Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Megazver posted:

He hasn't actually done anything objectionable, as far as I know. He was just kinda... cringe on Twitter until he deleted the account.

Poking around...

https://twitter.com/winnersusedrugs/status/1007762802570813441

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Yep. There is that and the whole saga before hand of coaxing his wife to have a open marriage before it backfired horriblely.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

I mean, while his fellow twitter wokes turning on him is kinda amusing, it wouldn't exactly mean a lot even if it wasn't, as far as I can tell, a single person throwing dirt with no actual claims, much less evidence - especially given how poo poo the rest of that person's feed is.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Pandora is a right to work planet you Vladof scum.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Hey, wasn’t there a planet that was referred to in the first Borderlands that was supposed to be an even bigger shithole than Pandora and it was a bit of a running joke that “At least we aren’t on X!” What was the name of it?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Unlucky7 posted:

Hey, wasn’t there a planet that was referred to in the first Borderlands that was supposed to be an even bigger shithole than Pandora and it was a bit of a running joke that “At least we aren’t on X!” What was the name of it?

Prometheus or something like that?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Bugsy posted:

Prometheus or something like that?

https://borderlands.fandom.com/wiki/Promethea

Sounds like we'll be visiting.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Promethea

And the leak that 100% accurately identified the reveal and characters said we're going there in 3

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

having the premise of the game be traveling to other planets and not visiting the only planet that has been established would have been extremely stupid but also a very gearbox thing to do

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You know, I never liked how Angel was live action and so dissonant with the rest of the game. It felt like a holdover from their earlier build where they had the crappy attempt at photorealism. When they suddenly out live action Lilith in the second game it just looked embarassing for the poor actress they got to stand there looking like she was constipated.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Arcsquad12 posted:

You know, I never liked how Angel was live action and so dissonant with the rest of the game. It felt like a holdover from their earlier build where they had the crappy attempt at photorealism. When they suddenly out live action Lilith in the second game it just looked embarassing for the poor actress they got to stand there looking like she was constipated.

my initial reaction to angel was similar, iirc, but it did make her feel appropriately otherworldly. i didn't mind live action lilith, and it made sense given how they handled angel.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Did they cut live action Lilith? I had to look this up and saw some ancient G4 footage where they were talking about the casting call and filming but I don't remember it in the game at all.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

NofrikinfuN posted:

Did they cut live action Lilith? I had to look this up and saw some ancient G4 footage where they were talking about the casting call and filming but I don't remember it in the game at all.

She appears in live action whenever she contacts the player after the Control Core Angel sequence.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
lol its real weird looking at the "raw" footage of her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG-K6i0JR_I

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Zoran posted:

She appears in live action whenever she contacts the player after the Control Core Angel sequence.

Weird, I must have glossed over it.

It looks real bad.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Kaysette posted:

lol its real weird looking at the "raw" footage of her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG-K6i0JR_I

Psychic powers is basically sneezing and tricking the brain into telepathy or whatever else it is.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
So I'm just going through the BL1 DLC now, should I got with TPS or BL2 next? I know if I do 2 and then TPS I'm probably gonna be burnt out and not finish it.

Also on 2, is it better just to start on TVHM? Normal mode on BL1 was pretty easy by the end as I was over-leveled for everything.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
The TPS prologue starts after the BL2 epilogue, then the story does a flashback to a few years before BL2 where you finally get to control your character and not watch a cutscene.

BL2 first.

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

I'm enjoying bl1 remastered so far, a nice little nostalgia trip in a way. I was wondering if they've removed a few weapon types though? I'm l23 now and still haven't seen a masher or glorious havoc yet, which is a shame as they were always my two favourite gun types.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

You’re just unlucky

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

watho posted:

You’re just unlucky

Story of my life

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Mashers were always rare-ish. I’ve seen a couple of Glorious Havoc at lower levels already in the enhanced tho.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I love that the Knoxx glitch is still in.:

I also forgot how good :torgue: was in BL1, Torgue SMGs are the absolute tits unless your RNG a better ATLAS which never seems to happen.

e: Now that I think on it I'm not sure ATLAS even makes SMGs or if I've ever seen one.

