Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I hope everyone likes beetles http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1092521

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Cyntalan posted:

Actually, it looks to be a Gateway problem. Doing it manually does the same thing when you first attempt to load the task list.

This is working for me, but my script is lightly modified (not related to task selection, but still). Are people still seeing it?

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Is the Legendary mount faster than the epic mount? I notice that page doesn't really mention it although it specifically mentions the epic is 110%

Probably no way to know for sure until one drops in-game.

quote:

Are people still seeing it?

I'm getting the error in FireFox even with GreaseMonkey disabled. Looks like a Gateway thing.

Although it works fine on another PC in Chrome. :confused:

Exodor fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 13, 2014

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Istar's Guide to Clerkin like a Jerk

Wanna clerk like the biggest jerk clerk who ever lurked? Here's how:

Ability Scores

Until your gearscore is 14k+ just ignore wisdom. The returns are really negligible. Pop every point into STR and CHA.

Heroic Feats

Greater Fortune 3/3 - Bigger heals.

Toughness 3/3 - Helps keep you alive.

Holy Resolve 3/3 - Mainly a PVP power but this can be really helpful during those oh poo poo moments. Usually the cleric is the last to go down in a dungeon so PVE use is marginal until really tough fights like Dracolich.

Weapon Mastery 3/3 - Crit is one of our main stats so this is great.

Repurpose Soul 3/3 - This turns all of your crits into an AOE heal. This is a very good feat and one of the reasons a cleric should prioritize crit.

Cleanse 1/3 (3/3 if Human) - This helps get rid of a few nasty spells like poison in DK and webbing in TotS. 1 point is plenty for most as it has an 8 second cooldown.

Bountiful Fortune 4/5 (5/5 if Human) - More divinity lets you fire off more divine Astral Shields and Forgemaster's Flames.

Path Feats

We will go mainly into the Faithful path but dip into the other two.

Virtuous

Rising Hope 2/5 - 2 points in this will give the +15% Recov/Power buff a 99% uptime.

Faithful

Deepstone Blessing 5/5 - I chose this over enduring relief as you tend to be spamming Sacred Flame and it helps when people are using their PVP trinket or you have to cast Divine Armor during oh poo poo moments. This synergizes well with GWF tanks too.

Linked Spirit 5/5 - Great +5% to stats buff for party. Cast normal Sunburst then hit tab to proc this every rotation. This has been patched away.

Benefit of Foresight 5/5 - This makes our best class feature even better by adding even more damage mitigation.

Moontouched 5/5 - This makes our best daily even better with a +5% HP heal every 3 seconds which adds up to a 25% of HP heal over the course of the daily.

Righteous

Divine Advantage 2/5 - This prevents people from receiving combat advantage damage and helps keep the CWs alive during big pulls. 2 seconds is plenty to have it on most of the time.

Righteous Rage of Tempus 3/5 - More divinity is always good.

Ethereal Boon 4/5 - This is great for keeping divinity up and why as a cleric you should be spamming your powers even out of combat.

New build:

Encounters

Your normal dungeon rotation is going to be:

Sunburst - Small instant heal/AOE and great AP generator. Try to hit monsters and allies at the same time as it buffs the AP generation. Do not cast this in divine mode as this will make everyone, especially CWs, angry as it can move their shard. In certain areas where you can knock stuff off of cliffs/into pits you can help out the group and instant kill monsters with this one. After casting hit tab to activate the Linked Spirit buff. This has been patched away.

Note: Divine Sunburst acts as an interrupt and can be useful in certain fights such as the last boss of TotS to stop the blademasters. This is an exception to the rule however so use discretion.

Forgemaster's Flame - Cast this in divine mode for our most powerful heal. Try to hit something big that won't die soon. On things with huge hitboxes like dragons this covers a very large area. If you are super low on divinity just fire this off and cast it divine mode next rotation.

Astral Shield - 20% mitigation buff and heal over time. Try to always cast this in divine mode. If the pack of mobs is almost dead/the party's health is high it's ok to cast this in regular mode. NOTE- if you are partying with another cleric yellow and blue shields stack for an incredible +40% mitigation. If I see you stacking the same color in pvp/gauntlegrym/whatever I will make fun of you for being stupid.

On fights where you must be far away/kite swap out Forgemaster's for

Healing Word - You have to aim this one. If you don't aim at a party member it will be cast on you. Divine Healing Word is a nice instant heal and you can stack the HoT from both divine and non-divine mode. This is good on fights where you're kiting and have to be mobile as it heals both you and your target and the casting animation is very quick.

On fights where everyone has 14k+ GS swap out Forgemaster's for

Divine Glow - Normal mode is a huge armor debuff to mobs. Divine mode adds a damage buffs to friendlies hit. Nice damage on this one too so it can really speed up fights if you don't need to worry about healing as much. Casting this right after an Arcane Singularity can help you hit the most targets for this spell. Certain speed based or dps burn fights like the Gauntlgrym T2 dungeon or Valindra's phase 3 can really benefit from using this on the boss.

At-Wills

Sacred Flame - The third hit of this power gives nearby allies temporary hitpoints. Try to go through at least a 3 hit rotation using this as it synergizes well with Deepstone Blessing.

Astral Seal - This spell gives healing to whoever hits its target like Lifesteal. Put this on a few things initially into each encounter to help out with healing. No benefit other than duration refresh if you spam it so only cast it again when it falls off.

Daily Powers

Hallowed Ground - Should be used almost always, especially feated with Moontouched. It provides a huge defense/offense buff and heals 5% of hp every 3 secs when feated.

Divine Armor - Throw this out if poo poo really hits the fan.

Do not bother with damaging dailies outside of soloing.

Class Features

Foresight - This is a huge mitigation buff and the main reason to pick the Divine Oracle paragon path. This should always be on your bar unless you are partying with another cleric as this does not stack.

Holy Fervor - This one should also almost always be on your bar as more AP = more Hallowed Ground uptime.

If you are really really struggling with divinity consider:

Divine Fortune - Makes your healing spells give divinity. Only works on Healing Word, Astral Shield, and Bastion of Health.

DPS Mode

Grouped with another cleric? This is what your bar should look like.

Encounters:

Sunburst, Divine Glow, and

Daunting Light - This is the cleric's most powerful AOE spell. When this is cast in normal mode it takes a few seconds before going off so only cast on stationary targets or those in the middle of an Arcane Singularity in normal mode. In divine mode this is instant so go hog-wild. Middle of a singularity/on top of a tank with lots of threat are great places to cast this.

If your group is lacking control consider using

Chains of Blazing Light - This is an AOE root spell. In normal mode it takes a few seconds before activating much like Daunting Light. In Divine Mode this turns into an instant and does decent damage while covering a large area. This spell lasts about 15 seconds fully upgraded so you can use it to set traps in PVP or set some chains down and then divine Sunburst people into them.

At-Wills:

Sacred Flame and

Brand of the Sun - This is our Damage Over Time at-will. Cast this on anything bigger than a minion and let it tick. Casting this again on the same target will only refresh the duration so wait until it falls off to recast. This spell is also good at building divinity in fights where you have to be very mobile.

Class Features:

Holy Fervor and

Terrifying Insight - This adds a damage buff the more a target is hit and synergizes well with the DoT component of Brand of the Sun since each tick will stack the buff.

Daily Powers:

Hallowed Ground - This will still be your main daily. Note that 2 Hallowed Grounds will not stack so try to set yours off as soon as the other one ends.

2nd power can be your choice I'd still recommend Divine Armor since Hallowed is a bigger dps increase than any other damaging power.

Solo PVE/Dailies Mode

At-Wills: Sacred Flame and Brand of the Sun
Encounters: Chains of Blazing Light, Divine Glow, and Daunting Light - swap in Healing Word for one of these if you find you need more self-healing.
Dailies: Hallowed Ground on bosses and control immune monsters and Flame Strike on minions and such
Class Features: Holy Fervor and Terrifying Insight

Gearing

Offensive Stats

Focus on getting recovery and crit to 3k as soon as possible, then dump the rest into power. You can optionally get ArPen to around 12% to kill minions once you've hit 3k on your important stats but with the cleric's low dps you will not see huge returns outside of soloing.

Defensive Stats

Clerk is best when he is alive and healing/buffing your party. For t2 content focus on getting Defense around 2-2.5k. Afterwards work on getting HitPoints to 26k+. Many of your spells heal a % of HP so you will see big benefits stacking this. Regen is always useful so try to get around 1k from artifacts and such. After you hit these numbers dump some points in Deflect if you want a little more PVP survivability. Do not bother with Lifesteal. Your normal setup has 1/3 to 1/2 of your powers doing no damage and cleric does so little damage that it is a worthless stat.

Utility

Slot it all with +Movement speed. As a cleric you get 2 dodges per full stamina bar and you need every little bit of Movement to avoid the red circles.

Weapon Enchant

There are 2 camps for weapon enchants.

For stronger healing go with Vorpal. Bigger crits = bigger heals. This is important in low gs parties without a lot of lifesteal and regen.

In higher gs parties with more defensive stats go with Terror or Plaguefire. The debuff from these enchants will allow you to kill things more quickly and make your runs shorter. Personally I like Terror better because DC's attack slowly and it's hard to keep 3 stacks of Plaguefire up since a stack of it only lasts 3 seconds. Go with whichever one you prefer however.

Armor Enchant

Use Soulforged until you are very confident in your ability to survive. Lesser is fine for pve. Higher than that will make you an annoying unkillable arse in PVP. If you're confident in your survivability consider something like Briartwine for increased dps.

Armor Sets

Guess what? As a cleric most of your gear sets are complete trash.

Current best in slot cleric armor is the t1 set High Prophet as a full stack can increase party damage by 30%. When you kill poo poo faster you have to heal less.

If your gs is low consider Miracle Healer as it focuses on the important clerk stats of Recovery and Crit. Be aware that the 4 piece bonus is currently bugged and will almost always only heal you. This can be ok if you have low survivability as it avoids the Righteousness debuff but in general I'd skip this set once you've hit 3k crit/recov.

Gauntlgrym armor can be used as a super budget option for more Divinity/+5% to Healing but be aware it stacks Lifesteal heavily.

Do not bother with any t2.5 armor as it is ArPen laden trash and has little to no Recovery.

Weapon

Get the one with the highest damage. Go from Mulhorand -> GG coin weapon -> Malabog's Castle Weapon or Ancient set for set bonus -> VT dropped Dread Legion set -> Crafted for simplest upgrade path. Or skip the whole thing and power level artificing from the start.

Artifacts

Grab the Waters of Elah'zad at 20.

Grind out the Blood Crystal Raven Skull PVP artifact.

3rd artifact is player's choice but the +Crit/+AP generation on the Thayan Book of the Dead looks good.

Emblem of the Seldarine has one of the best healing actives but the stats aren't great.

Budget options:

Lantern of Revelation for crit

Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue for movement/deflect/convenience

Eye of Lathander - the active on this allows you to revive people that are stuck in the red and can make runs a lot smoother. Defense is good and incoming healing can help marginally offset righteousness.

Boons

Grab whichever ones will help fill out the stats you need. Avoid Lifesteal and avoid the bugged +Deflection Severity one. Note that the self healing boons are debuffed 40% by Righteousness so in general I would steer towards the damage proc ones.

Burning Guidance and Elven Resolve should be your top tier picks.

Burning Guidance turns your Astral Shield/Astral Seals into small dots that can really add up. I've increased my DPS in dungeon runs by 20% with just this one feat. Rampaging Madness does affect heals but DC's attack rather slowly so the uptime is diminished.

Want to sperg out even more?

Check out this guide:

http://laggygamerz.com/forum/index.php?/topic/17-kaelac%E2%80%99s-guide-to-devoted-clerics-in-neverwinter/

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 18, 2014

Cyntalan
Jun 28, 2011
There's a few threads now on PW's forums about the gateway error. Apparently people are having issues with SCA too.

I'm missing my script already... :negative:

EDIT: Hotfix applied a half hour ago. Gotta clear your cache, but it'll work after.

Cyntalan fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 13, 2014

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Exodor posted:

Is the Legendary mount faster than the epic mount? I notice that page doesn't really mention it although it specifically mentions the epic is 110%

Probably no way to know for sure until one drops in-game.

It's exactly the same, just orange. 110% speed, same 5 hits to knock you off, etc.

Cyntalan
Jun 28, 2011

Azhais posted:

It's exactly the same, just orange. 110% speed, same 5 hits to knock you off, etc.

:doh:

So... why would you want one over the other? Just color?

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Firstly, thanks for the purple Alch tools, I'll get them back later today/first thing tomorrow. Already loving the extra slots I've unlocked.

Secondly- so with the new Alch packs out, there is a huge glut of green Alchemists on the market for between 1-1.5k AD. Green Crucibles and Mortars are ~6.2k. Meanwhile, their purple equivalents are 180k, 300k, and 380k ish. By my math, it would take 90 hours to convert 16 greens into 1 purple. If you did it with mortars, assuming the prices stay the same for those 90 hours, you'd be making 180k AD for those 90 hours. Which seems like it's pretty decent.

Is my math and this whole line of reasoning somewhat sound, or am I being an idiot in some key but elusive way which I just can't see in front of my face? Only big thing I can see that would tank the plan would be that I'm sure heaps of other people are doing it, but at worst you end up with some rather cheap purple assets that you don't move.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

FelixReynolds posted:

Firstly, thanks for the purple Alch tools, I'll get them back later today/first thing tomorrow. Already loving the extra slots I've unlocked.

Secondly- so with the new Alch packs out, there is a huge glut of green Alchemists on the market for between 1-1.5k AD. Green Crucibles and Mortars are ~6.2k. Meanwhile, their purple equivalents are 180k, 300k, and 380k ish. By my math, it would take 90 hours to convert 16 greens into 1 purple. If you did it with mortars, assuming the prices stay the same for those 90 hours, you'd be making 180k AD for those 90 hours. Which seems like it's pretty decent.

Is my math and this whole line of reasoning somewhat sound, or am I being an idiot in some key but elusive way which I just can't see in front of my face? Only big thing I can see that would tank the plan would be that I'm sure heaps of other people are doing it, but at worst you end up with some rather cheap purple assets that you don't move.

It takes 90 hours, and those lockboxes just went on sale. In 90 hours, I'm sure you'll see a ton of them.

But yeah, it's going to be a great time to buy alchemy assets. I expect to see Leadership assets go up in price gradually over the next several weeks, too, given that you're no longer pulling those out of boxes.

EDIT: Note that I'm not saying you won't make money doing that, just that you're definitely not guaranteed to make money doing that, and don't be surprised if you end up breaking even or worse.

Of course, if you want the purple alchemy guys on the cheap anyway (which I don't think is a terrible investment), go to town.

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 14, 2014

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Cyntalan posted:

:doh:

So... why would you want one over the other? Just color?

It says it right there man!

this extremely rare beetle is prized above all overs for his iridescent sheen. Players riding this brightly colored regal beetle will be the envy of all Adventurers. Don’t miss out on your chance to own this irreplaceable mount!

Giant Beetle– Though not as exceptional as the Emperor Beetle

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

FelixReynolds posted:

Green Crucibles and Mortars are ~6.2k.

Just picked up a green crucible for 3999. Prices seem to be dropping fast.

I assume the blue and purples will drop in price to match but for now I'm grabbing a few while they're cheap.

Cyntalan
Jun 28, 2011

Don Tacorleone posted:

It says it right there man!

this extremely rare beetle is prized above all overs for his iridescent sheen. Players riding this brightly colored regal beetle will be the envy of all Adventurers. Don’t miss out on your chance to own this irreplaceable mount!

Giant Beetle– Though not as exceptional as the Emperor Beetle

And yet... I still am not seeing the point. :iiam:

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Any thoughts on playing the long game with the Rusted Iron lockboxes? Might there be some worth in holding onto them for, say, 6-12 months? Right now the suckers are flowing like water, but I could foresee a circumstance where they might be worth some non-trivial amount in the future.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Cyntalan posted:

And yet... I still am not seeing the point. :iiam:

I can't tell if you're doing this on purpose or not. The Legendary drop is extremely more rarer than the Elite. This poo poo ain't rocket science. PW can make whatever market they want for an item just by making it more rare than another similar item. The beetle could be puke green and every time you mount it your genitals get electrocuted. People will still want it because the drop rate is .0000000001%.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

unimportantguy posted:

Any thoughts on playing the long game with the Rusted Iron lockboxes? Might there be some worth in holding onto them for, say, 6-12 months? Right now the suckers are flowing like water, but I could foresee a circumstance where they might be worth some non-trivial amount in the future.
Nightmare lockboxes don't go for all that much right now. However, if you've got several hundred, it's only one bank slot to hang on to them.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Is there something I can do to speed up Alchemy? It seems to be going slower than other crafting professions, I thought it should be faster.

From what I've seen, you only level up randomly when some Alchemical research "drops" some XP, and the rest of your crafting slots are worthless, just making potions?

I've got 8 slots working it but it's still level 4

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Don Tacorleone posted:

Is there something I can do to speed up Alchemy? It seems to be going slower than other crafting professions, I thought it should be faster.

From what I've seen, you only level up randomly when some Alchemical research "drops" some XP, and the rest of your crafting slots are worthless, just making potions?

You run Rank X Experimentation until you get enough [Basic Alchemical Knowledge]s to run Alchemical Research. Alchemical Research levels you up to the next rank fully.

So, for instance, Rank 4 Experimentation requires minor potions of force, fortification, and rejuvenation, along with Aqua Vitae. Each time you do an Rank 4 Experimentation task, there's a random chance you'll get a [Basic Alchemical Knowledge]. The Alchemical Research task at rank 4 requires you to have 4 [Basic Alchemical Knowledge) in order to do it, but once you have those 4, that's all you need to hit 5.

The game will show you what the next-rank research requires, so if you do it right, it should really only take you about two weeks to get to 20, if that. Definitely keep an eye on what potions you're going to need for future experimentations, and run the rare "mass potion" tasks for those potions (or just buy them on the AH, if you're part of the one percent). You'll be able to mass produce Aqua Vitae around level 8, and that will speed things up significantly; in the meantime, make sure you've always got at least ten Aqua Vitae and at least 30 of each vitriol on hand in order to run those rare tasks you need when they come up.

There is a bug (or, at least, I have repeatedly encountered a bug) where the game does not tell you when it drops the [Basic Alchemical Knowledge]s from the Rank X Experimentation tasks, so make sure you're keeping an eye on it so you know when you qualify.

Alchemy is actually very quick to level up, generally. Now would actually probably be a really good time to buy a bunch of alchemists and start levelling it like crazy, just to unlock your "3 crafts to 20" slot. I think it's a little gold-intensive, but if you're 60, you can probably afford it.

EDIT: Oh, also, you can only run one Rank X Experimentation OR one Alchemical Research at a time, so do your best to always be running one. While you're waiting on Alchemical Research to complete is a good time to work on the potions you'll need for the next rank's Experimentation.

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 14, 2014

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Anyone know the deets on that Star Metal Gauntlet?

Toothache
Apr 5, 2011

Platypus = God's beta testing animal
On the surface, it looks to have the exact same items you can get with the Adamantine Gauntlet. I suspect there are different odds for items between the two, but the important thing is you can get multiple Star Metal Gauntlets per day (but one at a time) so farming the chest is somewhat possible if you're willing to pay for keys. So, playing on people's relative impatience, basically.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Don Tacorleone posted:

What you need to do is hoard minor/regular/major/greater potions of all types, so when you need to do research you're not wasting time making the sub-combines. I realized this late in the game but I was levelling a 2nd character when I did, so I just mailed all my potions to my alchemist as I got them and I was 20 in less than a week. You can also raid the AH for any potions you may lack and then re-sell them if you have any left over after you progress past them, but by the time I was doing level 14+ alchemy I already had so many collected from drops that it wasn't necessary.

Cyntalan
Jun 28, 2011

jabro posted:

I can't tell if you're doing this on purpose or not. The Legendary drop is extremely more rarer than the Elite. This poo poo ain't rocket science. PW can make whatever market they want for an item just by making it more rare than another similar item. The beetle could be puke green and every time you mount it your genitals get electrocuted. People will still want it because the drop rate is .0000000001%.

Woah man, settle down. I was just being facetious. Just that they have no shame in their "different in color only" super rare drop. It's ridiculous. The fact that people will eat that poo poo up just ices the cake.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Cyntalan posted:

Woah man, settle down. I was just being facetious. Just that they have no shame in their "different in color only" super rare drop. It's ridiculous. The fact that people will eat that poo poo up just ices the cake.

They do rare garments too (my gold tights!), or in the cash shop. Cosmetic items having prices out of line with their gameplay effects, film at 11.

If they'd made it just an epic that dropped less frequently, I think it would have been better, but I guess they want to start to roll in legendary items, and this doesn't require them to think about itemization balancing. (After Mulhorand weapons, though, I think they may have given up on itemization balancing completely.)

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Cyntalan posted:

I wasn't being a dick about or at least didn't mean to come off that way. I really couldn't tell if you were serious or not so was just explaining it.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Is anyone else using Chrome with the script getting relatively frequent tab-crashes for the gateway tab? It's started to be more than daily for me recently. :smith:

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

Is anyone else using Chrome with the script getting relatively frequent tab-crashes for the gateway tab? It's started to be more than daily for me recently. :smith:

I've had them, but far less rarely; like maybe once ever 4 days to a week. You're switching characters far more often than I am though, so maybe it's the frequency that's making yours more common.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004
New Call to Arms event coming next weekend.

I really enjoyed the last CTA since it's perfect for my 30-minutes-at-a-time playstyle.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
If you're at all interested in selling zen for AD, just put up an optimistic posting and you might luck out. This marketplace is more volatile than bitcoins in few days after a new chest.

It looks like Alchemist prices are stabilizing but sometimes you'll see people dumping them at very low prices.
In general I'd recommend immediately buying at the following prices:
Alchemist: 1300 or less
Crucible: 4000 or less
Philosopher stone: 3000 or less.

I'm not tracking the prices too carefully so let me know if you have a better recommendation and I'll edit this post.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Subjunctive posted:

Not quite daily, but pretty often. Enough that I keep an eye on it with teamviewer from work occasionally.

On the topic of the script: Is there any way to disable the "fill all optional slots" behaviour? It's spooling up spending the next week hiring carvers now that my artificer hit 14 and its stuffed all 8 of my blue assets into two jobs and is on a hiring spree. There's no way I'm saving time delaying training for a week to get a 15% bonus

tasukiscool
Feb 15, 2003

Voted most likely to be tied to train tracks 2007 - 2008
Slippery Tilde
I have Chrome crash every few days with the script, but Firefox hasn't had any of those problems.

Azhais posted:

Not quite daily, but pretty often. Enough that I keep an eye on it with teamviewer from work occasionally.

On the topic of the script: Is there any way to disable the "fill all optional slots" behaviour? It's spooling up spending the next week hiring carvers now that my artificer hit 14 and its stuffed all 8 of my blue assets into two jobs and is on a hiring spree. There's no way I'm saving time delaying training for a week to get a 15% bonus

Yeah there is:

Dilb posted:

Also, it automatically uses as many people as possible. If you want to use just a single guy for tasks, then get rid of (or comment out) everything in the function SelectItemFor. E.g.:
code:
function SelectItemFor(buttonListIn, i, def, prof) {

def.resolve();
        }

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The gluttonous filling is something I need to fix. It's not too hard, but it requires the script to have some more global knowledge than it currently tracks. I hacked around it for Leadership, so that it only used whites for the extra slots. If you disable SelectItemFor, you also won't get the tool bonuses, but you can change

code:
            if (!clicked && prof.taskName !== "Leadership") {
to

code:
            if (false) {
and it'll only use white for bonus slots everywhere. I guess I should just make that the default and tear out the whole section. I'll do that now, it'll be in the next update (which will let you save your task-list customizations between configs, after that point).

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Subjunctive posted:

The gluttonous filling is something I need to fix. It's not too hard, but it requires the script to have some more global knowledge than it currently tracks. I hacked around it for Leadership, so that it only used whites for the extra slots. If you disable SelectItemFor, you also won't get the tool bonuses, but you can change

This is handy, I'll do that for now. I don't actually mind it using better assets for speed, its just when there isn't enough that its annoying. Would it be possible when you update this to have it count the number of assets that are available vs the number of jobs you are configured to start? Like in this case I'm doing 8 artificing jobs with 8 assets, so it wouldn't fill in anything. But if I had 8 assets and 4 jobs, it is more than welcome to use the extra 4 assets for speed, regardless of color

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Azhais posted:

This is handy, I'll do that for now. I don't actually mind it using better assets for speed, its just when there isn't enough that its annoying. Would it be possible when you update this to have it count the number of assets that are available vs the number of jobs you are configured to start? Like in this case I'm doing 8 artificing jobs with 8 assets, so it wouldn't fill in anything. But if I had 8 assets and 4 jobs, it is more than welcome to use the extra 4 assets for speed, regardless of color

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm working on. Look at the slots that need filling, then spread the workers out evenly. The selection algorithm works, I just have to graft it onto the rest of the script and resist rewriting it from scratch as I do so.

Next update should have:
  • Fixed settings-saving on Chrome
  • Better worker allocation (per above)
  • Storing of task preferences as a setting or a separate URL (like pastebin), to make upgrades seamless and let people share configs more easily
  • Slot rechecking before character transition to avoid some "just missed" cases.

I have some other poo poo to take care of, and the script sometimes makes me want to gargle shards of glass, but nonetheless I hope to be able to wrap it all up this weekend.

Possible future stuff:
  • cross-profession fallback ("make this rare from alch, but if it's not up then use the slot for leadership")
  • maybe, selling profession results (like cheap pants and such) to make room
  • AH limit orders: "buy purple mortar if it's below 200K", "buy r5 dark enchants below 100 AD each"
  • "pause for 30 mins", so you can SCA or otherwise poke and not have to remember to unpause
  • faster interactions including character switch

• zen/AD market scraping (a bit annoying because of how they do it, but not impossible)

I'm still pretty torn about the selling-stuff part, because I would be heartbroken if I vendored someone's gemmed pants by accident or whatever. And at some point I'll probably get sick of digging in the gateway, but for now I haven't done any client-side stuff for ages and it seems helpful for people (including myself!)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Azhais posted:

I could probably make it handle being run in two tabs at a time, so that if one crashed the other could continue. Hmm, if they would run in separate processes, I'd have to check that out.

If you're crashing running the script, could you turn on the automatically-report-crashes thing per https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/96817 and then tell me what's in chrome://crashes after your next one. Might help me work around it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Subjunctive posted:

[*] "pause for 30 mins", so you can SCA or otherwise poke and not have to remember to unpause

If you're looking for feature requests, a daily "go roll the SCA die" would be sweet

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Azhais posted:

If you're looking for feature requests, a daily "go roll the SCA die" would be sweet

I'll have to look at what's involved in that, yeah. Automating SCA dungeons to some degree is *possible*, but would be a lot of work and possibly enough to get on Cryptic's radar.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Subjunctive posted:

I'll have to look at what's involved in that, yeah. Automating SCA dungeons to some degree is *possible*, but would be a lot of work and possibly enough to get on Cryptic's radar.

Wasn't meaning automated dungeons, just the daily d20

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Azhais posted:

Wasn't meaning automated dungeons, just the daily d20

Yeah, that should be doable, from a cursory glance.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
So I am new around here, and A level 19 Rogue. How do I do things? The OP seems a kinda dated.

Mainly what is the best Currency?

I am so lost, I like this game but christ is there alot of money.

Slayer1597 fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 15, 2014

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Slayer1597 posted:

So I am new around here, and A level 19 Rogue. How do I do things? The OP seems a kinda dated.

Mainly what is the best Currency?

I am so lost, I like this game but christ is there alot of money.
AD is the main currency. Pump Leadership as your first craft, do what I tell you to here.

Mostly, run skirmishes and do story poo poo until you hit 60, then get into dailies, Gauntlgrym, and dungeons. If you're willing to drop a little cash on the game, Mulhulorand gear makes leveling way easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Subjunctive posted:

[*] maybe, selling profession results (like cheap pants and such) to make room
[*] AH limit orders: "buy purple mortar if it's below 200K", "buy r5 dark enchants below 100 AD each"
[*] "pause for 30 mins", so you can SCA or otherwise poke and not have to remember to unpause
[*] faster interactions including character switch

I'm still pretty torn about the selling-stuff part, because I would be heartbroken if I vendored someone's gemmed pants by accident or whatever. And at some point I'll probably get sick of digging in the gateway, but for now I haven't done any client-side stuff for ages and it seems helpful for people (including myself!)

It would suck if the script sold some cool gear, perhaps an option to enable only for certain characters so you can avoid having your mains lose stuff, and your mules just go.

• Locked thread