Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

serious question: why would anyone ever read a book written by a human again now that ai can generate personalized books about anything you want, on demand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

fart simpson posted:

serious question: why would anyone ever read a book written by a human again now that ai can generate personalized books about anything you want, on demand?

because they’ll be poo poo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

shitface posted:

because they’ll be poo poo

well, you'll no longer be limited by the number of books available. even if the average quality is a bit less, you could read like 100x more of them

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

fart simpson posted:

well, you'll no longer be limited by the number of books available. even if the average quality is a bit less, you could read like 100x more of them

do you want 100 of my posts or 5, say, rotor posts? I think I made my point here :colbert:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

akadajet posted:

it sounds like a computer scripted to sound really flirty.

so I watched the reveal and yeah, that sounds very 'make the computer sexier'. ugh

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

shitface posted:

do you want 100 of my posts or 5, say, rotor posts? I think I made my point here :colbert:

rotor doesn’t make moose milkies

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

fart simpson posted:

you're thinking too ambitiously. kindle one-more-chapter (tm) will launch soon though. updated in early 2025 with the extremely popular "ShipIt!" button.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

from the iyg ebook reader thread:

Zero One posted:

FYI on Kindles... the cover ads are now just 100% AI generated spam books. So if you are buying a Kindle you'll either want to buy the ad free version or attempt to play support roulette and get them to remove ads for free.

I was able to get it removed for free after complaining about this poo poo being inappropriate for kids:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

please program my robit gf to never break up with me.
https://x.com/krassenstein/status/1790077254917115935

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil

Clark Nova posted:

potion-seller, please! your strongest potion

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Clark Nova posted:

i simply use a kindle that is too old to have ads

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I'm surprised yours is still working; I got sick of buying new kindles as they died and gave up

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i've had to put new batteries in it but yeah, it's almost 14 years old now. no more "lifetime" 3g but whatever, it's fine. i recently bought a second one for like $20 for my kid to use too.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
bump. post your "funny" LLM spew here instead of the bauble thread

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

tried to make a piss wizard

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

lol wizards are so white the best it could do was drop the text they're using to make it less racist right into the image

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

novamute posted:

lol wizards are so white the best it could do was drop the text they're using to make it less racist right into the image

that gets randomly inserted regardless of what the prompt is about because it would otherwise output 100% white people 100% of the time

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Elder Postsman posted:

i've had to put new batteries in it but yeah, it's almost 14 years old now. no more "lifetime" 3g but whatever, it's fine. i recently bought a second one for like $20 for my kid to use too.

at least with wifi off old batteries limp along pretty well. i need to replace my 3's battery, since it charges slooooow, but it otherwise runs fine. it's also my way to get books to calibre for backups

i nabbed a touch ages ago for cheap as a work desk reader, the old models are impressively serviceable with some better fonts

industrial shop injury wizard has gotta starting using protection or learn Regrowth: Finger

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier of the Neil Bush Torch

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

this may well be correct and informative for all i know about warframe

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

saving "stroke my digital balls" for the right moment

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Elon is now dating the planet Mars

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Dang, rip space horse

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

poor freckles, thought of aliens and died

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

It's me, saying this about Wario

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

i love this so much

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

NoneMoreNegative posted:

probably quoted from an actual funny huMan shitpost like this one:

https://twitter.com/ArtHousePtx/status/981332471617933312

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Carthag Tuek posted:

probably quoted from an actual funny huMan shitpost

Oh yeah it's already been found in several of these awful AI suggestions that they're just reading off something from whatever looks popular in a related background search, the Pizza Glue one was some kid on Reddit.

I don't know if this is Better or Worse that just making poo poo up wholecloth :o:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Oh yeah it's already been found in several of these awful AI suggestions that they're just reading off something from whatever looks popular in a related background search, the Pizza Glue one was some kid on Reddit.

I don't know if this is Better or Worse that just making poo poo up wholecloth :o:

its basically google google-boMbing theMselves lol

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
supposedly the google result "there are no countries in africa that start with K" is from an old onion article about how bad chatGPT could be

so the new LLM is already being trained on the output of old LLMs, perfect

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier of the Neil Bush Torch

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It's great knowing that the Google guy in charge of this project makes two million dollars a year.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
A lot of this would be solved if the AI response just linked where it was copy/pasta from but I guess that would kill the magic.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

i kind of like AI now

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I'm actually disappointed this isn't available outside the US because planet destroying emissions aside, this poo poo is pretty funny.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

It's great knowing that the Google guy in charge of this project makes two million dollars a year.

According to a friend who works there the team working on search AI has over 1000 people on it.

:psypop:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Aesculus posted:

According to a friend who works there the team working on search AI has over 1000 people on it.

i hope they're all relaxing and enjoying the smooth rollout of gemini

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Aesculus posted:

oh thats why it sucks so bad

there is absolutely no loving way 1000 people can be useful on a single feature like that. so there's probably like 15 people who made the drat thing and 985 people looking busy at best, or actively harming the project at worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Like what has Google done recently that isn't poo poo?