Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Mr. Humalong posted:

yeah you're scum

I meant PQ and jeabus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

And then I shall return to artificially inflate my postcount

##vote Jeabus Mahogany

Oh good, I was just wondering how I was going to do the same. Let's have a slapfight!

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Actually, no, I went over Jeabus to try to find material to start the slap fight but he's probably town now that I read him.

##unvote

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I stopped playing after a couple bad-feeling games. I still lurk the samaf discord though, so I figured I should play at least one a year.

And this is the one you decided to play? Jesus, man, I'm sorry.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Okay, after reading a few people at random I've decided on Springtime in Vienna for my content-generating slapfight. Yes, I know that's not really your name, but it's the name of a Tragically Hip song, and I'm a good patriotic Canadian boy, so it's your name to me now.

Anyway, she's got enough content to provide slapfight fodder, hasn't posted D2 and could probably use the excuse, and might actually be Scum.

Point 1: Looking over her D1 posts she seemed to be paying more attention to the Deathproof claims than the investigative ones. You know who really cares who's Deathproof? Scum.

##vote SiV

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

xopods posted:

Okay, after reading a few people at random I've decided on Springtime in Vienna for my content-generating slapfight. Yes, I know that's not really your name, but it's the name of a Tragically Hip song, and I'm a good patriotic Canadian boy, so it's your name to me now.

Anyway, she's got enough content to provide slapfight fodder, hasn't posted D2 and could probably use the excuse, and might actually be Scum.

Point 1: Looking over her D1 posts she seemed to be paying more attention to the Deathproof claims than the investigative ones. You know who really cares who's Deathproof? Scum.

##vote SiV

Uhh, she dead dude. Just vote hum like everyone else

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Unless you don't want to of course

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

xopods posted:

##vote SiV

This is the worst vote I've ever seen. She can't even defend herself

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Would vote xopods.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Unless there's some kind of undead uprising I'm unaware of.

You know, b a s t a r d r o l e s and whatnot

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Angelwolf posted:

Uhh, she dead dude. Just vote hum like everyone else

Well that explains why she hasn't posted today!

I was voting hum before but finally have a bit more time to play and was looking for a way into the game. Honestly just clicked a few random people starting with Jeabus until I found someone who pinged me.

I'll, uh, keep doing that until I find someone who's both scummy and not dead!

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Alright, I skimmed everyone up to flerp. Will do the rest later (and had already read a couple people lower on the list).

I now think Angelwolf is scum for the same reason I initially said SIV. Focused on the people claiming deathproof and not on the people claiming investigations.

Also, if anyone has a dayvig they should shoot Amni at some point to test his claim. Dude loves gambits but we shouldn't waste lunches on people that might not be lunchable.

Other very off-the-cuff impressions:

ASF: lurking but although I haven't seen him as Scum, gut says he'd be self-conscious enough to be trying to force posts if he was
Akarsh: obviously newbie town, won't vote ever
Amni: See above
Angelwolf: ##vote Angelwolf
b-minus1: town
chaoslord: town
cheese sandwich: scum?
dmboogie: scum?
flerp: town

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

BTW, we have at least five backups and I imagine at least one of them is Scum. That's something people should know.

I know the first bit for a fact but won't say why. The second bit is just speculation.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

And no, the reason is not that I'm the fifth backup. If I wanted to claim that, I'd just claim that.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Actually, I don't know for a fact that there are five because this is a bastard setup. It just occured to me that we could have a "Backup 3" (Lumpen) and a "Backup 5" without necessarily having a 1, 2 and/or 4. That'd be hilarious.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

I know that there's a backup #5 anyway, is what I'm saying.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Without the # sign. I can tell Lumpen that I know his role name, if he's being truthful, is written as "Universal Backup 3" without a number sign. And that I know of a role that's the same but with the number 5. I don't know if that will help him think I'm Town but it should at least help him think I'm honest about this one thing.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Oh wait, he actually specified the wording in his claim. Anyway, he's probably being truthful about that! Or at least the role part.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

xopods posted:

I now think Angelwolf is scum for the same reason I initially said SIV. Focused on the people claiming deathproof and not on the people claiming investigations.

xopods posted:

Also, if anyone has a dayvig they should shoot Amni at some point to test his claim.

