Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Live At Five! posted:

I know everyone complains about snipers but they're so much easier to deal with compared to sky lords. I'd much rather play against a team of 10 wooks than 1 sky lord

No one complains about snipers when they're on the other team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
True, but usually there are matching sets of wookies on each team that cancel each other out by being terrible

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Live At Five! posted:

I know everyone complains about snipers but they're so much easier to deal with compared to sky lords. I'd much rather play against a team of 10 wooks than 1 sky lord

Snipers miss shots and accidentally hit people. Fly with the map out and you'll pick up kills at a steady rate, no fine aiming required with the trench fighter or ground support plane.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

If a dude wants to snipe there better be a loving control point next to him otherwise, he needs to be launching flares, and tripwire a couple of doorways otherwise he gets a dose of vitamin smoke grenade.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

MadJackal posted:

We went up against a squadron of three full blown Air Lords tonight, all scoring somewhere around 100 kills and pushing our poo poo in across all three operation deploys. I'd pay cash and/or blowjobs to organize some kind of Advanced Redneck Wedding training.

One squad, just five guys with MG15s, under smoke, and spread apart could wreck these autist fuckers. I'd volunteer instantly at the start of each round for this.

That would work against attackers and bombers, but I'm not sure if it would work against three coordinated trench fighters. You overestimate how much cover smoke would provide when you're firing a stream of tracers. Don't even think aa emplacements would last long against fighters doing wild weasels, or by hiding in the skybox.

The only counter is an AA truck or three friendly pilots of equal skill, everything else is a half measure.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

moosecow333 posted:

Any change that reduces a sniper's ability to one shot you, outside of a headshot, is a good change.
Pwaise.

Chronojam posted:

Nerf all snipers
PWAISE

Live At Five! posted:

All it takes to keep a fighter at bay is two dudes with LMGs. You can do 30+ damage to the fighter in a single pass. With 2 support firing at it the pilot will spend most of his time holding down the x button.

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jan 20, 2017

Orv
May 4, 2011
As someone leveling up scout as a battle sniper so I can do dumb poo poo with the Martini Henry, I would not appreciate even more occasions of 98 damage torso shots, thanks.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
If you're really a battle scout then the handgun is there for a reason. A good deal of players will be damaged in an active firefight so learn to shoot people more than once if they don't drop dead from the first bullet.

The G95 is a better fit for CQC than relying on the sweet spot (which puts you outside of CQC).

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah I've been using the G95 and occasionally the carbine version, though for some weird mental block reason I get less done with the carbine. And like I had to learn to quick melee as a reaction rather than thinking about it when I played Destiny, I'm having to get used to pistols being a decent idea. Aside from CoD 4 HC gimmick poo poo I basically never use them, so it's a process. Also I only just got the No 3 so I don't have to cringe every time I pull out a sidearm knowing my reload is going to take a century.

Though I think across every single kit I get more done with melee fuckery than any bullets, which is just weird. Honestly since I'm using the hatchet I should probably just run the 1911 and learn how to purposely skip melee animations since the 1911 puts you into front kill in one shot, more or less.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
has anybody bothered to tell dice the codex entry for Selbstlader 1906 has an image of the wrong loving gun

Orv
May 4, 2011
They'd fix that and then mortars would invert geometry or something.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

MadJackal posted:

We went up against a squadron of three full blown Air Lords tonight, all scoring somewhere around 100 kills and pushing our poo poo in across all three operation deploys. I'd pay cash and/or blowjobs to organize some kind of Advanced Redneck Wedding training.

One squad, just five guys with MG15s, under smoke, and spread apart could wreck these autist fuckers. I'd volunteer instantly at the start of each round for this.

I'm starting to fall into the air lord category. Routinely get a gently caress load of kills when I get a plane. I don't even feel like I'm sperg levels of good or anything. It's just easy to go hog wild in the Attack Plane once you practice a little bit and especially because most pubbie pilots are absolute poo poo at dogfighting and/or ignore other planes entirely.

All it takes is some persistent AA and/or AA Truck/Fighter Planes for me to have a much harder time but it doesn't happen as much as it should and if I'm let unmolested in the air I am going to ruin the day of infantry as is any halfway decent pilot.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Dvsilverwing posted:

Hopefully Mosin and Lebel/Berthier variants will come with the first DLC (France/Russia).

I am a huge nerd and binged through those Great War videos including the arsenal stuff and I really just want each nation to have a proper default bolt action rifle for back to basics mode.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I got a kills in all pistols except the kolibri. I feel like i need to play HC to kill anyone with this piece of poo poo retard toy gun.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

After leveling the basic classes and agonizing over how I'm going to level tanker, pilot and horse boy without tearing my scalp off, I've found that what motivates me most is getting those sweet long range iron sight kills. We've already established that all scouts should be frontline scouts, and the fact is that any scope will limit your field of view and make combat in a hot zone way more cumbersome. With some practice, you can perform counter-sniping just as effectively with nothing but iron, and it's just way more fun and satisfying.

gently caress scopes.

afkmacro posted:

I got a kills in all pistols except the kolibri. I feel like i need to play HC to kill anyone with this piece of poo poo retard toy gun.

Domination with impact grenades or incendiaries. Go scout for better awareness, you need it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

afkmacro posted:

Props if anyone could work with that outside the novelty value, but it will collect dust now I got the codex entry for it because goddamn that was a rear end pain to do.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

afkmacro posted:

Just sneak on bush wookies and 4-tap them in the head

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

Props if anyone could work with that outside the novelty value, but it will collect dust now I got the codex entry for it because goddamn that was a rear end pain to do.

It's a 4 shot headshot, so even that sucks.

The best value for the Kolibri is when I yell KOLIBRI'S ONLY over and over again in /all, and a few people on the other team take me up on it.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
hang out with a martini henry, blast someone then pull out kolibri and easily finish them off

Orv
May 4, 2011
The only good thing about Sinai is that for all your codex poo poo and 5 kill medals (if you are a bad, like-a me) is that you can just lurk around C while everyone is off somewhere else and pick off nerds like some lovely Ottoman vampire.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Delacroix posted:

If you're really a battle scout then the handgun is there for a reason.

Yeah, like the Mars...

I know it's a montage, but I watch this guy's streams now and then, and he really is a beast at sniping. Bangs these streaks out all day.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The Mars and the Frommer gently caress YOU STOPPED DEAD are fantastic pistols for forward scout antics. It is hilarious with the stop because how quick you can stop anyone from ruining your face.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Looks like the ADD kids are sad that they haven't 500+ guns they can ignore in the game.

Also, black Germans is the worst things ever (according to comments).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h28ea91d3Hk

ALSO, details of French DLC is coming next week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrKcTAxoHCY

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jan 20, 2017

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

What's the reasoning behind having pilots be able to repair their planes on a cool down, other than dumb brainz.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

jokes posted:

What's the reasoning behind having pilots be able to repair their planes on a cool down, other than dumb brainz.

Otherwise, the skylords wouldn't be able to lord over the sky, silly.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

So, dumb brains.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Yeah, like the Mars...

I know it's a montage, but I watch this guy's streams now and then, and he really is a beast at sniping. Bangs these streaks out all day.

God drat. :stare:

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Yeah, like the Mars...

I've used the Mars to great effect a few times and I love taking it, but I couldn't in a million years snapshot like that with the rifle. I don't understand that at all.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So after three different games (Conquest/Friday Night Battlefield/Back To Basics) I've given up on the on the Zodiac tag and have written all other dog tag challenges off because the people behind medal/dog tag requirements are obviously just trolling people who seriously want to pursue these things.

On the plus side, I think I broke my own personal revives per game record. Shame trying to purposely flank around and hunt people down to kill them with the syringe is about as fun as pissing kidney stones.

EDIT: I hope Battlefield 1 is dying for guys like LevelCap so they can gently caress off.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

So after three different games (Conquest/Friday Night Battlefield/Back To Basics) I've given up on the on the Zodiac tag and have written all other dog tag challenges off because the people behind medal/dog tag requirements are obviously just trolling people who seriously want to pursue these things.

On the plus side, I think I broke my own personal revives per game record. Shame trying to purposely flank around and hunt people down to kill them with the syringe is about as fun as pissing kidney stones.

EDIT: I hope Battlefield 1 is dying for guys like LevelCap so they can gently caress off.

Levelcap's entire channel is dedicated to complaining that the game he's currently playing isn't Battlefield 3.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

That is just begging for some weird video game satire for somebody to dedicate time to making an entire channel dedicated to complaining he's not playing 1942 on Battlefield 1. Username would be Rankedup.

Yes I am a hack.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Target Practice posted:

I've used the Mars to great effect a few times and I love taking it, but I couldn't in a million years snapshot like that with the rifle. I don't understand that at all.

Yeah, now I have questions, when you start to scope in is the rifle always going to hit in the dead center? Does ADS not matter for the Mars? It seems just as accurate for that guy than when he's hip firing it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Also the fact there isn't a medal for using bolt action rifles without the scope is the biggest crime of all.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

SeanBeansShako posted:

The Mars and the Frommer gently caress YOU STOPPED DEAD are fantastic pistols for forward scout antics. It is hilarious with the stop because how quick you can stop anyone from ruining your face.

Don't forget the 1911 is 3hk at close range with a fairy quick rate of fire and reload.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The 1911 is pretty great yeah, I can imagine it just being the default sidearm for a lot of people not fussed.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I wish the 1912 was a universal unlock, it's probably my favorite sidearm. Probably cause they actually modeled the magazine spring release button and make you spray your left rounds everywhere before reloading a full new stripper clip. It's a retarded reload, but just so fun to watch.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Feindfeuer posted:

I wish the 1912 was a universal unlock, it's probably my favorite sidearm. Probably cause they actually modeled the magazine spring release button and make you spray your left rounds everywhere before reloading a full new stripper clip. It's a retarded reload, but just so fun to watch.

1912 with the ridiculous (gold plated) Hapsburg legendary skin is pretty much my favorite sidearm in the game right now.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8VgPrDp3VQ

We need to have a goon party and do this.

Partially to get everyone the codex.

Partially because it's hilarious.

e: Actually, on the topic of codex entries, any goon pilots willing to help me get one of the hardest ones? All I need is someone with r10 Pilot to equip the M1911 Extended, then next time we do Iron Walls/Kaiser jump out of the plane and die by falling. I grab your kit, get the gun, then get my five kills with it for the codex. As soon as you die your plane will go back into the queue and pop up after a minute or so, so you'll be back in the sky in no time!

Nice and easy! ( I'll probably also need to be rezzed, but whatever. ).

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jan 21, 2017

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Feindfeuer posted:

I use it for the same reason. It's so elaborate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Real talk I wish the Tankgewehr was a Scout unlock because I'd be running that poo poo constantly, god drat I love making armored vehicles just explode.