Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

imgay has posted zero of substance, but I've already said that. No scumhunting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I think one of BHB or imgay is scum. BHB has been playing what I would call a low key game, and imgay is probably the easiest target scum could go after. But at the same time I agree with him that imgay having so many posts but almost no substance to any of them is scummy, it amounts to imgay posting just to stay visible. Maybe they could both be scum, I would be very surprised if neither was though.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP time:

JakeP posted:

only scum try, it is extremely town to lurk and talk poo poo to everyone

also OMGUS is now expected anytime someone votes for you, and slapfights are encouraged

JakeP explaining Lumpen/imgay tactic this game to point back and laugh at it when they win?

I am half serious with this :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

I think one of BHB or imgay is scum. BHB has been playing what I would call a low key game, and imgay is probably the easiest target scum could go after. But at the same time I agree with him that imgay having so many posts but almost no substance to any of them is scummy, it amounts to imgay posting just to stay visible. Maybe they could both be scum, I would be very surprised if neither was though.

TNL what do you think about my admittedly light commentary on BHB?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

ya that jimson post comes from a scum point of view. Its just so weird that he instantly reverts to "even if he is a third party" which makes it seem like he knows lumpen isn't scum because he isn't on his scum team with him

##vote jimson

Actual JakeP content post. It's....not fantastic. Worse than my semantic arguments~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

I think the meta case on asiina is actually pretty strong, she is a far more active town poster, and lurks as scum, which is what she is doing in this game. I can understand not wanting to lynch someone for lurking day 1 though even if it is technically not a lurker lynch

Second time JakeP is coming out saying he wants to cuddle Asiina and this is FAR more wishywashy than his initial statement. Do not like.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidnose posted:

TNL what do you think about my admittedly light commentary on BHB?

I don't think the Jimson thing is much of a tell on alignment, one thing I found interesting is that BHB said he didn't like any of the major candidates on day 1 (Asiina, BK, Jimson) and in the end none of them were scum, that could be a very honest way of scum voting with the thread majority or it could just be good town perception. I think him going after imgay would be very easy to do as scum, and got the feeling he was being cautious about the case by not dropping a vote on day 2, but that was also a day where the lynch was pretty much set from the start so that sorta cancels my feelings out. I have mixed feelings about him, would like to see him post more because I've agreed with most of what he has said.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

with deadline happening in a few hours I think it is a good idea to distinguish that you would be willing to vote someone rather than just finding them scummy. You could FOS someone without being willing to vote them at that time, where the point of the post is to basically say you think there is a chance this player might be scum and you are going to keep an eye on them.

JakeP posted:

Im usually fine with lurker lynch day 2/3, and not usually on day 1, but because of Asiinas town/scum meta this would be more than just a lurker lynch, it would be a lurker lynch backed up by meta data on her scum play

really I am leaning towards that being my preferable lynch over jim the more i think about it

JakeP posted:

##vote asiina

im on board

This HARDCORE reads like a "i'm gonna float this and see if it gains traction" cuddle push on someone he knew was not on his scumteam.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

Bottle Night seems like a swell guy, not gonna lynch him over asina

Weird.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

ok for real bottleknight is kinda scummy. The whole self conciousness about being coming across confident early was a thing, but now the self conciousness about confidence consistency is just like he is trying to hard to put on a facade

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, why is there a sudden about face here.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I could definitely see JakeP as scum this game.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

His whole play has been super concerned with how he comes across with regards to alignment, even to the point that he openly discussed it in thread. Claiming 3P after his flip is just an extension on this play, and I think he is actually scum, and perhaps isn't even deathproof, and could have been protected by a scum governor or something of the sort instead. I just don't believe him, and his play reeks of scum to me

I'm getting weird feels about this. This feels like an amalgamation of poo poo I said before BK flipped so maybe I'm being a little self-centric here but JakeP is all of a sudden hardcore on the BK train after the failed cuddle and I could totally see him going for an easy argument. This is well before MMT came out with her claim. It's weird.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I liked Rarity for town earlier but her content has really fallen off lately and looking back on it I think the Quidnose vote looks kinda flimsy and bad. We will never know what Jimson had on Rarity but if it was that Rarity did nothing on night 1 that doesn't really tell us anything.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidnose posted:

I'm getting weird feels about this. This feels like an amalgamation of poo poo I said before BK flipped so maybe I'm being a little self-centric here but JakeP is all of a sudden hardcore on the BK train after the failed cuddle and I could totally see him going for an easy argument. This is well before MMT came out with her claim. It's weird.

Yeah it's a really easy argument for scum to make and it's also a distinction that shouldn't really matter to town. Third-party is third-party, you don't really need anything else to support a 3p lynch.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

If anything, the people who are reluctant to vote BK now are probably the scum being self concious as to how they come across voting the SK instead of scum hunting. Its really a no brainer though, lynch the claimed SK, then jimson

JakeP posted:

Interesting that you call someone out on making an easy read, when your only reads this game have been Jimson is scum, and Imgay hasn't posted content

This is a REALLY weird combination. JakeP says Jimson is a clear slamdunk and then goes after BHB for feeling the same way. This is after Jimson had already flipped town.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

I mean that is me casing BHB for the most part. The only case you can make on him is that he hasn't posted much, and the couple relevant posts he has made are calling that one player that everyone says is scum scum, and calling out imgays post history

I guess I didn't expressly say it, but I would vote BHB

Another potential cuddle float. JakeP is probably scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

I also don't think kordansk is a bad vote. He was definitely a lot more active in his first game. He was SK in that one, but his scum hunting felt genuine in that game, and in this game it just feels off to me

His scum hunting has felt WHAT???? WHAT???????

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The gently caress even is that.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

My reread is done.

