Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Hey, here's another thing to look forward to someday.

So, this quest I was stuck on earlier? Turns out we can't do it yet. It requires the last rune we do not have, one gotten from progressing the main quest.

We'll revisit this eventually. Maybe.

For now, let's get to kicking skulls.

https://j.mega64.net/botw/u14/004.mp4

And...whatever this is.

First, had another vote for spirit orbs, and another vote resulting in more stamina. I'm not complaining (yet).

Let's do those couple of side quests we got last time. First, the side quest about treasure within a triangle? South of the Lurelin Village is this...triangle. As good a place to check as any!

For this, we're going to borrow the raft the village elder offered us. We could Cryosis it, but...it wouldn't be pleasant.

We could just hope for the best with the wind, or take matters in our own hands. Always have a Korok Leaf handy!

There's a bit to fight through to get to our destination, of course.

Good time to break out the Shock Arrows! Rain makes them hit a much larger radius (and the targets being in the ocean helps, too).

Then some Ice Arrows to conserve my Shock ones for later.

Also bombs.

Looks like we found our trove! The results:

A sapphire, two topaz, and...

...this beauty. This sword will hit the enemy with electricity, which is as wonderful as it sounds. As you may expect, similar versions exist for fire and ice elements.

Then the guy asks for more money. Think we'll pass this time.

You know, there might be some treasure that yet sleeps in this ocean. A diligent boy like you could get rich finding it... May all your delving end in gold!

Our reward, other than the treasure itself, is the hint that there may be more chests hidden underwater. So keep that in mind, I guess. Even though I'm already way ahead on that front.

Our next quest is going to take us back on the road north from Lurelin Village.

Er, sorry... Here, I'll share some nice info I came across as my form of apology. The fish in Lurelin Village are pretty fatty. As a result, I hear they're incredibly delicious when you grill them!

We make our way back to the fork, this time heading south. Way to the south is our destination, Aris Beach. All we have to do there is wipe out the enemies.

Our targets.

But first, burning.

We probably shouldn't have burned this crate first.

Ah, here we go. Mighty Bananas are a nice way to boost attack. They also have another wonderful use we'll see later on.

The issue here is there's no way to reach that platform as is.

The solution?

As always, whenever water is involved, "Cryosis."

Now time for the ol' Sneak and Smack.

Ouch. This guy's better at the Sneak and Smack than me, it seems.

Let's try this again.

Much better.

Link's not the only one who can use the elemental arrows. This Bokoblin is raining fire arrows upon us, which understandably is rather bad.

Good thing we're a better shot, then.

I clear the first tower of enemies. One more tower to go.

Link gets a nasty hit here, but he's still standing!

Almost got it!

https://j.mega64.net/botw/u15/064.mp4

...or that could happen.

Yes, Moblins will attack you by picking up and throwing nearby Bokoblins.

OK, now we're done here.

The enemy chest nets us a new weapon. Considering how many I've gone through here, it's quite welcome!

You know, while we're nearby, we might as well check out the mountain.

Another plus to exploration: This game can be gorgeous.

Ganonhoof can climb no further at the end of the road, but luckily we're near the top.

This place has a lot of hearty radishes here.

...Ah. I see now.

Are you... Could you be the voe I am destined to meet? No... No, I don't think so. But then... This IS the pond of legend, is it not? The one where a person finds true love? Yet all I see right now is that strange voe on the other side of the pond. Could I be at the wrong one?

Who's ready for a rather simple and somewhat entertaining quest?

Sure, why not.

...Phew. I'm so glad! Oh, by the way, my name is Wabbin! To be honest, I lost my way earlier.

At first I thought I was dreaming...or that she was a ghost or something. I mean, it's not every day you run into a gorgeous woman in the middle of nowhere... But figment of my imagination or not, it was love at first sight. And so I've decided to gather my courage and go confess my feelings to her!

If I had a blue nightshade, I'd head straight over to that woman... I mean, imagine her and a blue nightshade... That'd make a beautiful scene. Don't you think?

Blue nightshade's not that difficult to find, and in fact we already have some with us!

I want to talk to her, but I don't have anything worthy of being a gift. If only I had blue nightshade... Ahh, the smell of it... I can almost imagine it right now. It's so clear, almost like...it's... Wait, do you have some blue nightshade on you right now?

Sure, it's not like we can't get a hundred more.

Ah... I just... Ugh. When I look at her, my legs freeze up. My throat goes dry. I...I can't do it.

...uh ok

I'll give you back this blue nightshade. Oh! And don't forget to mention it's a present from ME!

This guy is hopeless.

Now we have to walk allll the way to the other side of the heart pond.

I see... So...you're delivering these flowers for that voe over there?

I don't sense any deceit from you...

This fades into a conversation between the two. For clarity, Wabbin will be the blue Sheikah Symbol, and Perda the red.

Could...could it be that you don't like blue nightshade?
Why would you stay that? This is my favorite kind of flower! How did you know that anyway? Are you a Yiga spy?!
N-no... Th-that's not it!

Your true love... So this is what they call destiny...

What do you mean?
No, that's not right at all! I'm talking about what a voe says to a vai!
What do you mean?

Wh...

This is the first time anyone has ever said they like me, and for it to come from the woman of my dreams... This is such an amazing feeling...

There's no way I can truly thank you, but please take this as a token of my thanks.

So our reward for helping this guy talk to the love of his life is twenty rupees?

That's all you're willing to offer him for everything he's done for you?!

Hey, you! I guess I owe you too... I hope you have as much luck finding someone as I did... thanks to you!

All's well that ends well!

...Huh? Oh! You're still here! I really owe you for helping out my voe. It's true that he's more than a bit on the shy, nervous side... That's nothing a little push in the right direction can't solve, though! I hope you get to meet your true love soon, like I did!

Hee...

Also inside this heart pool is a chest with a spear. Shot through the heart, but who's to blame?

Top of the mountain has a Korok.

Next lake over has fire arrows.

We're done here. Back to Lurelin to report our progress.

First, though, let's start another side quest.

That settles it! I'll make some seafood paella.
Yaaaaay!

I'm so busy with housework that I don't have time to go shopping for ingredients.

Eh, why not.

Really? I'm happy to hear that. I'll be waiting!

This one is very simple, but also something we'll have to hold off on until we can find those things.

OK, now let's report our results on Aris Beach.

Thanks, mate. I suppose I should give you this to show my appreciation.

Come back whenever you'd like! I'll share the day's haul with you.

Another job successfully done!

Check this out: if you see a bunch of fish gathered around a reef, sometimes you can find treasure hidden there...

Oh and I missed a guy earlier.

Sure have!

Huh, never would have guessed that just from looking at ya. Just remember...going out to sea isn't something you should take lightly! The wind can quickly strand you out there!

Anyway, we've done pretty much everything there is to do right now (probably). Only one thing left to do now.

First, let's walk all the way to the end of the cape.

With a couple of diversions along the way, as always.

Some chests are embedded in the ground. Magnesis takes care of them.

This one had a red rupee. The other chest is an Octorok, so I leave it alone.

Next time...Eventide Island.

How bad can it be?

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread