Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok I'm just going to try baby steps here.

Activate Hangar Bay to launch self in Assault Raptor to Charlie North
Launch unmanned Viper into Bravo North
Play Executive Orders on PMush

I think this is all ok :ohdear: Podima, if I can't specify which part of Bravo/Charlie to launch into or if I screwed up that card play then let me know. I'm trying my best to understand the rule pdf but it's complicated and I don't want to hold the game up by being confused.

Some Numbers posted:

Your's. You picked Starbuck. Deal with it.

I just wanted to get drunk and flip off Colonel Tigh :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Some Numbers posted:

You can look at the reference in Podima's second or third post and find the text of those cards. They're not relevant right now.

Ah, this was really confusing me. Thank you!

Some Numbers posted:

Also, make sure you know what your loyalty card means. Ask Podima if you don't.

I know what not being a cylon is, thank you very much :colbert:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
There's only one part of each sector and you can only launch into Echo and Foxtrot.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Also, general rule, when you play a card like that, specify the number on it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I am a dumb dumb

Activate Hangar Bay to launch self in Assault Raptor to Echo
Launch unmanned Viper into Foxtrot
Play Executive Orders on PMush

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Some Numbers posted:

Also, general rule, when you play a card like that, specify the number on it.

Leadership-1, thank you

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Why XO PMush? It's a perfectly valid choice mind you, I'm just curious what your reasoning is.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
One caveat is that you can only launch yourself and unmanned Vipers into FOXTROT or ECHO - no worries on mixing that one up, as it's much more visible on the actual board, and is not very clear when just reading the rules. Another option when activating an unmanned Viper is to move one that's already in space to an adjacent sector - for example, moving the one in ECHO back to DELTA to screen the civilian ships that are there, as I think someone else suggested.

Otherwise everything in your actions is legal, albeit the standard way to denote your Official Actions is using the ##action syntax. It's also useful to say the card number along with the name, as both LEA-1 and LEA-2 Executive Orders exist and some insane people try to card-count.

If you can confirm what sector you'd like to launch into (FOXTROT or ECHO) and what you'd like to do with your unmanned Viper activation, we should be good to move forward! :) Again, don't worry, you're not holding the game up or goofing anything up.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i am slow :derp:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Podima posted:

i am slow :derp:

:rice:

Why the hell isn't that named ":2fast:"?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
One thing nobody actually mentioned yet is that there are three types of Vipers:

Regular Vipers, you have 5 of them (2 are already launched at game start), when being attacked they are damaged on a roll of 5-7 and outright destroyed on a roll of an 8 using an 8-sided die.
Viper MkVIIs, you have 3 of them, when being attacked they are damaged on a 6-7 and destroyed on an 8, and they can move 2 spaces instead of just 1 when moving.

Assault Raptors (which still count as Vipers), for reference, are outright destroyed on a 7-8, and can stay in space when the fleet jumps (everything else is removed from the board, your Vipers land back in Galactica). You only have 1, but there are cards/events that can give you additional ones.

Rarity, what kind of Viper would you like to launch with your CAG action?
The default is probably a MkVII, but I figured this would be a good opportunity to go over the different types. By the way, there's a nifty table in the reference posts that outlines the differences between the different ships.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

PMush, I swear to the Gods of Kobol that if you frakking reveal on this XO...

I will laugh my motherfrakking rear end off. That would be the worst reveal.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

I just wanted to get drunk and flip off Colonel Tigh :negative:

Also fwiw this is a perfectly good reason to pick Starbuck!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Just make it a regular Viper and roll for DEFCON. Let's find out if we can make Rarity's turn even more information overload.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Also I'm bored at work and I want this thread to sustain me for the next four hours until I can go home.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Some Numbers posted:

Just make it a regular Viper and roll for DEFCON. Let's find out if we can make Rarity's turn even more information overload.

If I don't hear from her by the time I'm back with my delicious taco dinner, that's what I'll do.

BUT I DON'T GET TO ROLL FOR DEFCON TILL PMUSH TAKES HER ACTIONS!

Action Queue:
==> Rarity (CAG Starbuck): Viper Decision
==> Poison Mushroom (Gaeta): Move/Action or Action/Action

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
For future reference, XO may not have been the best move, but I was probably the best choice. XOing "backwards" like that means that if whoever you reveal goes "HAHAHA I AM A ROBOT", then people have time to react before their turn comes up.

That being said, I guess I'll jump on the guns.

##action Move to Weapons Control and pew pew at the Basestar
##play Tac-4 StratPlan

:black101: Die, toasters, die!

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
weapons control????????

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Friction.123 posted:

Why XO PMush? It's a perfectly valid choice mind you, I'm just curious what your reasoning is.

I was amused by her pew-pew post.

##Normal Viper I'd rather save the premium ones till we really need them.

What does rolling for DEFCON mean?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Pegasus CIC is so much of better option with a strat plan it's not even funny

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
By the by so everyone knows, I'm UK based so I have live and sleep by GMT time. I'll be checking the thread as best I can (work permitting) but I'm normally going to be asleep by midnight.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Friction.123 posted:

Pegasus CIC is so much of better option with a strat plan it's not even funny
:doh:

Rarity, this is why you don't rush actions. Because even if you're human, you could be an idiot like me and overlook something totally obvious.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
even when pegasus didn't exist nobody used weapons control

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
weapons control, strat plan: 25% miss, 75% damage basestar
cic, strat plan: 12.5% damage galactica, 37.5% damage basestar, 50% damage basestar twice

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

fits posted:

even when pegasus didn't exist nobody used weapons control
My logic was "hey, DEFCON makes it dangerous to jump away from Basestars, my power is kinda useless! But wait, if the Basestar is damaged, then DEFCON won't be as bad!"

Forgetting about Pegasus is just me being an idiot, though. :j:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
also with this defcon houserule we can't damage pegasus unless someones standing on it

in short, :mad:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Poison Mushroom posted:

Forgetting about Pegasus is just me being an idiot, though. :j:

ive seen that game before. don't think ive forgotten kitchen sink :argh:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

God dammit, I really hecked up. :cripes: Is it too late to change my answer?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

As Admiral, I authorize to change.

Godsdammit PMush

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

God dammit, I really hecked up. :cripes: Is it too late to change my answer?

You have like ten minutes before I resolve the turn!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Rarity posted:

What does rolling for DEFCON mean?

To answer this, we're playing under a specific set of rules called DEFCON. Basically, at the conclusion of each turn, Podima rolls an 8 sided die. If the roll is less than the current DEFCON number, DEFCON degrades by 1 and we draw a normal Crisis.

If the roll is greater than or equal to the current DEFCON number, the CAG (that's you!) draws two Cylon Attack Cards (CAC for short) and chooses one to resolve.

I hope you're ready.

(If CAG gets too stressful for you, you are allowed to use one CAG Action to give it away. Make sure you give it to someone you trust.)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

##move to Pegasus CIC
##discard LEA-1 Major Victory
##fire at Basestar
##play TAC-4 StratPlan

There. I think that's right?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry about the delay!

Starbuck chomps down on a cigar and launches her new shiny Assault Raptor into space, ordering a nugget out after her in a boring old Viper! She (LEA-1 XO) radios in for Gaeta to get a move on, those toasters won't explode themselves!
Gaeta catches a quick shuttle over to Pegasus, and coordinates a strategic assault on the Basestar in your airspace! 1d8+2=4+2=6! ONE HIT! WEAPONS DISABLED!

DEFCON Check: 1d8=6!
DEFCON decreases by 1 to 6.

While she's patrolling, someone radios Starbuck about a secret poker game scheduled for later! Will she try to coordinate extra patrols to cover her absence, or just drag someone else along to play cards for a bit?

quote:

CRISIS: Secret Meetings

Current Player Chooses:
Skill Check: POL/TAC/ENG = 9
PASS: No Effect.
FAIL: -1 Morale.

OR

The current player draws 1 Mutiny Card. Then, he chooses a player to draw 1 Mutiny Card.

POST CRISIS: Activate Raiders, +1 Jump Prep

Action Queue:
==> Rarity (CAG Starbuck): Crisis Decision

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Remind me of the difference between treachery and mutiny?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

So! Skill Checks.

Remember how I said your cards aren't relevant? Well, now they are. Each card has a skill type (POL/LEA/TAC/PIL/ENG/TRE) and a value (0-5? 6?).

If you choose the Skill Check, we will all play any number of cards facedown. Those cards will be combined with two "random" cards and then tallied. The types listed count as positive, all other count as negative. If the final total equals or exceeds the target number (9, in this case), we get the PASS effect. If the total is lower, we get the FAIL effect.

Or you can choose the OR and take a Mutiny card. Mutiny cards generally have two effects, one that's beneficial and one that's less so. If you ever have two Mutiny cards, you are immediately sent to the Brig. This is bad.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Poison Mushroom posted:

Remind me of the difference between treachery and mutiny?

Treachery is a Skill type and Mutiny are like Quorums with downsides and you get Brigged for having two.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Some Numbers posted:

Those cards will be combined with two "random" cards and then tallied.

It is worth expanding on this - at the start of a game, 2 cards from each deck (including the Bad Skill Card Deck, Treachery - which counts as negative for nearly all checks and does mean stuff besides) are shuffled together to form the Destiny Deck. This is meant to represent your destiny toying with your fate - sometimes in your favor, sometimes not. Two cards from this deck are added facedown to each skill check - this creates uncertainty and makes it difficult to figure out who might have played what.

Once the Destiny Deck is emptied (after 6 Skill Checks) it's rebuilt with another 2 cards from each deck.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
By the way, thank you for doing that, SN - that's very useful.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I like the OR in this case, since none of us have a lot of cards to throw around l think. What about you guys, anyone feeling confident?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Podima posted:

By the way, thank you for doing that, SN - that's very useful.

See, I can give unbiased rules advice!

*grumble*

• Locked thread