Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Byers2142 posted:

Oh, yeah! Everyone, that was a deliberate lie on my part. MMM never said he hated people who did that, I said that so that hopefully people wouldn't get lazy and start just using PM. I was afraid if I played that straight, people would go, "Oh, I can just use PMs?" and bury MMM in them.

Sorry, MMM, that was on purpose.

I purposely went through the ballot form instead of the PMs because of that - needing to put in like 8 verification codes per day got annoying! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Murmur Twin posted:

I purposely went through the ballot form instead of the PMs because of that - needing to put in like 8 verification codes per day got annoying! :argh:

You're welcome, MMM, my plan worked.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I really enjoyed the experimental aspect of this game, which turned it into almost a puzzle at times as well as a game of Mafia. I think Little Mac is probably right that it was a town-leaning set up. I died too early to do anything but I'm glad town won :) I was a bit annoyed after I died when KB was asking who I voted my ballot action for and what happened in the doc room and nobody passed on the fact that someone (me) was putting my ballot to doc Byers and arguing that Byers should be protected and copped. Not sure how good a strategy that really was, but the fact that no one passed on that activity even when prompted after my death made me wonder what was up.

Byers2142 posted:

Oh, and one last point. If it'd been a four scum team, town lost the game because they didn't no lynch in MYLO. That was how close it was, and that's why one extra night was so important.
Yeah. Town's weakness early on before they took control and started to "solve" this thing almost gave scum the win.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 17, 2015

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

To be fair, a lot of my objection to sharing information with scum was based on the flawed assumption that they had the ability to mess with the votes if they knew where we were going (like being able to nullify one person's ballots or cancel on Doc action, which I thought happened to KB). Knowing now that they couldn't, I agree that sharing what we were doing would probably have worked better.

I tend to be someone who will think of a bunch of different possibilities to the point where I can confuse myself into not seeing what's there. That's why I don't mind posting cases that might not be correct or good - I figure if I do, other townies will make themselves known by critiquing where I'm wrong. At least, in theory.

Murmur Twin posted:

Haha, if I had to name two "mafia resume" games for me it'd be this and Bread and Butter - I think they're the two games I've had the most fun trying to solve. Thanks MMM!

After sleeping on it, I realize what I was trying/failing to say last night - this and B&B were the two games where I feel like I have been most able to look at what I did wrong and (hopefully) learn from mistakes. I guess we'll see down the road!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

PLAY POQUE'S GAME

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

:love:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

You should play, MMM!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

You should play, MMM!

Oh you're right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer