Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He also got a royalty cheque for 34 cents....the postage would have been more expensive than the cheque

This happens quite a bit to actors, too. Nobody's figured out a more efficient way to distribute the tiny amounts of residuals that happen when like one person rents a film on Amazon digital.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Payroll companies probably deal with that anyway, right?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I don't know if it was ever released as a single, but I believe "Rap is Crap" actually got some impressive airplay on country stations.

Maxwell Lord posted:

This happens quite a bit to actors, too. Nobody's figured out a more efficient way to distribute the tiny amounts of residuals that happen when like one person rents a film on Amazon digital.
Their preferred way of dealing with it is giving net points, then cooking the books so that no movie ever technically turns a profit.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't know if it was ever released as a single, but I believe "Rap is Crap" actually got some impressive airplay on country stations.

Their preferred way of dealing with it is giving net points, then cooking the books so that no movie ever technically turns a profit.

It's a little harder to screw with residuals than it is movie profit figures. The union will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Aug 20, 2015

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Halloween Jack posted:

SAG scale requires at least some tiny percentage of gross residuals- the unions all caught on to that act.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Doc Morbid posted:

Just noticed "The Music of WCW" is on Spotify. Obviously none of the production tracks are on there, and for some reason they didn't include Disco Inferno's theme (Boogie Knights made it, though, along with two other Alex Wright themes!) but it does have Rap Is Crap, the Wolfpac theme and AMERICAN MALES AMERICAN MALES AMERICAN MALES AMERICAN MALES :byodood:

They tagged Lance Storm's theme as Natural Born Thrillers!! Ugh

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

oatgan posted:

Mr JL was Lynn's idea because he saw how big power rangers was

The totally uninspiring ring name was Kevin Sullivan's idea, though. Jerry had a bunch of different super-hero type names he had thought of, but there was concern about getting copyright, so Sullivan just said "Screw it, we'll just call you Mr JL".

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Maxwell Lord posted:

I have a friend who had some bit parts in movies when she was like 18 since she wanted pocket money and her family had studio connections. She still will occasionally get checks for like 12 cents for sales from the DVD of Bring It On.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Doc Morbid posted:

AMERICAN MALES AMERICAN MALES AMERICAN MALES AMERICAN MALES :byodood:

I can never tell if the best wrestling theme ever is this one, or rear end Man

It's definitely one of those two though

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

St Evan Echoes posted:

I can never tell if the best wrestling theme ever is this one, or rear end Man

It's definitely one of those two though

I like Buff Bagwell's theme a lot because of the girls who come in to sing the chorus, it gives it a certain je ne sais quois

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Buff Bagwell main evented Raw. I wonder if Vince even knew the wCw product at all or just picked the world champion and the dude with the hottest bod (no homo)

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

1st AD posted:

Buff Bagwell main evented Raw. I wonder if Vince even knew the wCw product at all or just picked the world champion and the dude with the hottest bod (no homo)

He named off some WCW guys on Raw and Buff got the biggest reaction.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

why is it always real estate

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

because real estate is a work

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

ayn rand hand job posted:

Because in real estate, standing out matters. Not to mention, you'd be a confident speaker, and good at promoting something. And there are people who'll buy anything promoted by a dude who was on TV.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
And in Tampa Bay too, just like Rick Steiner.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I want Bruce Buffer to get into real estate after UFC and for him to do the spin move when pointing out the granite countertops.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

sometimes it's car salesman

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

skaboomizzy posted:

And in Tampa Bay too, just like Rick Steiner.

Rick Steiner sells real estate and is a school board member in a suburb of Atlanta. In fact, he was kicked off of the ballot one year for putting his name down as Rick Steiner instead of Robert Rechsteiner.

Lone Goat posted:

sometimes it's car salesman

Or in Meng's case, car detailer :smith:

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Aug 22, 2015

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Meng's probably set for life and just doing it for relaxation? I dunno. He's such an intense dude, I'd think autodetailing would be oddly relaxing for him

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
It's either real estate or cars or bouncing or a podcast and never anything else.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Working for the MBTA

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Rick owns and is my third favourite Steiner

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

DynamiteKidd posted:

It's either real estate or cars or bouncing or a podcast and never anything else.

We've already forgotten about Gene Snitsky, creepy chicken pitchman I see.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
I just watched Fall Brawl 95 on the Network, and I noticed a guy holding a sign reading "Flair 3:16." Normally I would have thought nothing of it, but then I realized that Austin 3:16 was still a year away. This leaves me with three questions:

When did Flair write a gospel, what did it say, and how did only one shmuck at Fall Brawl 95 know about it?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

DynamiteKidd posted:

Keep in mind these are also jobs that don't require a college degree or any real skills beyond charisma.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Needs More Ditka posted:

I just watched Fall Brawl 95 on the Network, and I noticed a guy holding a sign reading "Flair 3:16." Normally I would have thought nothing of it, but then I realized that Austin 3:16 was still a year away. This leaves me with three questions:

When did Flair write a gospel, what did it say, and how did only one shmuck at Fall Brawl 95 know about it?

When WCW toured Melbourne I held a sign that said "Goldberg 3:16", and I thought I was soooo clever.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

How close was DDP to Eric, you ask? DDP was talking to Eric in 1994 about how he needed a push. Arn Anderson was there and said he'd never get over, you're too old and you can't work without a script. Bischoff exploded and never treated Arn Anderson the same way again. DDP also had effective control over his own segments since he could go over Sullivan's head to Bischoff when he wanted to do something.

source: the taskmaster, who I'm pretty sure took a poo poo during the podcast

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
How close was DDP to Eric, you ask? They swapped wives. So, pretty close.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

also that yes

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

because no education/experience other than passing a license exam is required, and the only pre-req for being a car salesman is "willing and able to lie to people"

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Don't forget high school social studies teacher.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

DDP also had effective control over his own segments since he could go over Sullivan's head to Bischoff when he wanted to do something.

With how short Sullivan is I'm sure most people could go over his head.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

Needs More Ditka posted:

If you're actually asking why there'd be a 3:16 sign,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollen_Stewart

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

C. Everett Koop posted:

With how short Sullivan is I'm sure most people could go over his head.

Nothing could go over Batista's head (because his reflexes are too fast), he would have made a great WCW booker/official.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Needs More Ditka posted:

Flair 3:16 says I just Whoooo'd your rear end!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I was watching Norm MacDonald host the ESPYs in 1998, and he talked about Ted Turner wanting to start his own football league.

I wonder if Vince did the XFL just to try and stick it to Ted a bit more.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

I was watching Norm MacDonald host the ESPYs in 1998, and he talked about Ted Turner wanting to start his own football league.

I wonder if Vince did the XFL just to try and stick it to Ted a bit more.

I remember that, and Norm's prophetic quip: not much is known about the new league except that it will suck.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I usually don't post spoilers but this was well known in advance, tonight at 8 PM on Tuesday Nitro Ric Flair returns.

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/BadMoviesWorseWrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

Perdido posted:

If you're actually asking why there'd be a 3:16 sign,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollen_Stewart

quote:

In the late 1980s, he began a string of stink bomb attacks. Targets included Robert Schuller's Crystal Cathedral, the Orange County Register, the Trinity Broadcasting Network, and a Christian bookstore.[4] The stated intent of an attempted attack at the American Music Awards was to show the public that "God thinks this stinks."[6]

:lol: