Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
im gonna buy a nike apple watch. its not coming out until late october i guess either the bands or the dumb nike software ill never use are late :/

i wish theyd let me buy the computer bit of the watch now and ship me the band later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

funniest thing about nike run club, the software for the watch that is also available as is, is that it is not even fully compatible with apple health lmao

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
oh its actually october 5th thats not so bad then

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

SRQ posted:

I was going to pre-order an SE-2 and they cancelled the SE altogether

why timb

last night I literally watched someone with an 8+ refuse to believe that the se had still been on sale in 2018. they were convinced such a small phone must have been bought years ago.

yes, they had a ring glued to the back of their 8+ because that was the only way they could hold it steady and touch the screen at the same time.

gently caress this timeline

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

imo americans should grow up to decent height, then holding a modern-sized phone wouldn't pose such an issue

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Endless Mike posted:

reminder to never put your work email or phone on your personal device. if they want you to have a work device, they will provide it for you. i don't recommend putting personal stuff on a work-provided device, either, but at least you're not paying to it in that case.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Soricidus posted:

yes, they had a ring glued to the back of their 8+ because that was the only way they could hold it steady and touch the screen at the same time.

i just dont understand how bad one has to be at using their hands and fingers to warrant buying one of those

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

everyone i have met that has that trash glued to their phone is usually not too bright and probably thought they got a great deal on it for $10 or w/e from a chinese vendor on amazon.com

or maybe im the sperg for caring so much what other people do to they phones

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I mean, I guess you’d have to buy a new case if you tried it and didn’t like it but it seems like a strange thing to worry about too much? Wirecutter’s good case is like 12 bucks?

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

i don’t understand apples decision to get rid of the SE’s.. a really bad and un-apple decision to exclude a market. we only have big and XXL iphones now.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

That makes Android look better than it is, go to the low end range of phones from each vendor then the release version will start at 2-3 versions behind the latest.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

roboshit posted:

or maybe im the sperg for caring so much what other people do to they phones
u think?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Good Sphere posted:

i don’t understand apples decision to get rid of the SE’s.. a really bad and un-apple decision to exclude a market. we only have big and XXL iphones now.

they figured that the 7 would fill that gap, but the problem is that they're old rather than just entry-level. there's currently no option for people who want a smaller and/or cheaper model but still want a phone that supports the newer lte bands for better coverage.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

roboshit posted:

keep checking your 2009 Android with metro PCS service on your lunch breaks at Burger King you peasant

the lady at the cellphone store was lamenting that the iphone xs MAXXXX she wanted cost as much as she makes in a month, working at the cellphone store. i didn't really know what to say to that

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

The_Franz posted:

people who want a smaller and/or cheaper model but still want a phone that supports the newer lte bands for better coverage.
it's me

I'm the consumer who knows what an LTE band is

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

MrMoo posted:

That makes Android look better than it is, go to the low end range of phones from each vendor then the release version will start at 2-3 versions behind the latest.

android phones start at low end, the bottom of that range has to be really bad

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

it's me

old phone doesn't work gud

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

it's me

it's all 4g right? at least that's what sprint told me when they sold me this wimax phone

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

I thought you should all know that I am not buying the new iPhone

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

infernal machines posted:

the lady at the cellphone store was lamenting that the iphone xs MAXXXX she wanted cost as much as she makes in a month, working at the cellphone store. i didn't really know what to say to that

what is there left to say but full communism now?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

the standard boomer reply is: "get a real job!"

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

reminder to never put your work email or phone on your personal device. if they want you to have a work device, they will provide it for you. i don't recommend putting personal stuff on a work-provided device, either, but at least you're not paying to it in that case.

after 6 months of having to carry 2 phones the whole work day and while traveling for work, I’m ready to say fuckit and put my personal stuff on my work phone (which is what 3/4 of people here do already)

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

akadajet posted:

android phones start at low end, the bottom of that range has to be really bad

the bottom of that range is for people in 3rd-world countries where they have to save for a while to afford a sub-$100 phone

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

I am somewhat interested in a possible iPad refresh next month tho after not owning one for a few years

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

I am somewhat interested in a possible iPad refresh next month tho after not owning one for a few years

An iPad with no home button sounds awful.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

roboshit posted:

i just dont understand how bad one has to be at using their hands and fingers to warrant buying one of those

Ergonomics and human factors are things, regardless of whether capitalism allows them to be taken into consideration or not.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

https://twitter.com/pwnsdx/status/1040944750973595649

https://twitter.com/pwnsdx/status/1040785556827975680

Linguica fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Sep 15, 2018

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

akadajet posted:

the standard boomer reply is: "get a real job!"

well, if you want to buy a $1200 luxury item and you make 11 dollars an hour I don’t know what else to tell ya

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I put the 12 beta on my 6s yesterday and it’s the first major iOS update that feels like an improvement since like iOS 6, and maybe the first ever that improved an old phone’s performance.

gonna replace the battery for 29 while I still can and hopefully keep this bitch going for another 2 years. gently caress headphone jack dongles that I’ll constantly lose.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

brap posted:

the r-word

don’t sign your posts

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
was going to buy an XS but then someone showed me the maxxx extreme edition and now I have to buy that.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

roboshit posted:

well, if you want to buy a $1200 luxury item and you make 11 dollars an hour I don’t know what else to tell ya

people will just unhinge their jaw and swallow u whole

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

eric posted:

moreover an ipad you can't use in landscape mode

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

tell her to look up the Dalai Lama and maybe consider some of his ideas.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Puppy Galaxy posted:

don’t sign your posts

beyond the poor taste you didn't even do the joke right. you imbecile. you absolute fuckwit.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Beamed posted:

people will just unhinge their jaw and swallow u whole

We’re all neckbeards sitting at a computer all day we’re all going to be thrown in the wood chipper.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

eric posted:

why? you can already navigate everything except siri without ever touching the home button on an ipad right now. (and siri you can call by voice)

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

jit bull transpile posted:

beyond the poor taste you didn't even do the joke right. you imbecile. you absolute fuckwit.

don’t sign

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Endless Mike posted:

why? you can already navigate everything except siri without ever touching the home button on an ipad right now. (and siri you can call by voice)

the button is incidental

it's the fact that you have to keep it in portrait mode and take selfies every time you want to unlock it is the problem