Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I keep using Bowsette in these polls or is the meme dead
This poll is closed.
Bowsette will never die 73 23.03%
Please stop, it stopped being funny months ago 34 10.73%
Same as a above but I want to add it was never funny 47 14.83%
I really don't care either way 25 7.89%
Bowsette 138 43.53%
Total: 317 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Cool, a new monthly chat thread with another dumbass poll. Love it, just crazy about those stupid polls.

bushisms.txt posted:

Really annoyed with this situation that I've been facing. I've never been able to live a normal life, since I was raised in the streets. So I pretend like I watch all the local sports teams, but all the twitch streams I watch got me spouting memes. I'm a pretty good gamer, in WoW I'm a rare mount tamer, and my guild's discord is my new home. But I'm 33, don't know if I'll make it to 34, I think I'm a slice or two away from stroke. Why are we always so blind to see that the ones we hurt are you and me?

These are great nerdcore lyrics.

Jay Rust posted:

I’m embarrassed about this, but last month I asked the thread for recommendations for meaty RPGs on Switch, but I’m having trouble finding the post and the subsequent replies. Um so, what are some meaty RPGs available on Switch?

Octopath doesn’t seem so great, and I already have the Final Fantasies on PC or iPad, what are some other good ones?
Chocobo's Dungeon, and maybe look at Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i even knew about that lovely atari revival thing but the first time i hear about an intellivision revival is for a fuckworm jim reboot, lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

well if it includes the entire original team it includes doug tennapel and gently caress that guy

I am not familiar with him and I am almost afraid to ask what he did.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I said come in! posted:

born again christian what hates the gays for living in sin and also biotruths for trans people

i guess "born again" is kind of a misnomer because he's always been super into biblical allegories/christianity from the get go, it just seems to have metastasized over the course of the past 20 years.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

I said come in! posted:

Per Wikipedia: As of 2018, TenNapel has expressed support for the Comicsgate movement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comicsgate

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

born again christian what hates the gays for living in sin and also biotruths for trans people

i guess "born again" is kind of a misnomer because he's always been super into biblical allegories/christianity from the get go, it just seems to have metastasized over the course of the past 20 years.

So hard pass on anything with him involved. I already wasn't interested in this new console, it sounds bad. Intellivision was my first ever game console, i'll hold onto those childhood memories and not have them ruined.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Atari and Intellivision consoles confuse me. This is one of those times where I can't actually think of the target audience, like how many people have nostalgia for those names anymore?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So Intellivision is gonna court and be the gamergate console.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Isn't the Atari thing just a retro 2600 or something? Also I liked Earthworm Jim when I was a kid but I don't know why I would care about it now, especially with Tennapel being lovely and bad.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Electric Phantasm posted:

The Atari and Intellivision consoles confuse me. This is one of those times where I can't actually think of the target audience, like how many people have nostalgia for those names anymore?

I used to have a decent sized Intellivision collection that I got on-the-cheap something like ten years ago or so, but had zero nostalgia for it (my first video game experience was the NES in the late '80s). It was an interesting curiosity, but it really did feel like the in-between of an Atari 2600 and a Colecovision. Namely, it was games that looked and played like 2600 games but with terrible controls like the Colecovision. Ended up selling that whole lot a few years ago to an older friend who did have nostalgia for the platform and broke even on that exchange.

Based on that friend and others who were around for that platform, the nostalgia seems limited to hardware and software from that era. The name being used on newer products means absolutely nothing, if Atari is anything to go by.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I hope Rage 2 is fun though if it isn't I probably just keep playing Mortal Kombats along with FFTactics A2 which I just got for my 3DS. Loved the first GBA one so I'm looking forward to playing that on long commutes along with some Castlevanias

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Any news about Rage 2 review embargo?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

A lot of people must've played Earthworm Jim on SNES where the aspect ratio is smaller and the music sucked.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Now I'm just thinking about how Sacrifice had an earth god in it who was a worm named James.

I mean, yeah, same company, but I still thought that was cute.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

FirstAidKite posted:

Now I'm just thinking about how Sacrifice had an earth god in it who was a worm named James.

I mean, yeah, same company, but I still thought that was cute.

And his ultimate spell was throwing cows.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Housh posted:

Any news about Rage 2 review embargo?

it's a Bethesda published game so my guess is that there will be zero reviews for day of release. The hands-on vids have all been really good so far but yeah Bethesda is a moron company that didn't learn a single thing from DOOM

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh no mordhau came out but i don't want to buy it because i just bought sekiro and overcooked 2

al-azad
May 28, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

it's a Bethesda published game so my guess is that there will be zero reviews for day of release. The hands-on vids have all been really good so far but yeah Bethesda is a moron company that didn't learn a single thing from DOOM

I think they did learn with DOOM, or probably more specifically Fallout 76 that people will buy their poo poo day 1 regardless.

Except for Prey but they were pretty timid about revealing what that game was truly about until like a month before release.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Weird given it was their best game in a while

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

quote:

About Intellivision Amico: Intellivision Amico, launching October 10, 2020, is a home video game console designed to bring social fun back to the living room. Amico is the Italian word for “friend” or “buddy” and Intellivision Amico encapsulates this meaning fully with a home entertainment system that has multiplayer, togetherness at its core. All new games as well as reimagined classics coming to the system invite up to eight to play using easy to use controllers and even mobile phones. Designed to appeal to a broad audience from nostalgic gamers to families, all titles will be rated E for Everyone or E10+ making it a great addition to everyone’s home.For more information, visit https://www.intellivisionentertainment.com.

This vibration feels super similar to the OUYA "Nobody plays games on the TV anymore" shtick from before this current console gen kicked off.

"Nobody plays games together anymore!"

Edit:

https://twitter.com/jbu3/status/1123591207601487873

Is this thing even real? Is it a grift? Is it a...real grift?

One big thing that feels different about right now compared to the waning days of last gen is that there's no real "Are traditional consoles obsolete?" fud going around. So there's not even that for any potential investors to read and get snookered into supporting this thing.

Viewtiful Jew fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 1, 2019

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

al-azad posted:

I think they did learn with DOOM, or probably more specifically Fallout 76 that people will buy their poo poo day 1 regardless.

Except for Prey but they were pretty timid about revealing what that game was truly about until like a month before release.

thanks for reminding me that Fallout 76 likely sold millions more than Prey. Arkane was posting work for "microtransaction" poo poo at some point last year so I fear for their future. They already lost the co-founder so it's just Harvey Smith but I trust that guy enough.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The future of gaming is an Atari Jaguar with two iPods shoved into it?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haveblue posted:

The future of gaming is an Atari Jaguar with two iPods shoved into it?

This is actually inspired by the original Intellivision.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

This is actually inspired by the original Intellivision.

Was this the one where you could slide little plastic sheets over the numpads there and it would show you the specific controls for the game you were playing?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

Was this the one where you could slide little plastic sheets over the numpads there and it would show you the specific controls for the game you were playing?
that's right, and then you'd lose them or buy used games and never have them in the first place, and have no idea how to play anything

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Viewtiful Jew posted:

One big thing that feels different about right now compared to the waning days of last gen is that there's no real "Are traditional consoles obsolete?" fud going around. So there's not even that for any potential investors to read and get snookered into supporting this thing.

Err, streaming only services and Google Stadia?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yep. My old Intellivision collection had CIB games with those plastic sheets still in the boxes which made games more playable. I couldn't imagine trying to play anything without them since there were no in-game controls from what I remember.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

intellivision controller is still better than the atari jaguar controller though

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://youtu.be/xokUnn1lBGA

This whole thing feels like a monkey paw-style wish punishment for the posts I made years ago as a teenager saying, "drat Tommy not every game has to be a gigantic 3D cinematic experience with an orchestrated soundtrack."

Edit:

Rarity posted:

Err, streaming only services and Google Stadia?

I guess, but even with those among most of the gaming population there doesn't seem to be any real concern that this is "The last traditional console generation" as we know it. It just feels a lot more positive right now compared to 2012.

Viewtiful Jew fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 1, 2019

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

He also writes, or at least used to write, for Breitbart.

Edit: Here's an article about it from many moons ago. He's also a misogynist, to no one's surprise.

GUI fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 1, 2019

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
why is tommy tallarico launching a weird console

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

RBA Starblade posted:

Also nthing gently caress Tennapel

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Kurtofan posted:

why is tommy tallarico launching a weird console

Get VC money, pay yourself a nice salary, never release an actual product so you're off the hook for any long term support.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The hardest part about watching the borderlands gameplay premier, besides not caring about the game, is hearing the commentators praise randy. Just gross.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I have an especial loathing for Tennapel because I really, really loved the Neverhood as a kid and its soundtrack, so finding out he's that brand of alt-right creepcrap was a deep souring

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think he even got terry s. taylor back for his stillborn attempt to rebirth the neverhood, armikrog, so clearly he's someone who's willing to work with someone like tennapel and that sucks

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

That's before the Hot Skitty on Wailord Action.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Should I get this?
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1123651824886530048

I think I might be up for a "Multi-gun Battle RPG" that defines fate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice