Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
all im seeing is that
spork hasnt been counterclaimed
has results
did a case with math to figure out who is the drainer

i dont see why people want to waste time poking at them when there are so many other targets to look at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
'Has results' is one way to put it

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
is anyone else sharing anything with the class? i dont see the point of complaining that someone isnt sharing 100% of everything when no one had done anything (and yes I know this includes me)

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

Somberbrero posted:

'Has results' is one way to put it

No one visited Zoya N1.
Someone nice visited Zoya N2.
No one visited TMor N3.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tired Moritz posted:

is anyone else sharing anything with the class? i dont see the point of complaining that someone isnt sharing 100% of everything when no one had done anything (and yes I know this includes me)

The one kinda sorta result hardly seems definitive though, and when they're on a shortlist for potential drainers they're under greater scrutiny. the decision to watch you last night might make sense to you but the rest of us are scratching our heads. With the duel on top as a shortsighted, suboptimal play, yeah I don't trust spork.

Scum could have a watcher too, they had a doctor.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
yo, is anyone gonna hammer fancy?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Moritz: "Is anyone gonna claim? I'm not claiming btw."
Moritz: "Is anyone gonna share results? I'm not sharing btw."
Moritz: "Is anyone gonna hammer? I'm not hammering btw."

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Somberbrero posted:

The one kinda sorta result hardly seems definitive though, and when they're on a shortlist for potential drainers they're under greater scrutiny. the decision to watch you last night might make sense to you but the rest of us are scratching our heads. With the duel on top as a shortsighted, suboptimal play, yeah I don't trust spork.

Scum could have a watcher too, they had a doctor.

the only kolat flip doesnt even mention a night kill. if we are actually fire/icing, then why havent we gotten more than one NK

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

wologar posted:

Moritz: "Is anyone gonna claim? I'm not claiming btw."
Moritz: "Is anyone gonna share results? I'm not sharing btw."
Moritz: "Is anyone gonna hammer? I'm not hammering btw."

I can hammer. Im asking because I can focus and not get distracted by music

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
If Fancy is a bomb, you know Moritz is teamed.

##vote Fancy

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: "For twelve years you have been asking, who is AFancyQuestionMark? This is--" gunshots

Votecount for Day 4

AFancyQuestionMark (6): Zoya, wologar, wologar, Zoya, Deadmeat5150, Zoya, Somberbrero, wologar, mycelia, wologar, Rhymes With Clue, wologar
Somberbrero (3): Snooze Cruise, AFancyQuestionMark, Anonymous
Snooze Cruise (1): Zoya, Zoya, wologar, wologar, Rhymes With Clue, Rhymes With Clue, Tired Moritz
Rhymes With Clue (1): SporkChan, Zoya, Zoya
SporkChan (0): Rhymes With Clue, wologar, wologar, Rhymes With Clue
Tired Moritz (0): wologar, wologar
Deadmeat5150 (0): Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz

Not Voting (0):

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 26th, 2023 at 9 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 7 minutes.

Record of Dishonor:

- Somberbrero (x2)
- Snooze Cruise (x1)

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Something didn't add up, that was for sure. And one of them stuck out like a sore thumb.

AFancyQuestionMark a.k.a. Yoritomo Kinroji, EMPIRE-Aligned Mantis Clan Samurai was exiled from the court.

quote:

The finest archers in Rokugan come from the Islands of Spice and Silk, your clan’s domain (though the Crane clan may disagree). Your retinue of marksmen are always by your side, ready to protect you should it become necessary. Your clan has yet to gain the recognition that it deserves, still being considered a minor clan, but your fearless leader Yoritomo is determined to see your clan brought to glory.

Starting Ki Pool: 4

As a night action, you may set up an ##ambush. A random player who visits you tonight will be killed, though their action will still resolve as normal. You may not use this ability two nights in a row.

On nights when you have not directed your retinue to ambush any visitors, they instead protect you from the first time you would die as a result of a night action.

Once your ambush or protection successfully trigger (you will be informed when this happens), neither ability can be used again.

Night 4 begins now. The next day will dawn at most 24 hours from now.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
There is violence in the air tonight. These past few days have been rough, with a lot of innocents exiled - but nothing compares to the bloody night that follows.

wologar a.k.a. ???, ???-Aligned ??? has vanished without a trace!

mycelia a.k.a. Isawa Gozen, SHADOWLANDS-Aligned Phoenix Clan Shugenja has died!

quote:

Outwardly, you are a proud member of the Phoenix clan body of shugenja, fighting in the service of the emperor. Secretly, you are a long-time practitioner of maho, forbidden blood magic, and your true allegiance lies with the ninth kami, the lost god Fu Leng, who even now seeks to escape his imprisonment.

Starting Ki Pool: 10

As a night action, you may ##scry, learning several details about a random living player not of your faction. Specifically, you learn their flavor name and title, their starting ki pool, and a list of all abilities in their PM, including full descriptions. You do not, however, learn which player that actually is. This ability does not count as a visit.

When you perform the factional night kill, you may spend a favor of Jigoku to ##disintegrate the target, making the kill unstoppable and janitoring details such as alignment or role from their flip. You may not use this ability two nights in a row.

Somberbrero a.k.a. Togashi Jinrai, SHADOWLANDS-Aligned Dragon Clan Monk has died!

quote:

Enlightenment is a hard, difficult path, one you strayed from long ago seeking easier power. You found it in the embrace of Fu Leng, and the marvellous power that courses through your veins now is far greater than anything the Tao of Shinsei could possibly have ever offered. It has left your natural ki withered, but as long as you have a steady supply of victims with whose life force to sustain yourself, you are unstoppable.

Starting Ki Pool: 4

As a night action, you may ##drain a player, removing up to 4 points from their ki pool and replenishing your own ki or that of one of your teammates with the amount stolen (up to the recipient’s innate maximum).

When you perform the factional night kill, you may spend a favor of Jigoku to ##bloodstrike the the target, turning their life force into a source of protection for yourself. Your target will be blocked from taking any actions tonight and you will gain one shot of protection from killing actions or death as a result of a duel that lasts until the beginning of the next night. You may not use this ability two nights in a row.

Day 5 begins now.

Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (6): Deadmeat5150, Rhymes With Clue, Snooze Cruise, SporkChan, Tired Moritz, Zoya

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 29th, 2023 at 9 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 2 days, 11 hours.

Record of Dishonor:

- Snooze Cruise (x1)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
see i knew killing somber was the right choice, even when i am being lazy i have the sight B)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Okay, so we found the janitor and the drainer.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
3 shadows, 1 koala and 1 3p

Mmm, how many threats to town are there in this game

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Based on mycelia's abilities, we might need to see if sombre or pmom has ever tmi'd at some point

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

What, even happened last night?

So Shadowlands could janitor flips. They killed Plastic N2 and wolo N4.

Somehow something killed mycelia and somber. Could be Kolat had/has a poison and a regular kill? Still missing a few kills if that's the case.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Also, Somber must have been laughing so hard (obs too) at Rhymes and I both determining the drain player was each other and each having our own reason to believe it wasn't somber.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
##vote deadmeat
?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
##vote TM

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

##vote deadmeat
?

Any particular reason?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm town
Spork uncc'd watcher and roleblocked n4
Snooze claimed to shoot sombrebro

Hard gap

Zoya pushed pmom and a kolat
Rhymes tbh I didn't read them
Deadmeat blew up a townie and haven't done much since

Mycelia janitored zoya
Sombre exploded by snooze
Missing mycelia killer

No one claimed to be drained by sombre yet

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

I won't lie, the triple death last night has really thrown me off.

My basic thought right now is that this was a fire/ice game. Each team had 3 members. 2 would have been possible, but one team has flipped 3 members. 4 on each team would be unbalanced.
We have seen 3 shadowlands players flip, so they're out.
We have seen only 1 Kolat player flip, but have also had two janitor'd flips, and those came from shadowlands. So it's possible one of Plastic or wolo were Kolat players.

Right now I think we are looking for at least 1, at most 2, Kolat players.

I think Kolat had access to both a factional NK and a poison. It's the only thing that explains to me the triple kill last night. Either there are restrictions on those, or there are some protective roles around which have gotten lucky. We've seen a number of flips with self-protections, so it's possible.

Alive Players:

Deadmeat
Rhymes
Snooze
Spork
TMor
Zoya

I've had a solid town read on TMor, and a less solid one on Zoya for a while now. But I'm re-evaluating at this point and need to give everyone a look over. I mostly want to see if anyone is linked with Circl, the only known Kolat flip.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm town
Spork uncc'd watcher and roleblocked n4
Snooze claimed to shoot sombrebro

Hard gap

Zoya pushed pmom and a kolat
Rhymes tbh I didn't read them
Deadmeat blew up a townie and haven't done much since

Mycelia janitored zoya
Sombre exploded by snooze
Missing mycelia killer

No one claimed to be drained by sombre yet

I don't think Snooze claimed to shoot Somber, so much as she was trying to vote Somber off.
But maybe I read that wrong.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Then snooze should clarify

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

i've got something weird to report

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

somber did not visit anyone last night

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

i dunno how that tracks with him being the janitor and wolo getting janitor'd, but, there it is

(my actual role is tracker i've just been duel-RB'd almost every day til now)

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

oh nevermind mycelia was the janitor i'm not fully awake yet carry on

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

*taps mic* hello is this thing on

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

ok mics working

*ahem*

ALRIGHT WHICH ONE OF YOU SORRY SCUMBO FUCKS KILLED MY CRAB CLAN BROTHER WOLOGAR???? WHO DID IT???? OH MYCELIA DID IT??? WELL ISN'T THAT loving CONVENIENT CUZ SHE'S ALREADY DEAD!!!!!! I WILL RAIN BEATSTICK HELL DOWN UPON YOU ALL TO AVENGE MY CLAN, JUST YOU WAIT!!!!!!!

i'm hoping wolo was a bomb of some kind who blew up these shadowlands creeps... i will avenge you, brother, I SWEAR IT ON MY SPIKY CARAPACE

TMOR! SPEAK FOR YOURSELF! SPEAK FOR YOUR HONOR! WHO DO YOU FIGHT FOR? WHAT DO YOU DO? ARE YOU... A KOALA?!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Nah I'm an empire-aligned phoenix clan member

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

with 6 people alive and, i hope, only 1 scumbo left, the time for open claiming is today imo

i'm happy to wait until later in the day but i will be pressuring every one of you for a full role claim today!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Doc

N1 I got roleblocked, did nothing
N2 I protect Zoya
N3 I protect Spork
N4 I protect self

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Tired Moritz posted:

Doc

N2 I protect Zoya
N3 I protect Spork
N4 I protect self

:haibrow: *makes note for later analysis*

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Doc

N2 I protect Zoya
N3 I protect Spork
N4 I protect self

Confirming I did watch TMor visit Zoya on N2.

I was pretty sure TMor was either a doc or a cop, so didn't want to out him. But I thought scum might have caught on, which is why I watched on N3.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Zoya posted:

somber did not visit anyone last night

That's not weird, Somber lost a duel.
I've fullclaimed btw but to reiterate, I have no night action, I'm only just good at dueling because I can see what opponents bid and outbid them.

##vote Deadmeat

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Rhymes With Clue posted:

That's not weird, Somber lost a duel.
I've fullclaimed btw but to reiterate, I have no night action, I'm only just good at dueling because I can see what opponents bid and outbid them.

##vote Deadmeat

i thought it was weird cuz i misread the flips and thought somber was the janitor, and wolo got janitored, but somber did nothing

but yes it wasn't weird i just misread

forgot about duel RBs tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

also you're still a little suspicious but that suspicion has notched down a couple of pegs since i think the most damning case on you was math that made it likely you're the drainer... and we now know somber was the drainer

i need to reread the entire thread and take notes i think but i bet we can solve this today with full open claims