Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Rabhadh posted:

Also Cirosan, turns out you have to manually edit in CCO's health variables to the Project Nevada Rebalance options for them to take effect. Once I did that I gained health fine. PN is set to not gain any health on level up by default.
That's interesting. If you don't mind, could you be a little more specific about which modules cause the problem and where? Is this with CCO's Gameplay Changes active or with Classic Perks or both? Which variables, exactly, are being affected? And where is PN's setting that negates health gain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

JackMackerel posted:

Yeah, drat. I like my not-lovely Vegas. This was NVR-Minimum, right?

If all you're interested in is the strip being one contiguous area, The Strip Open is a much better mod than NVR. In my experience it's more stable and it runs smoother. It doesn't clean the strip up, but having switched from NVR I find that it doesn't make nearly as big a difference from the core game as having it be one area.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Does The Strip Open work with the New Vegas restored content mods?

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
The Strip open is one of the restored content mods?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Try as I might I cannot get Darnified UI to work properly. The fonts still show up as the regular ones and the UI elements are all squashed together.

What terribly obvious thing have missed here?

Beaumont
Dec 12, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

Try as I might I cannot get Darnified UI to work properly. The fonts still show up as the regular ones and the UI elements are all squashed together.

What terribly obvious thing have missed here?

You haven't edited the [Fonts] section of your .ini files (FALLOUT.ini, FalloutPrefs.ini, in your My Games folder/install directory), or if you have you haven't made it stick by switching it to read only. OR you're using the launcher to start the game and that's rewriting it.

Here's what your [Fonts] section should look like.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
Urk. I'm using the Lucky 38 Expansion mod and I remember their being some way to hack the horribly-voiced securitron in the bar area and get extra upgrades but nothing is working and I can't get the dialogue option. Does anyone know what check it uses? Have tried dosing up on magazines/mentats but nothing is working.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Beaumont posted:

You haven't edited the [Fonts] section of your .ini files (FALLOUT.ini, FalloutPrefs.ini, in your My Games folder/install directory), or if you have you haven't made it stick by switching it to read only. OR you're using the launcher to start the game and that's rewriting it.

Here's what your [Fonts] section should look like.

I've, um, done all that.

EDIT: Checked everything again, it was all set right, but this time when I loaded up the game it worked. Eh, I'm not complaining. Maybe something reverted temporarily or something. I don't know.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 12, 2012

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

Cirosan posted:

That's interesting. If you don't mind, could you be a little more specific about which modules cause the problem and where? Is this with CCO's Gameplay Changes active or with Classic Perks or both? Which variables, exactly, are being affected? And where is PN's setting that negates health gain?

All of your mods and all of PN's modules are active. I have no idea what modules are causing the problems. To calculate health, PN's formula is Endurance x 7 + Level x 0. So there isn't any health gained between levels. Using MCM I just changed them to your variables as mentioned in the readme.

A question though, is Reunited And It Feels So Good compatible with Follower Tweaks?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Dan Didio posted:

I've, um, done all that.

EDIT: Checked everything again, it was all set right, but this time when I loaded up the game it worked. Eh, I'm not complaining. Maybe something reverted temporarily or something. I don't know.

Don't load your game through the launcher--if the launcher screen even pops up, it's already too late. Regardless of whether or not your .ini is marked "read only", Steam will glance over it and revert the [fonts] section to default values. Also, make sure Steam is already running, since regardless of how you try to start the game, it will bring up the launcher if Steam isn't already running. Start the game through either FOMM, NVSE, or FNV4GB.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Our latest WIP in three months is up on our hosting but it's not much new. Maybe 10 new weapons done (but not finished) in boredom while we wait for Anime Schoolgirl and a few more replacements and bug fixes. Oh, and all weapons have static object entries now, so weapon wall type display mods can now support The Armory weapons.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anybody know what might cause NPCs' head textures to turn into a giant, creepy eye? :wtf: I assume it's due to a missing texture reference or something somewhere, but it only happens with certain NPCs and I haven't been able to narrow it down to a specific mod by checking their FormIDs or running down conflicts in FNVEdit.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

SplitSoul posted:

Anybody know what might cause NPCs' head textures to turn into a giant, creepy eye? :wtf: I assume it's due to a missing texture reference or something somewhere, but it only happens with certain NPCs and I haven't been able to narrow it down to a specific mod by checking their FormIDs or running down conflicts in FNVEdit.

I... want to see this.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SplitSoul posted:

That sounds amazing. Post screenshots.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

Cirosan posted:

Poking around with fnvEdit, it looks like CCO - GC PN Rebalance Patch.esp sets the value of fAVDHealthLevelMult at 0, whereas CCO - Gameplay Changes.esm file sets it at 2. It seems like that would prevent health gain on level unless overwritten by something, like changing the values in PN's configuration menu.
The value for fAVDNPCHealthLevelMult is 2 in the Gameplay Changes.esm and 5 (the default value for FalloutNV.esm) in the patch esp, not sure if that's intentional or not.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I think it's a conflict between the Eyelashes and Body by Race mods. For gently caress's sake.

