Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Some Australian interviewer got MTG biiiigly mad the other day:

quote:

Australian news anchor Sarah Ferguson cut short her interview with pro-Trump Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) after the lawmaker snapped and refused to answer whether she would “accept” a “win” by President Joe Biden in the upcoming presidential election.

The Georgia House Republican appeared on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation’s (ABC) current affairs show 7:30 to discuss Wikileaks founder Julian Assange’s recent release and return to Australia following his plea deal when she grew increasingly irritated at the host’s additional questions.

Throughout, Greene asked whether Ferguson was “a serious interviewer” as the the host repeatedly asked her about MAGA accepting the election result. The host claimed that the topic explored “dominant issues of truth in the American landscape” given that Greene has “lionised people in prison for their role in attacking the Capitol on January 6th including visiting them in prison.”

In the final minutes of the show, Ferguson asked about the election again: “If it doesn’t go your way, if Biden wins, will you accept the result?”

Greene snapped back and would not answer: “Again, what does this have to do with Julian Assange? That’s what we’re supposed to be talking about.”

Looking off-camera Greene escalated by interrogating the journalist’s motives: “What network is that? What is this? ABC in Australia? Is she getting her marching orders from the Democrat Party? Is this what you decided to come up with today?”

Despite the lawmaker’s deflections, Ferguson pressed on: “You’re a prominent figure in U.S. politics. The first debate is tomorrow. The result of the election is on the minds not just of Americans, but of the whole world. So it’s a natural point of curiosity.”

She added: “But I understand that we’ve reached the end of the questions that you want to answer. Thank you for talking to us about Julian Assange and for joining the program.”

Greene, clearly irritated, thanked the host and pulled off her mic.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/australian-anchor-cuts-interview-as-mtg-fumes-when-asked-if-shed-accept-biden-election-win/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I'm getting really tired of how long it's taking for Large Marge to snap and commit felony assault

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

steinrokkan posted:

SCOTUS ruling: Donald Trump is the forever debat winner who uses the best words

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

living in asia Im guessing debate gonna be happening morning time, drat kindof scared to peep in here during, but have a sick urge

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I should know this, but don't: Are all these Supreme Court decisions already done, and they are just announcing the results? Or are they actively working on them and then they come out with their decisions?

I ask because have they likely already settled the immunity case, and just haven't revealed their decision?

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022

MrQwerty posted:

I'm getting really tired of how long it's taking for Large Marge to snap and commit felony assault

she's on a carefully-balanced regimen of 'roids and ketamine to keep the rage up, but not go over the top

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Drunk Nerds posted:

Im sorry for your experience but not surprised to hear that JDV is bad in bed

Ah poo poo I didn't notice it autocorrected. "Toady"

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
What's the over-under on polls after the debate? Will we get them on Friday, or is that Passover?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

redshirt posted:

I should know this, but don't: Are all these Supreme Court decisions already done, and they are just announcing the results? Or are they actively working on them and then they come out with their decisions?

I ask because have they likely already settled the immunity case, and just haven't revealed their decision?

I took would like to know the answer to this.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

redshirt posted:

Seth can answer better but I think there is a lot of negotiation and haggling on the big decisions, so they could still be working on it.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

When I woke up today I thought about the B52's "Strobe Light"

Cause tonight's the night
We make love under a strobe light

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

redshirt posted:

Technically the decision isn't final until it's announced; and while the Court is very secretive about how its internal processes work, it's been reported that sometimes negotiations on what exactly goes into an opinion are done right up until the last minute; and that's the reason why the "big" cases are usually among the last ones announced.

But at this point it's probably fair to assume the broad strokes of every case are pretty well set, and any negotiating on the remaining cases would be over specific wording in the opinions.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kazil posted:

Seth can answer better but I think there is a lot of negotiation and haggling on the big decisions, so they could still be working on it.

Mite be a few OTAs to put on the menu

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
Wasn’t sentencing supposed to happen around now?

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Nodelphi posted:

July 11th, right before the GOP convention.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Nodelphi posted:

I believe some paperwork needs to be submitted by today but sentencing is still two weeks away

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

haljordan posted:

Didn't Trump try to show Kid Rock some classified documents and even Kid Rock said "Yeah, this is hosed up"?

