Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Literally The Worst posted:

So, smokingwatching a bunch of Crank right before an interview: good idea? I want to come off as a real go-getter, lots of energy.

That seems about right, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

penismightier posted:

I'm giving Peep Show a shot, it's very disorienting.
It gets really good in the second series, then it gets kind of stagnant in later ones. Then again, I'm someone who thinks that the entire show should be considered an all time great purely for the way Johnson pronounces "Frankfurt".

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Literally The Worst posted:

So, smoking a bunch of crank right before an interview: good idea? I want to come off as a real go-getter, lots of energy.

Absolutely!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_O6bWb7oEuE

We were all thinking of this, right?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Gorn Myson posted:

It gets really good in the second series, then it gets kind of stagnant in later ones. Then again, I'm someone who thinks that the entire show should be considered an all time great purely for the way Johnson pronounces "Frankfurt".

Yeah, it's very funny but is also one of those shows that should be half as long as it is.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Yeah, it's very funny but is also one of those shows that should be half as long as it is.

The short seasons mitigate this a bit. I would have given up after series five or six, but I can still break off a few hours for a pale shadow.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Every show should be as short as Nathan Barley. 4-8 episodes is all one show needs.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Every show should be as short as Nathan Barley. 4-8 episodes is all one show needs.

brb reshooting Breaking Bad as a 4 episode miniseries.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Honest Thief posted:

In gaming news, Konami might be bailing out videogaming or something cause not only Kojima is leaving it, but a whole bunch other people, and Love Plus game director already left.

This blows.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Is Kojima taking Metal Gear with him or is that owned by Konami?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Is Kojima taking Metal Gear with him or is that owned by Konami?

All the text reading 'A Hideo Kojima Game' has already vanished from all the official promotional media.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So Phantom Pain is probably gonna be the last Metal Gear game. :smith:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
No of course it won't. Konami will keep making them until they are unprofitable, and probably beyond that point.

Kojima just won't be involved. For awhile. Or maybe he will. Who knows!

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

LORD OF BUTT posted:

That's probably a good thing, there's not many other places Kojima can take the series and this one looks like it's closing the loop anyway. It'll be nice to see what he does when he,s free from MGS.

It's Silent Hills and it's indeterminate fate that concerns me.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FishBulb posted:

No of course it won't. Konami will keep making them until they are unprofitable, and probably beyond that point.

Kojima just won't be involved. For awhile. Or maybe he will. Who knows!

But there's a decent chance Konami's not making games anymore, period.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Then they'll sell or license the IP out.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Even if that was the case (and I haven't seen any legit articles hinting at that), they'd sell off the IPs or farm them out.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I mean to be honest Metal Gear's like the only thing they've been putting serious money into in the last few years anyways. Last Silent Hill was years ago, last Silent Hill they actually made was even longer. Lords of Shadow is farmed out and may have gotten shitcanned itself, and other than that there hasn't been a Castlevania game in like 4 and a half years. Last Contra game was 4 in 2007. PES is the only series they have that isn't dead or dying, and that's just roster updates.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Konami has been distancing itself more and more from actual videogaming, they got other revenues now and way more profitable.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Honest Thief posted:

Konami has been distancing itself more and more from actual videogaming, they got other revenues now and way more profitable.

Half of their revenue still comes from "digital entertainment", though. From other reports they are just consolidating power at their central offices, they're not going to abandon MGS while there's still profit to be had.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

axleblaze posted:

I meant that more in the sense that people would probably be more likely to give money to get Dickeye to shut up about comics.

its not just limited to comics

Dr Monkeysee
Oct 11, 2002

just a fox like a hundred thousand others
Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

Better Call Saul is a great show, but watching him strive every week to be a famous attorney and knowing he's eventually going to be the Saul that we see in Breaking Bad is a little bit depressing.

I'm watching Better Call Saul live and rewatching Breaking Bad with some friends in parallel. We just got to the Saul introduction episode last week and he's *way* scuzzier than I remember which makes me both excited to see how Better Call Saul gets there and :smith: about the whole thing since Jimmy is such a nice guy.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BUTT posted:

To be fair I think IV was supposed to be the last one. Like he insisted pretty vehemently it would be...and then they made Peace Walker, but that was different because it was a portable one, then they made Revengeance but that didn't count because it was a spinoff and then they just said gently caress it and made MGSV.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Half of their revenue still comes from "digital entertainment", though. From other reports they are just consolidating power at their central offices, they're not going to abandon MGS while there's still profit to be had.

Console gaming, sorry, they got a lot of mobile poo poo, heck their Winning Eleven mobile game did better for them than PES did.
My bet is them doubling down on mobile and their yakuza connections

Honest Thief fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Mar 19, 2015

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Last Contra game was 4 in 2007.

Hard Corps Uprising was 2011. I guess we're still due for another.

Maybe one day they'll revive Mopiranger and Antarctic Adventure.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Man, Contra 4 was good against all odds. WayForward are a real solid group.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
They aren't always great but yeah, when they're on they're pretty drat good.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I'm really regretting my intro to Paul Morrissey through Flesh for Frankenstein and Blood for Dracula. My boredom is soul-crushing.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

K. Waste posted:

I'm really regretting my intro to Paul Morrissey through Flesh for Frankenstein and Blood for Dracula. My boredom is soul-crushing.

I've only seen Blood for Dracula and I remember hating it except for the last 5 minutes which is the best payoff for sitting through that movie.

Also, "THE BLOOD OF THESE WHORES IS KEEELLING ME!!"

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

TrixRabbi posted:

I've only seen Blood for Dracula and I remember hating it except for the last 5 minutes which is the best payoff for sitting through that movie.

I adore the first scene of Blood for Dracula and just fuckin hate the rest.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

TrixRabbi posted:

I'll admit, while Udo Kier is under-utilized, I dig this Joe Dallesandro cat. His acting is much better in Blood than Flesh, but Blood also isn't nearly as funny as Flesh... or, weirdly, as erotic. (I don't think this Morrissey guy had a very high opinion of women.)

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

My wife has been watching Hart of Dixie on Netflix. Not a great show, but it has some of the best lighting and camera work I've seen lately on TV. A comedy show, no less. The DP gets first credit at the end of each episode.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Just saw Irreversible for the first time. Welp that's my night ruined. :smith:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

HBO Go doesn't have the Larry Sanders Show this is BULLSHIT

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This kickstarter I like is looking like it'll just barely make its goal and it's really hard to not just spam up the entire SA forums with links to it.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I think it'd be really cool if Better Call Saul at some point just went "gently caress it" and decided it wasn't beholden to the Basking Bad universe.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

No Tales From The Crypt either
http://www.avclub.com/article/its-not-tvand-its-not-available-on-hbo-go-27-plus--97744

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hat Thoughts posted:

the Basking Bad universe.

Actually, that might be interesting.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

penismightier posted:

I adore the first scene of Blood for Dracula and just fuckin hate the rest.

I don't even remember the first scene. Udo Kier is great in it but he's just barely there at all.

Is Flesh for Frankenstein any better? I have a copy of it but I was so bored by Blood for Dracula that I never bothered.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hat Thoughts posted:

I think it'd be really cool if Better Call Saul at some point just went "gently caress it" and decided it wasn't beholden to the Basking Bad universe.

They can just do a time jump when they get tired of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

The first three seasons are up on Crackle at least.

• Locked thread