Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

The Stockton D-League team is going to be called Kings as well. Way to blow the opportunity to call yourselves the Stockton Davids after your team's most prolific player :mad:

But really it's a boring decision made probably to try and entice Warriors fans in Stockton to come over which won't happen because who wants to watch a team of players not good enough to play for the actual Kings

They should be called the Stockton Cow Tippers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

The Stockton D-League team is going to be called Kings as well. Way to blow the opportunity to call yourselves the Stockton Davids after your team's most prolific player :mad:

But really it's a boring decision made probably to try and entice Warriors fans in Stockton to come over which won't happen because who wants to watch a team of players not good enough to play for the actual Kings

The Stockton Two Princes with nonstop Spin Doctor hype music

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Stockton Paupers. Gotta drive home the fact that it's Stockton

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The Stockton Slaps

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The Stockton Drive your thumb into the guy your guarding's hip so he gets pissed off then shoulders you and you get an easy charge Calls

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

euphronius posted:

I’m feeling Embiid is a go tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA/status/986708199817564161

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Walrus posted:

its just a fact of life here. we (white people) dont think of them (non white people) as minorities anymore. its just how it is.

note this doesnt extend to our police force, but I digress

Lmfao

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

The Walrus posted:

its just a fact of life here. we (white people) dont think of them (non white people) as minorities anymore. its just how it is.

note this doesnt extend to our police force, but I digress

I know man. I'm from Toronto and people here in the US just dont get it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

#FreeEmbiid

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/986467046744506368?s=19

no, don't. u suck and i hate you

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Drunk Canuck posted:

Hayward wanted to become bigger than Larry Bird.

Then he broke his leg and ruined the rest of his career.

Bird basically played on one leg when he needed to.

There once was a baller named Hayward
Whose career went slightly wayward
Landed so hard in Boston
His legs well he lost 'em
He didn't tell his body not today, word

I'll see mys elf out

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

This is what happens when you get good. Pick your poison

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
This Lee Jenkins SI piece on the Lakers is good, mostly because Pelinka comes off like a diet Robert Evans

quote:

Pelinka and Maurice Cheeks formed the backcourt for Luster Premium Hair Products. Mark Aguirre and Kendall Gill played for Seville Motel, Tim Hardaway and Nick Anderson for First Chicago Bank, Ken Norman for Johnnie Walker Red, Kevin Duckworth for Seduction By Rodney. But they were all fodder for the powerhouse from Playboy, fronted by Michael Jordan, Doc Rivers and Terry Cummings. This was a different era, when the best player in the world could spend the summer matched up against an 18-year-old, malt liquor plugged on the front of his jersey and a girlie mag on the back.

quote:

Play with pace: During Pelinka’s hourlong commute in his self-driving Tesla, he watched college clips on Synergy Sports, captivated by a fluid and fearless wing who seemed to carry an extra 20 pounds from the Utah cafeteria. The Lakers spent the 27th pick, acquired from Brooklyn in the Mozgov deal, on Kyle Kuzma.

quote:

He became an agent in 1996, and within two years he was representing Kobe Bryant, fielding phone calls that started like this: “I’m watching how cheetahs attack wildebeests. Cheetahs are obviously the fastest animals, but when they jump, they use their tail as a lever for balance. When I work on my fadeaway, I’m going to manipulate my foot depending on where the defenders are, so I can change my balance in the air like a cheetah.”

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Stockton Stocktons

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

morestuff posted:

This Lee Jenkins SI piece on the Lakers is good, mostly because Pelinka comes off like a diet Robert Evans

Good news for Rick

quote:

Johnson talks to Pelinka every day at 5 a.m., when he is driving to Equinox Fitness Club for a workout with Byron Scott

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Bwahahahaha you just got stuck with Broussard

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Two Tone Shoes posted:

They were doing this to Mirotic, too. People were talking about how well the Blazers were getting offensive rebounds and it's because they're just allowed to shove Davis and Mirotic out of the play every possession.

I thought most of the contact was getting called pretty evenly. Portland was allowed to body AD and Mirotic, and NOP was allowed to body Dame and CJ. The 3 bad calls were pretty bad but none of them really impacted the game much. Portland's turnovers, failure to box out, failure to stop NOP from getting into the paint and inability to execute were what did them in.

None of the Blazers know what to do when the other team is focusing all of their attention on Lillard and McCollum. It shouldn't be that hard for Dame and CJ to draw the defense and get someone a good look, but they clearly don't know how. And it shouldn't be that hard for Collins, Nurkic, Turner, Pat, Aminu, Harkless and Davis to play 4 on 3. We almost need Plumlee out there again to play point center like he did against LAC.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Boredumb posted:

Good news for Rick

Byron Scott is out there lurking, just waiting to pounce and ruin two seasons for any willing team and their fanbase

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Shoukd be the Stockton "No, it's the good part of Stockton I swear"s to really reflect Stocktonian culture

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Reminder that the entire point of the Evan Turner signing is to be a third playmaker for the playoffs when Dame and CJ are being trapped all day

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
The most important Lebron game of the season, or past two seasons, hell, the most important game EVER played is only an hour and a half away

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

The most important Lebron game of the season, or past two seasons, hell, the most important game EVER played is only an hour and a half away

You reckon they're hosed for the series if they lose Game 2, then?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

El Gallinero Gros posted:

You reckon they're hosed for the series if they lose Game 2, then?

If they lose it means game 1 wasn't a "Wake Up Bitch rear end Team" game from Lebron and they're in actual trouble

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

The Stockton Neverending Almond Fields.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the cavs will probably actually hit some open shots this time and i doubt lebron is as passive as last game. the pacers were a tougher matchup last year than they looked too and im probably wrong but it partly feels like its cause thad young is basically the only lebron sized dude in the east he has trouble posting up against.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

LeBron went nuclear for the back half of the season, I doubt that he suddenly became old and cooked in just the past week.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

big boi posted:

LeBron went nuclear for the back half of the season, I doubt that he suddenly became old and cooked in just the past week.

I did not watch the game but it sounds like the problem was less Lebron, and more that his teammates didn't do enough. The Pacers aren't a great team but they're not a joke and if poor play from a majority of Cleveland's lineup excepting Lebron continues, it's a problem. They need either Love or Hill to step up from what I'm seeing in GM 1's box score, a combined 6-15 shooting ain't gonna cut it.

That said, he had less to work with when he popped off the 48 Special, so we'll see.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Toronto having good food from basically every part of the world is def not a big selling point for a FA. But it does make it nicer for the players in terms of feeling a connection to the community—especially if you're coming from some cesspool like Orlando. This is true for other cities of course, but a big part of Toronto's identity is celebrating how much excellent food we have from around the world, so I get why it became a talking point here. People in Toronto talk about food more than they talk about the weather, which is crazy because Canadians will not shut the gently caress up about the weather, ever.

Anyway, John Wall is a fraud. Serge is my dad. And Marcin Gortat is a thug and if he was traded here I wouldn't tell him my spot for pierogis.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

BWV posted:

Toronto having good food from basically every part of the world is def not a big selling point for a FA. But it does make it nicer for the players in terms of feeling a connection to the community—especially if you're coming from some cesspool like Orlando. This is true for other cities of course, but a big part of Toronto's identity is celebrating how much excellent food we have from around the world, so I get why it became a talking point here. People in Toronto talk about food more than they talk about the weather, which is crazy because Canadians will not shut the gently caress up about the weather, ever.

Anyway, John Wall is a fraud. Serge is my dad. And Marcin Gortat is a thug and if he was traded here I wouldn't tell him my spot for pierogis.

Ahem, Orlando is home to the world famous Mecca of international cuisine, the Epcot Center World Showcase

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Jack's Flow posted:

Good morning!

That is not a proper English Breakfast - the bacon is too crispy, the sausages are too thin, the bread is not fried and crucially there is no black pudding.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s playing

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Boredumb posted:

Good news for Rick

I'm crying (the sad way).

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

tanglewood1420 posted:

That is not a proper English Breakfast - the bacon is too crispy, the sausages are too thin, the bread is not fried and crucially there is no black pudding.

The gently caress is the bacon supposed to be like?

Oh right you weirdos eat back bacon

DeimosRising fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 18, 2018

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

(English food is awesome btw)

absolutely not wtf

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
@Meatpod

"Corey Brewer is good to go" and "PG is on track to play" so should be a W

Latinx posted:

absolutely not wtf

The exception is the Indian food coopted by Brits

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 18, 2018

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

If you don’t enjoy a good lark’s tongue in aspic I just don’t know what to say to you

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I thought most of the contact was getting called pretty evenly. Portland was allowed to body AD and Mirotic, and NOP was allowed to body Dame and CJ. The 3 bad calls were pretty bad but none of them really impacted the game much. Portland's turnovers, failure to box out, failure to stop NOP from getting into the paint and inability to execute were what did them in.

None of the Blazers know what to do when the other team is focusing all of their attention on Lillard and McCollum. It shouldn't be that hard for Dame and CJ to draw the defense and get someone a good look, but they clearly don't know how. And it shouldn't be that hard for Collins, Nurkic, Turner, Pat, Aminu, Harkless and Davis to play 4 on 3. We almost need Plumlee out there again to play point center like he did against LAC.

Davis was definitely having to fight through more clearly foul worthy contact and roughing up than Lillard.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

DeimosRising posted:

The gently caress is the bacon supposed to be like?

Oh right you weirdos eat back bacon

i think they just eat pork belly thats cured but not smoked which is just bacon thats not been finished yet and they are exceptionally stupid and think thats bacon for some reason

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WhyteRyce posted:

(English food is awesome btw)

This is more wrong than than your opinion that Ben Simmons has made three pointers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Ghost Dog posted:

i think they just eat pork belly thats cured but not smoked which is just bacon thats not been finished yet and they are exceptionally stupid and think thats bacon for some reason

No pork belly is good, they fry thin strips of back chops, basically the same thing as a poorly cut pork chop or Canadian bacon. It sucks rear end. And they call it bacon just to be assholes because they KNOW that’s not bacon

• Locked thread