Edit: Fixed it. Wrongly assigned .nif was the culprit. I wonder how the mod author never noticed that all black women in the game walked around looking like that.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jul 13, 2012

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
Are you able to use multiple body replacement types? Type 3 and Type 6, for example?

Maybe a better question, is there a mod that allows spawns NPCs with larger/smaller body types at random?

I understand that it's the apocalyptic future and all, but someone has to be eating well. :btroll:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Don't load your game through the launcher--if the launcher screen even pops up, it's already too late. Regardless of whether or not your .ini is marked "read only", Steam will glance over it and revert the [fonts] section to default values. Also, make sure Steam is already running, since regardless of how you try to start the game, it will bring up the launcher if Steam isn't already running. Start the game through either FOMM, NVSE, or FNV4GB.

I always load through the FOMM, must have just been some kind of temporary fritz up, maybe by a mod conflict or something. Eh, it seems all fixed now.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Nitis posted:

Are you able to use multiple body replacement types? Type 3 and Type 6, for example?

Maybe a better question, is there a mod that allows spawns NPCs with larger/smaller body types at random?

I understand that it's the apocalyptic future and all, but someone has to be eating well. :btroll:

I believe Body by Race does something like this, although it obviously isn't random. Maybe you could modify that somehow?

There's also a mod, Infinite Resize I think it's called, that uses a script to introduce variable height in NPCs when they spawn, but it sometimes gives ridiculous results. (I tried to alter the height ranges myself, but it made the game crash on load unfortunately.) Maybe something like that could be used as a basis for introducing variable body sizes?

I'm pretty sure FO3 also had a mod to change body types on the fly via FOSE, but that was only for the player.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
What causes the spawning of multiple items on NPCS? I'm having guys spawn with multiple items from LPAM. They'll spawn with 2 or 3 armours, or NCR troopers will spawn with 3 different helmets, 2 of them from LPAM.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Are you making a bashed/merged patch?

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
I am now.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

SplitSoul posted:

I believe Body by Race does something like this, although it obviously isn't random. Maybe you could modify that somehow?

There's also a mod, Infinite Resize I think it's called, that uses a script to introduce variable height in NPCs when they spawn, but it sometimes gives ridiculous results. (I tried to alter the height ranges myself, but it made the game crash on load unfortunately.) Maybe something like that could be used as a basis for introducing variable body sizes?

I'm pretty sure FO3 also had a mod to change body types on the fly via FOSE, but that was only for the player.

Would multiple body replacers overwrite each other, or can they work together?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Nitis posted:

Would multiple body replacers overwrite each other, or can they work together?

I believe you can define different models and texture sets for different races in the GECK, but that's about it - if the replacers were made to affect all races, then they'll overwrite each other. You could make new races and apply them to specific NPCs, but that is obviously a ton of work for a comparatively measly payoff. NVSE might have functions that could alleviate this, but I have no experience with that.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Rabhadh posted:

What causes the spawning of multiple items on NPCS? I'm having guys spawn with multiple items from LPAM. They'll spawn with 2 or 3 armours, or NCR troopers will spawn with 3 different helmets, 2 of them from LPAM.

For me, this was caused by using GRA - The Right to Bear Arms. Puce Moose has a few NPC lists flagged to "use all" which causes other mods that add items to the NPC lists to literally use all.

Beaumont
Dec 12, 2011
Has anyone made a mod porting some or all of the Fallout 3 DLC across to New Vegas? I've got an urge to replay The Pitt and Point Lookout, but I don't want to have to go through the rigmarole of reinstalling Fallout 3 or Requiem for the Capital Wasteland.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Beaumont posted:

Has anyone made a mod porting some or all of the Fallout 3 DLC across to New Vegas? I've got an urge to replay The Pitt and Point Lookout, but I don't want to have to go through the rigmarole of reinstalling Fallout 3 or Requiem for the Capital Wasteland.

Pretty sure you're SOL if you don't want to install RFCW. I've never seen anything that only deals with Fo3 DLC.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
There was a mod that put Operation Anchorage into New Vegas, but I guess it got purged within the past couple of days. Speaking of purging, does anyone have a copy of .60 final of RCFW? I have .51, but it doesn't look like anyone's mirrored the final version. I know the team asked that people not because they're trying to work something out with Bethesda, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
This is really specific, but did anyone ever do a mod that has the Mojave Express send mercenaries after you like the delivery order suggests could happen for losing the package and presumably loving them out of caps for not completing the delivery? I know it's a stupid thing, but I'm currently playing my character as initially trying to track down the chip out of saving his hide. It would be nice to actually back that up.

EDIT: Unless Nash is supposed to be the head of it? I never really got how big of a company they were supposed to be.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Timeless Appeal posted:

EDIT: Unless Nash is supposed to be the head of it? I never really got how big of a company they were supposed to be.

Judging by the way neither you nor Johnson Nash recognize each other in Primm, it goes up higher than Nash.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

For me, this was caused by using GRA - The Right to Bear Arms. Puce Moose has a few NPC lists flagged to "use all" which causes other mods that add items to the NPC lists to literally use all.

So there is no way to fix it?

e: I went ahead and did what PuceMoose said to do in the comments section of the mod, which was delete WastelanderApparel out of the mod. I'll see if it helps when I get a game later.

Rabhadh fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 14, 2012

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/47057

Released the re-retextured 12.7mm SMG.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Cream of Plenty
While screwing around with SHAM and hair today, I figured something important out.

1. Your .esp needs to be an .esm for the engine to be interested in the .bsa file
2. Your .nifs and .egms actually need to be packed into the .bsa to make the game recognize and use the .egms. This makes hat/nohat stuff work

I did not know this. It is not that way for armors. Quite impressingly, this makes modding hair in gamebryo even more of a pain in the rear end than it already is. The more you know!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Arenovalis posted:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/47057

Released the re-retextured 12.7mm SMG.

Hot drat.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Rabhadh posted:

So there is no way to fix it?

e: I went ahead and did what PuceMoose said to do in the comments section of the mod, which was delete WastelanderApparel out of the mod. I'll see if it helps when I get a game later.

Yeah, that was me in the comments section for his mod. Deleting the Wastelanderapparel section from his mod will fix the problem, as it has on my game.

Police Automaton posted:

Cream of Plenty
While screwing around with SHAM and hair today, I figured something important out.

1. Your .esp needs to be an .esm for the engine to be interested in the .bsa file
2. Your .nifs and .egms actually need to be packed into the .bsa to make the game recognize and use the .egms. This makes hat/nohat stuff work

I did not know this. It is not that way for armors. Quite impressingly, this makes modding hair in gamebryo even more of a pain in the rear end than it already is. The more you know!

No kidding? Thanks for the information, I was really confused as to why the .egms weren't doing anything even though I seemed to be going by the books. I'll recompile this as a .bsa / .esm and re-release in the near future, then.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

No kidding? Thanks for the information, I was really confused as to why the .egms weren't doing anything even though I seemed to be going by the books. I'll recompile this as a .bsa / .esm and re-release in the near future, then.

Any chance of getting haircuts for the elderly to work in the next release?

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
Is there a port of Mart's Mutant Mod from Fallout 3? I've been giving the Monster Mod a go, but it's stupidly unbalanced. There are tons of bullet sponge monsters in low level areas that can straight up kill you in a couple hits.

I even have the game on very easy just so I can kind of survive, but then I end up one-shotting vanilla enemies and can take and entire clip to the face like it's a warm breeze.

I like the monster designs and all, but holy gently caress.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

Any chance of getting haircuts for the elderly to work in the next release?

Most of the haircuts don't actually fit on elderly heads. I tried it with a bunch of the styles and had some pretty egregious clipping errors.

greatBigJerk posted:

Is there a port of Mart's Mutant Mod from Fallout 3? I've been giving the Monster Mod a go, but it's stupidly unbalanced. There are tons of bullet sponge monsters in low level areas that can straight up kill you in a couple hits.

I even have the game on very easy just so I can kind of survive, but then I end up one-shotting vanilla enemies and can take and entire clip to the face like it's a warm breeze.

I like the monster designs and all, but holy gently caress.

Nope. Really, it's Monster Mod or bust. Kind of surprising that nobody's stepped up to create a much more focused mutant expansion, a la Fo3's MMM, considering Monster Mod has grown into a bloated piece of poo poo.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah, that was me in the comments section for his mod. Deleting the Wastelanderapparel section from his mod will fix the problem, as it has on my game.

So the NCR are still having the multiple helmets problem, is there an entry in the GRA mod that covers the NCR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Most of the haircuts don't actually fit on elderly heads. I tried it with a bunch of the styles and had some pretty egregious clipping errors.

Nope. Really, it's Monster Mod or bust. Kind of surprising that nobody's stepped up to create a much more focused mutant expansion, a la Fo3's MMM, considering Monster Mod has grown into a bloated piece of poo poo.

That's too bad. I didn't think the head of an old person would be that differently shaped by default, but there you go.

As for the monster mod thing, hey, why not do the same for that? Pick through the Monster Mod and maybe some other sources, take out things that look like they fit the lore, and edit them so that they aren't crap. Since, you know, I hear that the monster mod spawns hideous bullet-sponging mutants not far from Goodsprings that can kill a level one player in a single hit. Because that makes sense.