Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
1. 50k/week seems fine
2. B
3. D
4. B
5. B

Also, sell Punzi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

1. 50,000
2. B
3. C
4. C
5. B

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

1) €45,000
2) B
3) C
4) B
5) B

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Beffer posted:

Not wanting to interrupt this important democratic exercise, but I can’t concentrate on voting because all I can think about is the name of Italian Soccer Daily’s journalist, Al Dente. What were her parents thinking?

That she looked like a firm, jaundiced and toothsome baby?

50kBCBB

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
€48 000

CCCB

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Oh, nice, I won!

I request an American golden generation, seeing as we're about to probably piss one away irl. Your call on how to go about it, but a wonderkid or two wouldn't go amiss :v:

Oh, and:

C
C
B
B

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

1. N/A
2. B
3. D
4. B
5. B

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical
C
C
C
B

Stay up, with a focus on growth. Invest in our future.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Actual votes:
B
C
C
B

If we focus on youth and trim some fat off our current roster, we won't need to pay them big wages. We can git gud next season, for now just stay in the league.

Dancer fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Nov 18, 2018

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

C
C
C
B

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

GeneX posted:

Oh, nice, I won!

I request an American golden generation, seeing as we're about to probably piss one away irl. Your call on how to go about it, but a wonderkid or two wouldn't go amiss :v:

Done, four high potential youts added to the USA:

This last kid looks familiar...

Also, tarbrush's boon never worked out since I was unable to make the UK go no-deal Brexit, so he can re-choose.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Nov 18, 2018

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
#1: Wage/Transfer Budget - €46,000/week; I trust in the allenatrice's proven ability to find good, cheap youth prospects but having some money in the budget for a 32 year old who's out of contract and can help immediately can't be wrong.

#2: Season Expectations - C; how hard can it be?

#3: Scouting Budget - D; Central Europe gives access to some countries with great youth ratings and the senior package upgrade isn't that expensive.

#4: Hiring Additional Scouts - C; why spend money to extend the scouting range and then not get the scouts to make use of it? :retrogames:

#5: Improving the Youth Facilities - B; probably not actually worth it at the moment but I want to see a star born in San Marino.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Go ahead and buy those four players plz

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

habeasdorkus posted:

Also, tarbrush's boon never worked out since I was unable to make the UK go no-deal Brexit, so he can re-choose.

Oh neat. Can you unfuck Liverpool please?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I can try!

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
1) €50,000
2) C
3) C
4) C
5) B

You got us promoted again, and you've proven your aptitude with young players, so it's only fair that you get the chance to keep it up. Of course, all of this expenditure is only remotely financially viable due to our new position in Serie B, and thus can only be justified if you are confident in keeping us playing her another year. I hope that you will continue to justify our confidence in you.

GeneX posted:

Oh, nice, I won!

Dammit, now I'm going to have to win again to force Habeas to make Canada even stronger! And I was so close to winning again this time as well (How do we know for certain that Stecca and Enrici weren't exactly tied, eh?). :argh:

Speaking of which, did you ever show the player you made for my second boon, Habeas?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Pretty sure I did, but if not, meet Xavier Trudeau everybody!

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Nov 18, 2018

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

habeasdorkus posted:

When you make these player's do you also make the personalities? If so please tell me you made them all hardworking, model professionals. I'd hate to have the American golden generation pissed away by a bunch of lazy kids! :argh:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I leave the personalities alone for the most part. I did change Moctezuma's injury proneness, he was at a 2... which means he'd be permacrocked, which is not how a Wrexham Red Dragon rolls. But then, I also redid all of his stats to match the FM14 Moctezuma's stats back when we found him at Heerenveen in 2026.

I could only do so much for Liverpool, mainly by maxing their facilities stats and giving them 500m more pounds, but they're a megabastard club that by all rights should be doing better than finishing sixth in the Premier League. It's not like Mo Salah sucks in this game either, he's basically at his peak as one of the five best wide attackers in the entire game.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I'm fairly sure the team that makes the game are Everton fans.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

0) stab u idiot
1) 50,420
2) C
3) B
4) B
5) B

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Captain Foo posted:

0) stab u idiot
1) 50,420
2) C
3) B
4) B
5) B

Foo out

1)50,420
2)c
3)b
4)b
5)b

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
1) €45000
2)A
3)B
4)B
5)B

Ms. Brown, we are in serious debt. While I do understand that we need to expand the budget to be a viable side in Serie B, we are financially not in a position where we can meet all of your demands. Avoid relegation this year, and next season we will be in a position to start spending money again.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

habeasdorkus posted:

Pretty sure I did, but if not, meet Xavier Trudeau everybody!

Ha ha ha.

So, I mean, I am debating showing this to my boss or not.

Cause uh, he may laugh at his son being in this game or not.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

BOARD QUESTIONS

#1: €44,444
#2 B)
#3: B)
#4: B)
#5: A)

All these unnecessary expenses can wait til the club and the tv money is safe in serie B

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

bunnyofdoom posted:

Ha ha ha.

