Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

Still hoping for Ducktales. I bet it'll be a Sega game though, but that's just a grim pessimistic hunch.

Castle of Illusion, Quackshot and World of Illusion are all great games, it wouldn't be a huge loss if he ends up playing one of 'em. World of Illusion even has co-op!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I wish Arino and Inoue could co-op Goof Troop or Chip n' Dales. Duck Tales would be cool, though, that music owns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_80PQ543rM

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

World of Illusion even has co-op!

Make it happen, I want to see what kind of nonsense they can get into with some of the co-op levels. I remember the game being pretty tough to play all the way through in one go, co-op being more so. :getin:

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Comedy option is Adventures in the Magic Kingdom. While looking at the game, however, I see that while it was developed by Capcom, of all things, they didn't release it in JP? That seems weird. Not that it was a great game, but I played the hell out of it as a kid. I also played the hell out of Mickey Mousecapades, though.

It'd be nice to see one of the Illusion games, though.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Caitlin posted:

Comedy option is Adventures in the Magic Kingdom. While looking at the game, however, I see that while it was developed by Capcom, of all things, they didn't release it in JP? That seems weird. Not that it was a great game, but I played the hell out of it as a kid.
Who, among those of us who had it, didn't love it as a dumb rear end kid? It was like Nintendo Disneyland, and perfect for those of us who never got to go! Well, I guess we did eventually, but I was 18 at that point and there wasn't really magic left in it.

I'd love to see Arino play Quackshot. That was a really fun Baby's First Metroidvania, if I'm remembering it right.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The White Dragon posted:

I'd love to see Arino play Quackshot. That was a really fun Baby's First Metroidvania, if I'm remembering it right.

Yeah, there were a few bits like, you'd get through Duckberg, come to a wall that you needed better plungers to scale, so you'd go and get those plungers from Mexico, then go back to Duckberg, go through the new bit and get the Bubblegum Gun so you could get through the walls in Transylvania. Also Shere Khan was a boss for some reason.

poo poo I need to play this game again.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Also Shere Khan was a boss for some reason.

The Jungle Book version, or his urbane Talespin re-imagining?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

FredMSloniker posted:

The Jungle Book version, or his urbane Talespin re-imagining?

Jungle Book

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

kirbysuperstar posted:

poo poo I need to play this game again.

I bet I can still play this game without dying today.

I had a lot of practice when I was a kid.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

My money's on this beauty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NEZxg0ylwY

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I have a new #1 most wanted game for GCCX: King's Quest V for the FM Towns Marty. You can play it with a full japanese dub.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Maxwell Adams posted:

I have a new #1 most wanted game for GCCX: King's Quest V for the FM Towns Marty. You can play it with a full japanese dub.

Holy crud this is amazing. I can just imagine Arino putting hours into this game only to have an AD step in and go "you see, you have to start over because you didn't throw your shoe at the cat at the beginning."

"What a unique western game"

ETA: Haha, he still says "what is that?" after eating the wizard's cookie.
ETA2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO6sxyduvZ4&t=11s "ABUNAI"

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Mar 8, 2013

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Maxwell Adams posted:

Oh god that loving owl? In Japanese? Kill me now.

InsaneDavid
Oct 22, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

So season 16 is over and season 17 for the tenth anniversary is going to start in about a month and a half. What do you guys want to see from the show for the big year?

Bomber King / Robowarrior!

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Because there's always an ending.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Oh god that loving owl? In Japanese? Kill me now.

I had to pause the video and laugh for a good five minutes as soon as he started talking, how did they find a voice actor that sounds EXACTLY like the english one? God, its perfect.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
If it is Mickey Mousecapade, I hope they don't tell Arino that once she can shoot stars as well, you can use Minnie to beat some bosses if they're on a different floor in the same screen since she doesn't take damage at all. You can't do that with every boss, but from what I remember, maybe half of them can easily be beaten with this trick. I actually did play through it a while back and I don't think it's a "bad" game, but compared to most of the other NES games I've played, it's definitely not a classic (it's still pretty fun IMO :)).

I do hope that it's Magical Quest since I remember my brother and I renting that a lot, and I do remember it being a pretty good platformer. I did try to buy a copy from a fellow goon, but I think it got lost in the mail and I never got it. :smith:

Speaking of Capcom (even though Mousecapade was developed by Hudson, Capcom still published it here), I would kill to watch Arino attempt Little Nemo: The Dream Master. That's one of my favorite NES titles and would be perfect for GCCX.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Obeast posted:

If it is Mickey Mousecapade, I hope they don't tell Arino that once she can shoot stars as well, you can use Minnie to beat some bosses if they're on a different floor in the same screen since she doesn't take damage at all. You can't do that with every boss, but from what I remember, maybe half of them can easily be beaten with this trick.
Yeah, half of the whole four bosses :downs:

I really hope it isn't Mousecapade because the latter two stages are just complete 2D maze headaches. That's some lovely TV right there.

quote:

Speaking of Capcom (even though Mousecapade was developed by Hudson, Capcom still published it here)
Apparently, Hudson was responsible for like every Disney console title disaster. Beauty and the Beast, too!

(Well, I guess Virgin also made a bunch of lovely Disney games)

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
Adventures in the Magic Kingdom wasn't released in Japan.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Virgin was responsible for the Lion King game and the Megadrive version of Aladdin, both of which were pretty good as far as licensed games go, I thought.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I would love for Arino to challenge Duck Tales, but would it be a bit too short and/or easy? Another good choice would be Aladdin, which is one of my favourite SNES Disney games.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Never underestimate Arino's ability to struggle with short and/or easy games.

Ducktales has different endings depending on how much treasure you collect, right? Getting the best ending would probably be reasonably challenging.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Virgin was responsible for the Lion King game and the Megadrive version of Aladdin, both of which were pretty good as far as licensed games go, I thought.

From memory, Westwood made Lion King and Shiny did Aladdin.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The guys who eventually became Shiny did Aladdin. I believe they did it in something bonkers like a couple of months.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Azazell0 posted:

I would love for Arino to challenge Duck Tales, but would it be a bit too short and/or easy? Another good choice would be Aladdin, which is one of my favourite SNES Disney games.

God, I can only imagine how long it would take Arino to clear the cave escape level on the carpet...

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
I'm not too surprised that Adventures in the Magic Kingdom never got a release here since even if they have Tokyo Disneyland, it's no Disney World.

I had that game as well, although I was so young at the time that my reflexes couldn't keep up with the Space Mountain game so I always had my mom beat it for me.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

kirbysuperstar posted:

From memory, Westwood made Lion King and Shiny did Aladdin.

Sega Aladdin was by a team at Virgin that later became Shiny. (SNES Aladdin was by Capcom).

I looked up Lion King - you're right, it was made using the engine/animation tools developed by the Aladdin team in conjunction with Disney, but Westward did all the work, Virgin was just the publisher.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Sega Aladdin was by a team at Virgin that later became Shiny. (SNES Aladdin was by Capcom).

Ahah. Man I kinda miss Shiny.

quote:

I looked up Lion King - you're right, it was made using the engine/animation tools developed by the Aladdin team in conjunction with Disney, but Westward did all the work, Virgin was just the publisher.

Westwood branched out quite a bit (Blade Runner, NOX, the best goddamned version of Monopoly to date) but all anyone knows them for is C&C. Weird.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Westwood branched out quite a bit (Blade Runner, NOX, the best goddamned version of Monopoly to date) but all anyone knows them for is C&C. Weird.

I always remember them for Lands of Lore, that game was pretty groundbreaking in some ways. Shame the sequel was rear end.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Nipponophile posted:

Yeah, and I still haven't been able to find more than just the one episode of Ero-Game Center SEX. What gives?

I'm still holding out hope that one of those will be an April Fools release this year.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Never underestimate Arino's ability to struggle with short and/or easy games.

Ducktales has different endings depending on how much treasure you collect, right? Getting the best ending would probably be reasonably challenging.

If I remember right, it has two endings, with the super good one happening if you have over 10,000,000 at the end. In order to get that much, it's pretty much necessary to clear out levels, then talk to Launchpad when a certain digit of your score is 7, which sends you into a secret bonus game.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
My dream for the new season would be Arino taking on Ralph's Daibouken for PSX and Shinrei Jusatsushi Taroumaru for Saturn if only for the sheer spectacle value of the quality 2D in the former and his inevitable descent into madness trying to clear the latter.

Or him aiming for the best ending on The Ooze for the Genesis.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Who wants a slice of Inoko MAX's birthday cake?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
This is the part where I carefully cut out a piece and then take everything but that piece.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

Who wants a slice of Inoko MAX's birthday cake?
And Matsui's, looks like? :squints:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Hirayuki posted:

And Matsui's, looks like? :squints:

It looks a bit like that could be a shared cake (Matsui turned 23 on Wednesday), but the other name on the cake is not how it's spelled on the show, the official Game Center CX calendar (source for everyone's birthdays and counting down to the 10th anniversary), and Wikipedia so I have to assume the cake was for Inoko MAX and some other Matsui.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

It looks a bit like that could be a shared cake (Matsui turned 23 on Wednesday), but the other name on the cake is not how it's spelled on the show, the official Game Center CX calendar (source for everyone's birthdays and counting down to the 10th anniversary), and Wikipedia so I have to assume the cake was for Inoko MAX and some other Matsui.
It's the same spelling/same guy (松井) per Japanese Wikipedia. Happy birthday! :toot:

Hirayuki fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 8, 2013

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Hirayuki posted:

It's the same spelling/same guy (松井) per Japanese Wikipedia. Happy birthday! :toot:

What? That's two separate characters on the cake. :v:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Hirayuki posted:

What are the odds that there's another Matsui involved in the show whose name would be on a birthday cake and who just turned 23 (which is also the age on this cake?) It's probably more likely someone screwed up the spelling between giving the order to the bakery and writing on the cake. Happy birthday, whoever you are! :toot:

I'm pretty sure this happened in Ace Attorney 2 in the Japanese version, so it definitely happens. :v:

That Japanese KQ5 is amazing, it's now the second dubbed PC game I'm aware of (the other being Ultima 9). I especially like how the acting quality and choice of voice actors is pretty much identical quality-wise in the English and Japanese versions.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
Wait wait wait there's a KQ5 dub...

...does...does that mean there's a KQ6 dub???

I'm not gonna get my hopes up but man I love that game...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El-Bonko
Oct 9, 2012

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

Hahaha, I just thought of one other - Gyromite. Can you imagine him playing through that game trying to work with a robot the whole time? His reactions to it would either be hilarious or rage fueled and hilarious. Maybe he would figure out what every other kid without R.O.B. did and just beat the game holding two controllers.

I swear I've seen this in some segment. Arino was scolded by Kibe (or possibly an AD) for pushing the buttons himself instead of using the robot. I didn't dream this, did I?