Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
Voting'll close in about 24 hours.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also I didn't understand how IDing items works. Do all items appear un-ID'd? Do you need to ID every item, regardless of if you had one of their kind before?

FredMSloniker posted:

Basically, every time you enter a new dungeon, everything's rerandomized, so you have to start all over with identifying. The exception, if I remember right, is that if you bring something into the dungeon, anything identical to it is also identified. (So bringing a map card into the dungeon will let you recognize other map cards.) Of course, bringing stuff into the dungeon means fewer slots to bring stuff out...

This. To use an example, say you're in the dungeon and you pick up a fizzy tonic. You drink it, and find out it's a potion. You then leave the dungeon, either via Teleport Tag, getting killed, or beating the boss (To be very pedantic, leaving the dungeon is what re-randomizes everything, but there's only one un-ID'd item you can pick up outside of a dungeon, and it's a one-time fixed drop). When you re-enter, potions might now be glowing tonics, and fizzy tonics might be poison. Anything in your inventory is ID'd when you leave, and stays ID'd when you re-enter, so if you have a potion going in, you'll recognize them when you pick them up inside. This means that keeping a potion and ID card in your inventory each time you go into a dungeon is a good way to avoid having to play the ID game for those basic items.

There are a few items that are always ID'd, like empty bottles, rocks, and tags, and essences never get un-ID'd once you find out what they do, but those are all specific cases.

Since this is the first time Kwehry has left the dungeon, I'll be going over this stuff again next update. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread