Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Jay posted:

Don't want to give away where I am. No more tweets for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Millard Fillmore
Jan 31, 2009

Foreign policy...in drag?
Things just got much more interesting in this administration.

Jay (@marblehornets) posted:

No more live feed for tonight I guess. :(

edit: beaten by a minute!

Mitthrawnuruodo
Apr 10, 2007

You have no fucking idea how hungry I am
You think people aren't gonna fuckin work it out from the photo

(I suppose it could be outside the hospital)

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Millard Fillmore posted:

No more live feed for tonight I guess. :(

Keep hope alive, the poo poo may hit the fan just yet.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

That drat Satyr posted:

Yeah, honestly having grown up living in a house out in the middle of the woods in the backwoods of NC... and now living pretty much in the middle of a national forest, I can safely say there is very little that terrifies me more than a dark forest at night. I don't really know why, but because of that, this poo poo strikes me way harder on the 'oh god no auuuugh' scale than it probably should.

Augh that picture. I almost didn't upload it because i didn't want to look at it that long. I don't want to be that 'oooh I had to turn the light on' person but.. ugh, gently caress the forest.

Man if you hate the forest, why are you living in one now???

Live MH... So, bets are on either Rosswood Park or the Asylum. Which one do you think Jay is at? :munch:

The third, obvious alternative is the distortion hole.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk

Kavak posted:

Yeah, I can only hope in ~10 miniutes we get an 'OH poo poo gently caress HELP' with a picture from inside the hole at the hospital or something. :tinfoil:

Drunk Tomato posted:

Man if you hate the forest, why are you living in one now???

Because that's pretty much all this awful state has, unfortunately. And we got the house for stupidly cheap, so... I generally just don't go out at night without my dog and manage to tell myself that there is not a bear waiting out there to eat me. :(

Also... poo poo, I totally forgot about the Distortion Hole. Have they even touched on anything about that since that one (or two?) episodes from the first season?

That Damn Satyr fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Aug 9, 2012

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

That drat Satyr posted:

I guess the show might be over, for now. :(

1:06 AM - 9 Aug 12 via Twitter for Android

God drat it Jay! What a tease! :negative:

Millard Fillmore
Jan 31, 2009

Kavak posted:

That drat Satyr posted:

Yeah, I can only hope in ~10 miniutes we get an 'OH poo poo gently caress HELP' with a picture from inside the hole at the hospital or something. :tinfoil:

So hoping for this.

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

Man, this buildup feels like something you'd do for a finale. Jay frantically running out to save Tim, tweeting creepy pictures along the way and followed by silence.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
Maybe the buildup to the Tim/Jay team up wherein they take on Slendy head on, with Skimasky as the deus ex that finally allows them to end this terrible cycle.

Or they all die. Whichever.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
What is the evidence we have that Jay is not skimasky? Someone mentioned the time skimasky returned Jay's camera to his car. Was this after Jay encountered slenderman in a clearing, dropped the camera, and ran away? It's been so long I forgot exactly why Jay was ruled out as being skimasky in that case. Could Jay have become skimasky after running away, then returned for the camera? I guess I'll have to go back and rewatch that part if someone doesn't jump in. Was there also a time where Jay was like sleeping in his car and skimasky walked by or am I remembering wrong?

Anyways where I'm going with all of this is that Jay went all crazy on twitter, and then we get a video of skimasky haunting Tim, and then right after the video is uploaded Jay is back to normal with no mention of his strange tweets. To me thinking that the video is of Jay himself only with a different identity doesn't seem like much of a stretch at all.

The tricky part is that the person who posted it not only seems to be skimasky, but also tta. TTA has also posted footage that pretty conclusively had to be shot by Tim as masky (I'm thinking specifically of the early one showing Jay at Brian's house.)

I propose that TTA is the mask persona, and that the persona is donned by people when the slender sickness becomes too great. From this I would then expect that skimasky taking away Tim's pills was in an effort to turn him back into masky, giving the TTA entity more bodies to work with. I'm hoping the next entry is Jay looking desperately for Tim and encountering masky back in full force.

As to what the mask wants.... To be slenderman's face of course.

\/\/\/\/ Yeah I think I remember that too. Alright, when Jay walked through that door in season 1 he came out the other side in rosswood park as skimasky and went and visited his future self. That's right, time traveling Jays :ms:

HyperPuma fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Aug 9, 2012

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Didn't we see Jay sleeping in his car as Skimasky stood outside? Something like that?

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
My question is... If Jay dies, who's going to post the final entry? :ohdear:

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

robodex posted:

My question is... If Jay dies, who's going to post the final entry? :ohdear:

Totheark

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Formerly known as Doug Rattman

But what if totheark is Jay?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Doug Rattman posted:

But what if totheark is Jay?

Then who was phone?
oh god i'm sorry

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Jay isn't totheark or skimask man. From jay's twitter he is writing as if he was trying to regain control of his accounts WHILE they were updating.

Has there been any proof totheark and skimask man aren't one and the same? Totheark uses the same font and style as the person that uploaded jay's "entry" and I don't think ski mask man would be like "hey totheark I got this sweet footage do your thing and we'll put it on jay's account". Totheark has always been a master at sneaking around filming people, and skimask man is doing a pretty good job of that in this entry as well.

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Aug 9, 2012

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Please Sam, don't use the word 'acumen' again.
I got some distortion on a post, I think The Operator may be in this thread! :stonk:

e: What the gently caress? When I copied/pasted that distortion into notepad, it's very tiny text that says "oh god i'm sorry".

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dragyn fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 9, 2012

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Theory: Jay has already been replaced with someone else. Proof: his phone has changed :ohdear:

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Dragyn posted:

I got some distortion on a post, I think The Operator may be in this thread! :stonk:

e: What the gently caress? When I copied/pasted that distortion into notepad, it's very tiny text that says "oh god i'm sorry".

It's not distortion, it's like 7-8 nested sub tags.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

AbortRetryFail posted:

Jay isn't totheark or skimask man. From jay's twitter he is writing as if he was trying to regain control of his accounts WHILE they were updating.

Has there been any proof totheark and skimask man aren't one and the same? Totheark uses the same font and style as the person that uploaded jay's "entry" and I don't think ski mask man would be like "hey totheark I got this sweet footage do your thing and we'll put it on jay's account". Totheark has always been a master at sneaking around filming people, and skimask man is doing a pretty good job of that in this entry as well.

It seems a pretty good bet that skimasky is TTA, or at least part of it if there's a group. I've long felt that TTA is at least two people, who may even be in conflict. There was a tweet a long time ago where Jay himself said it seemed like totheark's messages came from different people at different times. Sometimes it's like the videos are trying to goad Jay into action and help him (albeit in the creepiest format possible), other times they are explicit death threats.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Real post: keep in mind Jay has been an unreliable narrator before; for all we know the big twist could be that he was actually making the updates, then tried to cover it up by claiming he was "hacked."

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Please Sam, don't use the word 'acumen' again.

robodex posted:

Real post: keep in mind Jay has been an unreliable narrator before; for all we know the big twist could be that he was actually making the updates, then tried to cover it up by claiming he was "hacked."

...or the far more likely, given how this has worked in the past, "he has no idea that he did actually post that".

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

You have to get out right now...the tweets are coming from inside your new phone.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So do we have a confirmed number of updates left in this season?

Suurikelmi
Mar 17, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Why would anyone want to know?

Millard Fillmore
Jan 31, 2009

Captain_Indigo posted:

You have to get out right now...the tweets are coming from inside your new phone.

Your phone is possessed by a murderous AI with a penchant for the scientific method.... and audio distortion.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The first two have been 26 episodes, so we've probably got plenty to go.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Kalos posted:

The first two have been 26 episodes, so we've probably got plenty to go.

Wasn't this season suppose to be a half season? They had the end planned out but realized they couldn't do it with out it feeling rushed at the end of Season 2 so they pushed into the third one?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Volume posted:

Wasn't this season suppose to be a half season? They had the end planned out but realized they couldn't do it with out it feeling rushed at the end of Season 2 so they pushed into the third one?

The last part is true, but i don't remember them ever saying it would be a smaller season

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Why is no one spergin' bout the shoes skimasky was wearing? That's gotta be a clue right?

Some of you new guys pick up the slack.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

fullroundaction posted:

Why is no one spergin' bout the shoes skimasky was wearing? That's gotta be a clue right?

haha for real. There's plenty of sideburn analysis to be done!

I'm late to the party, just caught up. I wonder when we'll get another update.. soon, I'm sure. Whoever said this feels like it could be leading up to a series finale, I get that vibe too. Also,

HyperPuma posted:

As to what the mask wants.... To be slenderman's face of course.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

fullroundaction posted:

I was wondering about that when I watched it actually, whether they were the same shoes that Jay was wearing when he confronted Tim. I'll watch it and report back.

Edit: Nope

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk

fullroundaction posted:

Hey now, we don't want to start slinging any false accusations about who SkiMasky might be. Of all people, posters in this thread should know that stuff like that causes Slanderman to show up.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

That drat Satyr posted:

Hey now, we don't want to start slinging any false accusations about who SkiMasky might be. Of all people, posters in this thread should know that stuff like that causes Slanderman to show up.

That doesn't make ANY sense.

Slander is spoken. In print, it's libel.

Millard Fillmore
Jan 31, 2009

fullroundaction posted:

He must have gotten some fashion advice from..... trenderman.... :downsrim:

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Millard Fillmore posted:

He must have gotten some fashion advice from..... trenderman.... :downsrim:

That physically hurt.

Mitthrawnuruodo
Apr 10, 2007

You have no fucking idea how hungry I am

fullroundaction posted:

Yeah, I thought about it when I saw the shoes, because for some reason I thought SkiMasky might be Jay, but Entry 59 was on the related videos, the thumbnail being Jay's (different) shoe. I did think SkiMasky did seem to have Troy's physicality in parts, but I could be utterly wrong.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
I'm guessing Alex, and ToTheArk is Alex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
But we saw Skimasky chasing Alex in the woods, so it can't be Alex.

• Locked thread