##vote JakeP

Still waiting on kordansk to give his night results.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Doing a FULL player role update:

DEAD:

AnonymousNarcotics - Doctor
Asiina - VT
BK: SK
Chic Trombone: VT
Jimson: Tracker
Podima: VT

ALIVE:

Barehanded Brother
imgay
JakeP
Khris Kruel
King Burgundy
kordansk - Oracle
Lumpen
Murmur Twin - 3p Survivor
Quidnose - VT
Rarity
The Ninth Layer
TMMadman

I was hoping we'd have more information with my VT + the flipped VTs but that was mostly unhelpful. Welp.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote JakeP I agree with everything you've said Quidnose.

Barehanded Brother, TMMadman, kordansk, and Lumpen all have less posts than Podima who died on night 1.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quidnose posted:

imgay has posted zero of substance, but I've already said that. No scumhunting.

The Ninth Layer posted:

the gently caress kind of poo poo is this. ive posted content today and you chosing to ignore it. what kind of reaffirming circlejerk narrative you trying to spin on me. maybe actual read instead of spewing false poo poo you shitlords

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

imgay posted:

the gently caress kind of poo poo is this. ive posted content today and you chosing to ignore it. what kind of reaffirming circlejerk narrative you trying to spin on me. maybe actual read instead of spewing false poo poo you shitlords

No offense but "I think KB and Quid probably aren't busing each other" is a very cold hot take. Step your game up son.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Saying two things about the game across three days is not exactly something you should feel proud of.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so you don't like my substance, so what, dont try spinning im no substance. thats super loving shade

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and ive made over 10 effort posts this game, maybe if you reread me without trying to spin me off as pure poo poo you'd realise that

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

You made one game related post. That puts you at 2% substance.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

imgay posted:

Oh OK let's look at your posts since the flip:

imgay posted:

both men club applicants were dead, jake nominated lumpen for it. I hardly want to put jake under the radar on this though. also bhb i think is tmm because they look the same except bhb is black

No content.

imgay posted:

its a thing. last time i played with lumpen he made like a compilation of lumpen lists. he was scum tho and they didnt catch any scum so its one of those things where the beholder is skewed indefinitely by the scion of truth

Kind of content, not sure what you're even saying here. No opinion offered.

imgay posted:

sorry but last time i put my foot foward and tried hard, i got immeadiately killed

Cool. No content.

imgay posted:

has anyone countered tmm on 2nd kill?

Rolefish.

imgay posted:

Please don't sully the man club's name mmt. also kordansk finally shows up but hes pretty closeminded in his posts, kind of whack. i don't think kb and quid are both scum from their exchange i dont see a scum path by them thunderdoming each other. crzier things have happened before but its unlikely

Garbage, jokepost. No way you actually think KB and I are both scum. No mention of Lumpen thunderdome earlier. No content.

imgay posted:

my brain hurts trying to comprehend, also jake I'm slapping your knuckles for saying youll vote a fellow club men member. SLAP
if you don't have the integrity to trust your brothers, your own character will be judged for its flaws

No content.

imgay posted:

also if ur looking for backup sk wouldn't that be on tmm plate?

No content.

imgay posted:

my add literally prevents me from reading that post

No content.

Where is your content, imgay? By your own admission before the flip:

imgay posted:

And don't frame it like I'm the only one not scum hunting right now

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Your anger reads as fake.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

imgay posted:

and ive made over 10 effort posts this game, maybe if you reread me without trying to spin me off as pure poo poo you'd realise that

Look dude I know you play Mafia in your own way. Occasionally I see glimpses of opinions on people. It's just too occasional for me to stand around giving you credit for it.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Like okay I'll give you credit for having made more than 1 game related post. But if we're setting the number at 10, you're tied for posts with the vote counting robot.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

And the thing is that imgay's play this game is SO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from his last couple of games where he's been really solid town. Would vote.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also TNL I am glad you and I are playing right now, wish everyone else hadn't gone to bed, especially Kordansk.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Especially since it's 4PM in australia and he dropped that bomb and just took off.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah I am having fun scumhunting with you instead of against you for a change :)

Also glad I finally have some time to play this one, I always hate it when I struggle to get into a game because it feels like I'm letting down the moderator.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

imgay posted:

##vote asiina
from what I know asiina doesn't post when they scum, and asiina aint posted poo poo

imgay posted:

asiina votes are based on the lack of play. hosed up you think it isnt

imgay posted:

u can tell asiina lurking since they posting elsewhere

imgay posted:

And don't frame it like I'm the only one not scum hunting right now

imgay posted:

both men club applicants were dead, jake nominated lumpen for it. I hardly want to put jake under the radar on this though. also bhb i think is tmm because they look the same except bhb is black

imgay posted:

its a thing. last time i played with lumpen he made like a compilation of lumpen lists. he was scum tho and they didnt catch any scum so its one of those things where the beholder is skewed indefinitely by the scion of truth

imgay posted:

Please don't sully the man club's name mmt. also kordansk finally shows up but hes pretty closeminded in his posts, kind of whack. i don't think kb and quid are both scum from their exchange i dont see a scum path by them thunderdoming each other. crzier things have happened before but its unlikely

imgay posted:

my brain hurts trying to comprehend, also jake I'm slapping your knuckles for saying youll vote a fellow club men member. SLAP
if you don't have the integrity to trust your brothers, your own character will be judged for its flaws

imgay posted:

also if ur looking for backup sk wouldn't that be on tmm plate?

wow countered your poo poo rear end claim

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

imgay who do you think is scum?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Half of those I just said have no content. A whole bunch of D1 analysis on your "scumhunting" votes on flipped town Asiina isn't exactly gonna sway my mind here, breh.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

imgay who do you think is scum?

Yeah, list, go. Good call TNL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its content in context idiot