Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Mitt Romney posted:

So weird that Jeb is fixated on defending his Dad, when most people really think he was an ok President. You don't really hear a lot of criticism of him, although I'm not sure how much power he had in the Reagan administration.

He has weird daddy issues. And mommy issues.

That dude is just hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Phlegmish posted:

"what do you do for fun Jeb?"

"I... I read books about my dad, the greatest man who ever lived."

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Several pages ago, but got drat this is the best.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Did you say something about my dad? Just...just don't, okay. I would kill for him.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Phlegmish posted:

Did you say something about my dad? Just...just don't, okay. I would kill for him.

What if its Jim Webb doing the poo poo talking? :black101:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
webb could kill you easily

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

What is the best campaign swag from this cycle, either to store in a time capsule for alien archaeologists to study, or to wear ironically after the election?

-Red "Make America Great Again" hat
-Jeb guac bowl
-Continue the Bush Dynasty button

?

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
Its weird/sad that america has a (fake) fascination with war veterans, but when real ones run for anything the weak rear end politicians can use their history against them (Webb, Kerry). Im not even a fan of those two necessarily, but acting surprised that a wartime vet ... was in a loving war ... is dumb.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

FRINGE posted:

but acting surprised that a wartime vet ... was in a loving war ... is dumb.

??????????

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

FRINGE posted:

Its weird/sad that america has a (fake) fascination with war veterans, but when real ones run for anything the weak rear end politicians can use their history against them (Webb, Kerry). Im not even a fan of those two necessarily, but acting surprised that a wartime vet ... was in a loving war ... is dumb.

Wasn't Webb's problem that he was a really creepy bastard about it?

I don't think anyone attacked, for example, Daniel Inouye for his service, for example.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

Also a complete failure, he lost 1 billion dollars in pension money by investing in Lehman Brothers

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Zwabu posted:

What is the best campaign swag from this cycle, either to store in a time capsule for alien archaeologists to study, or to wear ironically after the election?

-Red "Make America Great Again" hat
-Jeb guac bowl
-Continue the Bush Dynasty button

?

Rand Paul sold actual 500gb hard drives labeled "Hillary's deleted emails" for like $65

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

webb talking about killing a man was treated as a punchline even though that is literally the point of being in a war

granted he was kind of creepy and weird about it but it was probably a very intense psychological experience for him to have had to go through

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

FRINGE posted:

It's not new. We pay lip service to vets but those that run for president haven't been helped by military service. lf so H.W. or Dole would've beaten Clinton. McCain would've beaten W. MCCain would've beaten Obama. We love our vets only as how many yellow ribbon stickers we can put on our cars.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Aliquid posted:

Rand Paul sold actual 500gb hard drives labeled "Hillary's deleted emails" for like $65

Oooh I forgot about Jeb's LCD mailers.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost

So does anyone in this thread think Obama would miss out on First Muslim Supreme Court Justice Funeral?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Goddamn, campaigns are getting responsive to memes/humor generated by the candidate:

https://store.johnkasich.com/product/kasich-america-navy-bumper-sticker/

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

PT6A posted:

I don't think anyone attacked, for example, Daniel Inouye for his service, for example.
Yeah, it just bother me that people want to have killer-war-heroes on pedestals but dont like them when they start talking. Either stand against war or deal with the outcomes. Kerry and Webb happened to be two that were actually surviving-bad-poo poo-combat-heroes, as opposed to "did some time in the service".

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

webb talking about killing a man was treated as a punchline even though that is literally the point of being in a war

granted he was kind of creepy and weird about it but it was probably a very intense psychological experience for him to have had to go through

Here is something you can't understand

How Webb could just kill a man

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Zwabu posted:

Oooh I forgot about Jeb's LCD mailers.

http://store.bencarson.com/

Ben Carson has a neat thing for sale, campaign swag scrub tops. He also discounts his poo poo like a real pro whose campaign is on fire

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Phlegmish posted:

Wouldve been a strong campaign piece if they couldve gotten them to perform it live! :v:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Phlegmish posted:

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
webb is a DINO and also white and also really likes combat boots so it's not like he'd do well amongst democrats anyway

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

FRINGE posted:

Yeah, it just bother me that people want to have killer-war-heroes on pedestals but dont like them when they start talking. Either stand against war or deal with the outcomes. Kerry and Webb happened to be two that were actually surviving-bad-poo poo-combat-heroes, as opposed to "did some time in the service".

Kerry was seriously done dirty by the GOP. The lady with the sparkly heart bandaid still gets me going.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

somewhere... jim gilmore stirs

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
It's gotta be weird being Marco Rubio and knowing if you come in second today Trump is going to give you the biggest pounding since Fire Island '06

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

It's gotta be arousing being Marco Rubio and knowing if you come in second today Trump is going to give you the biggest pounding since Fire Island '06

fixed

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

It's gotta be weird being Marco Rubio and knowing if you come in second today Trump is going to give you the biggest pounding since Fire Island '06

I don't think Rubs minds getting a huge pounding every now and then.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Rubio calling out Breitbart today doesn't look so good on him.

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/700058448063569920

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

PT6A posted:

Inouye's actions in WW2 are less believable than The Expendables or Rambo despite having actually happened.

His actions were so over the top that it would put an 80s action movie to shame:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Inouye#Medal_of_Honor_citation

There's basically nobody else in Congress who could've compared to him in terms of service. It's kinda like how nobody (IIRC) gave Dole poo poo for his service and injuries he sustained.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Montasque posted:

Rubio calling out Breitbart today doesn't look so good on him.

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/700058448063569920

Christ, you'd think someone would have noticed that he tweeted that three days ago, I expected that to at least be from January or something.

Also lol that calling out breitbart is somehow loving controversial.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
These jokes on Rubio's alleged bisexuality/homosexuality are funny and in no way homophobic. Keep em coming*.

*(that's what Rubio said, because he's gay.)

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Can I still say that Donald Trump is an orangeskin?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

A Stupid Baby posted:

great pumpkin man

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

A Stupid Baby posted:

Reported for Oompaloompaphobia.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Third World Reggin posted:

great pumpkin man

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
You can but we would take away your trademark.

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 18, 2016

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
tbh im excited about jeb dropping out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im more excited about my curry farts

but am also excited about jeb