Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Hobo Clown posted:

Just have him pet a regular size dog then, no one would loving care

Christ

I mean a direwolf rocket breeder expert on the internet would have cared, but at that point we would have pointed and laughed at him instead of the "stands next to the trash and doesn't get belly rubs" scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Last episode is a spinoff pilot.

Hot Pie's Home Cookin'

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Guze posted:

Hot Pie's Home Cookin'

You're goddamn right.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Guze posted:

Hot Pie's Home Cookin'

Iron Throne Chef

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

"I'm sure no one will notice the Starbucks cup we forgot to take out of the shot but god help us if we don't have perfect continuity on direwolf size"

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
The real direwolf was the friends we made along the way.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

That Italian Guy posted:

The real direwolf was the friends we made along the way.

But we all hate each other itt

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Crow Jane posted:

Expectations: subverted.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Mat Cauthon posted:

Yeah it's not just reddit/SA/etc, a lot of people are disappointed with how this season has gone down. There was no way to satisfy every one but they've done a good job of burning a lot of good will.

This is probably the reason D&D have been spending the past year saying the ending won't please everyone. It's not a statement about where the story goes but preempting criticism about the quality.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Crow Jane posted:

I like y’all okay

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Crow Jane posted:

Nonsense! I love you guys!

OR DO I?!

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

lezard_valeth posted:

Also gently caress off everyone involved in producing this show at this point, they are so up their asses they are incapable of accepting they can make mistakes at all

"the episode was not too dark, you are a hobo and have a lovely tv"
"we weren't saving budget by having the characters not interact with the CGI, we thought it was more emotional that way"
"it was not fanservice, you are an 8 year old idiot who thinks stories should have a theme and you just had your expectations S U B V E R T E D!"

Came here to post this, but you said it better than I could.

lezard_valeth posted:

I am going to go watch the Sonic movie twice out of respect for the director being mature enough to own up to the backlash

But not this. Jesus, dude. Don't torture yourself.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Who would she parley with? Anyone and everyone who runs the 7 kingdoms after the show if she wins? The idea that after the story ends, everything will be chill is even dumber than my posts. That is the last possible thing this fantasy suggests

Didn’t read the rest go back to lovely dlc

She'll be the queen afterwards, you dolt. She won't need to parley with her vassals, she'll summon them to the throne if she wants to talk to them.

You didn't "read" the rest because even you can't think up reasons why it's not terrible writing. It's fine if you personally enjoy lovely writing, but your attempts to convince people it's actually good are laughable.

Good zing though, you go back to whatever boring poo poo you do too. I have no clue who you are :shrug:

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

Holy poo poo Missandei's actress is a fox

Also lol I think Emilia's clear unhappy laughter kinda confirms the direction of Dany for me. Her face is just :shepface:

You know that's her genuine reaction too cause she can't act for poo poo

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Seriously I can't understand why I can't stop watching this goddamn show.

I never understood characters succumbing to a doomed prophetic curse until now.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

Nothing else really scratches the same itch, imo :shrug:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Crow Jane posted:

It's like heroin, but like the reggie of heroin. (i have not done heroin)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

It's like a trainwreck, it rhymes.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

Yeah I’ve been looking around for another medieval feeling show, either period piece or fantasy, and I haven’t been able to find anything compelling except the monk detective show from the 1990s, Cadfael. I even tried watching that Kit Harrington gunpowder plot thing for general period piece vibes and couldn’t get through it

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Wolf Hall, the Last Kingom, Black Sails, Vikings if you've never seen it, off the top of my head.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

That Italian Guy posted:

Wolf Hall, the Last Kingom, Black Sails, Vikings if you've never seen it, off the top of my head.

Last Kingdom frustrated me because I despised Uhtred by the third season, but Wolf Hall looks good. Vikings I’ve wanted to watch but can’t find the Swedish original version anywhere

Black Sails is new to me and looks like Frontier which was good...enough so I’ll check it out, thanks

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Wasabi the J posted:

I never understood characters succumbing to a doomed prophetic curse until now.

I keep watching because I know it has an end. Comparatively, I stopped watching The Walking Dead years ago.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Frog Act posted:

Black Sails is new to me and looks like Frontier which was good...enough so I’ll check it out, thanks

Black Sails starts a bit slow but grows a lot; Vikings is probably the opposite. If you haven't liked The Last Kingdom you'll probably dislike Vikings as well, cause Uthred is kinda Ragnar 2.0.

Black Sails is only 4 seasons long and has managed to scratch the period piece+intrigue+pulp hitch I had.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Mat Cauthon posted:

Yeah it's not just reddit/SA/etc, a lot of people are disappointed with how this season has gone down. There was no way to satisfy every one but they've done a good job of burning a lot of good will.

A small part of me believes the reaction wouldn't be this bad if we also didn't have to wait two years for this poo poo

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

nooneofconsequence posted:

I keep watching because I know it has an end. Comparatively, I stopped watching The Walking Dead years ago.

like eight years ago there were all these shows that people described as the platinum era of television and talked about things like we were entering some kind of cinematic renaissance. since then all of those shows became/have become baffling ordeals with like, a barely coherent sense of their own narrative and characterization. TWD, Dexter, Game of Thrones, uh, I'm sure there are some other examples but those are three of the inexcusable ones. it happened really early too, i stopped watching TWD at the end of season 3 because the gunfight was just too much (I was surprised to discover it was lifted straight from the comics when I read them this year) and recently tried to watch the fourth season. i had to fast forward through huge parts of it because like 70% of the show is inconsequential dialogue in too-dark rooms, 20% is walking in the woods, and 10% is extremely implausible action (which were the only parts really worth watching). how did all of these shows go so bad so quickly after making so much money?

i guess Breaking Bad ended well at least

That Italian Guy posted:

Black Sails starts a bit slow but grows a lot; Vikings is probably the opposite. If you haven't liked The Last Kingdom you'll probably dislike Vikings as well, cause Uthred is kinda Ragnar 2.0.

