Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

scorpiobean posted:

Bitch-cow and now poo poo-hog? That sounds like the beginnings of the worst farm. Or I guess a normal farm in Drakengard.

They're mainly bitchgrass-fed :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I forget, have shithogs made an appearance in this one yet? I know Kaine was always calling people shithogs, but I can't remember if Zero's broken that old standby out before.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Come now, that's not even a real word!

Spiritus Nox posted:

I forget, have shithogs made an appearance in this one yet? I know Kaine was always calling people shithogs, but I can't remember if Zero's broken that old standby out before.

I think Kaine only used it once. Could be wrong.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Wipfmetz posted:

There's a wasp-sponsored post by Chokes, two posts after yours.

Now you're confusing me even more, there's nothing about wasps in Chokes post? :confused:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Libluini posted:

Now you're confusing me even more, there's nothing about wasps in Chokes post? :confused:

Look at his avatar.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Shithog?

Sounds like a normal hog, honestly.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'm pretty sure "poo poo-hog" came from Emil after spending a while being "educated" by Kaine.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

Libluini posted:

Chokes has an avatar with wasps and an user text about wasps and goddamn you will enjoy this little joke. I am very proud of it! :mad:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Wipfmetz posted:

There's a wasp-sponsored post by Chokes, two posts after yours.

Please don't say the W word or at least put up a trigger warning

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Oh. Somehow I totally missed the wasps in his avatar. :v:

Edit:

Now I get it, gently caress that duck threw me off by like 90°

Libluini fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 29, 2015

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Nier's sequel will feature poo poo-hogs eating bitch-grass in order keep the lights running, a la Thunder Dome.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Chokes McGee posted:

Please don't say the W word or at least put up a trigger warning

hymenoptera

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

YeOldeButchere posted:

I'm pretty sure "poo poo-hog" came from Emil after spending a while being "educated" by Kaine.

Kaine called Jack a shithog, and Emile picked it up for the "final" phase of the fight(despite not being anywhere near Kaine when she used it?)

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Kaine's pretty loud.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Episode LXXX-2: In Which Size Does Matter

Verse 6: The Ancient Dragon
Music: Thundervalor – Battleground

What do you know? There's actually a third aerial map besides Notspain ruins and the eternally cloudy skies of the Land of Sands/Forests. Nice of them to put up one unique effort for the final aerial mission. Until it gets re-used in Zero's Prologue immediately alongside the only other single use ground mission map.

You sure? I didn't think Three could fly.
I can feel it, Zero! She's here! I know it!

Also here are a buncha no good, lazy, job stealing wyvern. However, it's getting toward the endgame and Mikhail seems to have since let his prejudices against the dirty, knock off, discount dragons go. For the time being. I mean, he's still going to wipe their filth from the skies but...

Several gargoyle cubes have taken flight to aide whatever the heck Three is doing up in the skies over the desert in this timeline. This is the first and only time we'll see them in an aerial mission. Much like their future incarnations, they just kind of float there for a bit before spitting out plasma blasts and buggering off.

Somehow gargoyle cubes become one of the most populous aerial mission enemies by the time of Drakengard 1 and 2. Three probably had some automated factory full of mind controlled dolls fueled with the eternal souls of duped soldiers and/or regional orphans pumping them out in a hollowed out tree somewhere in the Land of Forests. No doubt chugging 'em out non-stop for the next century. They've already established she created mountain tall cyclops creatures and left them in some manner of mountain sized broom closet for the Empire to dig up decades from now.

You mean other than the goddamn gargoyle cubes?
Gargoyle cubes? Oh dear...
What's wrong?
Those cubes require massive amounts of magical energy to operate. It's highly doubtful Lady Three could ever power them alone. There must be some kind of power source nearby.
Heh hehehe... Of course course there is. OF COURSE! :bang:

Once we deal with the fleet of wyvern and gargoyle cubes, we come upon a trio of larger scale wyvern pulling the old dick chain transport routine again. Only this time around, the cargo has been altered...

Huh. You can hitch giant chains to magical glyph platforms. Who knew? If Drakengard's world ever calmed down, I bet you could use that tech for a pretty sweet concert set-up. Also hiya, Three.

Three!

Redeem thyself, Ezrael!

No pre-fight crazy talk or compromised physical and/or mental states? Just cutting straight to the boss fight, huh? I can respect that. I suppose Three has done enough vague lunatic ramblings for three lifetimes already.

