Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
what do you think about winvirus, kilran?

I like yuming's case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

kilran posted:

REASONS WHY RARITY IS A SCUMMER

[1] Votes me for believable reasons ( which is fine! ), believes I am [url="https://"http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658069&userid=168632&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post433608509"]scum but[/url] then undermines her own argument and is wishy washy about it. ERGO = Not a real case.

[2] Unnecessary [url="http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658069&userid=168632&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post433610453"]Lurker Call[url] Out. ERGO = Inflating post count.

[3] [url="http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658069&userid=168632&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post433645395"]Votes Keane because he's not putting effort in[/ur]. ERGO = Lame attempt to look like having an opinion.

[4] The only case she has put forward is a vote for Sombrero.

Ok. So that's Rarity.

I've got a couple of other people I like for scum and I'll put together some cases later.

And yes, this is something of a lurker call out, but one of JakeP, Opponanax and Wins are probably scum.

How am I getting lumped in with Opop and Wins

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
The archive is down atm, but (here) is the game I was referencing re: winvirus.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

JakeP posted:

How am I getting lumped in with Opop and Wins

How aim getting lumped in there at all? I've been pretty active today and I'm pretty sure I've been more active than Kilran

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I'm like the most active

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
Well Chaoslord was one of the players I wanted to look at. I recalled that he hadn't really contributed to the game at all. Looking at his post history, he has a case on Crazy Eyes and then nothing.

Not sure if disinterested town or lurker scum.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Opopanax posted:

How aim getting lumped in there at all? I've been pretty active today and I'm pretty sure I've been more active than Kilran

We don't measure a person by how much they say but the words they use.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Juanito posted:

what do you think about winvirus, kilran?

I like yuming's case.

Win virus...

The only time his posting doesn't read like "Imma vote you lol" is when he defends himself and gets ~~earnest~~.

But if he is a cop, that explains this. I think WV is exactly the sort of player who just pull any old poo poo. Yuming points this out to indicate he's scum. It's a null tell in reality. And I'm loathe lynch our remaining cop (if that's even true).

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

I will do my best!

Going back to page 17, I saw this as an attempt to shift discussion away from scummy behavior and ironically provide a distraction to merk's actual content.

Instead of making a choice to defend himself or push crazy here, he chooses here to focus on meta-mafia arguments. I realize that this is in response to my questioning him, but he brings up the point to begin with.

I still have trouble with this behavior.

Reading my response now, I don't fully get this point across in that moment.

His response is dismissive and arrogant. I've been trying to pay a lot more attention to when players dismiss points against them and only pretend to address whatever concerns are presented in the post, like here.

I actually respond in the affirmative, saying that we should also lynch ce. When I reread that ce post a little later though, I feel like I'm being manipulated, hence "merk fear".

Merk calls out CE for just commenting on other cases rather than pushing his own. I'm pushing other cases and he doesn't even bother to comment.

I could go on but the further we get away from the genesis of my vote the less relevant this content becomes. I'm beat and this post is starting to feel incoherent, so I'll just get right to it.

##duel Capitalist Pig

Did you just spend a huge post casing me only to try to kill Capitalist Pig at the end of it?

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
I'm sitting on the Great Wall of China on WV

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

FYI, I spent all last night in the ER and I have a tube sticking out of me currently. Probably not going to post much for the next day or so. Feel free to replace me if needed ecco.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

wins32767 posted:

FYI, I spent all last night in the ER and I have a tube sticking out of me currently. Probably not going to post much for the next day or so. Feel free to replace me if needed ecco.

I hope you dont have epididimitis

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
also feel better :(

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

kilran posted:

Well Chaoslord was one of the players I wanted to look at. I recalled that he hadn't really contributed to the game at all. Looking at his post history, he has a case on Crazy Eyes and then nothing.

Not sure if disinterested town or lurker scum.

I was going to come storming in here talking about the posts I've made and then I realize, oh, yeah, you're right. I honestly thought I had been posting more! I've been waiting on Wins to come back and tell me what he thought was scummy about my CE case and I had no intention of jumping into the middle of that merk vs the world slapfight because I have no idea what I could have said in that situation that would have been of any help or any content. Lot of posts made, probably something in there. Still looking for it. I have a hard time getting myself to post things unless I feel like "this could be a really big thing!", which is a weakness in my play that I'm trying to work on. I've been making little notes here in there but I haven't found a note big enough that it's been worth a long post and I dunno, I feel like quoting everything that bugs me and going "I dont like this" "I dont like this" is overkill. But I'll work harder at being better. Just don't expect much before Sunday evening, ha.

preview edit: Sorry to hear that wins. I hope everything ends up being okay.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rarity posted:

Duel sounds like some kind of Thunderdome thing to me. I'd like Somber to explain the specifics of the action, then I can look him over again in the light of this new info.

I thought it was a straight dayvig. Might be some flavor aspect to it? I'm an s-tier duelist so maybe CPig's mmr was too low.

Met posted:

So... Somber is a dayvig or what? That'd make CPig immune to death.

##unvote
##vote CapitalistPig

Address my earlier posts about you or I will try again.

yuming I like your winvirus case, I want to hear his response. If you think winvirus and cpig scum is there a reason you think we should lynch winv first?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

chaoslord posted:

I was going to come storming in here talking about the posts I've made and then I realize, oh, yeah, you're right. I honestly thought I had been posting more! I've been waiting on Wins to come back and tell me what he thought was scummy about my CE case and I had no intention of jumping into the middle of that merk vs the world slapfight because I have no idea what I could have said in that situation that would have been of any help or any content . Lot of posts made, probably something in there. Still looking for it. I have a hard time getting myself to post things unless I feel like "this could be a really big thing!", which is a weakness in my play that I'm trying to work on. I've been making little notes here in there but I haven't found a note big enough that it's been worth a long post and I dunno, I feel like quoting everything that bugs me and going "I dont like this" "I dont like this" is overkill. But I'll work harder at being better. Just don't expect much before Sunday evening, ha.

preview edit: Sorry to hear that wins. I hope everything ends up being okay.

Chaos I reallllly don't like this point. You're calling yourself out here on completely and intentionally posting content surrounding something contentious. This doesn't sound like you at all. Rest of your post is wishy-washy white noise too.

wins32767 posted:

:( Sucks dude, hope you're okay.

merk posted:

Did you just spend a huge post casing me only to try to kill Capitalist Pig at the end of it?

that was in response to ras saying that he only saw me voting you because you refused to claim. I don't think you're a good candidate.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
I'm happy for Wins to stay in if he will be ok in a few days.

Also, CPig is probably bulletproof.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

wins32767 posted:

If you're not back on your feet by night I'll ask; spend the weekend recuperating!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Somberbrero posted:

I thought it was a straight dayvig. Might be some flavor aspect to it? I'm an s-tier duelist so maybe CPig's mmr was too low.

Hmmm.

Cpig, do you want to give a reason for Somber's action failing?

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Rarity posted:

Hmmm.

Cpig, do you want to give a reason for Somber's action failing?

Irrelevant. And role fishing.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

kilran posted:

I'm sitting on the Great Wall of China on WV

you know, I'm going in on it and I think you should too. let me readdress my day one case on him.

post by post

winvirus posted:

Hi friends. I'm the cop. I investigated someone night zero and they're scum. I will reveal who once I can look at the OP. Thanks.

:lol: Alright, this is actually really interesting, but I buy that winvirus would throw this down immediately because it works as a trump card in either direction.

winvirus posted:

I'm fully convinced 1-2 of Meinberg, rarity and capitalistpig are scum. So we should go ahead and uh. Take care of that, y'all

drops early suspicion for a plausible claim later. Never mentions Cap again until day two. Pushes Rarity, pushes Meinberg, throws shade at me. Then... investigates cpig.

winvirus posted:

I had no read on somb's vote. I think his "case" on me is idiot hell crap and that he is actually possibly scum now because the dances and leaps of logic to paint me as Badguy are kind of extreme

I'm still a Big Fan of a Meinberg lynch. Or a Rarity or Somb lynch.

How can you have 'no read' one sentence and then think I'm actually scum in the very next? I understand that opinions change but this reads like an inconsistent narrative(scum).

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

kilran posted:

We don't measure a person by how much they say but the words they use.

I stand by my assessment

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

Chaos I reallllly don't like this point. You're calling yourself out here on completely and intentionally posting content surrounding something contentious. This doesn't sound like you at all. Rest of your post is wishy-washy white noise too.

I think you misread what I said? I said I didn't post anything because I couldn't have contributed anything. If you think "It's hard for me to post when I don't feel like I'm making a contribution (or joking at lighter times when it is not inappropriate)" doesn't sound like me at all I think you have a wrong read on me!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##unvote
##vote winvirus

It's winvirus for sure, still thinking about Cap. Investigating cpig doesn't make any real sense from winvirus' perspective.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

##unvote
##vote winvirus

It's winvirus for sure, still thinking about Cap. Investigating cpig doesn't make any real sense from winvirus' perspective.

CPig is a good investigation target after yesterday. He jumped away from Cap for what looked like weird reasoning and had votes all over the place with no reasoning attached to them.

You've done and said some... really weird/wrong poo poo this game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

winvirus posted:

I'm fully convinced 1-2 of Meinberg, rarity and capitalistpig are scum. So we should go ahead and uh. Take care of that, y'all

winvirus even supports the CPig investigation with what looks like a very early gut read.

I'm not saying I 100% believe winvirus' claim, but I am saying that your statement that it "doesn't make any real sense" to investigate CPig is just... wrong. He couldn't have given the thread a reread going back to his gut read on CPig after CE's scum flip?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Also, somb, you need to full claim what was going on with that duel.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Met is a good vote right now. He didn't mention CE all of day 1, voted CPig on a throwaway, and is going about winvirus' claim in a weird way, like he knows it's bullshit but doesn't know what part of it is bullshit (like he knows CPig/winv are not on his scum team that is...).

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Opopanax posted:

I stand by my assessment

same

I think he threw me in there because I correctly called his vote on CE yesterday hedgey as gently caress

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
We should lynch winvirus first, because if he flips paranoid cop.

I'll be p much confirmed town.

As far as I know there's no reason sombers vig should have failed, because I'm vt.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
He won't flip paranoid Cop (he'd at best just flip Cop, did you see Meinberg?), and you're not confirmed Town even if he does flip paranoid Cop.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

We should lynch winvirus first, because if he flips paranoid cop.

I'll be p much confirmed town.

This is a crazy thing to assume. Again he reverts back to the WV investigation being legit (he has flip flopped between that and WV is lying with no consistency). And unless it is one of those games where there are like 5 cops with different sanity, does cop sanity even flip?

Not interested in lynching WV just to maybe confirm your alignment, lynching you is the way to do that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

winvirus even supports the CPig investigation with what looks like a very early gut read.

I'm not saying I 100% believe winvirus' claim, but I am saying that your statement that it "doesn't make any real sense" to investigate CPig is just... wrong. He couldn't have given the thread a reread going back to his gut read on CPig after CE's scum flip?

This actually feels like one of my better arguments. The 'gut read' looks like token suspicion to set up his opening play for the day. It just makes way more sense to investigate, y'know, one of the people he's actually calling scum.

I've claimed everything that's relevant, I'm a dayvig. The duel bit is just flavor.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

merk posted:

He won't flip paranoid Cop (he'd at best just flip Cop, did you see Meinberg?), and you're not confirmed Town even if he does flip paranoid Cop.

That's why I said p much confirmed not 100% definitely.

But that's all a moot point because I'm vt you shitlords.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

This actually feels like one of my better arguments. The 'gut read' looks like token suspicion to set up his opening play for the day. It just makes way more sense to investigate, y'know, one of the people he's actually calling scum.

No, it doesn't. A Day 1 scum flip might change everything you thought about the game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CapitalistPig posted:

That's why I said p much confirmed not 100% definitely.

But that's all a moot point because I'm vt you shitlords.

If 'p much' confirmed means 0% confirmed, I'm with you.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

merk posted:

:newlol:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

merk posted:

Glad we're on same page. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I am someone called Asteres and I'm just a lowly loving townsperson who really digs prendota being queen or something like that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok, so either Somber is bullshitting about duel being a vig or Cpig is bullshitting about being VT. I'll do a full reread of Cpig after dinner but what he's saying right now is really dumb. Barring something crazy, I'm only going to vote one of these two today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rarity posted:

Ok, so either Somber is bullshitting about duel being a vig or Cpig is bullshitting about being VT. I'll do a full reread of Cpig after dinner but what he's saying right now is really dumb. Barring something crazy, I'm only going to vote one of these two today.

How DARE you.

I would NEVER break the sanctity of a pig VT claim.

• Locked thread