Tinfoil Papercut fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Apr 10, 2019

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Atlas does not make SMGs

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

watho posted:

Atlas does not make SMGs

No wonder they went belly up

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Playing the BL1 remaster and my level 8 siren just bought a fairly accurate scoped x2 lightning SMG and a x3 fire sniper rifle, both from the weapons vending machine in Fyrestone. This is so much more fun than the early weapons in BL2 or TPS.
I like how threatening the badass skags feel when you go to pick up plant seeds for TK Baha and they just come out of some hole with glowing eyes and charge at you.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Bofast posted:

Playing the BL1 remaster and my level 8 siren just bought a fairly accurate scoped x2 lightning SMG and a x3 fire sniper rifle, both from the weapons vending machine in Fyrestone. This is so much more fun than the early weapons in BL2 or TPS.
I like how threatening the badass skags feel when you go to pick up plant seeds for TK Baha and they just come out of some hole with glowing eyes and charge at you.

There's that, and turning around to shoot the psycho you just heard spawn right behind you and it turns out he's a badass.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

There's that, and turning around to shoot the psycho you just heard spawn right behind you and it turns out he's a badass.

First time I ever played BL1, I walked my Mordecai straight into a badass psycho just as I was coming around a corner down some stairs/ramp in Sledge's Safe House. He scared me and chased me half way back to the entrance before I could kill him :D

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

The gearbox weapons from the BL1 remaster are pretty great I love blowing baddies up with the revolver

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I decided to give Brick a shot while replaying #1. He is kind of fun, but I can't make up my mind how to spec him. But more importantly, is there a way to like remove his sound file from the game?

I don't want to listen to him raging for a minute every time I use his active. It's less noticeable during combat, but when combat ends and I've still got like 20 seconds it's really annoying :/

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Sab669 posted:

I decided to give Brick a shot while replaying #1. He is kind of fun, but I can't make up my mind how to spec him. But more importantly, is there a way to like remove his sound file from the game?

I don't want to listen to him raging for a minute every time I use his active. It's less noticeable during combat, but when combat ends and I've still got like 20 seconds it's really annoying :/

Max out explosive damage. Punch people with exploding fists.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
If you’re playing brick and you don’t have 4 explosive element weapons equipped you’re doing it wrong.

Pro tip tho Launchers do rear end for damage and are not worth it even with Brick’s buffs.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I mean I'm like level 7, so my options for weapons is pretty limited right now :)

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Downloaded BL2 for giggles and I forgot about my full :torgue: Axton build. Probably suboptimal but dang explosions are cool.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You also get way more cash in Borderlands 1. I'm rolling around with 20k at level 14 versus barely scratching 6-7k at the same level in BL2 or TPS.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Sab669 posted:

Lol if you don't activate Brick's super just to hear him yell loudly.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Tythas posted:

The gearbox weapons from the BL1 remaster are pretty great I love blowing baddies up with the revolver

I think they might be random. I got a rocket launcher that I never used and a sniper rifle with +800% critical hit damage. No revolver, though.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Bofast posted:

I think they might be random. I got a rocket launcher that I never used and a sniper rifle with +800% critical hit damage. No revolver, though.

Well then I will take screenshots of it when I get home

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Arcsquad12 posted:

You also get way more cash in Borderlands 1. I'm rolling around with 20k at level 14 versus barely scratching 6-7k at the same level in BL2 or TPS.

On the other hand, vendor machines can seemingly roll uncommon or rare weapons that cost upwards of 46k around level 12, so you can spend most/all of that very quickly if you really want to.
Most of the weapons I found in Sledge's safe house just now were worth about 700 each, which can add up fast.
By the way... I don't know if/when they might have done something to fix the cheese strategy against the Roid Rage Psycho, but I could no longer snipe him from that low ground in the room entrance. I just kept dying to grenades over and over again. I never used to die to grenades there back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Tythas posted:

Well then I will take screenshots of it when I get home

Please do. I'm curious as to what they can roll.