Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Nitro Grill seemed like standard casual dining stuff, like a wrestling-themed TGI Fridays.

Pastamania's menu is too vague and emphasizes building your own over specific entrees. Food court eating midwesterners who try to mix and match their own pasta are mostly going to get the blandest poo poo. And what, exactly, are those veggies? They needed a list of fully-described entrees like Hulk's Power Pasta first and the mix and match second.

At the time, the FDA were pushing carbs and starches as the major component to healthy eating. Then it turns out not everyone processes gluten the same way. OOPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I don't think that failing to offer gluten-free menu items would be in Bleacher Report's Top 10 Reasons Hulk Hogan's Pastamania Closed in Less than a Year. Really, the Hulkster was just ahead of his time. These days you can't throw a brick without hitting a chain restaurant offering huge portions of lousy pasta.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
At the time, Pastamania only lasted a few months. Today Noodles & Company is succeeding with fast casual pasta. Restaurants just have to pretend to be healthy by the current trends but Pastamania couldn't even put out a competent menu.

I wish a hall of fame/restaurant would happen and it's so frustrating to think they blew the one chance on an expensive location and management that stole from the company.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I know someone beat me to the joke but the whole menu is pasta. What could you possibly get a side of pasta for

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Aesop Poprock posted:

I know someone beat me to the joke but the whole menu is pasta. What could you possibly get a side of pasta for

The only way a side of pasta works is if were called Brutus "The Barber" Beefaroni.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

look maybe you want a side of fettuccine alfredo with your pasta mexicana

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Maybe your jabroni kid only wants a side of pasta. The hulkster will never tell this secret.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

look maybe you want a side of fettuccine alfredo with your pasta mexicana
You have to admire them for going all-in on the pasta. Everything except the bread and salad is pasta. No chicken nuggets and french fries on the kids' menu, even. What, little Hulkamaniac, you don't like pasta? Too bad, say your prayers and eat your vitamins Hulkaroni.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

RZApublican posted:

The only way a side of pasta works is if were called Brutus "The Barber" Beefaroni.
I feel like this thread could come up with much more clever wrestling dish names than the Hulkster did

Bret "The Hitman" Hearty minestrone
Flair Chopped Salad
Booker Tea and Crumpets

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Goldberger close thread

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Goldberger close thread

That's no good. You can't get cheese on it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Taco Inferno

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

JK! posted:

That's no good. You can't get cheese on it.

the actual Goldberger had two kinds of cheese

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
The Nitro Grill menu was so low-effort. Flatliner Salad?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Nothing about the WCW Nitro Grill menu wasn't perfect in every way

SLAPPUCCINO

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I know in my heart of hearts that there was a Flatliner Salad.

Edit: A-ha!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

What do you get if you go in and you ask for something that a bird left on my car

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I love that incredibly lazy Goldberg where someone Photoshopped a knife and fork into his hands.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
lol "Burger & Sandwich Pac"?

What does that even mean. Just taking part of the Wolfpac name and calling it a day?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
For that matter, I don't know why they took the nWo name out of the cheesecake. Why? Kevin Nash already had two menu items. Is it possible that even for the dessert menu, the nWo was just...too...sweeeet?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Yes, I'd like the "Big Boy Brownie" please

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!
And yet no picture of Glacier next to the desserts or Scott Hall next to the wine list.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ZixTheYeti posted:

And yet no picture of Glacier next to the desserts or Scott Hall next to the wine list.

A little on the nose...then again, it's WCW.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

RZApublican posted:

SLAPPUCCINO

Crushrooms! This is glorious.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Halloween Jack posted:

The Nitro Grill menu was so low-effort. Flatliner Salad?

It really does feel like they just settled for whatever people threw out during a one-off, five minute brain storming session. A few of them are kind of cute--I'd definitely have ordered the DDB while getting drunk on WOOOO! cocktails.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I bet flair used his likeness rights on that menu as collateral for a loan or eight

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

broken RIB black EYE

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I'll have the baby guts.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Cromulent posted:

I'll have the baby guts.

I'll have the Veal American

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
I doubt Nelson's Famous Ribs - half or full - would have made it past a five minute brain storming session (which wrestler is Nelson?) and it's my favorite thing on the menu.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
It can only be a reference to half/full nelson, but my first thought was Viscera.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tonight at 8 PM:

BASH AT THE BEACH 98

The second biggest PPV in WCW history!

HOGAN AND RODMAN VS DDP AND MALONE

Elsewhere on the show:

Curt Hennig vs Goldberg for the World Title

Bret Hart vs Booker T for the TV Title

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Chris Jericho or the Cruiserweight Title

THE GIANT vs Kevin Greene

Konnan vs Alex Wright

Eddy Guerrero vs Chavo Guerrero Jr

Juventud Guerrera vs KID MAN

Raven vs Saturn

AND SO MUCH MORE!

It all goes down tonight at 8 PM! Tune in at 7:30 for the pre show and probably a movie after!

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
Did Hogan invest in any of those failed but awesome ventures or did he simply license his name/likeness?

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

RZApublican posted:

SLAPPUCCINO

:perfect:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

iLikeMidgets posted:

Did Hogan invest in any of those failed but awesome ventures or did he simply license his name/likeness?

oh my sweet summer child

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I would totally drink a couple WOOOOOOOs, not gonna lie

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Vodka, Midori, and cranberry would actually be very gross.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
The Fear the Spear and the Stinger Splash are also extremely gross cocktails.

And they don't even have a Tequila Sunrise!

drat, now I want to create an actual menu of wrestling cocktails.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

triplexpac posted:

lol "Burger & Sandwich Pac"?

What does that even mean. Just taking part of the Wolfpac name and calling it a day?

I'd like to think it was a reference to Syxx-Pac though I'm not sure on the timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

ayn rand hand job posted:

I'd like to think it was a reference to Syxx-Pac though I'm not sure on the timeline.

It uses the bird poo poo logo so that's well after Sean Waltman left.