Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Southland was absolutely incredible and he was a big reason why, so Im all about the Ben Mckenzie revolution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Have to admit, I was briefly contemplating a small investment in some cryptocurrency for diversification purposes 6 months ago when a bunch of longstanding financial traders seemed to be backing crypto as an ongoing concern. I think I even posted something to that effect in here or the long-term investment thread.

Thankfully I'm lazy and didn't do anything before a bunch of celebrities popped up shilling for crypto/NFTs signaling the max audience phase of a ponzi scheme collapse.

https://twitter.com/paleofuture/status/1524724947460911104?s=20&t=PZDJyi5xWnMImqNGmwKAUQ

https://twitter.com/paleofuture/status/1524765071892566017?s=20&t=PZDJyi5xWnMImqNGmwKAUQ

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Crisis resolved, a friend sent me an obscure DMV link that shows active testing stations by area code.

Wisconsin used to have state run facilities but then closed them all and made private business do it. So they don’t give you your registration, you just have to get a “Pass” grade for them to enter and then the DMV can see that and will then give you your registration.

Leperflesh posted:

Maybe call up one of those places that no longer does emissions testing and ask them to recommend a place that does; they're likely to know of one in the area if they have a fair number of former customers showing up and having to be turned away?

Kinda related, my dad was looking for someone to do *something* (I think repair a leaky radiator) on one of his project motorcycles a few weeks ago and the guy said they didn’t do that kind of stuff anymore. My dad asks “Do you know anyone who still does?” and the guy goes “Weeelllll I do, but I don’t really wanna refer your business to one of my competitors…” and my dad just says “…what business? You’re not providing the service I want.” :what:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

T-Square posted:

Crisis resolved, a friend sent me an obscure DMV link that shows active testing stations by area code.

Wisconsin used to have state run facilities but then closed them all and made private business do it. So they don’t give you your registration, you just have to get a “Pass” grade for them to enter and then the DMV can see that and will then give you your registration.

This is exactly how it works in California, except a smog check runs around a hundred bucks these days, more or less depending on a few factors.

quote:

Kinda related, my dad was looking for someone to do *something* (I think repair a leaky radiator) on one of his project motorcycles a few weeks ago and the guy said they didn’t do that kind of stuff anymore. My dad asks “Do you know anyone who still does?” and the guy goes “Weeelllll I do, but I don’t really wanna refer your business to one of my competitors…” and my dad just says “…what business? You’re not providing the service I want.” :what:

Yeah re-coring/repairing radiators is kind of a specialty thing now, but I'd guess your dad's mechanic is worried that the guy he'd refer him to is full-service, not just radiators, and he'd lose all the rest of your dad's potential bike repair work too.

But that's foolish: being helpful to a customer is the best way to get referral business, and mechanics live and die on referrals and repeat business. They're also notoriously, infamously terrible businessmen.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Or say you do it, send the rad out to be recored and get the business but that would assume those who do the work will take business from him.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

BigPaddy posted:

Arizona all the emissions places are government run. Turn up, get in the queue, pay your $17 and off you go. Main issue is getting something registered as historic so you don’t have to do it on anything more than 15 years old since the AZDOT website is trash and if you call no one there knows anything.

There's a new one now! It's slightly better!

(I still hold a place in my heart for servicearizona since it was clearly a hackjob UI into a mainframe as evidenced by nightly outage windows for processing)

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

T-Square posted:

You're in the Milwaukee area, right? Is that just a county/local ordinance? I'm in Madison and have never had to do an inspection for my renewals...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Leperflesh posted:

But that's foolish: being helpful to a customer is the best way to get referral business, and mechanics live and die on referrals and repeat business. They're also notoriously, infamously terrible businessmen.

I learned this from working in chef owned restaurants, there's a reason people own their own business instead of working for someone else and it's not because they're great at owning a business.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its raining here. It's been raining for 7 days. This is the 3rd time this has happened in 2 years. Another flood warning, road closures and poo poo.

3 "once in a lifetime" rain events. In 2 years.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

You're in the Milwaukee area, right? Is that just a county/local ordinance? I'm in Madison and have never had to do an inspection for my renewals...

Yeah, it’s by County and also depends on the age of your vehicle. This leads to people registering their cars with addresses in exempt counties lol.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Qwijib0 posted:

There's a new one now! It's slightly better!

(I still hold a place in my heart for servicearizona since it was clearly a hackjob UI into a mainframe as evidenced by nightly outage windows for processing)

worked like a charm tho

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

This is the content I crave

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
This is a horrible answer

https://twitter.com/mj_lee/status/1524844446231187473

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

What other answer should she give? The pediatrician will let you know if it’s okay based on your specific child if you could/should be trying something else.

She sucks, this admin sucks, but I’m not sure her saying “oh just call me and I’ll sort it out” is gonna happen

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Calling your pediatrician is correct, but she should at least say what they are doing to fix it, or what agency is working on the issue. Seems like no one is doing anything right now.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Stupid Biden. Why did he press the button that shut down formula production in the first place? Must be next to the inflation button.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Stupid Biden. Why did he press the button that shut down formula production in the first place? Must be next to the inflation button.

Because the plant had salmonella and killed a few babies

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Because the plant had salmonella and killed a few babies

Well why wasn't he inspecting the plant personally???

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Well why wasn't he inspecting the plant personally???

He was too busy owning the libs (by doing nothing)

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Leperflesh posted:

This is exactly how it works in California, except a smog check runs around a hundred bucks these days, more or less depending on a few factors.
That's the joy of driving an electric car: no emissions testing so I wouldn't have to pay for a smog check.

What sucks is now I just get charged a flat fee for driving an electric car on public roads.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/abdallah_fayyad/status/1524739030704922627?s=21

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Blowjob Overtime posted:

It is so bizarre to me that Minnesota doesn't require any kind of vehicle inspections. Such a bizarre combination of states don't:

Also the Mississippi thing is...odd.

Tennessee doesn’t either.

Worst air quality in the nation!

Rocky top bitch!

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Yeah, that article apparently sucked. Here's what Wikipedia has on it:

Almost all of the states that have it to some degree only have it in the bigger cities. I guess still surprising Minneapolis/St. Paul don't, but it's not as small a group as that article made it seem.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I just found out Max Rebo plays the piano with his feet and has no arms and every depiction saying otherwise is wrong, and I need to go lay down

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Spoeank posted:

I just found out Max Rebo plays the piano with his feet and has no arms and every depiction saying otherwise is wrong, and I need to go lay down
Holy poo poo this is like Vader spilling the beans to Luke all over again

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
My mother just pawned her air fryer off on me because she doesn’t use it, anybody got some killer recommendations for what to cook in it before I go drown in a pile of wings?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Thaddius the Large posted:

My mother just pawned her air fryer off on me because she doesn’t use it, anybody got some killer recommendations for what to cook in it before I go drown in a pile of wings?

French fries

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Tennessee doesn’t either.

Worst air quality in the nation!

Rocky top bitch!

I like driving around in SC and dodging cars that have literally been t-boned within an inch of being undriveable. Shuddering and lurching down the road.

What a lawless hell scape this state can be.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

T-Square posted:

Yeah, it’s by County and also depends on the age of your vehicle. This leads to people registering their cars with addresses in exempt counties lol.

And when you do this, the "location kept at" isn't even listed on the physical plate registration.

Not that'd I'd know anything about that...

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Lol I just pulled up to the place I found and they have a big “NO EMISSIONS” sign and now everywhere else is closed for the day

:suicide:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Odd phrasing for someone murdered by the IDF...

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Died after being struck by a metallic object that had been rapidly accelerated to several times the speed of sound using an explosive charge.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

One of those tragic cases where you have a bullet hanging on a string in the garage to make sure you’re pulling the car up far enough and then one night it’s dark and you accidentally walk into the bullet.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

General Dog posted:

One of those tragic cases where you have a bullet hanging on a string in the garage to make sure you’re pulling the car up far enough and then one night it’s dark and you accidentally walk into the bullet.

want the xkcd guy to do a what if based on a human moving at bullet speed and what it would do to them regardless of impacting a bullet

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Game night tonight at the normal time, 7:30 CDT

https://discord.gg/JEnUudhM

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Veggies

It’ll blow your mind

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

French fries

In addition to this leftover french fries. It turns them into something that is not trash, which is pretty good compared to most leftover french fries.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

Odd phrasing for someone murdered by the IDF...

Even the normally absurd American cop-murder passive voice is raising an incredulous eyebrow over this one.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Definitely gonna fry up some cauliflower, I’ve got my eye on a General Tso’s sauce and making it miserably hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

According to physics, nothing really touches each other. So really, her neck particles just had to move out of the way for the bullet particles, and unfortunately she died in the process.