Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Two words: Bibi Dahl.

I love Live and Let Die but gently caress Sheriff Pepper. And I really want to like Man with the Golden Gun but it's ruined by Pepper coming back AND THE loving SLIDE WHISTLE.

THE SLIDE WHISTLE

Also, Howl-O-Scream Tampa has a Death Water Bayou haunted house and one of the rooms is a bunch of mannequins imitating a New Orleans street funeral procession where you need to walk under the casket being carried. Immediately made me think of the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
That's actually kind of cool.

And seriously, how do you gently caress the most awesome car stunt ever with a slide whistle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzCIbhLUUA0

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

That's actually kind of cool.

It's indeed very cool. The room is inside a warehouse but you don't really notice the ceiling and lights when you're in it. You're walking through a crowd of decently realistic mannequins dressed up as mourners and holding umbrellas (with some real actors hiding in the group) and then there's six of them holding the casket, which you have to duck to walk under. All the while a somber funeral procession is playing in the background.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Concept Art, Production and Gadget shots and background information

007 Legends tries to dish out information about the Bond series in bite-sized portions, and forcing you to replay levels, by collecting items strewn about the levels and by completing secondary objectives and/or trials.

In general, the items relating to people will have some connection to them. For instance, Auric Goldfinger's golden revolver or a model of the plane he uses at the end of Goldfinger (the movie), but there are also other items just lying around: Cellphones, dossiers, wallets and usb drives. Generally speaking, the dossiers and USB sticks will contain info regarding the different criminal organisations you're fighting and the cellphones and wallets fill out the different bios you can look at.

The info is nice if you know literally nothing about the different characters, wish to refresh your memory or look for little tidbits that the movies may have glossed over or omitted.

The game also has trials that are sometimes neat, sometimes total crap. Completing them and generally collecting things unlocks concept art, production shots from the movies or photos of the different gadgets used by Bond, in their respective movies. I've kept them all in their original sizes save a small few in case anyone wants them. I would say it's pretty cool to have unlockable content but you can't unlock anything for your gameplay and, as far as I know, there's cheat codes but they don't do much aside from unlocking some weapons or characters for multiplayer. Forgotten are the days of Paintball mode and DK mode. :smith:

Also, Eurocom, was there nothing you could do about the text over the art assets you try to show off? Or even an export function or something? No wonder you guys went under.

Goldfinger

Auric Enterprises

Concept Art

Production Shots

Gadgets and Props

** I had some wallpapers of the different characters for the Goldfinger missions but I seem to have misplaced them, will upload them later tonight.

Wow I'm a little late on putting these up, sorry guys!

:swoon:

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Oct 21, 2014

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Which is the Bond movie that jumped on the Jaws bandwagon? Because I remember seeing a bit of a Jaws ripoff on TV a while back and then feeling utterly confused when James Bond showed up in the middle of it.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Which is the Bond movie that jumped on the Jaws bandwagon? Because I remember seeing a bit of a Jaws ripoff on TV a while back and then feeling utterly confused when James Bond showed up in the middle of it.

The Spy Who Loved Me

:rimshot:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

RIP Richard Kiel

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hedrigall posted:

Hey, what's with all the hate for Tomorrow Never Dies on the first page? That movie is amazing. It has an excellent villain plot: a Murdoch-like media mogul who uses a stealth-boat and GPS hacking(?) to trick China and the UK into starting a war, so he can sell a poo poo ton of newspapers. And he's played by Jonathan Pryce! gently caress I love that movie. Better than Goldeneye, in my opinion.

Pryce is basically the only good thing in TND, though. Yeoh and Brosnan go through the motions and Teri Hatcher is awful. If you want a better movie where Pryce is a megalomaniacal supervillain, GI Joe: Retalliation has him playing Zartan pretending to be the US President. (So you get a terribawesome American accent from Pryce too)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

As in which one had a shark? Live and Let Die had the famous "slow dip into the shark tank" sequence, and For Your Eyes Only had a shark appear during deep sea diving if I remember.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

chitoryu12 posted:

As in which one had a shark? Live and Let Die had the famous "slow dip into the shark tank" sequence, and For Your Eyes Only had a shark appear during deep sea diving if I remember.

How could you forget THUNDERBALL! With Tom Jones, no less!

Also, License to Kill has sharks.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

How could you forget THUNDERBALL! With Tom Jones, no less!