Do you work for the Prime Minister? :)

My initial reaction was: That is quite possibly the most French-Canadian name humanly possible.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

JustJeff88 posted:

Do you work for the Prime Minister? :)

My initial reaction was: That is quite possibly the most French-Canadian name humanly possible.

...maaaaaaaayyyyyyyyybe

(If you read the canpol thread in DnD you'd know. (Do not read the thread it is terrible))

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

Ha ha ha.

It's clearly not his son, the ages are wrong. :colbert: It may be an alternate universe easter egg, though.

I guess I'd go with your best instinct. I'm sure he's used to Americans being idiots by now.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

habeasdorkus posted:

It's clearly not his son, the ages are wrong. :colbert: It may be an alternate universe easter egg, though.

I guess I'd go with your best instinct. I'm sure he's used to Americans being idiots by now.

Actually, I'd rather not have him know I read the forums when I am supposed to be working....

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dance Officer posted:

1) €45000
2)A
3)B
4)B
5)B

Ms. Brown, we are in serious debt. While I do understand that we need to expand the budget to be a viable side in Serie B, we are financially not in a position where we can meet all of your demands. Avoid relegation this year, and next season we will be in a position to start spending money again.

Throw this person off the board for TALKING DOWN SAN MARINO :byodood:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 19, 2018

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Voting is now closed. May God have mercy on your various and sundry souls.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Ha ha ha.

Why don't you show him this instead. It's got a lot of big words, though, so he might need some help reading it.

Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to future versions of Football Manager where they have to simulate possible catastrophic climate change scenarios the same way the latest versions simulate Brexit. :v:

Viscardus fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 19, 2018

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
So congratulations, I'm considering getting FM despite knowing next to nothing about football thanks to this lp. What are goons' opinion about the '19 version? Which is considered the best version?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Karanas posted:

So congratulations, I'm considering getting FM despite knowing next to nothing about football thanks to this lp. What are goons' opinion about the '19 version? Which is considered the best version?

I will just repeat to you what I have been told in several places: Buy '18 because you can get a resell key for cheaply and it's a polished game. On the other hand, '19 is going to be much more expensive and still needs significant work. The general consensus seems to be that it's not really worth buying a version of FM until it gets fully patched in the spring. Also, the reception for '18 has been overall quite positive, inasmuch as it can ever be; it really is an unpleaseable fan base and you are never going to see a high percentage of positive Steam reviews.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
That's pretty weird advice, to be honest.
A new FM version is just an update, and overall these game get better over time. They're not 100% polished at release, sure, but they never end up being that because there are only so many patches a game with a 1 year release cycle can get.
For instance, FM18 changed the match engine and never fixed a bunch of glaring issues with it (throw-ins going to the opposition, direct free kicks being worthless, sliding tackles turning into assists for an opposition striker all the time etc). FM19's match engine isn't all the way there yet, and it will also never be, but it's a massive step up from FM18.

The games do get gradually more complex, but if you want to be able to finish a season in a day neither FM18 or 19 are going to give you that.

Mainly when a new FM comes out the question for me is whether to get it at all, not when. Especially since these games are always on sale somewhere; you can get good deals from day one on, moreso than for other new releases. I got FM19 for 30 bucks a week or so after release.

Also, speaking just for myself, the most important argument for FM19 to me was that the face generation is just kinda bad now instead of completely atrocious. People don't look like slugs wearing wigs anymore and they don't change their skin color. There's even facial hair! :toot:
I could not get into a long term save in FM18 because it was hard for me to get attached to players that were barely recognizable as human beings.

tarbrush posted:

I'm fairly sure the team that makes the game are Everton fans.
Liverpool seem good enough in FM19. They finished the first season second in the league in my game (Man City won it).

They also kicked me out of the CL semi finals. :argh:
Now they can try to beat Real Madrid in the final a second time.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
I started an FM19 save managing the Forest Green Rovers in England's fourth division.
I got a cup draw away to Manchester United, which means I'm basically living the dream. The club got half a million from gate receipts. Before the match, we had around 600k in the bank. I can probably ask for training facility upgrades straight away.
So you'd think I'd be happy no matter how the game went.

I'm not happy.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I am slightly baffled... how hardcore/desperate must one be as a Man U fan to show up to that game? And there's apparently enough of them to get you all that cash.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Dancer posted:

I am slightly baffled... how hardcore/desperate must one be as a Man U fan to show up to that game? And there's apparently enough of them to get you all that cash.
Old Trafford is almost always sold out, so there's probably a fair bit of desperation at work here. Lots of people happy to get to watch a game, any game.

I'll have you know that my Forest Green side plays excellent football and the match was well worth the price of admission, though. :colbert:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Dancer posted:

All the locals will turn out and pack the stadium for that.

There was a significant crowd at the New Lawn a few years ago just for a pre-season friendly against the Man Utd under 19s.

Did get to see Adnan Januzaj and Josh King before they were famous though.

And Tyler Blackett

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Missing that penalty must have been gutting.