:thunk:

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Hello, disingenuous.

Focusing on deathproof claims while ignoring the investigative ones is the scummy thing. The fact that I'm mentioning Amni's claim now isn't the same thing.

If you go back to my D1 I was extremely lazy overall but was mostly interested in the investigations and Lumpen's backup claim.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

xopods posted:

Hello, disingenuous.

Focusing on deathproof claims while ignoring the investigative ones is the scummy thing. The fact that I'm mentioning Amni's claim now isn't the same thing.

If you go back to my D1 I was extremely lazy overall but was mostly interested in the investigations and Lumpen's backup claim.

You're still lazy now and not even paying attention to who's dead and who's alive

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
My only vote on d1 was Amni to test deathproof if you missed that, too

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Angelwolf posted:

You're still lazy now and not even paying attention to who's dead and who's alive

Yes! But slowly working my way towards starting to put some small amount of effort into this game. It will still be a low priority but starting today I will have time to actually read things a bit. I fully admit that at this point I have browsed through the histories of about half the players in the game individually but not the other half, and haven't gone back to read everything in context. Realistically, I won't be doing that today (real life day) because I'm busy, and may not do so until Game Day #3. I'll try to get at least partially up to speed before deadline tomorrow but no promises.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Pressumably YPM has shot me. Unless you think YPM is scum and a liar, my deathproof claim has been tested!

No, let us find scum and win the game together friend-town xopods!

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Amnistar posted:

Pressumably YPM has shot me. Unless you think YPM is scum and a liar, my deathproof claim has been tested!

I mean, that's not as useful as someone actually doing a day action and failing to kill you, but I guess it's something.

Anyway, even if I believe your claim I can't trust you to scum-hunt with me. If I were a survivor in a bastard setup I'd be expecting that my best chance would be to win with Scum.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

xopods posted:

I mean, that's not as useful as someone actually doing a day action and failing to kill you, but I guess it's something.

Anyway, even if I believe your claim I can't trust you to scum-hunt with me. If I were a survivor in a bastard setup I'd be expecting that my best chance would be to win with Scum.

I wish for the game to end as quickly as possible town-friend Xopods! That is why I am voting for town-friend who is definately not a jester Humalong.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Also, survivor's correct play is to align themselves with town early on, because in most set-ups, it is less cuddles to end the game in a town victory than a scum victory. The only point in time that a survivor should swap to side with scum is when scum are 2 cuddles away from winning and the survivor can vote to ensure the first cuddl happens.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Amnistar posted:

Also, survivor's correct play is to align themselves with town early on, because in most set-ups, it is less cuddles to end the game in a town victory than a scum victory. The only point in time that a survivor should swap to side with scum is when scum are 2 cuddles away from winning and the survivor can vote to ensure the first cuddl happens.

I don't agree with this, but the last thing this game needs is for you and me to derail it into a discussion of how to play as Survivor. And in any case, "correct" play is meaningless in this setup because everything is different and bastardly.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Angelwolf posted:

drat that’s a bad look

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

xopods posted:

I don't agree with this, but the last thing this game needs is for you and me to derail it into a discussion of how to play as Survivor. And in any case, "correct" play is meaningless in this setup because everything is different and bastardly.

but friend-town Xopods, I enjoy discussing game strategy with you!

Also, the correct play for survivor is not to claim unless they plan to side with the town, because town can't let a survivor live unless they have supremecy over the scum.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Amnistar posted:

but friend-town Xopods, I enjoy discussing game strategy with you!

