Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

St Evan Echoes posted:

At the weekend I got my flights booked for vacation in Japanand I’m there until 11th June, 2 days after Dominion :D man I’m stoked to see that show in person

Lucky bastard, have a blast :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

...swole vampire... :smith:

Edit: Rocky finally joined Kelly on commentary, thankfully.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Feb 5, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's still going right now, but if you missed the show, at the very least watch the main event because it's fun as hell.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

It's still going right now, but if you missed the show, at the very least watch the main event because it's fun as hell.

How was the Switchblade vs Finlay match?

I'm still at work :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

extradite THIS! posted:

How was the Switchblade vs Finlay match?

The crowd was into it (eventually) but I have to say it didn't feel much different to their Young Lions matches.

The most interesting thing to me was that Switchblade's attitude is still very much that of a heel, and Rocky on commentary felt like he was trying to back Switchblade as best he could in the interests of CHAOS solidarity, but Switchblade seems utterly uninterested in showing team spirit.

Also Naito flipped off Tenzan :xd:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 5, 2018

Takuan
May 6, 2007

The Cameo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI1Kehc6Igo

A trailer for the movie Tanahashi cut his luscious locks for, "My Dad Is A Heel Champion".

It looks... extremely mediocre.

It looks adorable. I think my wife'll get a kick out of it.

Baron Corbyn posted:

Best weekly show 2018 already wrapped up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=876IEKyTY1Q

I don't understand much Japanese, but I definitely understand "BACON desu ne."

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Has Kitamura won a match yet?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Has Kitamura won a match yet?

Not in the trial series. He swept his YL peers 5-0 to win the YLC.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I really liked the White vs Finlay match, actually, got quite good towards the end there and the postmatch bit. Switchblade is a fuckhead and I enjoy it more and more.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yeah, same on the Switchblade match. Probably the most I've enjoyed a Switchblade match. (It wasn't as good as the Omega match but I had lower expectations for this one)

he's such a dick.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I'm watching todays show right now, and the sight of Tenzan runninghobbling to the corner is just the saddest goddamn thing.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
if there's one guy i'm willing to be a dumbass new fan and trash for sticking around and doing the legends fighting young guys bit it's nakanishi. he's like, slightly more mobile than the iron sheik.

i love taichi's smaller show entrances, they really highlight how much of a high school theater dork he is.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 5, 2018

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

shiksa posted:

if there's one guy i'm willing to be a dumbass new fan and trash for sticking around and doing the legends fighting young guys bit it's nakanishi. he's like, slightly more mobile than the iron sheik.

i love taichi's smaller show entrances, they really highlight how much of a high school theater dork he is.

Yeah but it's only a slight decline from his peak.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Nakanishi wouldn't have even been on this tour if it wasn't for Kojima's ACL injury. He's obviously incredibly limited but that's fine in his prelim veteran role imo as he's still over.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nakanishi and Nagata doing their little arm in thing before matches is the pro wrestling equivalent of two elderly neighbors discussing the state of their yards.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thauros posted:

Road to the New Beginning
February 6th at 4:30 EDT/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

KUSHIDA, Liger, and TMIV vs. Umino, Yagi, and Narita
Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Tomoyuki Oka vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro and HIKULEO)
Kitamura Trial Series - Match 5 of 7Katsuya Kitamura vs. Manabu Nakanishi
Roppongi 3K vs. Suzuki-gun (Kanemaru, Desperado, and TAKA)
Juice Robinson, Henare, and Finlay vs. CHAOS (Jay White, Ishii, and YTR)
Makabe, Elgin, and Taguchi vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSu, Iizuka, and Taichi)
CHAOS (Ospreay, YOSHI, and Gedo) vs. L.I.J (Naito, Hiromu, and BUSHI
IWGP Tag Team Championship:L.I.J(c)(EVIL and SANADA) vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and Hirooki Goto)

This is starting. It's also probably the Swole Vampire match I'm the least excited about on this card.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Let us know what matches are worth watching again, J-Ru! I'll catch em after work so in three or so hours.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well Nakanishi/Kitamura was better than I'd dreaded, but not great.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Is Rocky wearing BUSHI's mask?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I really like how Taguchi Japan is the Hufflepuff of NJPW, they just take in all the waifs and strays :unsmith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God I love the Yano/Ishii dynamic :allears:

Edit: I'm liking more and more the ongoing story of Knife Pervert being completely detached from his teammates and not giving a gently caress about anything but himself.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Feb 6, 2018

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Aesculus posted:

Is Rocky wearing BUSHI's mask?

It's a Black Tiger mask as he had the gimmick at one point. He'll wear a mask during entrances on occasion

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Makabe choking the life out of Suzuki and somehow it is Suzuki who looks the scarier of the two :stonk:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

St Evan Echoes posted:

I really like how Taguchi Japan is the Hufflepuff of NJPW, they just take in all the waifs and strays :unsmith:

田口監督 is all about giving plenty of guys opportunities to get a 田口ジャパン cap, he’s not limited to a select group for friendlies and full internationals both.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God, Suzuki is so loving cool

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Did Sanada just

:stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well the main event was good, and the last few minutes was REALLY good.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Welp and now the fans are cheering for a man called the Cold Skull and someone whose name is unironically "EVIL".

Wrestling is good.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Hahaha just starting the show now: "Well the Young Lions didn't have to setup the ring today since it was already done yesterday, which gave them some extra time to do more squats."

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Yeah that tag match was very good.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be2qk8YAYwd/

I wonder if this will be promoted by Taka and Taichi

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like the main event of the Adelaide show is Okada and Ishii vs. the Bucks. They might finally be moving up to heavyweight, which leaves the Jr. division looking kind of sparse.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Draxion posted:

Looks like the main event of the Adelaide show is Okada and Ishii vs. the Bucks. They might finally be moving up to heavyweight, which leaves the Jr. division looking kind of sparse.

That match sounds so loving good who cares about the jr division

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

While there's been rumors of the bucks moving up, booking that match on a foreign show doesn't necessarily signify anything beyond booking a match that would draw in Australia

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

KES vs Bucks sounds pretty dope tho.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Tanahashi should come back as COCK ROACH

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/NJPWgifs/status/961017244166905856

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

between that and the chair spot with Jericho, naito is the loving best

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Only just catching up, but I really liked the 6 Man with Chaos against Juice, Finlay and Hanare. The parts of the Suzukigun brawl between Makabe and Suzuki were amazing even if the rest of it was just by the numbers cheating. It was so nasty looking, and Suzuki gives me the chills, no one else has that aura.

Also thought LIJ vs Chaos was good fun if just for the furthering of the little stories like Naito's belligerent apathy towards Yoshi-hashi. Looking forward to the main event now. Evil is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Seriously, Makabe was choking the poo poo out of Suzuki and Suzuki was just giving him the most badass "gently caress YOU!" look back. It's incredible.