Yeah I remember something like this happening.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Yes that happened

Basically exactly as described

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

kazil posted:

Queuing up a permaban for every joke answer that doesn't come true. Have fun!

... now when you say "joke answer"...

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Scrotus dropping today

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Olanphonia posted:

Ah poo poo I didn't notice it autocorrected. "Toady"

We all assumed you meant toady, it's fine.

Also my local farmers market had a RFK booth. It was visited by a trickle of people in the 3 hours we were there.

In Washington. Where Biden won 2020 by 19.2 points.

This is either money laundering or severe delusion.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

haljordan posted:

Didn't Trump try to show Kid Rock some classified documents and even Kid Rock said "Yeah, this is hosed up"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j76THcaW_pE

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

We all assumed you meant toady, it's fine.

Also my local farmers market had a RFK booth. It was visited by a trickle of people in the 3 hours we were there.

In Washington. Where Biden won 2020 by 19.2 points.

This is either money laundering or severe delusion.

It's entirely a vanity run.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

MrQwerty posted:

Clearly you didn’t pay close enough attention to pipe bomber at large Marge

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Well, it's really unlikely Trump runs away at this point. If he was going to do it, he wouldn't do it last second.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

Well, it's really unlikely Trump runs away at this point. If he was going to do it, he wouldn't do it last second.

Yes Trump is famous for his long term strategic thinking.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Alan Smithee posted:

Clearly you didn’t pay close enough attention to pipe bomber at large Marge

Alleged pipebomber :trumpsmug:

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

Trump didn't run away. He forgot the debate was scheduled tonight and he had to go take another dementia test. Which he aced.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Infinitum posted:

*Biden slams Trump with a steel chair live on stage*

no that was bernie and I'm still very sad it did not happen please do not tease me like this

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

redshirt posted:

It's entirely a vanity run.

I heard a magic mirror told him, if he ran, he would be the fairest of them all.

...this is why serious candidates do not hire mirrors to be their campaign manager.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Renreeja posted:

living in asia Im guessing debate gonna be happening morning time, drat kindof scared to peep in here during, but have a sick urge

I'll be here with a big loving bowl of popcorn and an absurdly-sized soda. Trump will either be sedated to the point of drooling or shrieking in an Adderall-induced rage, and I'll be damned if I miss either.

I was full-doomer before, but I took the thread's advice to just LOL and I haven't even lived in the States for 16 years so gently caress it. :lol:

Never been happier.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1806303402348912874

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Has there even been a single minute of coverage that dares to suggest Trump might perform well tonight, or is it all just BIDEN WILL BE HOPPED UP ON GOOFBALLS?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

funeral home DJ posted:

SCOTUS rulings: no results for Idaho and for immunity today. Those two are going to piss a whole lot of people off for various reasons and I’m thinking they’re folding out a special Friday delivery for them so they can duck out of town before the heat comes for them.

This makes no sense because they're in session next week. The opinions aren't done

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

The Bible posted:

I'll be here with a big loving bowl of popcorn and an absurdly-sized soda. Trump will either be sedated to the point of drooling or shrieking in an Adderall-induced rage, and I'll be damned if I miss either.

I was full-doomer before, but I took the thread's advice to just LOL and I haven't even lived in the States for 16 years so gently caress it. :lol:

Never been happier.

Trump IS the poo poo Show.

It’s gonna be great!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

idk nancy how much adderall and niacin did you take this morning

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Barudak posted:

The christian belief that all you need is to accept god to be saved is incredibly destructive. For more, check out the Gary Busey film "Quigley".

I'm fairly certain that's a Protestant thing. IIRC Catholics still require "good works".

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Joe Biden is unfairly preparing for the debate by getting a good night's sleep, a hearty breakfast, and a light workout. We are also attempting to confirm rumors that he is hydrating and reading some briefing material.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

slamming a quadruple dose of pre-workout and my medicine that is totally not speed to go on tv and bitch about joe biden being on speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Doctor Butts posted:

I'm fairly certain that that's a Protestant thing. IIRC Catholics still require "good works".

Depends on the denomination. Iirc the "method" of methodists is doing good works and that helping your neighbor IS mission work