Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Venom posted:

Speaking of Archwing's, what ever happened to the Archwing revamp?
I'm probably the only person whos really stoked about the concept of new modular archwings and DE haven't mentioned it in quite a while, so i assume it got shelved to see how the other big Railjack overhauls and additions work out.

For context, it mostly came up during a time where you did most of the fighter combat in railjack from your Archwings, but after railjack damage output and abilities became much more viable and dominant AWs weren't in as dire need of "fixing" as much. A basic Amesha's 1 will get you from railjack to most objectives safely and for return trips you can just use the repair tool teleport.

I still want it tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Yeah, but having to do full loadouts for all all combinations of frame vs weapon elementals is what makes per faction damage types effectively unusable other than for some fringe cases. Making it possible to swap weapon loadouts from that screen would make it more flexible.

Likewise operator loadouts, but that's even more unlikely to happen.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Railjack AW is so different that regular AW. Its jarring that I can't murder RJ fighters. DE is moving in the right direction with corpus enemies leaving big projectiles, creating a more interesting space in flight. Reducing the number of fighters after nerfing tether is nice too. They really need more interesting objectives. The corpus ships are interesting but blowing up fighters/crewships is the basics that was covered in RJ 1.0. AW need to function like RJ imo. Its so boring using warframe type abilities in AW that don't help outside of watchful swarm. Rockets would be a huge boon.

v1ld posted:

Yeah, but having to do full loadouts for all all combinations of frame vs weapon elementals is what makes per faction damage types effectively unusable other than for some fringe cases. Making it possible to swap weapon loadouts from that screen would make it more flexible.

Likewise operator loadouts, but that's even more unlikely to happen.
The problem is that the loadout screen shows warframes, so another interface would be needed to show weapons. Then some way to show those loadouts.

Loadout
->Warframes
---->Weapons
-------->Weapon loadouts

Its a good idea but tricky when you could use the arsenal.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

I might actually do that if only the UI wasn't so slow and cluttered and responds to the slightest mouse input by animating the field of view.

I feel like there should be a part in the op dedicated to options in the option menu that aren't default, or if you're returning after a hiatus, are good to check..

Item labels is one.
"auto focus search box" or whatever is another to stop typing in the mission results search when you're talking in clan/squad
Turning off diagetic UI would solve your problem though. DE was so proud of that and it got turned off by so many people day1.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Venom posted:

Speaking of Archwing's, what ever happened to the Archwing revamp?
I don't think Archwing can really exist at the same time as RJ without one of 'em invalidating the other which is probably part of the reason why it's in such a dire state right now.

If Archwing was too strong then people would just use RJ as a taxi and take everything out themselves. Right now it's the opposite where RJ is better for taking everything out, making AW just a way of getting to on-foot missions.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

That's not really true about RJ and AW. The RJ doesn't need to do anything but stay alive. RJ missions are effectively defense missions. The problem is there aren't enough space objectives, so the RJ can do it all.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I think it's dumb how many the new corpus railjack missions just become regular missions in the end, with your ship just becoming literally invulnerable and Lotus coming back for some reason?? It just doesn't make sense and feels really tacked-on.

If I wanted to do a regular mission on a corpus ship I could just... do that instead without having to go through the trouble of all the railjack stuff beforehand.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
I was pretty surprised when Cy was just like "lol I'm done, lotus is gonna take over! Peace!"

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Mercury_Storm posted:

If I wanted to do a regular mission on a corpus ship I could just... do that instead without having to go through the trouble of all the railjack stuff beforehand.

People complain that DE makes all these side modes and then never integrates them but look what happens when they do. So far all I've read has been that everything got nerfed, you can collect pokecrew but they don't do the two non-pilot useful things on the ship, missions are longer and always have ground poo poo, and some/all of the gear meta has reset so time to regrind parts. The only good thing I've heard is that you finally won't have the pubstove firing tethers... which would matter if they hadn't been nerfed.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mercury_Storm posted:

I think it's dumb how many the new corpus railjack missions just become regular missions in the end, with your ship just becoming literally invulnerable and Lotus coming back for some reason?? It just doesn't make sense and feels really tacked-on.

hi, sorry, they did that for me

I just started RJ because now I can solo but I also needed something to spice up the farming :shobon:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
New Tether is fine and once they sort out the mission stability I think new Railjack might be my favorite mode. I've been having a ton of fun running exterms and such. I'd love a Railjack capture mission where you fight a mid-size ship and board it, sort of like the Pursuit node. Defenses can gently caress right off, though, but that's a problem with the corpus ship tileset, not Railjack.

Also, don't sleep on the Talyns, I think they're hitscan and are really drat good. The Zekti ones generate insane amounts of heat, though, so the Vidars might be better for sustained fire.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Mar 23, 2021

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
They're gonna read this feadback and then make all missions where you infiltrate a ship into railjack missions now

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

temple posted:

That's not really true about RJ and AW. The RJ doesn't need to do anything but stay alive. RJ missions are effectively defense missions. The problem is there aren't enough space objectives, so the RJ can do it all.

Yeah, as things stand, I usually just get out and blink to the objectives when I pub.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Mercury_Storm posted:

They're gonna read this feadback and then make all missions where you infiltrate a ship into railjack missions now

You joke but this is actually a design goal.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Helter Skelter posted:

You joke but this is actually a design goal.

GOD DAMMIT

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Echophonic posted:

New Tether is fine

Yeah, after the initial shock of "why no boom" occurred, I found that you can still shoot the tethered ships and when they explode, they cause splash damage to anything near them. Certainly it takes a bit more effort and precision, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as getting rid of the easy "everything dies" bit entirely.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

So is Void Hole the "new" meme RJ spell then?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think doing railjack as preamble to a normal mission (excluding the godawful corpus defense tile) is a fine way to incorporate it, but it's kind of clunky with having multiple teammates who need to get to the door to start the second half. Railjack also kind of has the problem where drop in is nice, but you kinda feel an obligation to run multiple missions in a row rather than drop in and out, hence people end up soloing more thanks to crew, but maybe that's just me.

It's also kinda funny that they went too far in the other direction from the complaint that railjack was only skirmish missions, and now corpus don't have any.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

smallmouth posted:

So is Void Hole the "new" meme RJ spell then?

I actually shelved Void Hole in favor of Seeker Missles. I've been running Blackout Pulse, Tether, and Seeker and it works pretty well. Especially with a broken-rear end frame like Lavos or Hildryn.

I prefer the Zekti Reactor stat spread (STR/RNG), but Lavan's shield boost with the plating is hard to discount and Duration's always nice.

I need to find a good mission type to farm crewships, I want a Vidar Talyn. Actually, with all the changes, it looks like Zekti guns are better burst, but worst sustained to oveheat than Vidar. I'm not sure what that means in terms of what's better for general use.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 23, 2021

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This was the goal from day one but they didn't have the money/technology to make it happen.

WF was supposed to be a game where you and your crew of space pirates cruise around the system looking for mutants and capitalists to pulverize and steal their loot.
Or you could take the sneaky route, stealth your ship like the Millennium Falcon attached to a Imperial cruiser and pilfer their vaults with them being none-the-wiser.

If they are pivoting more and more to that original design, I will be extremely happy. Fast-paced Sea of Thieves in space with space magic and space guns sounds amazing.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I wouldn't want every mission to be Railjack or Archwing or Assualt or Open World, but I'm glad all those options exist.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Echophonic posted:

I wouldn't want every mission to be Railjack or Archwing or Assualt or Open World, but I'm glad all those options exist.

Yeah, I kinda like the hodgepodge. They could do a better way of like, explaining literally any of it, but by and large if you don't like something you can just not do it. The second I'm done with the archwing required dumb poo poo on the star map is the second my archwing becomes a dedicated taxi from the RJ to the ground assault. I love RJ and hate archwing and I have no idea why (I mean, aside from archwing sucking - just like, the whole thing).

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Inzombiac posted:

If they are pivoting more and more to that original design, I will be extremely happy. Fast-paced Sea of Thieves in space with space magic and space guns sounds amazing.

It does! But that's not Railjack. Railjack is a dull, irritating grind that's a rehash if standard missions, only now you have to babysit a buggy, clumsy-handling spaceship with useless guns.

Now some folks are into CBT, and that's all right, but I'd rather not have it integrated into my daily routine. Likewise, I'd rather not be forced to do Railjack for regular missions. Keep it on its own little content island so it can be forgotten alongside Lunaro.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Mercury_Storm posted:

I would like a corpusjack version of spy, survival or capture. Hell, throw in a crossfire or jackal assassination in there, why not.

They should delete corpusjack defense, or at least make it use literally any other defense tile than the worst corpusship one.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 23, 2021

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Railjack spy would be kind of weird I feel, due to the ship that has been blowing their stuff up and is now parked at the front door making it kind of obvious that you're there.

Railjack/archwing disruption could be fun though, as a pure railjack mission or a split one with like one or two people going into a station to activate the conduits and the outside people shooting down demolists or something.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 23, 2021

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hey now, at least RJ doesn't force you in to DEF on Neptune

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Inzombiac posted:

Hey now, at least RJ doesn't force you in to DEF on Neptune
New ship tile is still worse than that.

chumbler posted:

Railjack spy would be kind of weird I feel, due to the ship that has been blowing their stuff up and is now parked at the front door making it kind of obvious that you're there.
As opposed to regular spy missions, where a monkey and his clone slaughter their way through hundreds of guards and blaring alerts, and then a cloud flies through the spy vault, 3/3 clears without detection :v:

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

It would be kind of neat if there was some mission type that allowed sneaking around for one set of rewards but would turn in to a more normal firefight mission when you got discovered for a different set of rewards. I only think about reward tables because something like this could involve several different steps along the way of the mission instead of optional > crewships > ground mission. But, immediately, this sounds like hell to queue for and execute so maybe not. We've had tons of discussions about how the game really isn't built for it's bits of metal gear inspirations anymore

Whatever, more variety more better. They'll tie it all together eventually in several years, which is a thing I also said several years ago.

Looking forward to tons of different modes being comparatively seamlessly integrated with each other with short and problem free loading screens and spaces some time around the PS 8 or 9 era.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

DelphiAegis posted:

I feel like there should be a part in the op dedicated to options in the option menu that aren't default, or if you're returning after a hiatus, are good to check..

Item labels is one.
"auto focus search box" or whatever is another to stop typing in the mission results search when you're talking in clan/squad
Turning off diagetic UI would solve your problem though. DE was so proud of that and it got turned off by so many people day1.

Holy gently caress that's a Thing? I had no idea. I must have started the game after that was implemented, and kept using it until I made MR30.

First thing I'm doing when I get home is turn that poo poo off.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
The best part about DE's UI was when they posted an article about all the great decisions they made to update the end-of-mission UI and got blasted hard for it. Then they waited months for the heat to die down before releasing it. It feels like this is the same brain trust who designed the railjack mod UI. Their whiteboards just have "solved by mouse hover" written next to literally every problem.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

As opposed to regular spy missions, where a monkey and his clone slaughter their way through hundreds of guards and blaring alerts, and then a cloud flies through the spy vault, 3/3 clears without detection :v:

It'll be that, but first you need to kill fifteen fighters and three crewships. :v:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Warframe and Monster Hunter share the same issue where there is an exquisite game that is nearly impossible to completely comprehend.

I've been playing this game since beta and I suspect there are elements I still don't understand.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Warframe is very much designed in a way that it's in no way necessary (or often not even helpful) to "completely" understand it.

There's a joke here about the designers not even fully understanding it ("wait, nobody uses Mesa 1?"), but that's been done to death already.

Mailer posted:

The best part about DE's UI was when they posted an article about all the great decisions they made to update the end-of-mission UI and got blasted hard for it.
To be fair i love the new end of mission screen showing off more team fashion over meaningless stats. I just wish they'd fix their boneheaded stuff (like search field autofocus or the "hide UI" eye button randomly disappearing) in a week instead of months and months. But that's more of a general dream not restricted to UI.

For example for the "dont autofocus search on mission end" a dev mentioned that they had an option to disable it in the dev build since like, january, but it only shipped to us now in 29.10 (The dev didnt even know it hadn't gone live). They should've just hotfixed that out in days.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

You shot the pipe early
It was at 50%
My UI is fine
I'm the host
Yes, I'm the pipe police
You're under arrest

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

RoadCrewWorker posted:

To be fair i love the new end of mission screen showing off more team fashion over meaningless stats.

Except it's too dark to see the fashion properly. The lighting on that screen sucks.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Last Railjack piece is cooking, any starting tips for that mode? On console.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Dev Stream Friday 2PM EST. Drop is rush repair drone. Talking about date for call of tempestarii, anniversary plans.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

KDdidit posted:

Ideally, find someone who can carry you though H-2 Cloud (which is also just a very good grind spot in general now) in the veil a few times so you can get started building some Mk III gear for your own railjack and kickstart your intrinsics. If your clan is on the ball you should also be able to supplement any gaps with Sigma gear from the dojo. Aside from that, treat it as as an alternate starchart and take your time with it.

And speaking of intrinsics, you'll eventually want to get one of them (probably Crew) to rank 7 to unlock the veil for yourself, but I'd suggest going to rank 4 across the board before focusing on that.

Zetki has the best guns and reactors.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Helter Skelter posted:

Ideally, find someone who can carry you though H-2 Cloud (which is also just a very good grind spot in general now) in the veil a few times so you can get started building some Mk III gear for your own railjack and kickstart your intrinsics. If your clan is on the ball you should also be able to supplement any gaps with Sigma gear from the dojo. Aside from that, treat it as as an alternate starchart and take your time with it.

And speaking of intrinsics, you'll eventually want to get one of them (probably Crew) to rank 7 to unlock the veil for yourself, but I'd suggest going to rank 4 across the board before focusing on that.

Zetki has the best guns and reactors.

Edit: Oh, the question was about console, my bad. Yeah, Zekti all day on console, but I'd start picking up some of the other stuff to be ready for the rework.

I'm not so sure about Zekti being best across the board anymore. Vidar weapons outperform Zekti pretty frequently on a per-shot basis and occasionally until overheat. The increased fire rate does make the Zektis feel nicer to use, though. I've been experimenting, but I'm not sure which I like better. Lavan weapons are all garbage.

Shields are a preference thing, I like Zekti because the minimal recharge delay is so nice, even if the pool is smaller. I am eyeballing doing a Vidar shield to try out the turret damage buff one of its perks offers.

I think Vidar is the pick for Engines. I noticed the feel improvement from Zekti immediately.

As for reactors, it's all about what you're running for battle avionics. Lavan reactors have a good stat spread for some battle avionics (Tether/Void Hole) and one of the MK3 perks gives you 25% more shields if you have Lavan plating. Lavan is the best for effective HP by a small margin. Zekti plating is the worst performing. If you're running Seeker Missles or want your Tether to blow stuff up real good, a Zekti reactor is definitely a viable pick, too.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Mar 24, 2021

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

KDdidit posted:

Helter Skelter posted:

If you’re on switch I can take you out for stuff (pnp17).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Echophonic posted:

Shields are a preference thing, I like Zekti because the minimal recharge delay is so nice, even if the pool is smaller. I am eyeballing doing a Vidar shield to try out the turret damage buff one of its perks offers.

I think Vidar is the pick for Engines. I noticed the feel improvement from Zekti immediately.

As for reactors, it's all about what you're running for battle avionics. Lavan reactors have a good stat spread for some battle avionics (Tether/Void Hole) and one of the MK3 perks gives you 25% more shields if you have Lavan plating. Lavan is the best for effective HP by a small margin. Zekti plating is the worst performing. If you're running Seeker Missles or want your Tether to blow stuff up real good, a Zekti reactor is definitely a viable pick, too.

Shields: I do like the faster recharge rate on Vidar, but you can kinda use whatever.

Engines: This was the case pre-update and remains so.

Reactor: For context, I run Blackout Pulse/Shatter Burst/Seeker Volley. I might switch Shatter Burst for Particle Ram, but that wouldn't really affect my reactor choice. Also Zetki has the fire/electrical hazard auto-repair extras.

Starting out though, getting any Mk III gear is going to be the main focus. You can worry about optimizing later.