New Music: Corroscience – Ezrael (You should listen to this.)

Z-Zero? I-I think that's... I think that's an ancient dragon!

Hey... Heeeeeey! Wait a minute! I remember that tremendous dong dragon design! I've seen you before. Yeah... You might have lost the brood of a thousand winged testicles and replaced them with the world's largest cock rings.

You're the Wyrm: King of the Dragon Cock! This was the penultimate boss of Drakengard 1's Ending A path. Right after Inuart and the Black Dragon and right before the 50 Story Tall Manah. Red was kind of scared shitless of this thing initially too. And that one didn't even have razor sharp genital augmentation attached to its mighty member.

Meet Ezrael the Ancient Dragon. Ezrael is also known as Azrael or Azriel or a half dozen other spellings. It's the angel of death in Judiasm and Islam. You've almost definitely seen some tryhard menacing scrub or boss sharing the same name in at least several other video games or forms of media. Hell, I just had a lame sidequest with a character named that in Arkham Knight when I played it last week.

Ezrael's chief gimmick is that he can teleport about the field. Not very far or anything. In reality it's more of a minor inconvenience as far as positioning goes. The real trouble is the wyrm has invincibility frames for the duration of the teleportation animation and it just loves warping around.

Rrrgh! He's too fast for me! I can't aim right! ...Plus he's scary! His eyes are REALLY scary! I don't like this, Zero. I don't like this at all. Fighting an ancient dragon is bad...
Huh? What do you mean?
It's bad, Zero! I don't know why, I just know! :cry:
We dragons, we can't fight them...
Don't worry about it.
Urrgh...
It's gonna be fine.
B-But, Zero! He's...
It's gonna be fine.
But...
Have I ever lied to you?
W-Well... no. I mean, you're all stabby and angry and stuff, but... No, you never lied to me.
See? So trust me. I'm here with you. And it's going to be okay.
Um... okay.
Repeat it!
It's gonna be okay. ...It's gonna be okay!
loving A!

Ezrael only possessed two abilities initially. It can teleport. And it can teleport while being a sneaky rear end in a top hat and shooting some flaming purple splooge out of the end of its dragon dong that blends in quite well to its purple warping animation.

Stand still and fight me, poo poo-hog!

That's right, poo poo-hog! If NIER 2 doesn't also have a boss get called a poo poo-hog, I will be very disappointed.

The ancient dragon actually will heed Zero's demands shortly after being called a poo poo-hog and perform its final attack of phase one. A huge, nearly screen filling charged laser shot. This can wreck Mikhail's health if it connects. But the generous invincible frames in our dumb baby dragon's roll while moving in the direction of the laser cannon sweep is more than enough to clear the beam with little difficulty. Two can play the i-frame dance, ya ding-dong.

Ezrael seems unable to teleport for a little bit following the beam attack, making it the best time to poor on what limited damage we can dish out with Mikhail before it goes back to the M. Bison routine.

We only need to take it down to 66% health to kick in the next phase of the dragon duel and trigger a mid-battle cutscene.

Zero and Mikhail's difficulty with Ezrael's teleportation is greatly magnified once they venture into the arena of cutscenes where the creature can zero-shift to areas other than directly in front of the rail shooter segment.

Goddammit! How can something that drat big be that drat fast!?

The far more dynamic dog fight goes on for a bit before we are interrupted by something rather unexpected.

There seems to be some manner of screaming in the distance. It sounds like it's getting closer... Listening, it also kind of sounds like ehh...?

Ehh...?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Decadus? How did you get here?

I had Octa give me a boost.
That's... kind of amazing.

Yes. Octa used his man club as a cartoon springboard to launch Decadus 5,000 feet into the air directly onto the back of a dragon in-flight. What of it? Dude wasn't going to get showed up by that stupid ancient dragon hanging loose for everyone. Drakengard! 3!

You appear to be in some trouble.
Yeah, I can't hit this twitchy son of a bitch.
Leave it to me. My angel holds the power to slow down his movements by a considerable degree.
Sounds great. Get on with it!

Err... But if I use such power, I'll go back to being a bird... Unnggh... Your lack of pity is intoxicating...

What, you wanna call it off? <smirk>
Hahaa... You'd deny me this pleasure?

No. I must do this. It is my... reward...

RAAAAARRRGH! Armaros, uphold!

And so Decadus calls forth Armaros the Buttrock Castle for another go at it...

...And he immediately joins Dito and Cent in that big Drakengard 3 birdhouse in the sky.

Tune in next time to find out what transpires when a giant penis with a dragon attached to it comes face-to-face with the world's biggest chastity belt.

Video: Branch D Verse 6 Highlight Reel
(You should probably watch this.)

Ezrael Concept Art – Yep... That sure is a giant hosed-up dragon dick with some spiked cockrings stuck in it... Yep...

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 30, 2015

ThatPirateguy
Mar 18, 2015
That scene with Decadus was probably my favorite in the entire game. That's the thing about branch D in general, the characters interact in much more entertaining ways than the other branches.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

♪Doo-do doo-do doo-do doo-do doo-do doo-do doo~♪

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
If you don't look at it at the giant dong angle, it looks like some kind of menancing spectre when you look at the concept art.

quote:

When you take it out of context, it feels like the two are just being incredibly playful.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
Personally, I can't get over the fact that Decadus proceeds to have a noble sacrifice where he has a welling energy burst from his groin.

Seriously, look at it. Now you will never unsee it.

After watching the video to make drat sure about what I was seeing in the screenshots, all I could think of was "Honestly what else was I expecting?" and "Drakengard! 3!".

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

SageAcrin posted:

Didn't need to be told about it, it was that obvious.

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking Armaros is just going to fall to its doom while the Elderwyrm and Zero look on in shame.

ProjectTrinity
Oct 12, 2012

Because we get things done.
Forgot that this happened. Don't know why Okay yes I do, it was touching in that Drakengard way.

Sighs, I live in a world where that makes complete sense.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Uh. I guess Octa wasn't lying all those times he referred to the size of his marshal's baton.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Thus, for generations, men told women of the legend of the dongapult.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

SageAcrin posted:

Personally, I can't get over the fact that Decadus proceeds to have a noble sacrifice where he has a welling energy burst from his groin.

The funny thing about that image is that, you'd expect that to be how Octa would go out, not Decadus.

Speaking of Octa, he's...got one hell of a "throwing arm". :stare:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Supremezero posted:

:aaaaa:

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

a new not-world record at polevaulting

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

SageAcrin posted:

After watching the video to make drat sure about what I was seeing in the screenshots, all I could think of was "Honestly what else was I expecting?" and "Drakengard! 3!".

Between that, the wyverns, Octa's boost, and our new friend, this has been a very dong-heavy update.

How did it come to the point where that was not an excessively weird sentence to me?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Supremezero posted:

A new weapon story was born that day.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Geostomp posted:

How did it come to the point where that was not an excessively weird sentence to me?

Drakengard.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Octa you're gross. That's gross.

Also, thank you Decadus for confirming to the audience that the Disciples were always just transmogrified pigeons.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

InfinityComplex posted:

If you don't look at it at the giant dong angle, it looks like some kind of menancing spectre when you look at the concept art.

Yeah in the concept art it looks like a nice design and then ingame its just a big swinging dick dragon but you're not even surprised because Drakengard.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

InfinityComplex posted:

When you take it out of context, it feels like the two are just being incredibly playful.

Yeah Decadus seals his spot as the best Disciple just for this little back and fourth between him and Zero.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I increasingly suspect that there's a very good reason why Zero doesn't use song magic, viz it hastens the maturation process of the flowers. Because all she's doing right now is riding Mikhail; she could very well power Decadus' summons if she wanted to.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Decadus just jizzed out an angel.

Drakengard!

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Awwww Decadus just became my favorite disciple. :unsmith:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Rest In Pigeon Decadus you were the best hatoful. That little bit with Zero was great.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SWMadness posted:

Awwww Decadus just became my favorite disciple. :unsmith:

Nngh. :unsmith:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Oh man look at the angle on Armaros; that angel is totally shitfaced. Bad Armaros, you're not supposed to summon and fly while drunk.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

...Didn't Decadus's angel have to be upheld by wyverns to stay in the sky? I'm sort of envisioning that it doesn't come with the air support and it'll just fall straight to the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Goodbye Decadus, you were basically a nice guy whose only major flaw was a weird fetish which pretty much makes you the Drakengard version of Jesus. You will be missed.

• Locked thread