Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

theflyingorc posted:

Not great at math, are we?
(50 / 2) + 7 > 30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Pick posted:

it's pretty novel to start with the predators and work backwards

If they limited their targets to only backers of their own kickstarter I'd support them.

Not financially, of course. They'd have my moral support.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Elysiume posted:

(50 / 2) + 7 > 30

For some insane reason, I ran the numbers on my head, got 32, and decided that since that was bigger than 30 it was a good thing. I was enforcing a rule to make people creepy I guess. Good job, creepy me brain

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

theflyingorc posted:

Not great at math, are we?

The claim is that she's 30, he's 20 years her senior.

So he's 50.

Half of 50 is 25. Plus 7 is 32. Meaning she fails the half plus seven rule.

How did you manage to make her fit the half age plus seven?

edit: didn't see the new page.

Bubble-T posted:

If they limited their targets to only backers of their own kickstarter I'd support them.

Not financially, of course. They'd have my moral support.

Worried they might target you?

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Masonity posted:

Worried they might target you?

No I'd just never financially support them regardless.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Bubble-T posted:

No I'd just never financially support them regardless.

Why are you trying to protect sexual predators? :foxnews:

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
You can now dance with hot girls with confidence. No more unpredictable erection.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
If you don't have a rager at all times you're doing life wrong.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

$2 donation tier nets you a beautiful postcard designed by his girlfriend. She likes to draw! :sun:

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

The sad thing is, I don't even think this is the first kickstarter based on that concept. There was another one that was some sort of magic underwear for strip clubs.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Xandu posted:

The sad thing is, I don't even think this is the first kickstarter based on that concept. There was another one that was some sort of magic underwear for strip clubs.

I think that one had the opposite effect, wherein the underwear had a slick, "lube-like" texture that helped you cum from a lapdance.

I can't believe I just typed that.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

:lol: That loving mockup

Its like a dick-halo

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Is that The Gentleman No-Boner around your crotch or are you just happy to see me?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Isn't the erection both predictable and half the point?

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
Can't read.

Nyarai has a new favorite as of 18:13 on Apr 20, 2015

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
:cripes:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
The Boner-Be-Gone Belt doesn't seem like it would prevent an erection so much as force your boner upwards.

What you really need is one of those old-timey chastity devices that were essentially an iron maiden for your dick.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

It looks like a rigid dong shell. So you'll always look like you have a boner and therefore plausible deniability.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

dijon du jour posted:

The Boner-Be-Gone Belt doesn't seem like it would prevent an erection so much as force your boner upwards.

Yup. Which is just the 'ole "strangle it with your belt" trick.

Except for this to work you'd have to wear this loving dickbelt around all day, just in case you get an erection where you can't handle it.

It HAS to be a joke.

dijon du jour posted:

What you really need is one of those old-timey chastity modern bdsm devices that were essentially an iron maiden for your dick.

I've spent too much time on the internet.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

dijon du jour posted:

What you really need is one of those old-timey chastity devices that were essentially an iron maiden for your dick.

http://www.maturemetal.com/

I dont recomment plastic ones.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Zaphod42 posted:

:lol: That loving mockup

Its like a dick-halo

The proportions suggest that either the wearer is incredibly obese or his dick and balls are tiny.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

You're assuming it's not both.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
The gently caress is this idiot even talking about

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

quote:

This started when I was in 10th grade...I haven't touched the project in three years

This person is legally an adult.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

He wants you to pay him for his DeviantArt-grade drawings of pokemon, when you can go to deviantart and get 400 better drawings of any given pokemon for free.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Nintendo Kid posted:

He wants you to pay him for his DeviantArt-grade drawings of pokemon, when you can go to deviantart and get 400 better drawings of any given pokemon for free.

Why is he even bothering to do this on Kickstarter when he could be doing this on Patreon?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Young Freud posted:

Why is he even bothering

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Young Freud posted:

Why is he even bothering to do this on Kickstarter when he could be doing this on Patreon?
Don't you only get paid on Patreon after following through?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I think you can just set a monthly thing on patreon, regardless of what you do or don't do.

Kickstarter is a lot more popular, I think. Mo people mo cash.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

TetsuoTW posted:

Don't you only get paid on Patreon after following through?

There are two ways of funding:
People either give you money monthly, or they give you money for content. You can say "I want to pay 5 bucks per piece of content, but only 20 bucks per month at max".

There is no "goal".

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

The only good and proper way to make money drawing pokemon is paid commissions for "original pokemon do not steal."

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Michaellaneous posted:

People either give you money monthly, or they give you money for content. You can say "I want to pay 5 bucks per piece of content, but only 20 bucks per month at max".

There is no "goal".

Some do make goals though? Stuff like no ads, releasing more content if x amount of money is made so they can quit jobs

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Michaellaneous posted:

There is no "goal".

Be like Aaron Diaz (creator of the webcomic Dresden Codak, whom is supposed to be updating bi-weekly now based off of funding levels) and get paid 5k a month to do nothing complain on Twitter about having to work to a schedule. :v:

That's a pretty good goal.

A lot of the more dishonest webcomic-ers use Paetron to get money-for-nothing (chicks for free? :haw:), the theory being a person chips in but never bothers to check their CC statement and never removes their monthly donation.

Snuffman has a new favorite as of 15:07 on Apr 22, 2015

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Snuffman posted:

the theory being a person chips in but never bothers to check their CC statement and never removes their monthly donation.

It's me. :negative:

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I was at Kickstarter HQ last night. Goddamn they must have a ton of money. I've been to a lot of tech start-up offices and that place was nice even for a tech start-up.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I wish Patreon had a pay scheme of "$1 per comic I release" or some poo poo instead, so that people couldn't just sit on monthly donations.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Snuffman posted:

Be like Aaron Diaz (creator of the webcomic Dresden Codak, whom is supposed to be updating bi-weekly now based off of funding levels) and get paid 5k a month to do nothing complain on Twitter about having to work to a schedule. :v:

lol, DC has produced 13 pages in the last YEAR. Does bi-weekly mean 26 pages a year or 104 (twice-a-week or fortnightly)? Either way he's kinda off schedule.

Suspicious Dish posted:

I wish Patreon had a pay scheme of "$1 per comic I release" or some poo poo instead, so that people couldn't just sit on monthly donations.

Pretty sure it's an option, just one that some people decide not to offer for....some reason

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Fatkraken posted:

lol, DC has produced 13 pages in the last YEAR. Does bi-weekly mean 26 pages a year or 104 (twice-a-week or fortnightly)? Either way he's kinda off schedule.

Pretty sure it's an option, just one that some people decide not to offer for....some reason

Usually means every two weeks.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Suspicious Dish posted:

... it totally does... unless you meant that you want the choice of payment to be on the patron end, instead of the creator end. Which is an interesting idea, but some creators indisputably need an option for monthly payment if their production cycles don't allow for monthly content, and it would be hard for them to make a go of it if always choosing pay-per-content became the norm. Which wouldn't necessarily happen, I mean, people continue to back flex-funding indiegogos, if you want better proof of internet "patrons" being not exactly penny-pinching, you can't find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Rosalind posted:

I was at Kickstarter HQ last night. Goddamn they must have a ton of money. I've been to a lot of tech start-up offices and that place was nice even for a tech start-up.

They're probably more profitable than the vast majority of internet tech companies out there right now.