Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Red Hood posted:

A father's take on a 24 year old teacher loving her 13 year old student:

Until he sees a picture of the teacher and she's not hot - 'oh my god, maybe this was child abuse'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

EvilGenius posted:

Until he sees a picture of the teacher and she's not hot - 'oh my god, maybe this was child abuse'.

It's been a while but I remember reading an article about how women who are less pretty getting harsher sentences in similar cases than attractive ones.

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

It's too late. You had your chance. And I'm just getting started.

EvilGenius posted:

Well she looks like this:

So all the guys out there are like this:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I would say I'd do her but she looks so young she could be my daughter :ohdear:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I don't think people understand that in either case, it's an abuse of power. If attempting to reject or later break up with a teacher, there's a fear that it will impact your student life or that the secret will be revealed despite it being in the interest of the pedophile not to. Doesn't matter if the kid is male and the teacher is attractive. Yes, everyone's had the fantasy but like many sexual fantasies, it's just stupid to actually do it. Unless you're in college or university and no longer taking the professor/TA's course. Then go ahead and bone your teacher.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Intoluene posted:

Unless you're in college or university and no longer taking the professor/TA's course. Then go ahead and bone your teacher.

Only if they work in a whole separate department with absolutely no bearing whatsoever on any infinitesimal part of your scholarly career, and even then no just loving don't the power imbalance makes it such a bad idea.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
While we're at it, having sex with your boss is the next logical step for your career.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pope Corky the IX posted:

While we're at it, having sex with your boss is the next logical step for your career.

What if your boss is your dad :(

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You'll be a Vice President in no time.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Plom Bar posted:

Only if they work in a whole separate department with absolutely no bearing whatsoever on any infinitesimal part of your scholarly career, and even then no just loving don't the power imbalance makes it such a bad idea.

Professor sure but lol if you think a TA has any power at all

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Plom Bar posted:

As a general rule humping people you have any sort of professional or academic contact with is a poor idea. Knowingly, anyway; in the case of a university you might meet somebody randomly that you want to get it on with and later find out they're a professor.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
https://twitter.com/Djdwill83/status/738447008491413504

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Not liking this Friends reboot.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Oh god I can't take it anymore and I don't care how dumb I sound--can someone please tell me what the "100" smiley thing means. One hundred what?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

artsy fartsy posted:

Oh god I can't take it anymore and I don't care how dumb I sound--can someone please tell me what the "100" smiley thing means. One hundred what?
It's a 100% score, like on a school assignment or something

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

It's a 100% score, like on a school assignment or something

Oh, okay.

Kind of a let-down.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

artsy fartsy posted:

Don't worry, I've always wondered the same thing! Is it supposed to be percent?

Edit: beaten!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

genetic_knockout posted:

Don't worry, I've always wondered the same thing! Is it supposed to be percent?

Edit: beaten!

Keep it 100 you out of touch grampy and grammys.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

ToxicSlurpee posted:

As a general rule humping people you have any sort of professional or academic contact with is a poor idea. Knowingly, anyway; in the case of a university you might meet somebody randomly that you want to get it on with and later find out they're a professor.

I wonder what the policy on this is in large community college systems. If you are in a community college system with three campuses, 2000 faculty and 100000 students, is it a problem if you date a woman who happens to be taking a totally unrelated course in a campus 20 miles away?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I have a friend 6 years younger than me who texted me the 100 emoji the other day and I had to ask him what the hell he meant. It was the oldest I've ever felt

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

A bit of mild 'grrr feminists' IOSM here. Don't turn off the annotations, it'll pop up right at the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH0Ghg0N1xY

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You old foggeys don't know what you're talking about. The Roman numeral for 100 is "C", and in used as shorthand for "Corrupt ourselves for the dark lord Satan".

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I have a friend 6 years younger than me who texted me the 100 emoji the other day and I had to ask him what the hell he meant. It was the oldest I've ever felt

I wonder how many people use the emoji without actually knowing exactly what it's supposed to mean but just understands the context and uses it that way.

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

I wonder how many people use the emoji without actually knowing exactly what it's supposed to mean but just understands the context and uses it that way.

All of them? No one uses it to literally mean 100% or 100 of anything. It just means something is "good" or "cool" you tremendous nerds smh.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

In my defense my friend used it sarcastically, which diluted the meaning a bit I think

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
If I was that 13yo boy I'd have business cards made that had her picture on the front and the newspaper article on the back so I could hand them out at bars and get free drinks from bros for the rest of my life.

Seriously though, if you think 13yo boys are even in the ballpark of being emotionally/mentally mature enough to handle something like that you're crazy. I work summer camps as part of my job and they can barely maintain a base level of hygiene, not kill themselves doing something stupid, cry for their moms when they miss them at night, etc., let alone consent to a sexual relationship with someone twice their age.

I think a lot of people misremember being 13.

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib

fullroundaction posted:

If I was that 13yo boy I'd have business cards made that had her picture on the front and the newspaper article on the back so I could hand them out at bars and get free drinks from bros for the rest of my life.

Seriously though, if you think 13yo boys are even in the ballpark of being emotionally/mentally mature enough to handle something like that you're crazy. I work summer camps as part of my job and they can barely maintain a base level of hygiene, not kill themselves doing something stupid, cry for their moms when they miss them at night, etc., let alone consent to a sexual relationship with someone twice their age.

Pretty sure I didn't even discover jerkin it until I was 13, let alone being ready to please a lady.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A Man With A Plan posted:

Pretty sure I didn't even discover jerkin it until I was 13, let alone being ready to please a lady.

There were some kids in middle school who got into sex way too loving early. One in my 6th grade art class made crude sex jokes about banging girls in the class. I'm not even sure if he really understood what he was doing or if he was just imitating adults, but his general behavior was really lovely and mean and I'm pretty sure he was raised by awful parents.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

People were posting pictures of clowns on his wall.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

fullroundaction posted:

I think a lot of those people are actually phrasing 'If I was that 13yo boy' as 'If I was that 13yo boy- as in, I had my current mind in his body-' and then going on from there. It's like that quote/comic whatever about how people like to think of themselves back when they were younger as themselves now only just in better shape.

chitoryu12 posted:

There were some kids in middle school who got into sex way too loving early. One in my 6th grade art class made crude sex jokes about banging girls in the class. I'm not even sure if he really understood what he was doing or if he was just imitating adults, but his general behavior was really lovely and mean and I'm pretty sure he was raised by awful parents.

That's just par for the course, as far as I can tell.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Does it count if it's the social media platform itself that's being dumb?

You know that I've known my mother for more than five years, right, Facebook? The day she signed up for Facebook isn't exactly a significant event in either of our lives.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Mathew with only one T? Smdh

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Math? Ew.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
So Surgeon Simulator added a mode where you can operate on Donald Trump. It's a bit tasteless and exploitative but pretty harmless and I admit it's amusing.
The comments however...

I do wonder if some gamers feel like their heads are going to explode if they go more than six hours without bitching about Anita in some way, shape or form. I love that she could do literally nothing for the rest of her life, not utter a single word or make another public appearence, and she would still be the ultimate boogeyman (boogeywoman?) to a lot of folks.

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialSurgeonSimulator/videos/838140659664075/
There's the post if anyone else wants to dig deeper through the comments. :siren: Warning! Autoplaying video! :siren:

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

Tracula posted:

So Surgeon Simulator added a mode where you can operate on Donald Trump. It's a bit tasteless and exploitative but pretty harmless and I admit it's amusing.
The comments however...

I do wonder if some gamers feel like their heads are going to explode if they go more than six hours without bitching about Anita in some way, shape or form. I love that she could do literally nothing for the rest of her life, not utter a single word or make another public appearence, and she would still be the ultimate boogeyman (boogeywoman?) to a lot of folks.

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialSurgeonSimulator/videos/838140659664075/
There's the post if anyone else wants to dig deeper through the comments. :siren: Warning! Autoplaying video! :siren:

People really don't get that Trump is a joke do they? They actually think he deserves to be taken seriously alongside Hilary and Obama.

It's a bit like hanging your six year old's picture of their mum in the Louvre because all art deserves an equal platform.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Trump is the Republican nominee and people still act like it's not a big deal lmao

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

EmmyOk posted:

Trump is the Republican nominee and people still act like it's not a big deal lmao

The republican party is dead lol (still not as embarrassing as Romney though)

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

EmmyOk posted:

I don't see how that stops him from being a walking punchline, though?

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

Oh it's a huge deal. My point was that while Hilary and Obama, etc talk serious politics, Trump indulges in something else entirely. It's the idea that you can hold Trump's discourse up to his rivals that I find hilarious (and terrifying).

EvilGenius has a new favorite as of 10:42 on Jun 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Yeah the GOP of today is a parody of itself. The fact that they put Trump up as their nominee is both hilarious and terrifying at the same time.

The fact that he polls as a win against Hillary is both baffling and capable of inducing pants-making GBS threads terror.