Black Sails is only 4 seasons long and has managed to scratch the period piece+intrigue+pulp hitch I had.

cool, thanks. i actually really like anything set in an underrepresented historical period, since most historical drama is predictably generic and eurocentric. unfortunately usually that means authenticity (nevermind accuracy which is less important) kinda goes out the window, what i really want is a show that treats a non-european setting with the kind of seriousness european medieval dramas often get. but pirates and fur traders are an acceptable substitute

Frog Act fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 7, 2019

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

smoobles posted:

This poo poo is almost over.

Wrong it is just Bran dreaming of how to win now we have to go back to where he was pushed out the window and do it for real.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Guze posted:

Hot Pie's Home Cookin'

I would watch this food network show.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Frog Act posted:

cool, thanks. i actually really like anything set in an underrepresented historical period, since most historical drama is predictably generic and eurocentric. unfortunately usually that means authenticity (nevermind accuracy which is less important) kinda goes out the window, what i really want is a show that treats a non-european setting with the kind of seriousness european medieval dramas often get. but pirates and fur traders are an acceptable substitute

Be advised, Black Sails mixes real and fake characters in its story, but the story itself is "realistic" even when dealing with imaginary characters.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 7, 2019

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Starks posted:

It’s important to remember that the disappointment of the fourth book turned a bunch of people into internet hate-wraiths who actively told more people to read the books, slowly pushing them towards the same hopeless wrath that they felt during hundreds of pages about darkstar and Doran. Now that the show is insanely popular, GRRM actually found a way to spread this sickness into the real world by manipulating the low iq D&D into botching their own show, infecting everyone from blue checkmarks on twitter to the nice old lady at your office. He won’t finish the books and when he dies the true long night will descend upon us, the death of pop culture.

We were the wights all along and GRRM is the night king. And there’s no Arya to save us.

Haven’t I seen you around my college holding signs about the end of the world

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

It's way different than a lot of the shows that were mentioned, but Harlots is pretty good.

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

Frog Act posted:

I have heard good things about Kingdom on Netflix, though I haven't watched it yet. It's medieval Korea + politics + zombies, so it seems like it might scratch a Game of Thrones itch.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Black Sails is absolute trash (outside a handful of scenes) and nobody should ever watch it

e: loving land pirates barely ever leave Nassau.

One or two seasons into Black Sails they realized their machiavellian main guy was a completely unlikeable, backstabbing, friend murdering, crew killing piece of poo poo lying murderer and they try to clumsily, hamfistedly jam in this motivation that is absolutely laugh out loud pathetic

Delthalaz fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 7, 2019

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Who would she parley with? Anyone and everyone who runs the 7 kingdoms after the show if she wins? The idea that after the story ends, everything will be chill is even dumber than my posts. That is the last possible thing this fantasy suggests

Didn’t read the rest go back to lovely dlc

So basically your argument is one of the main architects of the Red Wedding wouldn't want to win the war in a single dishonourable day because of :decorum: ?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Just imagine the directors gave the tiniest of shits and had Dany/drogon out of range

But I still don't get why she let Tyrion live,too bad there's no time to explore the character of cersei and understand her mindset

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

That Italian Guy posted:

i loving love last kingdom, i'll recommend that too

uhtred is such an rear end in a top hat but drat if i dont love him

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Delthalaz posted:

Black Sails is absolute trash (outside a handful of scenes) and nobody should ever watch it

One or two seasons into Black Sails they realized their machiavellian main guy was a completely unlikeable, backstabbing, friend murdering, crew killing piece of poo poo lying murderer and they try to clumsily, hamfistedly jam in this motivation that is absolutely laugh out loud pathetic

He was never supposed to be likeable or even really the main character Long John Silver is.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Darkrenown posted:

She'll be the queen afterwards, you dolt. She won't need to parley with her vassals, she'll summon them to the throne if she wants to talk to them.

You didn't "read" the rest because even you can't think up reasons why it's not terrible writing. It's fine if you personally enjoy lovely writing, but your attempts to convince people it's actually good are laughable.

Good zing though, you go back to whatever boring poo poo you do too. I have no clue who you are :shrug:

God dammit your zing was better :(

I will go back to buying your poo poo while making bad drunk posts about my favourite dragon show.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Delthalaz posted:

I wouldn't say it's a perfect show, but this feels kinda excessive :v: Also Flint is as much the hero as Daenerys is, imo.

It's a Starz series, it's kinda like Spartacus in the Caribbean with a bit more character development and less fake blood squibs. I liked it better than Frontier - that was mentioned by the OP - and they are kinda similar in several ways.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

God dammit your zing was better :(

I will go back to buying your poo poo while making bad drunk posts about my favourite dragon show.

Well now I feel bad. Look, we both enjoy making bad drunk posts about dragon shows, let's not be rude about it :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Lowly posted:

I have heard good things about Kingdom on Netflix, though I haven't watched it yet. It's medieval Korea + politics + zombies, so it seems like it might scratch a Game of Thrones itch.

So they already launched the Song Of Ice And Fire Yi Ti prequel, Lion of Night?