Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Moxley Get the Next Title Match?
This poll is closed.
Yes! 17 16.50%
No 14 13.59%
No, but he will challenge at the next PPV 72 69.90%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I envision the beginnings of a Omega/Page program starting tonight. Both of them need something to do and Sabian and Spears both need a win, so I can see them getting one thanks to some miscommunication on the face side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I honestly don’t mind Luchasaurus’s “deliberate” offense, but putting him with Hager isn’t doing anyone any favors.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I will defend Luchasaurus to the death but lets hug it out after we argue and/or fight to the death

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I will defend Luchasaurus to the death but lets hug it out after we argue and/or fight to the death

after that i will kick you in the balls

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I'm just gonna warn you now, between his crummy offense and his whole oppressed dinosaur gimmick, he's gonna cross the Always Bad line in this forum sooner rather than later.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
good gimmick

alien lady who is a good wrestler

bad gimmick

dork who thinks he is a dinosaur

hope that hepls!

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Drew McIntyre posted:

where is Jamie Hayter

Japan, by all appearances.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I will grant that Luchasaurus is slow, but his offense is unique and cool so he gets a pass. I'd rather he be that than a dickhead like Low Ki whose kicks look real because they are real.

But yeah, matching him up with Hager is going to be a lovely match no matter what.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Drew McIntyre posted:

where is Jamie Hayter

every day I ask myself this

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Memnaelar posted:

Japan, by all appearances.

that's bullshit, then. i hate japan now

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I like Kenny O. a lot but man, his matches are *just* this side of breaking kayfabe. There's so much weird, overdramatic goofy posing that, on the one hand, is part of why I like Kenny but, on the other, just assaults what suspension of disbelief I'm able to maintain while watching wrestling. It's just slightly *too* much ham, even though he's awesome.

I dunno; it obviously got him where it's gotten him, but I wish he'd chill just an iota as it'd just make him more credible next to the Moxleys of the world.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1204911555403538432

let's party

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Memnaelar posted:

I like Kenny O. a lot but man, his matches are *just* this side of breaking kayfabe. There's so much weird, overdramatic goofy posing that, on the one hand, is part of why I like Kenny but, on the other, just assaults what suspension of disbelief I'm able to maintain while watching wrestling. It's just slightly *too* much ham, even though he's awesome.

I dunno; it obviously got him where it's gotten him, but I wish he'd chill just an iota as it'd just make him more credible next to the Moxleys of the world.

His character is that he's a giant overdramatic preening dork who wants to be just like one of his Japanese animes

Because his character is who he is in real life.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Happy birthday

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I just realized who took the "Join The Dark Order" ticket in this week's BTE: Rick Knox.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I honestly don’t mind Luchasaurus’s “deliberate” offense, but putting him with Hager isn’t doing anyone any favors.

I don't mind it ether, but like the whole "oppressed minority" thing I totally get why it rubs people the wrong way and know its gonna turn everyone on him real soon. He got over with the same crowd doing the same moves in tag matches because Jungle Boy and others moving around quickly help make the methodical approach of his moves fit better. I think he should stay in the tag work at least for now. And probably stop with the silly dad jokes about Dino Lives Mattering.

And yeah, a Hager match will be terrible. But they're also teasing a Hager/Dustin Rhodes match and I'm not all that convinced Hager is ever going to wrestle. AEW storytelling isn't quite as linear as we're used to. So I hope that matchup of dinosaurs never happens.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The "oppressed dinosaur" stuff was ok once or twice but it's starting to get pretty cringey and would be REALLY bad against Jake Hater

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Luchasaurus looked like he was moving better on Dark, his kicks were quicker for sure.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Last week Jake Hager looked like he was going to a bowling league after Dynamite.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Luchaporous

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

This forum didn't really turn on Luchasaurus's ring work until they turned on his gimmick, so yeah, he'll be Always Bad in a week or so

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Saucer Crab posted:

Luchasaurus looked like he was moving better on Dark, his kicks were quicker for sure.

He's also recovering from injury and I think was moving a little slower when he first came back 2 weeks ago or whatever. But he's always been very methodical with the moves. Its just that the pre-Dynamite stuff where he got over he was always in those wild multiway tag matches where it was bodies flying everywhere and then him doing his big guy lucha stuff out of nowhere and wowing everyone.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Luchavauro

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

This forum didn't really turn on Luchasaurus's ring work until they turned on his gimmick, so yeah, he'll be Always Bad in a week or so

I mean, the simmering "uh, Luchasarus might be bad in the ring" was there from the jump, it's just that he had a good gimmick going that he tweaked with his History Degree (Master's) brain into something that hits this community badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

this community

this community that I LOVE