. It's up to you guys, really, I don't think I particularly care one way or another at the moment."

Waador fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jun 19, 2015

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Sereia Arlingfeld

Right on cue, Sereia's cheeks brighten at Quilian's compliment.

"I don't know about the rest of you, but going for an unplanned swim is exactly the thing that'll make me want to head back to civilization. It probably can't hurt for us to get back to civilization and regroup.. Assuming we can cipher out where the nearest settlement is."

Addressing Four, she quips, "I guess this just means you've gone from being a navy captain to an army captain." ;)

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 19, 2015

Monk E
May 19, 2009
Ursa Manuel

Seeing no other alternative Ursa begrudgingly jumped into the water and half swam half flailed to the shore flopping onto dry land in the same manner a beached fish would. "(cough) (cough) Welp that went pretty awful I for one welcome any future methods of transportation that put as much distance between us and water as humanly possible after a stay at an inn of course going to need some time to get the get rid of my sea legs or whatever."

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug

18 / 18 HP // 15 AC
The half-elf winks at Sereia, "Before this is over, I rather expect to have my own navy, air force, and army. And it is going to be amazing."

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Sereia Arlingfeld

"...and above all, modest" Sereia says, as if to finish a sentence no one had really started, rolling her eyes in response to Four.

In IRC we figured out that we should have made it to about halfway between Womford and Red Larch, ish. Presumably Red Larch would be more on the way to where we were actually headed, if we wanted to make a stopover.
Anyone have any strong opinions on whether to hit up civilization rather than just continue marching towards our target? In-character, I would probably want to stop somewhere.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Movement: 30' Arrows:- 20 (95 bundled) Wingwear 3/3

Giving Four a nod Lars slips on the ridiculous outfit while the general plans are lain out "I've got a preference toward just hoofing it to the keep, I wouldn't be surprised if more of the keep's associates come sailing down the river to Womford with inquiries for the citizens and should they make it back ."

Stretching this way and that as he gets used to the thus far untested gear Lars continues his train of thought "I'm all for infiltrating the cultists but giving them time to wise up to the loss of a member seems a bit limiting if we're intending to do so. If we're walking back to Red Larch and then cutting back through the valley to the river there's a good chance that happens."

Lars'll be attuning the wingwear at our next short/long rest.

My personal preference is keep on moving to the keep with a lean toward trying to talk our way in with the merrows destroyed the boat! Excuse.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Drizzesh Do'Fourden (smooth criminal)

18 / 18 HP // 15 AC
The rogue shrugs, offering, "All right, well, if you guys want to continue on towards the keep I'm up for that. I'll need a new disguise, though. I'm pretty tired of people messing with us. Maybe something to make them think twice about bothering us is due..."

Special: Disguise Self (Drizzt) / Concentration (hex) / Stealth
Party Economy

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dessarin River

Eventually you recover from the ordeal and begin the long arduous trek of walking alongside the river toward where you believe the keep to be. The rest of the day is uneventful, but on the second day you happen to spot another keelboat coming up the river.

As Four goes to hail them they start to slow until they see his skin, and ears. Seeing a drow they freak out and continue on up the river. Putting along at a sedate 1 mile per hour, about half the rate that you have been walking.

Roll20

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug

18 / 18 HP // 15 AC
He comments to the others, "We ...might want to slow down and walk at the same pace as that boat. This river is rather dangerous, and they will almost certainly run into trouble."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dessarin River

The group follows the boat for the rest of the day, watching as the occasional crew member looks over to them in apprehension, but lose track as night starts to fall and the group makes camp for the night. The next day they quickly pass up the boat and continue on. The next day is uneventful and it isn't until partway through the seventh day from Womford that anything interesting happens. As they continue north they see another keelboat coming down river toward them.

Roll20

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug

18 / 18 HP // 15 AC
The hero of the Sword Coast does his best to look simultaneously imposing yet welcoming. He strikes a good balance.
pre:
Persuasion 10
Intimidation 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

[Quilian Nailos]

After the Marrow fight

Quilian helps lead the way to the keep, ever vigilant along the river and assured of their direction, while glad to have a campfire that night to dry his things. Observant individuals will notice some apparent agitation over Four's new disguise, but when prodded, he does not seem responsive to any inquiry - either remaining silent, or changing the subject in some elusive way.

The current boat

It was understandable that the disguise would frighten away most people, although it was not very likely to work on bandits or pirates - a group typically hell-bent on taking from anything regardless of notoriety.

When another boat comes their way, Quilian gets an impulse to hide from view. It was an odd choice to act on, as he had no way of telling if the approaching vessel ferried good people or bad enemies. More of the problem was the lack of decent hiding places - most of the foliage around the area was turning dry and leafless the closer they got to the windswept hills. A bush that had not yet fully shed itself dry was the best he could manage, hoping his instincts are wrong about the vessel and its entourage.

Stealth: 1#1d20+5 8

• Locked thread