Me too, but let's wait for a game where we're both scum together.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

xopods posted:

Me too, but let's wait for a game where we're both scum together.

That's this one, though

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Angelwolf posted:

Angelwolf posted:

I'm going to bed in a minute anyway so ##unvote

##vote Mr. Humalong

Also, I still think this was an extremely weird vote. "I am leaving for the rest of the game day so let me make sure my vote doesn't matter"

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

chaoslord posted:

Also, I still think this was an extremely weird vote. "I am leaving for the rest of the game day so let me make sure my vote doesn't matter"

I object to this view on principle. Players should vote with conviction without worrying about viability

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I dont like how xopods is attempting to bully a new player into being lunch. it makes me sad.

##vote YPM

Would vote Leith too on the content that's there and bungled claim in a bastard game.

Leith Maclaine posted:

How do you know Sal's claim?

Leith Maclaine posted:

But this is the last public post I see by Sal.

Leith Maclaine posted:

Ahh, My bad, thanks

##vote Leith

I don't know why so many people are voting someone inconsequential and obviously trying to draw the vote to himself. I don't see any scum reason for acting the way Humalong has, and honestly it's scummy that Leith is on that vote still considering Leith's lack contribution and commentary on the actions Hum is taking. It really does look like he just parked a vote there and doesn't want to say anything about the game.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

I dont like how xopods is attempting to bully a new player into being lunch. it makes me sad.

I didn't know Angelwolf was new, just that I didn't know them. Seems there's a lot of things I don't know this game.

Yet, in other ways, I am someone who knows things. Such as that Angelwolf is scum.

Look at the difference between them and Akarshi. The latter is what newbie Town looks like and it only took skimming over a few posts to see it. The excited naivety shines through.

If Angelwolf is also new, then they're even scummier than I initially thought.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I object to this view on principle. Players should vote with conviction without worrying about viability

It doesn't matter if I think Bernie is the better candidate, when it gets near the November deadline and there are only two people who are viable anymore, I'm not gonna write Bernie in.

When they left, they knew they were going to be gone for the rest of the day. At that point, it looks like the vote was Kash 8 Jen 7 Lumpen 5, roughly 4 hours to deadline. They found a way to throw away their vote without having to take a stand about anyone that was in danger. And it turns out the voteleader was scum!

If they had played more than 1 game previous, I would be voting them for that.

Speaking of, looking at the votefinder I did notice something I forgot

##vote Pussy Quipped lmao voting for a no lunch D1 when we lunched a scum

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

chaoslord posted:

##vote Pussy Quipped lmao voting for a no lunch D1 when we lunched a scum

Inferring alignment from who did or didn't vote for one particular lunch is bad play, no matter what the flip. That information is really only useful in aggregate when you look back at people's voting patterns over the course of multiple days.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

xopods posted:

Inferring alignment from who did or didn't vote for one particular lunch is bad play, no matter what the flip. That information is really only useful in aggregate when you look back at people's voting patterns over the course of multiple days.

xopods posted:

I don't agree with this, but the last thing this game needs is for you and me to derail it into a discussion of how to play as Survivor town reading the vote count. And in any case, "correctbad" play is meaningless in this setup because everything is different and bastardly.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Toalpaz posted:

##vote YPM

Would vote Leith too on the content that's there and bungled claim in a bastard game.

##vote Leith

I don't know why so many people are voting someone inconsequential and obviously trying to draw the vote to himself. I don't see any scum reason for acting the way Humalong has, and honestly it's scummy that Leith is on that vote still considering Leith's lack contribution and commentary on the actions Hum is taking. It really does look like he just parked a vote there and doesn't want to say anything about the game.

And this is part of why I copped you on N0. You always come across as scummy to me. I think is is just that big of a gap in play styles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Nah, but for real, single data points outside of scumslips are almost always bad, but voting is An Important One and I’m fine with my vote here. I’m sure some shiny new case will come along soon and catch my eye but I’m good for now