Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gary dying is good content, though.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Does the person who killed you with a rock get a kill for that?

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

jase1 posted:

Probably, the guy who triggered c4 with a rock and killed both players got a kill for it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

Did y’all know that someone can hit you on the head with a rock in the Gulag and kill you?!
https://twitter.com/literallynwah/status/1260656314713137153?s=20

Bonus content — here’s a clip of Mono getting ANNIHILATED by a loadout drop.
https://twitter.com/literallynwah/status/1260656242894139397?s=20

Lol it bank shotted me.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

jase1 posted:

It works the same as stun/flash grenade contact kills, so yes

Basically it does like the lowest amount of damage possible, but you can still get a kill the your opponent is super low on health

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rock guy must have really enjoyed that.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Perestroika posted:

Somehow I've had no luck at all with the Kar nor the Carbine, they always seem to hit an anti-sweet spot for me where they're both too unreliable in getting 1-hit-kills and too slow-firing to snag 2-hit-kills reliably. I see plenty of people doing well with the Kar, tho, so I'll chalk this up to just me being a bad I guess. Have to agree that the SKS is good fun, though.

All the marksmen rifles are varying degrees of bad to dogshit in normal mode, but turn into bangers in hardcore. I wouldn’t try using them not in HC.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

drunken officeparty posted:

All the marksmen rifles are varying degrees of bad to dogshit in normal mode, but turn into bangers in hardcore. I wouldn’t try using them not in HC.

Um Actually the SKS is great in all modes

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
I wish IW would put in weather effects on some maps. I miss maps like downpour just because of the rain. I dont know if it would be viable or worth it since I can hardly see someone across Rust, but i think it could be fun.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

That ammo pool is brutal though.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

veni veni veni posted:

That ammo pool is brutal though.

isn't that specifically a warzone issue, though? just because it has a high ROF and mag size for a MMR doesn't mean you should be able to dump 1HK/2HK shots with no consequence. I'm fine with the 'nerf' being a lower overall ammo cap

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s also an issue in MP if you’re good (like me) and don’t die (also like me) and don’t run scavenger (also also like me)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If you are looking at it from a damage perspective, any MMR is putting out a fraction of the damage per shot and carries the same ammo pool as a sniper. The first part is fine obviously, but running 30 round mags on an SKS in warzone a full reserve of ammo only allows for one reload with 10 rounds left over. And that’s assuming you’ve actually found that much sniper ammo or are running the perk.

The SKS is definitely good in Warzone but the ammo situation gets dire so quickly I stopped using it after a day.

E: exception being the crossbow which is hilarious because a crossbow only comes with a single bolt in it, but also 40 extra rounds is probably more than you could ever use.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 14, 2020

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

VERY ACCURATE....i absolutely raked with it, iron sights on most mid sized MP maps

it also has a 30 clip mag, but still very stupid that SKS, Dragunov and AK, which LITERALLY were designed around the soviet idea of a universal round and rifling for modular use of all infantry rifles, doesn't just use the same AR ammo pool

yet the AUG 5.56 for some reason will take pistol ammo, stupid as heck and i'm legit huffin about this irl

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 14, 2020

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
The IAV kill ribbon is rough.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/WnUdLhF.gifv

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

vivisectvnv posted:

VERY ACCURATE....i absolutely raked with it, iron sights on most mid sized MP maps

it also has a 30 clip mag, but still very stupid that SKS, Dragunov and AK, which LITERALLY were designed around the soviet idea of a universal round and rifling for modular use of all infantry rifles, doesn't just use the same AR ammo pool

yet the AUG 5.56 for some reason will take pistol ammo, stupid as heck and i'm legit huffin about this irl

Dragunov doesn't use 7.62,39 it uses 7.62,54R

But yeah, the SKS would be legit amazing in WZ if it used the AR ammo instead of Sniper Ammo pool

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

veni veni veni posted:

If you are looking at it from a damage perspective, any MMR is putting out a fraction of the damage per shot and carries the same ammo pool as a sniper. The first part is fine obviously, but running 30 round mags on an SKS in warzone a full reserve of ammo only allows for one reload with 10 rounds left over. And that’s assuming you’ve actually found that much sniper ammo or are running the perk.

The SKS is definitely good in Warzone but the ammo situation gets dire so quickly I stopped using it after a day.

E: exception being the crossbow which is hilarious because a crossbow only comes with a single bolt in it, but also 40 extra rounds is probably more than you could ever use.

I actually legit smile or laugh when I see the crossbow reserve ammo sometimes. I think it's honestly intentionally funny.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

jerman999 posted:

The IAV kill ribbon is rough.

Just play ground war and wait for the tanks (not apc) to spawn in and go killin. The quarry is probably the easiest. Go onto the ridge looking over B and D and just start firing.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Rust in pitch black night vision would be fun chaos.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Any key to unlocking the crossbow? I have been running a marksman with a reflex sight for 2 days and am at 0/25. Conservatively I have 10 matches with 5 kills? Is it a certain sight? Do I have to be ADS?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Snowmankilla posted:

Any key to unlocking the crossbow? I have been running a marksman with a reflex sight for 2 days and am at 0/25. Conservatively I have 10 matches with 5 kills? Is it a certain sight? Do I have to be ADS?

You need to use a reflex iirc. Check the crossbow in the load outs and the game will tell you.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Snowmankilla posted:

Make sure you're actually using a reflex sight too, not a holographic sight, just in case you were using one of those.

Infidelicious posted:

Dragunov doesn't use 7.62,39 it uses 7.62,54R

But yeah, the SKS would be legit amazing in WZ if it used the AR ammo instead of Sniper Ammo pool
Same with the M14 imho; it'd be a pretty decent pick if it didn't use precious sniper ammo and limited greatly in the reserves department.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Snowmankilla posted:

Don't leave games before they end.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Trying to do the IAV challenge ribbon is annoying right now as every other fucker clearly has the same idea so there's 5 people camped at spawn waiting each fresh IAV drop and getting one is a total crapshoot.

Edit: do machine gun turret kills count towards it?

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 12:27 on May 14, 2020

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I never understood why they split sniper rifles into two categories.

Arae
Jul 27, 2003

Azran posted:

I never understood why they split sniper rifles into two categories.

It kind of made sense, but it was implemented badly. DMRs are the rifles that trade power\distance for mobility. Snipers are the bulky powerful rifles for long range.

My biggest complaint are the attachment choices. Why can't snipers go scopeless or use cartridge sleeves? Why can't DMRs use all the scopes?

The challenges used to always mention "sniper rifles" but DMRs worked too. They were probably split during development.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Arae posted:

It kind of made sense, but it was implemented badly. DMRs are the rifles that trade power\distance for mobility. Snipers are the bulky powerful rifles for long range.

the real answer is they "Added more content" by splitting the weaps

also, per the kilo chat a couple pages back i just did todays challenges using it. my opinion is that if youre an average skill player that finds enjoyment not purely from KDR or whatever, if you think the kilo looks & sounds cool, congrats, u found ur new m4

w the usual caveat that i was not playing WZ

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/hXdWk5a.gifv

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Butterfly Valley posted:

Trying to do the IAV challenge ribbon is annoying right now as every other fucker clearly has the same idea so there's 5 people camped at spawn waiting each fresh IAV drop and getting one is a total crapshoot.

Edit: do machine gun turret kills count towards it?

Generate your own with the killstreak

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Sorry for a dumb question, but I downloaded Warzone yesterday and it only seems to be various BR modes? Are there other MP modes included in the paid game?

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Jack B Nimble posted:

Sorry for a dumb question, but I downloaded Warzone yesterday and it only seems to be various BR modes? Are there other MP modes included in the paid game?

It's not a dumb question, Modern Warfare has turned into a complicated somewhat confusing product. Yes, Warzone is the free-to-play Battle Royale only version of the game. There is a ton more in the paid full MW.

Personally I bought the full version and feel that it is worth the $50. It iterates on everything successful about CoD and feels like a nice modern reboot of MW2. Textures look really nice, runs well on my Xbox, and gameplay is, well, same as it ever was.

If you're on the fence, IGN on YouTube has good reviews of the full game and Warzone. And Infinity Ward posted 4K footage back around release that gives a feel for what it's like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ-fuJRgqUc

Inner Light fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 14, 2020

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Generate your own with the killstreak

Yeah I figure I'm gonna have to do that but I generally suck at getting killstreaks together in ground war

Although I've had a lot of joy in the past tooling around krovnik farmland in a jeep or truck squishing people and getting streaks that way so maybe I'll try that

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also if you don't mind waiting, they've been doing "free MP" weekends where you can access a MP playlist on the Warzone client so you can get a feel for it before making the purchase.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
And also level your painful to level weapons in the safe confines of Shipment 24/7.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHJVkf_cZ5Y

Pretty interesting. The barrels have some pretty dramatic unlisted effects, mainly:

-Longer barrels make hipfire & aim stability worse
-Any barrel that says "-bullet velocity" also reduces range, between 15%-30% it seems.
-Shorter barrel also make hipfire better
-No stock also makes hipfire better, seems like they both are in the 7-9% range.

When you combine the short barrels and no stock on the MP7 the hipfire spread gets pretty small, it's effectively adding another 1mw laser or merc grip to the gun.

The left is how I would normally run the MP7, w/ 5mw+Long Barrel+stippled+Merc+Silencer
The right is MP7 w. 5mw/Short Barrel/No stock/Merc/Silencer

I controlled both for vertical recoil

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I think hipfire smgs are extremely underrated in WZ if you pair them with a good mid to long range AR/LMG.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
That makes sense. It seems like generally Warzone guns have to skimp on ADS time in order to be more effective at longer ranges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I don't play core much but was playing with hifire stuff given the new info we have

https://i.imgur.com/s3URcav.mp4

:blastu: