Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I tried several other abilities and the only ones that worked with it were exalted weapons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Wiki says "All weapons except Exalted Weapons are affected by the damage buff." This is new behavior looks like.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Ah, I only heard it through the grapevine, so I never tested it. Good to know.

Here's another useful spectrorage combo. I actually like this one plus it features Big Boi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA0jaV5RHmA

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Is Ivara better than Ash for stealth scanning?

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Prefer ivara because you can cast once and stay invisible as long as you have energy. With ash you have to recast every X seconds and could run the risk of alerting.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Svensken posted:

Yeah. Prowl, plus the augment to make her faster is essentially the most reliable way to do it.

Loki is also an option but you have to keep recasting Invis. Prowl is a toggle with an energy cost that might as well be zero.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i just like ivara way more than ash because her kit is more varied and fun, imo

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Ash teleport murder is hilarious and fun, especially now with Marked for Death (note to self: put that on ash) but for stealth scanning I agree, Ivara. Great frame for it.

also for people who hate spy, I think ivara + prowl aug + helminth Perspicacity might be the most foolproof setup. Not the fastest, but the least likely to fail.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Loki is probably better for stealth scanning than Ivara if you can keep up the stealth recasting reliably

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Man conservation on Fortuna blows. At least Master Teasonai lets me to go to town on wild animals

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Never used Ivara for Spy because I used Loki to farm her and didn't see the point in switching once I did have her. Decoy -> Switch Teleport to get past lasers is a nice feature on top of the invisibility.

Invisibility is easy to maintain on Loki. Here's the unpotatoed Loki build I used to farm Spy on both Switch and PC. Keeps up invisibility easily with the occasional Zen bubble, but does require corrupted mods:

Playing Ash and Loki quite a bit in general missions right now and Loki's invisibility is better for Spy given its longer duration. Ash's is better for combat or fast movement given it's a one handed fast cast.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Sep 15, 2020

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Svensken posted:

Ash has the worst stealth compared to the other stealth frames, the duration is so pitiful it's more useful to tank duration and use arcane trickster instead.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Ash is a great stealth melee frame which I run a lot, especially for the liches who he just chews through. Current build gives 18 seconds of invisibility, which is a lot in actual play because it's both cheap to maintain and really quick to cast being one-handed: you continue doing whatever it is you're doing as you cast it.

Works just as well for non-melee: the juicy stealth damage multiplier works well both way.

Ash has other advantages for melee: the 4 aug, Rising Storm, gives +10 seconds combo counter which frees up a slot on the melee weapon.

Arcane Trickery is nice when it procs but at 15% is tough to proc reliably and takes too long to do individually. I tried using Blade Storm to proc it en masse, but BS doesn't scale well beyond lvl 70-90 depending on the enemy so I wouldn't rely on it alone for Liches, for eg. Even at those levels, the slash procs from BS combine with Ash's passive and so enemies die from the slash proc before the finisher and Trickery doesn't kick in. Blade Storm also makes it hard to use invisibility since you need all that Strength for it.

Tried pretty hard to make a reasonable to use Ash/Trickery build and it just seemed a lot finickier and less reliable than just leaning hard into using his 2 for invisibility.

A Skiajatii build that complemented Trickery may work but I just tried that with Banshee + Savage Silence + Trickery and it still seemed a bit too unreliable for proccing invisibility and too time-consuming/high maintenance as a consequence.

E: Trickery is a lot nicer in the simulacrum than in a non-solo mission where the enemies you're running up to use a finisher on are being wiped out by other frames, leaving you visible and exposed depending on how much your build is relying on invisibility for survivability.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 15, 2020

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Ash's stealth has the worst duration no doubt, but comboing the fact that it's a free handed animation with the fact that it does a short aoe stun on cast makes it still kinda nice in the middle of combat even with low duration.

That said if you want to stay invisible as Ash then you're definitely looking at Arcane Trickster instead of building for duration, I've seen people recommend the Skajiati as a melee for it's bonus invisibility from finisher kills but honestly Trickster has always felt like more than enough when Ash can backstab a crowd just by looking at them.

Ash is one of my favorites pretty much just because he's pure ninja in a space ninja game, maybe my second or third most played frame, and while he has some nice fashion it doesn't really compare to the majesty of Ivara Prime. I can't blame anyone for preferring either really.

E: dang we've got completely opposite suggestions :V

I guess for reference I'm pretty much always using a dagger or hammer zaw with Ash.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Sep 15, 2020

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

FunkyFjord posted:

E: dang we've got completely opposite suggestions :V

I guess for reference I'm pretty much always using a dagger or hammer zaw with Ash.

:V

I think Blade Storm works great for star chart and even higher than star chart but doesn't work well beyond lvl 80/90s. I wish I could turn off his passive only when Blade Storm is active, those slash procs are viciously effective at higher levels and prevents the finisher from getting the kill and proccing Trickery. Sounds petty to complain about great slash procs, but there you go.

Can you share your build?

My current build is https://overframe.gg/build/76194/ash-prime/invisible-rising-shuriken-ash/

Mostly this build with some minor tweaks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CyipIjziGo

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

So I got sucked back in to Warframe by Heart of Deimos, and suddenly discovered why I put it down last time - I'm having trouble finding a loadout that can finish the Star Map (level 35+ missions) successfully. I've got three fully leveled frames: Excalibur, Rhino, Trinity Prime, and Frost Prime. I've also got a few fully leveld primary weapons: Hek, Vectis Prime, Braton, Strun.

My main problem is that when looking at builds for these components, a lot of them involve mods which are much more exotic than what I have access to, and I'm having difficulty breaking it down to the individual effects that I should be prioritizing (beyond +damage on primary weapons and the right elemental effects for what I'm fighting). Is there a good guide that lays out what to shoot for when you don't necessarily have every mod at your disposal, or when they aren't fully leveled?

Also, gently caress Protea Specter. Did that fight at least 15 times last night and could not crack it, even once I figured out the trick. I also think I'm doing something wrong on the prior mission step because The Treasurer takes a long time to kill even with a Vectis Prime doing full magnetic.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

kaynorr posted:

So I got sucked back in to Warframe by Heart of Deimos, and suddenly discovered why I put it down last time - I'm having trouble finding a loadout that can finish the Star Map (level 35+ missions) successfully. I've got three fully leveled frames: Excalibur, Rhino, Trinity Prime, and Frost Prime. I've also got a few fully leveld primary weapons: Hek, Vectis Prime, Braton, Strun.

My main problem is that when looking at builds for these components, a lot of them involve mods which are much more exotic than what I have access to, and I'm having difficulty breaking it down to the individual effects that I should be prioritizing (beyond +damage on primary weapons and the right elemental effects for what I'm fighting). Is there a good guide that lays out what to shoot for when you don't necessarily have every mod at your disposal, or when they aren't fully leveled?

Also, gently caress Protea Specter. Did that fight at least 15 times last night and could not crack it, even once I figured out the trick. I also think I'm doing something wrong on the prior mission step because The Treasurer takes a long time to kill even with a Vectis Prime doing full magnetic.

Any time a build calls for "Primed [Mod]" or "Umbral [Mod]" you can just ignore it and use the basic version until you get a better version. Umbral Intensify is ~50% power strength; regular Intensify is ~30. It's fine.

If a build calls for a mod that has a bonus and a malus (e.g., Fleeting Expertise, which comes with +60 efficiency at the cost of -60 duration), those can be slightly rarer but they are the gateway to really good builds. Mods like Fleeting Expertise, Narrow Minded, Blind Rage are usually only worth 10-15p on the market -- if you ask in clan chat, someone will more than likely be willing to share one with you. My IGN is Charenton, you can always hit me up, but goons love giving out mods.

Also Protea Specter is a hard fight even for vets, don't feel bad about it.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

kaynorr posted:

The whole Protea battle is super loving annoying, I did it a month or two ago and I still hate it more than anything I've done before or since.

Tip 1: Join the goon clan, ask for mods to help, someone will be nice enough to provide you with poo poo that will be useful.
Tip 2: Rhino is probably who you want. Mod the Xoris to bounce a little less (I think those mods drop in missions near this time) so it returns to you sooner.
Tip 3: Use specters. Even if they're basically only there to tank, it takes some flak off you.

I did this solo, but you could also ask folks to join you and that might make things a *lot* easier on you.

EDIT: the treasurer *always* took me forever too

George RR Fartin fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 15, 2020

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

kaynorr posted:

For better or worse, that guide would mostly just be "here's how you get X mod."

Lean on older players, a lot of the time something that represents a huge hurdle for you is something every bittervet has 100+ of just sitting in storage.

It's not as exciting as warframe powers, but putting a potato and a couple of forma into a gun and just leaving your warframe with redirection + vitality will go a lot further in terms of power and what content you can do than the reverse.

When you commit to a project, follow through. Having a bunch of guns at 0 forma does nothing to help you complete higher-level content. Get one gun that can fill all 8 mod slots (ignoring the exilus slot for now) and you'll have a universal fallback, and then you can diversify.

Mod power scales linearly while costs scale geometrically, so it's better to get all the mods on a gun up to a similar pip level than to try and max out one at a time. When putting mods into polarized slots, warframe calculates the drain by rounding up, so stopping at 6 pips or 8 might be better than leaving them at odd numbers.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Sep 15, 2020

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

kaynorr posted:

Here are some 0-forma builds I whipped up for your Hek, one potatoed and one unpotatoed. Also this is a great site for making your own builds:

https://overframe.gg/build/new/1240...Fs3NjEsMywwXV1d
https://overframe.gg/build/new/1240...zc2MSwzLDBdXV0=

These are all common and endo-cheap mods that clan people will be able to give you easily

edit: this build is better if you can get given the 60/60 mods

https://overframe.gg/build/new/1240...zYxLDMsMF1dXQ==

BMan fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 15, 2020

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

kaynorr posted:

Seriously join a goon clan or any newbie clan and beg for handouts. It's super easy and farming for a lot of these base mods simply sucks a whole bunch of rear end. I tried to solo play for like six months and never got any multishot mods which stalled me and made me totally uninterested in the game. I joined a goon clan and someone gave me one of their 500 extra multishot mods and I just took off from there no problems.

Also don't be afraid to beg for a lot of the standard stuff. I know I personally am sitting on like 200 of the base mods that I don't need and don't really need the endo that badly and would be more than happy to throw them to any new players. Everyone in the game is like that.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

For sure, if you're playing on Switch ping me (pnp17) and I'll give you tons of stuffs. I'll gladly help you with missions too.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Psion posted:

Ash teleport murder is hilarious and fun, especially now with Marked for Death (note to self: put that on ash)

Marked For Death Ash is very good, yes

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Thanks for the tips everyone, I'll try and get in the PS4 clan.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.twitch.tv/warframe
15x mother token drop if you, uh, want to save a minute?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Ivara has Navigator, which while incredibly flashy, doesn't do so much outside of conservation.

That being said, I should try it more with weapons with strange modes of fire like Akjagara Prime or the Drakgoon. Does it only control a singular pellet or beam out of a gun?

copy
Jul 26, 2007

I think with multishot, navigator only controls one pellet. I don't believe it works for beam weapons at all.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

kaynorr posted:

You're using reactors/catalysts (potatoes) on the frames/weapons you want to invest in right? It's hard for gear to be useful past 30-40 or so without them, but once you use them you don't need lots of exotic mods to get well past that.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Victory Position posted:

Ivara has Navigator, which while incredibly flashy, doesn't do so much outside of conservation.

That being said, I should try it more with weapons with strange modes of fire like Akjagara Prime or the Drakgoon. Does it only control a singular pellet or beam out of a gun?

I've been using Ivara's Navigator in the Orb Vallis to shoot arrows into Corpus heads from over 100m away to unveil rivens.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

kaynorr posted:

Anyone would be more then happy to toss you missing mods if you know what you need and some people would even be happy to dump a few hundred plat on a newbie who needs warframe or weapon slots or most importantly color palettes, aside from that just get your forge filled with as many weapons and some frames as you possibly can so you can shoot up the mastery ranks into 8+ and get access to some of the more interesting explodey weapons.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

copy posted:

I think with multishot, navigator only controls one pellet. I don't believe it works for beam weapons at all.

Well that stinks. I hope they come up with some sort of augment that lets you control all the shot out of a shotgun like a swarm of bees.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

shoot up the mastery ranks into 8+ and get access to some of the more interesting explodey weapons.

Anyone can get an Ignis Wraith for free if you can handle communicating with people on the internet. Minimum Mastery Rank 9.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/hjia7u/infinite_ignis_wraith_giveaway_aka_officially/

There's a list of people to contact in game, some are console players.

The Ignis Wraith is extremely strong and will definitely carry a player through most content with some forma investment and mods.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Back to Ash chat - Ash also has one of the higher sprint speeds in the game (not the HIGHEST, but I think only Loki and Gauss move faster).

Ash is my go-to for Spy/Rescue - with a full set of +sprint speed mods, some duration, Infested Mobility and Dispatch Overdrive on my heavy attack Balla Dagger Zaw, he's one of the fastest things in the whole drat game.

