Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

this is the most caduceus thing to have ever happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHA

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I am laughing like an idiot

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Dexo posted:

That's tabletop roleplaying.

The Dice always decide.

They won, but it was a partial victory. Returned daslkfjdlkafjd';lskafjl;aksdhjf;laksdjf;laksdjf;'asdlkjfa;sldkfjas;dlkfjas;ldkfja;sldfkja;sldkfjas;ldkfjamnsdf

HOLY poo poo

So Like I was saying. The Dice always decide in a Roleplaying game lmao

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

effervescible posted:

I am laughing like an idiot

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
Cleric supremacy.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
oh jesus christ

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Dueling Tals

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Holy mother of poo poo

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

lol one to many people to plane shift now though...

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Dragonstoned posted:

lol one to many people to plane shift now though...

sorry Essek, got our real friend back.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Dexo posted:

sorry Essek, got our real friend back.

Both clerics know plane shift. They also still have the happy fun ball IIRC.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

DeathSandwich posted:

Both clerics know plane shift. They also still have the happy fun ball IIRC.

yeah, it's not an actual problem I know, was just making a joke.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Dexo posted:

That's tabletop roleplaying.

The Dice always decide.

They won, but it was a partial victory. Returned daslkfjdlkafjd';lskafjl;aksdhjf;laksdjf;laksdjf;'asdlkjfa;sldkfjas;dlkfjas;ldkfja;sldfkja;sldkfjas;ldkfjamnsdf

HOLY poo poo

I'd accept it if the cast failed their rolls, but those were decent checks they passed. Having it fail because Matt rolled poorly is where it loving sucked.

Having it 180 back because Tal rolled well is satisfying.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Nemo2342 posted:

Having it fail because Matt rolled poorly is where it loving sucked.

Honestly, Matt rolling and failing normally would've sucked, but him rolling a loving 1 was just insane to the point breaking into funny territory for me.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I asked politely :colbert:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Nemo2342 posted:

I'd accept it if the cast failed their rolls, but those were decent checks they passed. Having it fail because Matt rolled poorly is where it loving sucked.

That's the game.

The DC was probably fairly low because of their rolls, but he rolled a one.

That's just the game imo.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
they're counting up the party....

show's scripted

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

I suspect Matt gives DM fiat to get the extra person back in one cast because there is no longer a ticking clock.

LOL Ashley wins.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Mage_Boy posted:

LOL Ashley wins.

I uh... Was letting all of you have your moment

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Mage_Boy posted:

I suspect Matt gives DM fiat to get the extra person back in one cast because there is no longer a ticking clock.

LOL Ashley wins.

put someone in a bag of holding for 6 seconds lol

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Dexo posted:

That's the game.

The DC was probably fairly low because of their rolls, but he rolled a one.

That's just the game imo.

To each their own, but this is one of the moments where I'd prefer the DM fudge things so that 100 sessions of the game ended in triumph instead of another partial victory.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

An accessory to murder

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
shout outs to the two crew

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
There's only 9 of them, so Plane Shift will work fine: essek, molly, fjord, jester, caleb, veth, yasha, caduceus and beau.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Nemo2342 posted:

To each their own, but this is one of the moments where I'd prefer the DM fudge things so that 100 sessions of the game ended in triumph instead of another partial victory.

They saved the world, they just didn't save one person. That was a Triumph.

It's a sacrifice they all would take. It sucks they didn't get 100%(until Cad's 15% roll), but they didn't know if they would be able to save Molly going in anyway, this would have just been a bonus.

But this is just a difference in philosophy.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Nemo2342 posted:

Fudging rolls for any reason kind of shits on the whole concept of the game in general though

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Dragonstoned posted:

Fudging rolls for any reason kind of shits on the whole concept of the game in general though
And they'd probably get a ton of poo poo for it too.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Dragonstoned posted:

Yep the Die are the Die. And you play off of that.

They had to roll a 5 lmao The DC was comically low. He just rolled a loving 1.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/matthewmercer/status/1398165528653402112

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Man, what a nailbiter right to the end.

Molly's brain is a bit whoopsy doodle, but here's hoping that he'll be able to pull himself back together in the next couple of in game days.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

I am glad I stayed up for that but I will be regretting it in work tomorrow.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

But yeah, the Cast knew the resurrection rules going in.

They knew there was a decent chance at failure.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
And hey, now Tal has a character (and the party will be less ludicrously OP!) for any follow-up oneshots or miniarcs!

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Honestly, that ending was just so good, even if I've been grumbling about things leading here, that was a really good ending.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Jetrauben posted:

And hey, now Tal has a character (and the party will be less ludicrously OP!) for any follow-up oneshots or miniarcs!
He also has a built in excuse to redo some stuff now that Matt knows the class better.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
It just felt right emotionally and cinematically!

The overarching theme of this game hasn't been about "save the world," it's been about the Nein themselves.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/matthewmercer/status/1398167229460410369

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Long May He Reign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Of course Taleisin makes it happen with insane dice luck. I never should have doubted it would happen.