Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I like the Dubsta 6x6 just for for how ridiculous it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Goddamn the Virgo owns :allears:

Also, Mesa definitely rules. It's such a great little mountain climber.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
What's the best garage store-able BattleVan?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Xenaero posted:

What's the best garage store-able BattleVan?

The one that's literally the A-Team van

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
With one easy payment of throwing off the shackles of civility and morality, you too can be this successful and classy in life.

*muffled jams playing from within*

Also Rockstar: Not being able to wear combat boots with suit pants or leather pants is lame.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Fuckin starhawk here I am fending off a cheater with explosive minigun bullets and he steals the crate while I reload

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Xenaero posted:

Fuckin starhawk here I am fending off a cheater with explosive minigun bullets and he steals the crate while I reload

Be faster next time! :lol:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Starhawk64 posted:

Be faster next time! :lol:

:argh:

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Xenaero posted:

Lol I love putting cheaters who specifically get on to do poo poo like that into an infinite black screen loop, they eventually leave because they get sick of looking at a black screen

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

T1g4h posted:

Goddamn the Virgo owns :allears:

Also, Mesa definitely rules. It's such a great little mountain climber.

I dunno man, a goon convinced me to get a Dubsta 6x6 next time I get online

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I appreciate goon hacker money generosity.

I do not appreciate being on a perma money bag drop after you place a bounty on me for at least 15 minutes...

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

hagie posted:

I appreciate goon hacker money generosity.

I do not appreciate being on a perma money bag drop after you place a bounty on me for at least 15 minutes...

That sounds like fun with the right ride.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

theguybro posted:

I dunno man, a goon convinced me to get a Dubsta 6x6 next time I get online

It's really good, handles excellently on pavement and hits almost as hard as an Insurgent when you ram a fool. It is not a competitive racer in its class though.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
Can this offroad vehicle ford San Andreas' most dangerous river? Find out in TopHats' next update.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Got called a hacker for using my fully upgraded Stirling in a race and wiping the floor with everyone.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Got called a hacker for using my fully upgraded Stirling in a race and wiping the floor with everyone.

fukin hecker

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

When does the event weekend begin?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Policenaut posted:

Back when I was forming my race garage it was the Schafter that was the #1 race-worthy Sedan, and most of the races that I've run on Sedan class seem to confirm that a lot of people seem to think likewise. Just about every Sedan-class race I've been in has multiple modded Schafters.

It really depends, because the top speed is not all that fast. I think the weighting on the spreadsheet is not very good, top speed needs to be weighted more. People will say "oh you never get up to top speed," but the reality is, with a turbo and level 4 engine, it doesn't actually take that long to get up to top speed. On the flip side, the Super Diamond which has a higher top speed and still has good acceleration handles like a brick and doesn't get enough traction. So, it could be race/weather dependent.

mutata posted:

When does the event weekend begin?

It started this morning.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I've never had trouble outracing a Super Diamond in a Stanier or a Schafter.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Official Rescue Vehicle of the 2015 Goon Train Siege, the latest model Karin Sultan RS (With additional packaging)

Karin, Let's Ride.

Official train spotter and emergency dive team vehicle, the Canis Mesa

Sponsored by Canis, if it's not trail rated, it's not Canis.

Official police interdiction vehicle, the 1950's Benefactor Stirling GT (Rally)

Benefactor, It's the car your Grandfather, Father, and YOU dream about.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Does anyone have an inside scoop on cheesy ways to collect the event crates? I want to get all the shirts, but trying to get them in hacker ridden free roams is proving pretty loving terrible so far.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

lol i mean lel at what happened in the server.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

theguybro posted:

lol i mean lel at what happened in the server.

Crazy lag dude

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Do mods keep you from getting griefed?

Shortly after LLJK dissolved tonight I started becoming a singled out focus of an unknown entity. I would be removed from my car (it going at full speed) the 3 swat cops show up, take me, a replica of myself steps out and pretty much one shots me.

If I had mods, does that eliminate some of that annoyance? Or would it be a weapon to use against them instead?

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

hagie posted:

Do mods keep you from getting griefed?

Shortly after LLJK dissolved tonight I started becoming a singled out focus of an unknown entity. I would be removed from my car (it going at full speed) the 3 swat cops show up, take me, a replica of myself steps out and pretty much one shots me.

