Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

My next LP might be Star Ocean 3 you never know.

It's certainly mockable and breakable to be right up your alley...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Omnicrom posted:

It's certainly mockable and breakable to be right up your alley...

It's a game I sincerely enjoy. :colbert:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

Which was worse: Reborn or Morally Inept’s confession post?

The second one, obviously. The confession is admittance to a heinous act they committed in the real world. Amythest didn't kill people to use their deaths for a plot event in her romhack.

My next LP might be Star Ocean 3 you never know.

Man, DQ8 is never coming back.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

It's a game I sincerely enjoy. :colbert:

So do I, so it's all the better then!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

RareAcumen posted:

The second one, obviously. The confession is admittance to a heinous act they committed in the real world. Amythest didn't kill people to use their deaths for a plot event in her romhack.

Man, DQ8 is never coming back.
Uh, I may regret asking this, but who is Morally Inept and what confession is being referred to?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Commander Keene posted:

Uh, I may regret asking this, but who is Morally Inept and what confession is being referred to?

If the SAclopedia is to be believed Morally Inept was an aptly named poster who confessed to loving a dog. Like, literally. This person also apparently had a habit of buying people they disagreed with dog avatars and apparently reveled in literally being a dogfucker.

You will be stunned, I'm sure, that they're permabanned.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Commander Keene posted:

A much more apt comparison would be the original Hyrule Warriors for Wii U. An update to the game coinciding with the release of the Master Quest DLC maps pushed the level cap from 99 to 255. Legend mode (the main plot) was done with well before hitting 99 on any character, and hitting 99 on even one character was already a grind. Now the Master Quest DLC requires levels over that in order to succeed. It was not a good end to an otherwise excellent Warriors game. And Reborn doesn't even have that going for it; it's a shitpile all around.

And this is something they recognized in the remasters because everything got much more streamlined for Definitive. Master Quest was only considered a "Normal" difficulty adventure map and you could do most of it with characters in the Level 30-50 range and with Tier 2 Weapons.Tons more content spread out over a wider length of time spent leveling, with added bonuses and ways to make leveling easier.

Reborn on the other hand will never have a rebalancing remaster, so we're stuck with the idiocy that is a level 200 cap.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

FPzero posted:

Reborn on the other hand will never have a rebalancing remaster, so we're stuck with the idiocy that is a level 200 cap.
A finger curls on the monkey's paw...

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012

Elephant Parade posted:

A finger curls on the monkey's paw...

There must already be thirty curled fingers on that drat paw to cover responsibility for Reborn

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Please, I know the real reason for this
A postgame expecting you to go from level 100 to level 200 when the main game takes 18 badges to hit level 100 and was in development for so many years?
That just means it’ll take even longer to finish developing! More episodes! More time to cram Gen 8 in once it releases! And most importantly, more Patreon money!

This is just Amethyst wanting to not kill her cash cow quite yet when she still needs the money for her actual passion project, and raising the level cap is an easy way to keep the player weaker than enemies while requiring very little actual effort to implement

Ignoring that by postgame the player will already have access to pretty much everything but legendaries and maybe a few Z crystals and mega stones, so the only real way to make Reborn’s attempts at difficulty succeed will be making stuff up entirely anyways

“Here’s a new terrain that among other things makes Fake Out end the fight entirely with you the loser, now go find a counter to it or you’ll never capture Mespirit!”

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Oh so that's how they'll keep up their ridiculous level inflation, by adding more levels.

Nevermind it won't work. Nothing this late in Reborn is challenging except for putting me in more and more absurd circumstances.

Or because 90% accuracy moves fuckin suck.

Alright, I gotta say,

This is my new pick for The Most Reborn Possible Moment, the moment where the devs straight up admit that they are out of ideas, and they're just gonna kludge together some bullshit to try and make the post game challenging, rather than maybe have a deep think about why they're in this situation, and maybe that they need to rethink their design philosophies.

Also "Oh we're only upping the cap just this once! We pinky swear we aren't gonna go past 200!" Well what if you overlevel like you did in the main game? and you go too far and thus you hit 200 and you're still not finished? What fuckin then? Guess you gotta fire yourself!

Truly astounding.

Lyumia
Nov 7, 2018

Glutton for Punishment

So, one of the devs working on the level cap replied to my comment on their post and honestly I'm just... Not even surprised at this point that they're really going through with it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gi0hJY5udTT6Q9I8-3XKTeGyS6GK9gjr/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vf-EjH85zaxNhP7s7oLkbXU2PTr0ONgD/view?usp=drivesdk

They didn't even reply to the part about the difficulty :psyduck:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
It says those files are trashed?
Might want to toss them on imgur.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kurieg posted:

It says those files are trashed?
Might want to toss them on imgur.

I can see them just fine.

I'm also not surprised that the people behind Reborn are incapable of understanding why just raising the level cap is not a fix to anything, not to mention how horribly hypocritical it seems in a game that hates grinding and punishes you for wanting levels.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
They weren't loading on my android phone for some reason. It's fine on my laptop.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Faylone posted:

There must already be thirty curled fingers on that drat paw to cover responsibility for Reborn

Maybe the monkey's paw is from that town in Uzumaki. Then it can just curl its curled fingers even further.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

FPzero posted:

And this is something they recognized in the remasters because everything got much more streamlined for Definitive. Master Quest was only considered a "Normal" difficulty adventure map and you could do most of it with characters in the Level 30-50 range and with Tier 2 Weapons.Tons more content spread out over a wider length of time spent leveling, with added bonuses and ways to make leveling easier.

It was resolved even earlier actually: Hyrule Warriors Legends is where the level cap & difficulty got streamlined and they used that version for the continued balancing of HW: Definitive Edition. They also made it so spending Rupees to get from Lv. 1 to 99 was easier and the hardest difficulty levels could still be achieved by anyone around 90-125.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Lyumia posted:

So, one of the devs working on the level cap replied to my comment on their post and honestly I'm just... Not even surprised at this point that they're really going through with it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gi0hJY5udTT6Q9I8-3XKTeGyS6GK9gjr/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vf-EjH85zaxNhP7s7oLkbXU2PTr0ONgD/view?usp=drivesdk

head so deep up his rear end that he can't conceive of anything other than eating poo poo

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

Oh reborn, you're insanity will never cease to be amusing entertaining interesting.

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

Lyumia posted:

Hang on, his name is The Lonely God?

What a goddamn narcissist.

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

Notice that even in the best case scenario that person was thinking of, it's still requiring more than 3x the experience for level 200 relative to level 100? That's a ludicrous amount of grinding and even reducing that slightly doesn't solve the core problem, but they're completely unable to think outside the box.

Adding more levels is a bad idea, let alone this many, especially while keeping levelling curves of a similar structure to the original ones. I'm not surprised Reborn devs don't see the problem, though.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Ame posted:

I hate grinding!

Ame posted:

I want the player to continually be switching new pokemon into their team, this forces grinding and creativity, but mostly grinding.

Ame posted:

I can't create difficulty without adding more levels and forcing more grinding. Don't worry though we'll make going beyond what any pokemon game is supposed to go to a breeze by having getting to level 200 be only 3x as much grinding as getting to level 100 was.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Geemer posted:

Ame posted:

I hate pokemon games!

Ame also posted:

I'm making a really long pokemon game!

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Reborn dev blog posted:

If we're getting to that point and can't increase the challenge without pushing the cap up further then we completely lack creativity and I will personally fire myself.

Heartbreaking. Being so close to a moment of actual self awareness, and yet so far.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Ame posted:

I'm the biggest hypocrite alive!

Thanks, I knew I was forgetting something.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Dammit, I just remembered a line from E16.

Amethyst has had this planned long enough to plant a hint she was going to do it over two years ago.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Dammit, I just remembered a line from E16.

Amethyst has had this planned long enough to plant a hint she was going to do it over two years ago.

...I just made a noise I hope I never make again. I don't know of a single emote to express the way this makes me feel.

Oh wait. Yes I do.

:majorminor:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Black Robe posted:

...I just made a noise I hope I never make again. I don't know of a single emote to express the way this makes me feel.

Oh wait. Yes I do.

:majorminor:

Sometimes you have to go outside of emotes, to, like, this or something.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So, over/under on the final badge capping out at 100 exactly, while the E4 has 120+ mons?

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Remember when we were saying that Insurgence going to 120 was one of the few problematic things Reborn wasn't doing?

WELL HERE COMES THE REBORN TRAIN

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

The Golux posted:

Remember when we were saying that Insurgence going to 120 was one of the few problematic things Reborn wasn't doing?

WELL HERE COMES THE REBORN TRAIN

Remember how Insurgence has a trainer that will repeatable send high level enemies that suicide as their only action?

Luckily, Reborn has cheap rare candies instead. Well, OFS’s does, at least. Sucks for people playing it normally, but apparently this is what they want somehow.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Level 100 is bad enough as far as balance already. Imagine 200 levels, but - and you know this is how they'll do it - EV caps are exactly where they were 100 levels ago, as are the BP of moves, which (if I'm not completely out of my mind) means the gap between base stats becomes more important than pretty much anything else. It's going to be a stupid clusterfuck.

