Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

I'm sure one of the artisanal shell workshops will happily take their money. Delivery due by 2030.

not to reply to this specifically but, set your vpn to sweden if you have to

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/sa-tillverkas-en-artillerigranat-folj-med-till-hemliga-fabriken

got a view of Nammo

[quote Nammo, short for Nordic Ammunition Company, is a Norwegian/Finnish aerospace and defence group specialized in production of ammunition, rocket engines and space applications. [/quote]

It seems to me from the video they produce 160 shells/day with plans to expand that to 320.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gradenko_2000 posted:

Lmfao

crepeface you are a consistently high quality poster. God bless and happy holidays

praise from caesar!

thank you

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

RIP to a real one

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Endman posted:

For a bit there I thought the thread title was 'the retsupurae ukraine thread'

to be fair we've seen a whole bunch of dahir insaat level poo poo in this war

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Zoeb posted:

resetera is everything wrong with dnd times 1000

impossible, you cant get 1000 times worse than dnd

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018

BearsBearsBears posted:

Stalin knew Barborossa was coming but he was surprised when it happened. Who could have predicted that the Germans would get into an unnecessary two-front war? (Anybody who studied German history could have predicted it.)

One take I've read is that Stalin, and everyone else really meaning Britain etc, was expecting that Germany would present somekind of ultimatum before invading and Stalin hoped that he could transform that into negotiations and strech them until it would be too late for a campaign and the USSR could then prepare for war in 1942 and he really gambled on that while rejecting advice that if acted upon could be seen as a 'provocation' by Germany. Frankly everything Stalin did on the diplomatic front from when it became clear that Britain and France weren't going to ally with the USSR against Germany was to disincentivize Germany from attacking the USSR and unfortunately many of those things are now often considered evidence that Stalin didn't really have a problem with Nazi Germany or that he was a fool.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I do get the impression it was basically a game of no one wanting to be the first to have to deal with the Nazis, quite understandably. On top of leaders openly hoping the Nazis and Communists would destroy each other.

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018
That does seem the case and there was similar sentiments from Stalin. He did comment that the Bolshevik revolution was only made possible by the devastation, destruction and dissatisfaction of WW1 and in order for another "burst" of revolution like happened in 1917-1918 Germany, Britain and France hopefully get in a another war similar to WW1.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

fanfic insert posted:

not to reply to this specifically but, set your vpn to sweden if you have to

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/sa-tillverkas-en-artillerigranat-folj-med-till-hemliga-fabriken

got a view of Nammo

It seems to me from the video they produce 160 shells/day with plans to expand that to 320.

lol

Wow that's almost enough for training purposes. Nice!

In another 40 years they might reach local stockpile levels pre 2022.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

I appreciate this. I had to buy non-gmail email address from ebay to make new accounts before I realized resetera was bullshit and walked away. I got banned so many times for saying things slightly pro China. Imagine the internet message board is the D&D thread and r/worldnews all day everyday.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v31vob82n7A

(26 Dec 2023) Christmas carried more than spiritual weight for many Ukrainians this year as the country newly observed it as a public holiday on Dec. 25 rather than the later date followed in Russia. (AP Video by Volodymyr Yurchuk, production by Alex Babenko)

"People don't feel that kind of joy. Of course, they feel joy because of Christmas because it's impossible not to feel the light of God in the heart. But the scale of the celebration, the nature of the celebration, has obviously changed. It's not as joyful and full of fun as before"
--Olha Mynykh-Local Villager

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

RIP to a real one

just want Nicky back

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
His biggest mistake, as with many countries, was getting in hock with the West. Although the parliament building was also a ridiculous idea.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

lol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Russia is winning, they will approach Kiev by the end of January.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Grimey Drawer

Nonsense posted:

Russia is winning, they will approach Kiev by the end of January.

Choosing to believe this

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i will approach kiev by januarys end (in hearts of iron)

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Russia acknowledged some level damage to the ship pictured.

https://x.com/kromark/status/1739599468310204806?s=20

Secondaries from the cargo were significant.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I'm assuming the hunks of twisted metal are the ship?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lol, yeah, i was thinking the same thing. i can never tell poo poo in these war photos. was russia denying the ship got hit before or something?

Calde
Jun 20, 2009

stephenthinkpad posted:

I appreciate this. I had to buy non-gmail email address from ebay to make new accounts before I realized resetera was bullshit and walked away. I got banned so many times for saying things slightly pro China. Imagine the internet message board is the D&D thread and r/worldnews all day everyday.

I too got banned for pointing out the enormous hypocrisy of splitting from Neogaf over the site runner's domestic abuse allegations only to pledge undying support to the Hong Kong protests... where the inciting incident was China wanting to prosecute murders of mainland women. Stopped visiting for years, honestly unsurprised they've graduated to blood-gargling Ukraine boosting.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Minenfeld! posted:

I'm assuming the hunks of twisted metal are the ship?

Yeah. Ukraine's Air Force claims they struck it (i dunno), but the explosion and subsequent fire from yesterday are all over Russian-source video. Russian media has video and photos of chunks of the ship landed hundreds of meters from the port, though a lot of it either has been removed or is being pulled down after they broadcast it. The ship burned to below the waterline and is sitting on the port floor.

Russia is willing to admit there is some damage to the ship, not yet ready to write it off as destroyed.

post-strike photo of the ship:

Its silhouette was reasonably recognizable when still on fire, less so by morning.

example photo of one of these ships when undamaged:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

that is no longer a ship

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I feel like they wanted to call that line Rea Life Heroes but that was already taken. Because all action figures are real life action figures. They are representations of fictional characters, but the figures themselves are undeniably in real life.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
It burned down to the rafters. Sad.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Calde posted:

I too got banned for pointing out the enormous hypocrisy of splitting from Neogaf over the site runner's domestic abuse allegations only to pledge undying support to the Hong Kong protests... where the inciting incident was China wanting to prosecute murders of mainland women. Stopped visiting for years, honestly unsurprised they've graduated to blood-gargling Ukraine boosting.

The DPP regime constantly refusing to accept the murderer who wanted to hand himself over is still one of the most morally bankrupt thing the DPP regime has ever done. Nothing matters. They literally had less moral principle than a murderer.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Gripweed posted:

I feel like they wanted to call that line Rea Life Heroes but that was already taken. Because all action figures are real life action figures. They are representations of fictional characters, but the figures themselves are undeniably in real life.

Look at this dork believing in the concept of material reality

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Gripweed posted:

more like ‘Rrhea Life Heroes

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

wtf material analysis in my liberalism?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hong Kong should be occupied by the PLA.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

mlmp08 posted:

Yeah. Ukraine's Air Force claims they struck it (i dunno), but the explosion and subsequent fire from yesterday are all over Russian-source video. Russian media has video and photos of chunks of the ship landed hundreds of meters from the port, though a lot of it either has been removed or is being pulled down after they broadcast it. The ship burned to below the waterline and is sitting on the port floor.

Russia is willing to admit there is some damage to the ship, not yet ready to write it off as destroyed.

post-strike photo of the ship:

Its silhouette was reasonably recognizable when still on fire, less so by morning.

example photo of one of these ships when undamaged:

Seems like the problem is that most of the ship isn't on the water but below the water imo

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

genericnick posted:

Seems like the problem is that most of the ship isn't on the water but below the water imo

few are willing to admit this...

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Grimey Drawer
it'll buff out

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

genericnick posted:

Goons still going "gently caress THE OCEAN!!!" in tyool 2023 smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Zaluzhny admitted that Avdiivka is probably going to be fall in the next 2-3 months.