Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unguided posted:

Pretty sure that one wasn't Groverhouse. Still hilarious.

Yes read the posts before that one plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
poo poo this 3 page thread which is mostly pics is just too big to catch up on gently caress reading anyone's posts imma just quote pics lol I'm a human being

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Load bearing drywall and inslated stairs are two of the greatest contributions to SA TBH.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

grover gets the last laugh, his house was so bad it destroyed lf

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

here's the basement pool thread. this was the OP for those without archives:

quote:

I have a 5000 gallon above ground pool in my basement. It feels nice down there but the water is freezing. I have a tiny rear end pump on it right now that kind of flows water but I'm wanting to heat the hole pool to a reasonable temperature.

For reference. [dead image links in the post]

I want something cheap that won't melt the pool as it is rubber. I know I'm not the only person out there with a pool in their basement.

LOL even grover could tell it was a terrible idea:

quote:

Just chiming in to tell you this is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS, both to your house and to your life! It may sound good on the surface, but is very shortsighted and a horrible idea. Seriously, if you want a basement hot tub, get a basement hot tub. Drain the pool, and put it up outside next summer instead.

Problems I see:
1) Lethal electric shock from the light right over the pool
2) Lethal electric shock from non-GFCI receptacles
3) Broken glass from the light right over the pool
4) Mold from the humidity
5) Rot from the humidity
6) Flood damage from constant splashing
7) Severe flood damage from when it inevitably leaks
8) Structural damage from rot stemming from ignored flood damage
9) Loss of value of your home leading to be unable to sell it

At the very least, install GFCI on your basement receptacle string ($15, maybe $30 if there are two strings) replace the light above the pool with one that's rated for damp conditions and more damage resistant, and buy a dehumidifier.

And to answer your question: Do nothing. Do absolutely nothing. It will warm up to room temperature on its own, you don't have to do anything but wait.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
here's another basement pool picture:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

here's another basement pool picture:

lol

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
wrt old mods why was mccaine bad, I mean before the

quote:

Can't help but find Vilerat dying in Benghazi due to a mob kind of fitting. The ultimate revenge of the 'laughable Xhosa girl"
tweet

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

So are all you LF types still stalking him and taking pictures of his house after all these years?

nah, that's what google street view / bing streetside is for. this is what groverhaus looks like nowadays:

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DetroitVectorSmooth posted:

nah, that's what google street view / bing streetside is for. this is what groverhaus looks like nowadays:

lmao at that awning

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

I know that's not black mold on the siding but drat

grover put your thumb over your garden hose and powerwash that poo poo

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Axetrain posted:

Should really be emphasized how he wasn't military but was upset that he wasn't considered some honorary member or some poo poo by GiP. He literally thought that since he was a contractor that enlisted people should salute him as an officer also that he should be granted all privledges of an O-6 since that is what he said he is equivalent to lol.

I heard all this before but what was his actual job. what was he contracted to provide?

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

jalopybrown posted:

tweet

I think he had a thing for underage/teen boys. Might be confusing him with another poster.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Nckdictator posted:

I think he had a thing for underage/teen boys. Might be confusing him with another poster.

I dont think he could be a mod if he was into kids

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

jalopybrown posted:

tweet

what's bad about that? viletat's death was practically kismet

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Oberleutnant posted:

I dont think he could be a mod if he was into kids

Maybe in bizarro world

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Oberleutnant posted:

I heard all this before but what was his actual job. what was he contracted to provide?

The F35.

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

Nckdictator posted:

ya he argued that the age of consent should be lowered to 12 or something and posted pics of him/his bf in bdsm gear

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

well now it just looks like most rebuilt houses in the shitass Tidewater suburbs tbqh

the mismatched windows are lol tho

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Load bearing dry wall

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Grovers fetish

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
wasnt laughable xhosa girl evilweasel

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
in the beige room
with mismatched windows
near the swampland

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

comes along bort posted:

in the beige room
with mismatched windows
near the swampland

better than the red wheelbarrow

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Frostwerks posted:

wasnt laughable xhosa girl evilweasel

nah that was viletat

evilweasel just bitched about nelson mandela being a common criminal who should've spent the rest of his life in prison

naem
May 29, 2011

I'm the dirt driveway/yard/parking lot

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
pro click http://fishmech.info/grovercraft.htm

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

UNNNNNNGGGGHHHHH YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS. I just came all over the place. It was like a firehose.

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

well now it just looks like most rebuilt houses in the shitass Tidewater suburbs tbqh

the mismatched windows are lol tho

if you like mismatched windows check out the diagonal window arrangement on the side

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Posting in a goatstein thread.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

if you like mismatched windows check out the diagonal window arrangement on the side

hahahahahaha

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Ew it's covered in petroleum jelly.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Grover literally lived in a place called the Great Dismal Swamp.

kashmir
Jul 1, 2003
the guy

loooool I haven't seen this angle

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Corek posted:

Grover literally lived in a place called the Great Dismal Swamp.

You could've just said he lives in Tidewater. One sentence means the same as the other.

Although the actual Great Dismal Swamp is a pretty kickass nature preserve.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Goddamn lol

So when groverhaus disintegrates into the swamp can he expect to have a fun time with the insurance since he signed off on his own house inspection?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Grover what the gently caress :lol:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i know nothing about buiding houses. nothing. my first attempt would look nothing like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Jesus loving Christ All Mighty :lol:

You know, groverhaus reminds me of a child's interpretation of what a house looks like drawn.

Only, you know, this kid's house is probably more structurally sound and practical.

• Locked thread