Do the effects of EVs scale linearly with level, or is it that 255 EVs is always worth X amount of stat? Cause if it's the latter, speed tiers are tremendously hosed and Choice Scarves might not be enough for many pokemon anymore.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Lana, Cain and Aya's homophobic mom, is mad at the healing machine in her house for glitching out.

We can't tell her her daughter has been kidnapped by terrorists.

I just had a bunch of chips from seventh street!

It works but now trainers' pokemon are warping to it for... some reason.

Anyway, for the rest of this, we need to use the machine.

Get on a Tauros.

The get chumped.

It says Pokemon Center, but it's actually the last place to run the script Kernel.pbSetPokemonCenter. This is what allows it to connect to, say, the healing machine at Agate Circus.

Or in this case, the Wasteland Hideout.

We're still on the Tauros. Lana takes it incredibly well.

gently caress her, she kicked her own child out of the house for being gay.

I hope this Haxorus gets her.

No, we don't have a Haxorus.

The Tauros works as it did in the Adventurine Woods, hopping up ledges.

I told you have a Volbeat named My rear end glows.

Anyway there's a secret passage behind this tube.

Tauros can jump up ledges even in the caves.

It can't climb a ladder though.

I don't think we're at the point I needed it, just that this is stupidly complicated normally.

...So when could I have obatined this, and why would it have been super loving late for such a bad move?

The Squirtle that guy mentioned way back when is around here.

Blastoise's value, without its Mega Stone, is mostly in phasing and spinning, which don't really work in single-player.

With the Mega Stone I'd almost be tempted to hyper launch poo poo.

Dora Talos has False Swipe, works well if the opponent literally can't hurt it.

hahaha.

What we REALLY need the Tauros for is this.

Then it climbs up THIS ladder.

...This is what we're doing now.

...That there's someone who found this funny depresses me.

This is how we encounter Beldum.

If it can't hit with Take Down it doesn't get recoil.

I could probably figure out my odds but I think it's better to have 18 attempts at 1 HP than 24 at full.

Once this Beldum runs out of Take Down's 20 PP it'll start struggling, you see, and with a catch rate of 3 it's up to luck.

I get it on the 14th Level Ball, so I guess I was on to something.

Apparently, long ago I could've just run up to Craudburry and have her accuse me of the crime I actually committed. Probably could've done before even battling Shelly. I didn't because I didn't think to.

The cop covers for me while Craudburry correctly pins the blame for the theft of her Ponyta on Raven, who stole her Ponyta.

The cop apologizes for Raven being the one who is, accurately, blamed, thinking Craudburry was just blaming the first person who came in the door, instead of the truth which is that Raven is actually completely guilty.

He gives us the long lost bike voucher. Long lost because I didn't want to go back to the place where Raven actually did something illegal.

Even the bike voucher is tragic.

Oh well, here's a bike that's only marginally faster than running.

Jasper Ward, some woman is morose about embarrassing faux pas.

She thought her fiancee was cheating on her and...

Now she realizes the truth... but the ring is in the lake.

It's the diamond ring I found earlier.

How drastic?

Government secrets drastic.

Yikes.

Sure, as one criminal to another.

This room, that's been here since update 3, finally gets to serve its purpose, 100 hours later as promised.

There are a cop and a detective inside, and the detective is sassy.

Unfortunately they easily notice that I'm holding on to government secrets.

Raven is not good at hiding her illegal goods.

The cop, named Seer, tries to fight us. Dumbass, you can just take things from Raven, she doesn't stop you.

After winning, the detective has a little more sass.

And he's Looker, of the International Police.

Looker is the only canon character to appear in Pokemon Reborn.

Anyway why not, they're interpol agents after it and they aren't going to bust Raven for her other crimes.

In exchange, and as an apology, we get a pearl.

Neat.

...How did you, in searching for government secrets, find a pearl?

Oh, yeah, Seer, partnered with Looker.

But he's Looker, as in attractive.

His partner should be named Sexy.

They leave forever more. The woman who gave the confidential files to Raven is never arrested because she ain't no snitch.

A plate is here now too, but for no reason.

The pearl goes to this lady's Spoink.

How interpol found a Spoink's pearl when trying to find government *tosses laptop* secrets is beyond me.

She gives us the crystal ball.

I heard you like *looks at note card* dangit romper well ok.

East side of Jasper Ward.

The crystal ball belongs to a person in here, but we're ambushed by a pair of aces.

The thing shows six, but it's actually eight.

And it's a bunch of junk in random types.

Turns out they were just pretending hoping they'd get cash, and now they have only sour grapes.

"An unexpected guest. How unfortunate... I mean no disrespect. I'm just at a bit of a loss. Have we met? No, no, probably not. Right?"

"Where other people are born with the ability to know things that happened in the past, I am born with the ability to know things that will happen in the future. But for those of us who can see the future, the past and present are a mystery. Nonetheless, I seem to have been in somewhat of a crisis. My fortune has gone missing. Without it, I can see neither the future nor the past. Until I get my fortune back, I am trapped in an evanescent present. But that is why you are here, right?"

(we are)

"Ah, ah, ah~ I feel like myself again. This is the fortune of which I have spoken. Ah? Two goons are discussing how to get at my treasure.How naive. I will give them a warm welcome. And from here... I see. Then I'm supposed to give you this."

For unlocking any R's we encounter along the way There was one in Route 2.

Sure.

"Very well. I will look through my crystal ball again. I would hope that what I see is different this time, as it sometimes is, But I know already that it is not. Ah, ah, ah~"

"This is strange, because you are the only one I will ever see such a thing for. But let me tell you about this world you are not in. During a time that this ward is still garnished with a deadly flora, A boy with a beaded tooth necklace steps forward to destroy the chaos. He earns friends to fight alongside him. A man with spiked bracelets... Another with azure hair... A girl blessed with a sleeping star... And a taciturn woman in a black and red suit. Together, they cut the tainted roots away from this city, Purge poison from the lake, And chase fire from the mountain peaks. And then... The city streets crack, Spiked bracelets splinter in the fissure below. Shining armor strikes, Azure hair is re-dyed red. An enemy of his own blood stands before him, And beaded hope breaks apart upon the tattered stones of a city forced to live up to its name once again. The sleeping star invokes a wish. From there, the suited girl disappears. And that future follows shortly after...."

Well that was odd.

The R key actually belongs to Randall.

Since he can settle back into his home and won't be journeying drunkishly, he gives us his Klefki so it can keep adventuring.

This is Geomancing's great contribution to Reborn so thank him.

Keyfabe is still holding the Sanctum Key it used to bust us out way back when.

Let's use it on this locked door in Subseven Sanctum!

Inside we find a second Dark Material.

And the notes on the Holy field.

Did you know it makes RKS System always make Silvally Dark-type? A commented line in the script says "because science is evil lol"

Six Arceus statues, which I guess is the solution to the Beryl Library books.

And another fuckin text dump.

"Place animosity upon the Lord, and so shall he upon you. This lesson is not an easy one to learn. Some will never fully grasp it. Many will only pretend to."

"I was born to the purpose of Arceus, but I was born blind. Growing up as a boy with no sight in a world like this is no easy task, but of course, I learned to take care of myself.
For some time, that was the only thing I could be proud of. My family was an old one, back from the days when Reborn City was no more than a village around a crater, both of which are since lost underground. When first Arceus' birthplace crashed upon our world, one family set about enshrining it. They would protect it from the world, so that its purity might remain ever intact. This was their life's calling. And this was not my family. Mine came years later, and, finding light in their purpose, swore to serve that family."

"Until it came to me, a defective blind child, who would do more harm than good as a servant. The man to whom I should have been sworn was born some ten years after me."

"He was a raucous youth, never quite satisfied with his life's charge of protecting an old monument. As I understand, for most of his life he resented this purpose, lashing out, as many of the young do, against Arceus. I could understand his feelings. Why, I asked myself, if Arceus is so great, should he have made me this way?"

"As it turned out, Solaris would be the one to show me the answer. A failed vassal, I dared not approach him, and though our fathers were close, mine never allowed me to see the young master as I was growing up. It was not until I was well into a miserable adulthood that we first met. Solaris knew of me, of course. He knew my family was due by lineage to serve his, and he had heard of the blind man, whom others had deemed unfit for his presence. And, as he did with all things, he rebelled. He offered his hand to me. I took it with an oath of servitude. This was not a chance I should have been given. So, I pushed myself as hard as I could to try and have value to my master. But both of us were lordless, lawless men. He had no purpose to serve but fighting his own, and we found common ground therein. Nevertheless, Arceus would reach us eventually. For many years, Solaris questioned, 'Just what does the meteor need to be protected from?' It was already locked up with the four crystal keys. And who would want to defile some old rock anyway?"

"an assailant seeking those very keys. The young master was too late to save them, but just in time to avenge them."

"to hold on to them anymore, And until his lips were too loose to keep secrets. 'Why?!', Solaris cried, over and over. The assailant would tell him rumours he had never believed, of a great power locked within the meteor, lying dormant for years. Whether it was true or not, the thief believed it, and so he grasped at it. 'Why?!', Solaris continued to cry. And so he said, on and on until daybreak, thrashing against the culprit's body for long after there was any soul still there to know it. He was no longer asking anyone other than himself. Why had he refused to listen to his parents? Why had he not seen the danger they were in? Why could he not save them? And believing that he had led to the death of his own parents, For the first time, he strode forward to meet his life's purpose. The Lord will punish those who lack faith. This is what is to be learned from Solaris's tale."

"When my master walked the path of the Lord, so naturally did I have to as well. I would follow my friend, but in regards to faith, my service was half-hearted. Solaris recognized this, and one day confronted me about it."

"vanguarded with his life, in return for my faith. He wished for me, not just to serve him, but to personally share his burden. I accepted this, and resolved to place every ounce of my trust in the Lord, and my friend. When I awoke the next morning, the key still clutched tightly against my chest, I was assaulted by a phenomenon I had never experienced before. Lights, dazzling colors, shapes so blurred I could scarcely recognize the forms I was so used to navigating around otherwise."

"Words cannot describe the feeling of seeing my Master's face for the first time. Or that of seeing my own face. That of finally being able to really understand what words like 'golden' and 'light' meant. Before they were just dreams, but I knew that the Lord-- and my trust in him-- had made it real. The Lord will reward those with true faith. It has been many years since then. I am constantly assaulted with sorrow and worry for the sake of my daughter, and for his son both. I do not wish them to receive any such punishment as my friend did. I wish them both all the blessings of the Lord they have turned from. I fear, too, for each of you.
Though less so, than for each of the heretics above. The city's miserable state is no doubt a result of its divergence from the Lord.Therefore, I implore you, Please, trust in Arceus. Please, guide others to trust in Arceus. Under the Lord's light, may we all see bright futures. Thank you."

I feel like Amethyst is incapable of delivering backstory in any way but journals, sometimes.

TODAY'S RANDOM SHINY:

I feel deeply disappointed in this, somehow. Nowhere you could've gone but this?

Lyumia
Nov 7, 2018

Glutton for Punishment

DiggleWrath posted:

Hang on, his name is The Lonely God?

What a goddamn narcissist.

Uh, no that's me. It's based on a Daoko song...

Whoops

Lyumia fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Feb 20, 2019

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Raitzeno posted:

Level 100 is bad enough as far as balance already. Imagine 200 levels, but - and you know this is how they'll do it - EV caps are exactly where they were 100 levels ago, as are the BP of moves, which (if I'm not completely out of my mind) means the gap between base stats becomes more important than pretty much anything else. It's going to be a stupid clusterfuck.

Do the effects of EVs scale linearly with level, or is it that 255 EVs is always worth X amount of stat? Cause if it's the latter, speed tiers are tremendously hosed and Choice Scarves might not be enough for many pokemon anymore.

4 EVs = 1 Stat Point. They'd need to extend the amount of EVs you can get in order to get any more stats and even then I think you'd have them all by level 100. Before then, even.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Lana, Cain and Aya's homophobic mom, is mad at the healing machine in her house for glitching out.

We can't tell her her daughter has been kidnapped by terrorists.

I just had a bunch of chips from seventh street!

It works but now trainers' pokemon are warping to it for... some reason.

Anyway, for the rest of this, we need to use the machine.

Get on a Tauros.

The get chumped.

It says Pokemon Center, but it's actually the last place to run the script Kernel.pbSetPokemonCenter. This is what allows it to connect to, say, the healing machine at Agate Circus.

Or in this case, the Wasteland Hideout.

excuse me?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I just...

I hate this game so much. Why can't I stop reading?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

rannum posted:

excuse me?

I think it's a glitch that Amethyst not only kept in but based a sidequest around.

Nothing suggests this would happen if you tried it except the guide on the official forums.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

TODAY'S RANDOM SHINY:

I feel deeply disappointed in this, somehow. Nowhere you could've gone but this?

I kind of like it. What's the problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!

rannum posted:

4 EVs = 1 Stat Point. They'd need to extend the amount of EVs you can get in order to get any more stats and even then I think you'd have them all by level 100. Before then, even.

Isn't that only at level 100, though? Otherwise you'd have low-level Pokemon wandering around with vastly inflated stats if they had a decent amount of EVs.