I mean sure, other frames might be a little better or more specialized - Limbo or Wukong can just ignore most spy stuff, but sometimes you just wanna Naruto run though levels at Mach 2.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Navigator used to work pretty well with thrown glaives. Still not super practical compared to just plain shooting enemies without spending any energy, but the damage was quite good and you could just keep sawing through things. Easily the best thing to use it with. Ever since I came back after some of the mechanics changes though, it doesn't seem very effective anymore, at least with the glaives I have.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

v1ld posted:

:V

I think Blade Storm works great for star chart and even higher than star chart but doesn't work well beyond lvl 80/90s. I wish I could turn off his passive only when Blade Storm is active, those slash procs are viciously effective at higher levels and prevents the finisher from getting the kill and proccing Trickery. Sounds petty to complain about great slash procs, but there you go.

My current build is https://overframe.gg/build/76194/ash-prime/invisible-rising-shuriken-ash/

Mostly this build with some minor tweaks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CyipIjziGo

I have an Ash bladestorm build that can easily clear Kuva Floods and the first couple minutes of any Steel Path mission. Having an ability to instantly cause True damage ticks on SP Grineer jerks is plenty of damage scaling.

Phone posting, but here are my mods:
Steel Charge (to get extra mod capacity, and boost my True damage ticks)
Cunning Drift Exilus (to compensate for low range)
Primed Continuity
Fleeting Expertise R5
Rising Storm
Transient Fortitude
Umbral Intensify
Stretch
Narrow Minded
Seeking Shuriken (kind of a flex slot here)

I run Zenurik to sustain my energy because Rising Storm gives a ton of combo duration. Make sure to always put 3x blade storm Marks on enemies by swiping the cursor over enemies several times. Range is slightly below 100% but that's not a problem because it has plenty of Mark range already, and you're not fighting at Open World distances.

Victory Position posted:

Navigator is one of my favorite Ivara gimmick skills. You have to use it with an explosive projectile weapon, like Kuva Bramma or Tonkor. Can't use it with Stahlta, those explosive projectiles are way too fast to be usable.

The Gimmick build I have is high strength and duration, minimum range. I use the Dashwires augment, so I can sit in a corner, with +298% Crit Damage, launching wire-guided missiles at anyone who enters the room.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Yo, here's some free poo poo:
https://games.steelseries.com/giveaway/1262383120/overview

A syandana, 3-day booster, and color palette.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Vargs posted:

Nice, thanks

e: have to make a steelseries account, they didn't make me verify my email at least.

If you're on a non-PC platform the other platforms are listed on the right side bar

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 16, 2020

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Vargs posted:

Hell yeah thats a lot of pink.

v1ld posted:

It looks like the build I primarily run around with is

CorPro (or radar or sprint boost)
Power Drift

TransFort one pip from max
U Intensify
U Vitality
Adaptation two pips from max
P Continuity
A Primed Flow thats only giving me 175% energy instead of regular Flow's 150%
Streamline one pip from max
And then I swap between augments, primarily Fatal Teleport or Seeking Shuriken though.
Currently running Trickery and Guardian though you could swap that out for Energize or various others, Strike etc.
It's, uh, five forma and none of them are umbral. This isn't so much a mathed out build so much as just trying to make a balance that I liked.

This comes out to 130 dur, 125 eff, flat 100 range, and 220 strength. 1275 health and 325 energy, stealth energy cost reductions go a long way here. Admittedly I'm likely getting a lot of my Trickery procs off of Teleport but Blade Storm does an excellent job of keeping it up in my experience.

I've found this tanky enough for all content but it definitely wasn't obliterating Steel Path, never had problems with sortie stuff, fortuna stuff, or those rare high level events though (although that was probably a slightly different build because many of those where a while ago).

E: this may or may not have been built before shield gating was a thing.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Sep 16, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

BMan posted:

Here are some 0-forma builds I whipped up for your Hek, one potatoed and one unpotatoed. Also this is a great site for making your own builds:

https://overframe.gg/build/new/1240...Fs3NjEsMywwXV1d
https://overframe.gg/build/new/1240...zc2MSwzLDBdXV0=

These are all common and endo-cheap mods that clan people will be able to give you easily

edit: this build is better if you can get given the 60/60 mods

https://overframe.gg/build/new/1240...zYxLDMsMF1dXQ==

I will say, if you can do nightmare missions to get Chilling Reload you can do them for Blaze (+60% base damage +60% heat), as well, which is one of the best and most point-efficient shotgun mods.
Much better than Scattering Inferno and Incendiary Coat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I will say, if you can do nightmare missions to get Chilling Reload you can do them for Blaze

no, no you really can't