Oh yeah, ThunderBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I also have no clue how I forgot Leiter getting his leg chomped. I am ashamed.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

chitoryu12 posted:

I also have no clue how I forgot Leiter getting his leg chomped. I am ashamed.

The penalty for your crimes is to watch the entire collection on Blu-Ray with a sweet surround sound system.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The penalty for your crimes is to watch the entire collection on Blu-Ray with a sweet surround sound system.

But I've already watched it all on Blu-Ray!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

chitoryu12 posted:

But I've already watched it all on Blu-Ray!

Then how did you forget!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Jobbo_Fett posted:

License to Kill sounds right. I remember it took place in Florida, at least the part I watched, plus I didn't realize the one guy was James Bond until someone called him that (no offense to Dalton, but two films does not a recognizable Bond make).

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

License to Kill sounds right. I remember it took place in Florida, at least the part I watched, plus I didn't realize the one guy was James Bond until someone called him that (no offense to Dalton, but two films does not a recognizable Bond make).

Yep, that would have been License to Kill. It's one of only three Bond films to ever go to Florida (the other two being Thunderball and Goldfinger).

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I always thought Tomorrow Never Dies was a terrible Bond film.

Elliot Carver wasn't a memorable villain (don't get me wrong, I'm sure Jonathan Pryce is a good actor, but I don't think this role was one of his best), his motive was pathetic, all he wants is to make his newspaper popular and control all media? They might as well call it 'James Bond Vs. Rupert Murdoch'. Say what you will about Hugo Drax in Moonraker, at least his motive sounded more diabolical...even if the movie was going overboard and Jaws somehow found himself a girlfriend.

The song accompanying the film was awful, I never thought Sheryl Crow was that great of a singer, and the violins (especially at the start) sounded like they weren't giving a poo poo, it's they knew the film wasn't that great so they put in no effort at all.

Also, I personally never liked the BMW 750iL, I thought there were way better cars than that.

Hedrigall, you honestly don't know what you're talking about.

Junior Jr. fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 17, 2014

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Junior Jr. posted:

Also, I personally never liked the BMW 750iL, I thought there were way better cars than that.

I just re-watched TND and seriously, that car looks like it dates from the 70s. And I'm not sure if I find it weirder that Jaws speaks or that he finds himself a "pipi longstockings" girlfriend.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I just re-watched TND and seriously, that car looks like it dates from the 70s. And I'm not sure if I find it weirder that Jaws speaks or that he finds himself a "pipi longstockings" girlfriend.

I'll admit, I liked the Z8 in TWINE, just because the body looked cool.

There are a couple of things I wanted to clear up about Jaws.

1. That film shows why people only liked him for his teeth and not his voice.

2. Is it also weird that they were trying to make us feel sympathy for Jaws?

3. If you think Jaws speaking in Moonraker was bad, don't even get started with his counterpart in James Bond Jr.

4. I don't know how his 'girlfriend' even got a place in Drax's space station, but I don't want to know what their kids would look like.

Junior Jr. fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 17, 2014

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Junior Jr. posted:

2. Is it also weird that they were trying to make us feel sympathy for Jaws?

3. If you think Jaws speaking in Moonraker was bad, don't even get started with his counterpart in James Bond Jr.

4. I don't know how his 'girlfriend' even got a place in Drax's space station, but I don't want to know what their kids would look like.

Honestly, Richard Kiel's voice is pretty cool, I just never understood why he speaks at the end of the movie in a VERY pointless scene with a throwaway line.

James Bond Jr. never happened. (I've never bothered watching it)

I'm more questioning why the man who wants "The perfect human specimen" would pick goldilocks. Jaws was a henchman/bodyguard so he gets a by, blondie does not.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Junior Jr. posted:

Richard Kiel's voice is a treasure.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

He was the best actor in Eegah! I'm not even being ironic.

(WATCH OUT FOR SNAKES!)

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012

I remember there used to be a whole bit that Bond was scare of sharks. Like, it was even a factor in the instruction manual of the Sega Genesis game, James Bond 007: The Duel. That was Dalton era, for what it's worth.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I'm not saying Richard Kiel has a bad voice (of course it's amazing), I'm just saying it didn't suit his character.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Is anyone else a big fan of the 1990s Gameboy James Bond game?

It's pretty drat awesome. Never got past that desert though :argh:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Sef! posted:

Like, it was even a factor in the instruction manual of the Sega Genesis game, James Bond 007: The Duel. That was Dalton era, for what it's worth.

Man every time a Bond game gets LPed I am always reminded of that game :allears: sure it wasn't "great" but it was a James Bond video game and at the time that was pretty sepcial

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Hedrigall posted:

I loved that one as a kid. I'm not sure if it was actually a good game, but it was really fun as a kid.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Hedrigall posted:

That game was bastard hard. Navigating Marrakech was a nightmare.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Junior Jr. posted:

I'm just saying it didn't suit his character.

It suits him a lot more than what Eurocom does to him. He deserved better...

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Jobbo_Fett posted:

It suits him a lot more than what Eurocom does to him. He deserved better...

That's what EA Redwood Shores/Visceral did for him in Everything Or Nothing...but every other developer forgot that example.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Junior Jr. posted:

I always thought Tomorrow Never Dies was a terrible Bond film.

Elliot Carver wasn't a memorable villain (don't get me wrong, I'm sure Jonathan Pryce is a good actor, but I don't think this role was one of his best), his motive was pathetic, all he wants is to make his newspaper popular and control all media? They might as well call it 'James Bond Vs. Rupert Murdoch'. Say what you will about Hugo Drax in Moonraker, at least his motive sounded more diabolical...even if the movie was going overboard and Jaws somehow found himself a girlfriend.

The song accompanying the film was awful, I never thought Sheryl Crow was that great of a singer, and the violins (especially at the start) sounded like they weren't giving a poo poo, it's they knew the film wasn't that great so they put in no effort at all.

Hedrigall, you honestly don't know what you're talking about.
I just rewatched TND the other day and the dialogue in that script is terrible. It also has some weird tonal problems throughout. I do like the use of the BMW though. Certainly an improvement over most of the use of the Z3 in Goldeneye being removed in editing.

The interesting thing is, I also assumed Carver was based mostly on Rupert Murdoch (especially since Fox News went on the air not long before this movie came out), but apparently the main writer said he's more based on this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Maxwell

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Mission 02: Goldfinger - Fort Knox

I just want to point out that, when you don the night vision goggles, they couldn't be assed to bother removing the lights from the level. All the lights are still on, they still are casting little beams of light and still glowing just like they did before the power went out.

The only thing your night vision does is making the image noisy and green.

I mean, sure, I can understand leaving the light sources in because you don't want to deal with coding up "real" night vision and dealing with a moving light source, but you could at least remove the lighting effects around the light sources.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Expecting the developers to have actually done anything right was one of the biggest mistakes I made when I started playing this game.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

FlamingLiberal posted:

I just rewatched TND the other day and the dialogue in that script is terrible. It also has some weird tonal problems throughout. I do like the use of the BMW though. Certainly an improvement over most of the use of the Z3 in Goldeneye being removed in editing.

The interesting thing is, I also assumed Carver was based mostly on Rupert Murdoch (especially since Fox News went on the air not long before this movie came out), but apparently the main writer said he's more based on this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Maxwell

It's weird how Carver's based on him and not Murdoch. I mean Maxwell does cover a lot of ground with some of those publishing companies (especially the Mirror newspapers), but then again, those companies only cover the UK, what Murdoch was seizing was covering way more than that, he was owning companies left and right, covering countries like the UK, USA, Australia, and parts of Europe. I think at one point he had to be stopped because he was basically buying out the entire competition in the media industry.

This is why I'd imagine Murdoch to be more diabolical, how he owns several companies (especially popular ones like the Fox Network), and if you know the Fox News Channel (which might as well be the biased, televised equivalent of Der Stürmer), he might as well be a dictator besides being a billionaire.

You'd think the News Of The World closing down would be the beginning of the end of his reign...but there's far more where that came from.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Even though I can't record off my PS3, I really want to know how the Skyfall portion ties things together. But considering all the hub-bub about 007 Legends, I feel like my wrapped copy belongs in a museum.

Chaos, get a copy for your wii so I can guilt you into recording stuff for me! :v:

:suicide:

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Even though I can't record off my PS3, I really want to know how the Skyfall portion ties things together. But considering all the hub-bub about 007 Legends, I feel like my wrapped copy belongs in a museum.

