Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Don Gato posted:

Wait, really? And this isn't a DnD 3.5 or Pathfinder game? I mean, I've sunk god knows how many weekends playing both of those and while I love them they are the exact opposite of balanced, and don't actually work that well as computer game systems unless you change a lot because why the hell would anyone think that is a good idea. poo poo, as much as I dislike it 4e would have worked better for a balanced game system because it was designed with something resembling balance in mind.

Yep.

Their site posted:

D20 Rule Set

Worlds of Magic uses the D20 OGL Rule Set for its tactical combat background mechanics. D20 is one of the most prolific rule sets ever used to simulate medieval combat and has literally billions of play hours attesting to its success. It allows us to create interesting units with unique feats, abilities, and statistics while at the same time providing a framework for maintaining balance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

ReV VAdAUL posted:

Just to confirm, if I want to post an image from say the BBC or Giant Bomb or whatever I don't need to rehost on Imgur or the like? Is this just for Games or an SA wide policy?
I can only say what happens within Games, but in here, yeah, BBC or GB is fine. If it's a "big site" site, they usually don't care anymore / there's actually some arguments against rehosting (especially for comics).

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Basically their whole thing was "We don't want to spend the time designing a combat system from scratch so we're just using D20." I wonder how much time they actually save because there's still a fair amount of gameplay design work figuring out how all that applies to a video game and adapting it, and figuring out how to deal with special scenarios where it doesn't apply.

Either way, it made me not want to support them. Using middleware for technical stuff (game engines, audio, etc) is one thing, but extending that into using prefab rulesets for your gameplay systems instead of designing them yourself strikes me as being especially uninspired creatively. What's actually going to be unique about that game?

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 1, 2013

XenoCrab
Mar 30, 2012

XenoCrab is the least important character in the Alien movie franchise. He's not even in the top ten characters.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Basically their whole thing was "We don't want to spend the time designing a combat system from scratch so we're just using D20." I wonder how much time they actually save because there's still a fair amount of gameplay design work figuring out how all that applies to a video game and adapting it, and figuring out how to deal with special scenarios where it doesn't apply.

Either way, it made me not want to support them. Using middleware for technical stuff (game engines, audio, etc) is one thing, but using also extending that to using prefab rulesets for your gameplay systems instead of designing them yourself strikes me as being especially uninspired creatively. What's actually going to be unique about that game?

They should have just re-implemented Master of Magic's combat system and then fixed all the broken parts. I know that's easier said than done, but I actually would have backed them if they were doing that. There really hasn't been a MoM reboot where I've felt that the people doing it really "get" what the important parts of MoM are (hint: it's not "Civilization with spells and tactical combat").

Cirrial
Oct 24, 2012

XenoCrab posted:

They should have just re-implemented Master of Magic's combat system and then fixed all the broken parts. I know that's easier said than done, but I actually would have backed them if they were doing that. There really hasn't been a MoM reboot where I've felt that the people doing it really "get" what the important parts of MoM are (hint: it's not "Civilization with spells and tactical combat").

What do you consider to be the important parts of Master of Magic, then? I have to say I probably never really got into it significantly, but as far as I can tell that is essentially all it is.

Loving the top hat on the giant ship thing. Kinda tempted to back, but I already spent so much money last month on various Kickstarters. I might cool it until I start seeing some (pre-)releases.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

Shalinor posted:

I can only say what happens within Games, but in here, yeah, BBC or GB is fine. If it's a "big site" site, they usually don't care anymore / there's actually some arguments against rehosting (especially for comics).

Ok cool thanks.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Either way, it made me not want to support them. Using middleware for technical stuff (game engines, audio, etc) is one thing, but extending that into using prefab rulesets for your gameplay systems instead of designing them yourself strikes me as being especially uninspired creatively. What's actually going to be unique about that game?

The combat system in MoM wasn't even that complex. There were a few hidden stats (base to_hit and such) but after that it was something like hits landed - defense = health lost, with each individual character in a unit having those stats iirc, so a 2 health spearman unit that has ten figures is 20 health total to wipe out and their damage diminishes with the lost health. It broke pretty badly at higher levels and/or when various enchantments came in to play, but if that game had had multiplayer it would've been amazing, although any game that didn't end fast enough would just devolve in to seeing who could get and cast the Spell of Mastery first because if someone's guarding their main city with multiple godly champions the only way you're going to clear him out is to send in your own, meaning your own main city has 'normal' defenses and if you're attacking someone that's got Nightshade in addition to other defenses good loving luck.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Cirrial posted:

What do you consider to be the important parts of Master of Magic, then?