If I had mods, does that eliminate some of that annoyance? Or would it be a weapon to use against them instead?

Get god mode, vehicle invincibility and make checks for if someone is throwing your character out of the car, to set your character right back in.

Also make giving YOURSELF weapons on a tick but only if you're missing them. That way you'll get them back in less than a millisecond when some assholes takes them away from you, and then you leave them wondering why their cheat isn't working.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
Streaming some stupid poo poo, if anyone's interested.

http://steamcommunity.com/broadcast/watch/76561197960857792

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
Hey guybro, do you know if there's a way to completely clear your weapon inventory? These drat tear gas grenades in my inventory have gotten me killed more than once and that's just unacceptable.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I got a crate earlier today before work, so if any ps4 homies want one I can help you. Also let's have fun? :siren: PS4 scyron57 :siren:

Also I am now getting hosed on ps4? I keep getting signed out when I play gta, and now it just loaded ludendorf north yankton prequel BLAH?!?!

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
Good night. Bought and fully modded a Stirling. Won a bunch of races with it - seems like RP weekend means level up an alt for a lot of people so I won a ton. Collected two out of three crate drops.

Turns out making a custom race and using Test to try out all cars is much faster than using regular races.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

Hey guybro, do you know if there's a way to completely clear your weapon inventory? These drat tear gas grenades in my inventory have gotten me killed more than once and that's just unacceptable.

I think F9 drops poo poo like ammo/weapons I'm not sure.

Dunno if that's what you're looking for.

theguybro fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jun 13, 2015

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I started making a dirt bike race that should be somewhat reminiscent of Trials, Trials HD, Trials Evolution, etc. Just a very rough start, I will need to use up pretty much all 50 prop slots and some clever waypoint placement in order to force the racers to go through the obstables, not simply around them.

You can try it out, if you want, but try to go through the actual obstacles, not around them, like someone who hates fun.

http://rsg.ms/50b564a

My advice is to use a controller.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jun 13, 2015

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

User and I did something amazing tonight:

With a little help from my Insurgent, User managed to drive a Dump all the way up the East side of Chiliad to the lookout point. Then after the required screenshots, drove it right off the side and down into the Alamo sea :v:

We learned that the Insurgent has stupid amounts of torque. That thing is an ungodly powerful monster, it basically shoved the Dump straight up the side of the mountain a couple of times when the Dump slid off the road.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

theguybro posted:

I think F9 drops poo poo like ammo/weapons I'm not sure.

Dunno if that's what you're looking for.

Oh it does, but they pop right back in my inventory when I start a new game.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

T1g4h posted:

User and I did something amazing tonight:

With a little help from my Insurgent, User managed to drive a Dump all the way up the East side of Chiliad to the lookout point. Then after the required screenshots, drove it right off the side and down into the Alamo sea :v:

We learned that the Insurgent has stupid amounts of torque. That thing is an ungodly powerful monster, it basically shoved the Dump straight up the side of the mountain a couple of times when the Dump slid off the road.

I was hoping the Dump would tumble all the way down, instead we got stuck in a ravine and I kept hitting boulders :(

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
I think my fave thing about this game is going on really late on a Friday night (aka Saturday morning in Europe) and the place being full of drunk people in a state of obviously poor mental health. There was a guy earlier with a really silly new york accent pretending to be a radio talk show host and chatting up the hookers

vug fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jun 13, 2015

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Anyone want to do a race swap, like now on Xbox one?

Abilifier
Apr 8, 2008

Anime_Otaku posted:

Anyone want to do a race swap, like now on Xbox one?

Sure, I can be on in about ten minutes.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Hey Xbone crew, how about today for the crew loyalty challenge? We can also do it all in order so anybody who doesn't have that challenge can get that done. I'm willing to sit down and play through all the heists in one sitting depending on how many times we fail.

How does 7pm GMT/Midday PST/3pm EST sound?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Hey Xbone crew, how about today for the crew loyalty challenge? We can also do it all in order so anybody who doesn't have that challenge can get that done. I'm willing to sit down and play through all the heists in one sitting depending on how many times we fail.

How does 7pm GMT/Midday PST/3pm EST sound?

That time works for me. Count me in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I'm in for doing all the heists.
Does anyone know if race wins are tracked on the player or on each individual character? Like if my male wins a sea race does the female also get new paint colours?

• Locked thread