Chaos, get a copy for your wii so I can guilt you into recording stuff for me! :v:

:suicide:

Well speaking as someone who has already played 007 Legends, I can tell you the Skyfall mission is really not worth it...but here goes.

If you've already seen Skyfall, then you know Bond lives, despite falling from a very large height. But the explanation to how he actually survived is complete bullshit, thanks to Eurocom's writing skills...(and Purvis, Wade, and Logan should also be slightly blamed for this). According to the game, after Bond gets shot...he apparently gets washed ashore (judging how far he is from land to the water, it looks ridiculous), regains consciousness (even though he just took a shot to the chest) and somehow his clothes are still dry. How he even gets back, I don't want to know.

Then there's Shanghai and Bond fights Patrice (once again, I'm assuming you've already seen the movie, so I don't have to explain this), one thing I have to point out about this mission...if you're playing it on 007 Classic, good luck fighting this fucker off. He'll most likely keep getting cheap shots at you, there are very small windows of opportunity for you to wear down his health, your P99 doesn't have enough ammo to fight the first half of him, so you have to find an MI6 case to keep shooting him down, and he loves to throw grenades and flashbangs at you.

Once you do finally defeat him, that's it...the game's finished. The extra mission's just an excuse to play through a small portion of the movie, then watching the rest in the cinema at the time. There's really no point in playing it other than to add it to the rest of the missions and finally having the whole game. Goldfinger, OHMSS, Licence to Kill, Die Another Day, and Moonraker make up 95% of the game, while Skyfall makes up 5%.

Junior Jr. fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 21, 2014

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Junior Jr. posted:

Well speaking as someone who has already played 007 Legends, I can tell you the Skyfall mission is really not worth it...but here goes.

Hahahahahahaha, gently caress Eurocom and Activision.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Junior Jr. posted:

If you've already seen Skyfall, then you know Bond lives, despite falling from a very large height. But the explanation to how he actually survived is complete bullshit, thanks to Eurocom's writing skills...(and Purvis, Wade, and Logan should also be slightly blamed for this). According to the game, after Bond gets shot...he apparently gets washed ashore (judging how far he is from land to the water, it looks ridiculous), regains consciousness (even though he just took a shot to the chest) and somehow his clothes are still dry. How he even gets back, I don't want to know.

Then there's Shanghai and Bond fights Patrice (once again, I'm assuming you've already seen the movie, so I don't have to explain this), one thing I have to point out about this mission...if you're playing it on 007 Classic, good luck fighting this fucker off. He'll most likely keep getting cheap shots at you, there are very small windows of opportunity for you to wear down his health, your P99 doesn't have enough ammo to fight the first half of him, so you have to find an MI6 case to keep shooting him down, and he loves to throw grenades and flashbangs at you.

Once you do finally defeat him, that's it...the game's finished. The extra mission's just an excuse to play through a small portion of the movie, then watching the rest in the cinema at the time. There's really no point in playing it other than to add it to the rest of the missions and finally having the whole game. Goldfinger, OHMSS, Licence to Kill, Die Another Day, and Moonraker make up 95% of the game, while Skyfall makes up 5%.

Are you loving making GBS threads me, They could have made fun levels out of the courtroom, the tube, and for fucks sake, Skyfall manor fight is practically a Cod set piece, it could have been fun. If you are going to make a cod clone, then at least aim for giant awesome set piece moments. also where are the hell are North Koreans in the die another day levels.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

pengun101 posted:

Also where are the hell are North Koreans in the die another day levels.

You see them right after Graves' "demonstration"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Mission 03: Alpine Valley

Countess Teresa, played by Diana Rigg, was the love interest of James Bond in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service". In the movie, Teresa and Bond cross paths several times which ultimately leads James to meeting with her father Marc-Ange Draco, played by Gabriele Ferzetti. In the film, Bond requires Draco's help to get close to his nemesis, Blofeld :argh:, and in return Bond must marry Teresa to quell her rebellious nature.

While Lazenby isn't my favorite Bond, I really like OHMSS and I think the supporting cast really helps the movie. As for the characters in the game, Teresa looks almost exactly like Diana Rigg but isn't voice by her. I guess she's too busy playing... Lady Olenna Tyrell?! Holy poo poo, that's awesome!

This level, however, is not.

• Locked thread