Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
WHAT IS A DRACULA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
my favorite second life thing was that logansryche guy from the bitcoin thread who ran a bitcoin business where he took care of your secondlife virtual animals for bitcoin

50% to him 50% to improviing his service and 50% to something else

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
http://town-of-salem.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire

???

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Puntification posted:

Be the jokephase you want to see ##vote bk

Whoa this is a lovely rear end real vote

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
he bites you at night, and then you have to ttalk in spoilers or you die from sun exposure

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

imgay posted:

Oh yeah last role is something unique i came up with, its a 3p reserve jester thats role is to not get lynched and live to the end of the game.

hahahahahahaha

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
the last role is something super unique i came up with that no one has ever heard of: you win when all threats to the town are eliminated in this unique roll

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
i call it the reserve scum

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
ok the night kill in this game has been changed

instead of killing someone, the mod posts in the thread which player tried to kill which player at night

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
i call it the reserve night kill

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
innovation in mafia, we are witnessing history folks, the snailbiter will be the goto mafia setup for all mafia games moving forward

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ex. vampire pm

Deez nutz

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you bite dudes at night make them have to talk in spoilers or they blow up. u also want to kill other dracula to be best dracula. u win when everyone vampires and you only alpha vampire

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, looking over the joke phase posts, I have a very strong gut read that Puntification is scum: ##vote Puntification

Puntification posted:

I'm going to bed immediately after this but in on the ground floor.

In this pre-game post, we can see Puntification already making excuses for why he is not going to be able to post when the game starts. This is scummy because we want players to make a great effort on d1 to hunt, find, and eliminate scum and dracula. Without Puntification's presence in the thread, he can sit idly by while the town lynches anyone who isn't him. Big tell with this post.

Puntification posted:

I am the king of the snails bow down mortals

Here Puntification is buddying up to the flavor to try to gain cred with the mod and other players. I bet that he also PM'd a forum moderator to let them know that he really liked their last probation and felt it was well within the spirit of the Something Awful Forum Rules.

But this post is the killer.

Semper Fi

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Puntification

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Does evil exist?

The university professor challenged his students with this question. Did God create everything that exists? A student bravely replied, "Yes, he did!"

"God created everything? The professor asked.

"Yes sir", the student replied.

The professor answered, "If God created everything, then God created evil since evil exists, and according to the principal that our works define who we are then God is evil". The student became quiet before such an answer. The professor was quite pleased with himself and boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.

Another student raised his hand and said, "Can I ask you a question professor?"

"Of course", replied the professor.

The student stood up and asked, "Professor, does cold exist?"

"What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?" The students snickered at the young man's question.

The young man replied, "In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (-460 degrees F) is the total absence of heat; all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have no heat."

The student continued, "Professor, does darkness exist?"

The professor responded, "Of course it does."

The student replied, "Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact we can use Newton's prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."

Finally the young man asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?"

Now uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course as I have already said. We see it every day. It is in the daily example of man's inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil."

To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is not like faith, or love that exist just as does light and heat. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

The professor sat down.

The young man's name — Albert Einstein.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

merk posted:

Ok, looking over the joke phase posts, I have a very strong gut read that Puntification is scum: ##vote Puntification

In this pre-game post, we can see Puntification already making excuses for why he is not going to be able to post when the game starts. This is scummy because we want players to make a great effort on d1 to hunt, find, and eliminate scum and dracula. Without Puntification's presence in the thread, he can sit idly by while the town lynches anyone who isn't him. Big tell with this post.

Here Puntification is buddying up to the flavor to try to gain cred with the mod and other players. I bet that he also PM'd a forum moderator to let them know that he really liked their last probation and felt it was well within the spirit of the Something Awful Forum Rules.

But this post is the killer.

Semper Fi

actually, i'm scum

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Tremendous Taste

ok.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

imgay posted:

you bite dudes at night make them have to talk in spoilers or they blow up. u also want to kill other dracula to be best dracula. u win when everyone vampires and you only alpha vampire

how did JakeP know this

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm telling winv to cancel now smh

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

JakeP posted:

he bites you at night, and then you have to ttalk in spoilers or you die from sun exposure

how did you know this is what a dracula is

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote JakeP

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dracula is a well known role i created in a previous game

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
was jake in that game

thanks for helping me out, mod

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm telling winv to cancel now smh

Flailing!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
When I first saw "smdh" on Facebook, I Googled "what is smdh"

Just old man things.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

you bite dudes and they have to talk in spoilers or else the sun melts them

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote merk pretending he doesnt know what a dracula is

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Oh boy vanilla. Why cant i get good roles. Someone tell me who to vote.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

##vote merk pretending he doesnt know what a dracula is

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

Oh boy vanilla. Why cant i get good roles. Someone tell me who to vote.

this man is not my scum buddy

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
well since there is only 1 scum no one has a scumbuddy so your story checks out

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Who is scum

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

JakeP posted:

i think imgay is a good mod who tells the truth

:vince:

Quandary posted:

Who is scum

hello

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Quandary posted:

Who is scum

I think Gamerofthegame has made it pretty clear.

It's me.

And also Punt.

And also Gamer.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
OK ##vote bottle knight

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
msgis id drtioud nudinrdd.

merk
May 20, 2003