A big element always ignored is the Magic TG like magic system which allowed choosing spell books at game start and the incredible balance between magic circles. Going whole hog on one circle or spreading yourself thin were both good options with different play styles. The spells also weren't just for combat and could majorly change how you played any of the fantasy races. The races themselves and managing them was a lot more complex than in any of the more HOMM like games I've played.

The Microprose era is my high point in strategy gaming as I think they always found a good balance between grognard hex and simplistic board game levels of complexity. It seems like since then people don't bother finding a middle ground either going crazy niche complex or in fits of streamlining remove half their gameplay. I'd KS the hell out of a game designed by some of those Microprose guys.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

FuzzySlippers posted:

A big element always ignored is the Magic TG like magic system which allowed choosing spell books at game start and the incredible balance between magic circles. Going whole hog on one circle or spreading yourself thin were both good options with different play styles. The spells also weren't just for combat and could majorly change how you played any of the fantasy races. The races themselves and managing them was a lot more complex than in any of the more HOMM like games I've played.

That game is really fun, but if you think there is any balance in the magic your glasses are seriously rosy. It was a sandbox with a hundred different ways to dickslap the AI to death, none of them particularly balanced against one another.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

P.S: consider backing Nelly Cootalot. That guy's cool.
Thanks for recommending this. I've just finished the freeware original adventure which was fun and charming, so this looks plenty worthy of funding.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Megazver posted:

That game is really fun, but if you think there is any balance in the magic your glasses are seriously rosy. It was a sandbox with a hundred different ways to dickslap the AI to death, none of them particularly balanced against one another.

This is what made the game fun though. On the other hand, I doubt it would work well if it was multiplayer capable (if only because of Time Stop). No one would play anything but High Men for their Paladins, for starters.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

FuzzySlippers posted:

The Microprose era is my high point in strategy gaming as I think they always found a good balance between grognard hex and simplistic board game levels of complexity. It seems like since then people don't bother finding a middle ground either going crazy niche complex or in fits of streamlining remove half their gameplay. I'd KS the hell out of a game designed by some of those Microprose guys.

I love the game but magic isn't even remotely close to being balanced in that game. If you go all-in on Life magic you can start the game with spells like Incarnation (ensuring you get your Torin-murders-everything-solo campaign going really early on) and have insane buffs like Lionheart, Righteousness, Invulnerability, and True Sight. You can put those 4 spells on anything and it'll kill things that it shouldn't beat even if you had half a dozen of the unit. Then you have buffs like Crusade and the global enchantments that make any Chaos/Death magic cast have to overcome a 500 strength dispel magic, which is insane. Plus you can do a planar seal, so if you pick an exotic race you just seal yourself away from the other wizards. If one got through (or the game cheated and let someone else start there like they did with Merlin in my game) you bum rush their main city and kill them off after trading spells with them. Starting with a race like draconians is nice; doom drakes can be acquired pretty quickly and they don't gently caress around.

Sorcery is nice for things like dispel and spell lock (which doesn't seem to work because regular dispel hits my enchantments through it, let alone dispel magic true) and such but when you want to setup a force that just lays waste to everything before it you can't go wrong with Life Magic.

I will say that having 1 point in nature is worth it though. Change Terrain saves so much hassle when trying to place cities, especially by adamantite or mithril surrounded by hills/mountains/swamps since you can ensure the city will grow to a 20+ population. Throw on the growth and production city buffs plus an altar of war that you get via life magic and you can end up with a city that spits out elite mithril/adamantite-armed paladins every turn. At that point beating the game's just a formality because the AI sadly isn't very good and enemy wizards never have a force that can contend with something like a full squad of paladins. Even on hard I rarely find an enemy hero that has items on them; perhaps they could at least make their own if they weren't summoning poo poo like war bears or shadow demons non-stop. :sigh:

KuroKisei
Feb 17, 2004
conformist
With the success of the Oculus Rift Kickstarter the and Virtuix's Omni (the omnidirectional treadmill) who are starting a Kickstarter in a few days; it looks there is another new gadget trying to capitalise on the immersion train. :toot:

ARAIG (As Real As It Gets)

It looks like a vest with a heap of vibrating sensors and muscle stimulators. I'm pretty sure that this isn't a new concept (except for the multiple sensors that would need to be specifically accounted for by the game developer), but how well do these things actually work?? Sure the thing sits great on the guy in the demo, but how well would fit the average goon? Also, who the gently caress sticks a big cylindrical subwoofer on the back like that?

Edit: Looks like my two questions are actually answered in the FAQ.

quote:

What sizes does ARAIG come in and are their variations for males and females?
As for sizes we plan on having S-M-L-XL for males and females. The final range that each size covers is dependent on what sizes our community is. With that said there will still be particular sizes that we will not be able to accommodate but we will do our best to ensure everyone who is part of our Kickstarter campaign can get an ARAIG that works for them.

Why isn't the subwoofer integrated into the back more seamlessly? It doesn't look like I'll be able to lean back in my chair with it protruding like that?
So the ARAIG you see in the video is ARAIG Mark 2 and the placement of the subwoofer will change in final implementation. We will have it integrated into the suit so you can actually sit back. We just liked the way that particular subwoofer sounded so we were using it more for the sound quality then the actual design.

KuroKisei fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 2, 2013

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The ARAIG looks interesting, but it really comes down to dev support. If you can guarantee support for a few years it will be amazing, if not it will be useful for all of 6 months until you're stuck configuring it yourself for every game with 'generic' impact zones that don't really match up.

Concepts good, need more info basically.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also how do you wash it? Because drat if it wouldn't get stinky as poo poo after a months wear.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

KuroKisei posted:

With the success of the Oculus Rift Kickstarter the and Virtuix's Omni (the omnidirectional treadmill) who are starting a Kickstarter in a few days; it looks there is another new gadget trying to capitalise on the immersion train. :toot:

ARAIG (As Real As It Gets)

It looks like a vest with a heap of vibrating sensors and muscle stimulators. I'm pretty sure that this isn't a new concept (except for the multiple sensors that would need to be specifically accounted for by the game developer), but how well do these things actually work?? Sure the thing sits great on the guy in the demo, but how well would fit the average goon? Also, who the gently caress sticks a big cylindrical subwoofer on the back like that?

Edit: Looks like my two questions are actually answered in the FAQ.
Ugh, too expensive, been done before (with their generic "supports the sound coming from the game" input), and no one will support it.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

I love the game but magic isn't even remotely close to being balanced in that game. If you go all-in on Life magic you can start the game with spells like Incarnation (ensuring you get your Torin-murders-everything-solo campaign going really early on) and have insane buffs like Lionheart, Righteousness, Invulnerability, and True Sight. You can put those 4 spells on anything and it'll kill things that it shouldn't beat even if you had half a dozen of the unit. Then you have buffs like Crusade and the global enchantments that make any Chaos/Death magic cast have to overcome a 500 strength dispel magic, which is insane. Plus you can do a planar seal, so if you pick an exotic race you just seal yourself away from the other wizards. If one got through (or the game cheated and let someone else start there like they did with Merlin in my game) you bum rush their main city and kill them off after trading spells with them. Starting with a race like draconians is nice; doom drakes can be acquired pretty quickly and they don't gently caress around.

As of the final patch, Sssra starts on the myrran plane unless you're using his portrait, then any one mage might start on the myrran plane just so you can't single book/myrran/famous/warlord/alchemy... your way to a fast spell of mastery win.

Most of the magic is somewhat balanced. Life is great for units, Chaos has hands down the two best buff spells (chaos channels, only way to get actual abilities and no upkeep, and warp weapon? Lowers enemy defense and increases chance to hit) plus the best direct damage spells. Nature has the best summoned monster and the web spell, so it can attack everything. Sorcery dicks with other spells, and has illusions which are great early game. The only one that was bad was death, unless you're playing as trolls. Life is really powerful, especially if you go all life books or warlord and the rest life, but if you aren't playing to just overrun with enchanted guardian spirits then you'll probably find the other magic types more fun and you get some interesting combo's mixing nature/sorcery/chaos.

The game didn't really have to balance the spells against each other because it made each spell category better at different things, and there wasn't any multiplayer. Trying to take MoM's magic system and make it a multiplayer game would be frustrating as hell, because you could pretty easily hand the victory over by taking the wrong combination of spell books and wizard abilities.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Had another look and the first delivery is Dec 2014. A year and a half away.
I want to be excited about this, the promo looks good, but my gut says no... I'd need a whole bunch of AAA title devs to come out for support and even then I'd still have some serious trepidations backing it.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
A gaming impact vest was done not all that long ago: http://tngames.com/products

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.

Carecat posted:

A gaming impact vest was done not all that long ago: http://tngames.com/products

And it is cheaper!
Honestly I do not get this whole VR-thing and why it has risen so much in popularity again.
Oculus Rift actually looks somewhat stable, seems to have good reviews and people enjoy it. Everything else in VR right now just seems... meh. :effort:

And also Carecat, that might be the most beautiful avatar I have ever seen.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

It's people trying to cash in on the Rift's popularity by selling a bunch of secondary gadgets that could be considered accessories to the Rift, the main show. Rift is the actual impressive technology that's going to evolve, get better, and maybe even become mainstream at some point. Everything else is just a bunch of parasites that won't amount to much.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Alright alright I love Microprose games so I probably overstated the competitive balance between the magic circles, but what I meant more was that they attempted to balance the usage of magic towards a variety of play as opposed to it boiling down to a handful of competitive strategies. In fact some of those guaranteed winning strategies are cool because they show how nutty you could get with magic usage (invincible airships!). I also feel like its less the balance of the magic circles that is off, but the AI just can't cope with some of the strategies that players came up with. I can't think of a 4X that doesn't have specific strategies that exploit the AI except those games that do so by simplifying gameplay. It seems like inevitably if you have detailed gameplay there are going to be inventive ways for humans to find strategies to annihilate the AI in a way it can't cope with.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
You know, I remember seeing an omni-directional treadmill at least five or six years ago. Didn't G4TV have that Arena e-sport gameshow that ultimately had an omnidirectional where everyone was on a treadmill like that and had those kind of goggles and stuff for the final match?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
The ARAIG looks like something a couple of thirteen year olds came up with, with a bit of help from one of their dads on the advertising patter. They completely lost it with the STIM system claims-- that sort of thing typically wants direct skin contact, and while electrostim devices are FDA approved they can loving hurt even at minimal amperage if you turn them on or up suddenly, and people's tolerances for that sort of thing is highly variable. It's a class action suit waiting to happen, if it even works.

And Halfling slingers with an enchantment or adamantite weapons were the poo poo. Little bastards were like artillery.

Crash74
May 11, 2009
How where they aiming on the omni? It actually looks kind of cool and it would keep people from being fat asses. But how would it work when your rotating around like a mad man wouldn't you eventually strangle yourself with all the cords coming off the Oculus?

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Bieeardo posted:

The ARAIG looks like something a couple of thirteen year olds came up with, with a bit of help from one of their dads on the advertising patter. They completely lost it with the STIM system claims-- that sort of thing typically wants direct skin contact, and while electrostim devices are FDA approved they can loving hurt even at minimal amperage if you turn them on or up suddenly, and people's tolerances for that sort of thing is highly variable. It's a class action suit waiting to happen, if it even works.

Could you imagine the first kid with undiagnosed epilepsy using that thing?

They'd be in Chapter 11 almost instantaneously. Still, it's a fun concept.

Orv
May 4, 2011

BenRGamer posted:

You know, I remember seeing an omni-directional treadmill at least five or six years ago. Didn't G4TV have that Arena e-sport gameshow that ultimately had an omnidirectional where everyone was on a treadmill like that and had those kind of goggles and stuff for the final match?

There's this, but I don't remember a whole show predicated around a competition with them. Maybe Ultimate Gamer or whatever it was on Syfy?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

It's people trying to cash in on the Rift's popularity by selling a bunch of secondary gadgets that could be considered accessories to the Rift, the main show. Rift is the actual impressive technology that's going to evolve, get better, and maybe even become mainstream at some point. Everything else is just a bunch of parasites that won't amount to much.

Eventually we'll have Nerve Gear and VRMMOs. :japan:

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1748556728/the-untold-history-of-japanese-game-developers

British guy wants to go and create a book detailing the history of Japanese gaming developers. He's written a lot of good stuff in the past and it seems like he's really taking this seriously with his contacts and insistence in hiring professional interpreters, so I think he'd do a good job. First time I've pledged to something in pounds.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

Original_Z posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1748556728/the-untold-history-of-japanese-game-developers

British guy wants to go and create a book detailing the history of Japanese gaming developers. He's written a lot of good stuff in the past and it seems like he's really taking this seriously with his contacts and insistence in hiring professional interpreters, so I think he'd do a good job. First time I've pledged to something in pounds.

Consider extending your new streak by backing Nelly Cootaloot

KuroKisei
Feb 17, 2004
conformist

Crash74 posted:

How where they aiming on the omni? It actually looks kind of cool and it would keep people from being fat asses. But how would it work when your rotating around like a mad man wouldn't you eventually strangle yourself with all the cords coming off the Oculus?

The consumer version of the Rift is rumoured to be wireless.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Original_Z posted:

I'll attest to this - I've been reading Retro Gamer since issue 1.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

KuroKisei posted:

The consumer version of the Rift is rumoured to be wireless.

Also, the Dev Kit only has a single cable roughly the same thickness as one from a regular console controller, so there's not a lot to get tangled in.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
A post-campaign update for TinyKeep went up, we got mentioned in a major way.

TinyKeep posted:

"Something Awful Forums

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3473379

We posted to various game related forums as part of our push to spread the word, but we would like to especially thank the community at SomethingAwful for discussing and supporting TinyKeep without a single word of intervention from us. Although we did not post anything on there - we definitely read all of the mentions and praises, and our stats show a huge amount of pledges coming from this site. Thank you SomethingAwful!

Perpetual Hiatus
Oct 29, 2011

SaltyJesus posted:

A post-campaign update for TinyKeep went up, we got mentioned in a major way.

I'm so glad this got funded, and I wouldn't of heard about it if not for this thread. I even sent him a message when it looked like it wasn't going ahead to tell him not to get discouraged, I think tinykeep has potential to be awesome if he plays his cards right.

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

seorin posted:

There's a good bit more info about the Massive Chalice kickstarter, why it launched "early", etc. that you can read here. The short version is that they like the community feedback aspect of kickstarter, and they want the community to help shape the future of the game. Since they feel the core idea of Massive Chalice is solid enough, now is the right time to start soliciting that community feedback.
Bit late to the discussion, but the last sentence is basically why I put it on the reminder list rather than pledge. I have only the most nebulous idea of what "the core idea" is based on the pitch and references. I kinda-sorta get the Crusader Kings vibe, but not having played that nor any of the other games, all I'm left with are two words: "strategic" and "tactical". I assume they are not just remaking Crusader Kings/Fire Emblem, but in what manner they differ I have zero clue about based on what they have told me.

Soliciting community feedback based on that seems like it is just going to turn into a lot of "like X, but different" bullshit suggestions, understandable only to those who played the other games.

Basically I think it's weird they don't have at least a somewhat firmer grasp of their own game, before they start asking the community for feedback, giving only other games as reference. Heck, a few example of possible gameplay scenarios would go miles. Backers may be good for adjusting the course of a game or feature, but I maintain they, like any committee, suck at designing from scratch.

GhostBoy fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jun 3, 2013

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Perpetual Hiatus posted:

I'm so glad this got funded, and I wouldn't of heard about it if not for this thread. I even sent him a message when it looked like it wasn't going ahead to tell him not to get discouraged, I think tinykeep has potential to be awesome if he plays his cards right.

He just sent out a lovely thank-you update, where SA got a mention:

quote:

Something Awful Forums

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3473379

We posted to various game related forums as part of our push to spread the word, but we would like to especially thank the community at SomethingAwful for discussing and supporting TinyKeep without a single word of intervention from us. Although we did not post anything on there - we definitely read all of the mentions and praises, and our stats show a huge amount of pledges coming from this site. Thank you SomethingAwful!

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

GhostBoy posted:

Bit late to the discussion, but the last sentence is basically why I put it on the reminder list rather than pledge. I have only the most nebulous idea of what "the core idea" is based on the pitch and references. I kinda-sorta get the Crusader Kings vibe, but not having played that nor any of the other games, all I'm left with are two words: "strategic" and "tactical". I assume they are not just remaking Crusader Kings/Fire Emblem, but in what manner they differ I have zero clue about based on what they have told me.

Soliciting community feedback based on that seems like it is just going to turn into a lot of "like X, but different" bullshit suggestions, understandable only to those who played the other games.

Basically I think it's weird they don't have at least a somewhat firmer grasp of their own game, before they start asking the community for feedback, giving only other games as reference. Heck, a few example of possible gameplay scenarios would go miles. Backers may be good for adjusting the course of a game or feature, but I maintain they, like any committee, suck at designing from scratch.

I'd hope their tactic is to reveal stuff like that after pledges start to flag a bit. That said did they ever give much concrete detail during their first kickstarter?

If nothing else the massive chalice pitch has made me very tempted to buy rogue legacy.

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

ReV VAdAUL posted:

I'd hope their tactic is to reveal stuff like that after pledges start to flag a bit. That said did they ever give much concrete detail during their first kickstarter?

If nothing else the massive chalice pitch has made me very tempted to buy rogue legacy.
I didn't follow Broken Age, so not sure. I assume the intention is to release more details as the KS trots along, which is why I flagged it as a reminder than than just ignore it. It could still be a thing, once we know more. It's still an odd choice to not say at least a little more than they did. Maybe they banked on name recognition for the initial surge, and held on to whatever they have planned for game itself to keep the ball rolling through the mid-KS slump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

GhostBoy posted:

If Broken Age is any indication, I wouldn't worry too much. They solicit feedback to make the backers feel all warm and tingly, sure, but then they do their own thing, pretty much.